Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

'Looks like a perfect system for moving, if you ask me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Lord of Pie posted:

lol yeah I'm sure Norway will be fine once the gulf stream gets hosed up

Axe and boat sales spike in Norway. Here we go again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia0vVQnNGcc

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

What if we just hung a white tarp like 10 feet up over all the roads. Or gently caress an aluminum foil tarp

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
just put a tarp in front of the sun

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Rip Testes posted:

Is that a house boat?

It certainly is now

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

If you think about it atmospheric aerosol injection is just a fancy dispersed tarp.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

now we're talking

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

but what color tarp

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
it’s great that bad things people thought were going to happen 30-50 years from now, so it all could be easy handwaved away by people who would be long dead, are happening NOW. no one has any idea what to do lmao

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Demon Of The Fall posted:

it’s great that bad things people thought were going to happen 30-50 years from now, so it all could be easy handwaved away by people who would be long dead, are happening NOW. no one has any idea what to do lmao

We die

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

umm you buy some generators and some private guards??

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Oglethorpe posted:

lmao check the size of the average unplanned forced outages

suddenly less annoyed by the giant coal power plant that was built 30 miles away. wrap it up, rolling blackoutailures

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Meanwhile funny enough, the Texas grid and everyone's rear end is saved by wind and solar. They've been putting out overexpected amount of power.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Space Tarp

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

SirPablo posted:

Space Tarp

If I recall correctly, there are some space based solar power ideas that sound like space tarp

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

yeah but also like a lot of actual scientists were saying "hey these things aren't going to take 30-50 years to happen" and everyone just ignored them because lmao

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

E: whoops

Teriyaki Hairpiece has issued a correction as of 15:38 on Jun 16, 2022

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Paradoxish posted:

yeah but also like a lot of actual scientists were saying "hey these things aren't going to take 30-50 years to happen" and everyone just ignored them because lmao

from talking to a buddy that specializes in this poo poo its a situation wherein people did say this could happen, but even a lot of the experts are being surprised how fast it is occurring. What we are seeing is the worst case scenarios in papers from 90s. cool poo poo all around

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

how are the roads not melting at this point?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

maybe it was a bad idea to pave over every surface people live near with surfaces of heat retaining black tar

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

looks like the dewpoints in ar-kansas are in the mid-70s yikes

I experience an 83 degree dewpoint once, it was basically a sauna

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Enfys posted:

how are the roads not melting at this point?

they spec their asphalt pavements for seven-day average maximum pavement temperatures of 160-170f. this usually requires mixing some kind of modifier into the tar when it's produced (usually a rubber like SBS, ground tires, or latex)

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

the bitcoin of weed posted:

maybe it was a bad idea to pave over every surface people live near with surfaces of heat retaining black tar

everyone’s got a budget

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

tornado warning in Québec

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

actionjackson posted:

looks like the dewpoints in ar-kansas are in the mid-70s yikes

I experience an 83 degree dewpoint once, it was basically a sauna

I live in a hawaiian rainforest with relative humidity consistently around 75% and it's great. highly recommend

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

shame on an IGA posted:

tornado warning in Québec

Mon Dieu!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/KendraWrites/status/1537560398420918273
Less than 10% of homes with AC? That's an oof

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

:frogsiren: what’s the traditional sauce for frog legs?

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

holy gently caress is anything being done about any of this poo poo?? ahahahahahahaha FUUUUUUCKKKKK

uh yes sweaty we're voting blue no matter who for joe biden the most progressive president since fdr and his policy of hollering "DO SOMETHING!"

VOTE!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

french fry

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
105 in north platte sounds like a nightmare to me lol

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I think we did it boys we finally killed teh planet

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

it always astounds me how, in dangerous situations where you need quick reflexes to avoid death, people pretty normally just do the worst thing.

"oh no rocks are falling off the hill and careening down onto the road where i currently am! better stop and wait for that to finish"

If you do something and it turns out you made the wrong decision you have to take responsibility for that. Best to hunker down and wait. Don't ever take any kind of proactive action.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Laterite posted:

105 in north platte sounds like a nightmare to me lol

north platte is a nightmare at any temperature lol

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Hey it was just snowing a few months ago.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i rewatched Nausica of the Valley of the Wind and clearly we just need to make friends with the giant bug monsters like she does in the movie

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

lmao checking on on the flagstaff reddit to read about people responding to the gigantic fire set by a homeless person burning their toilet paper

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

hifi posted:

lmao checking on on the flagstaff reddit to read about people responding to the gigantic fire set by a homeless person burning their toilet paper

should have let them use the bathroom i suppose but a gigantic fire is good too

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

tater_salad posted:

What if I used a big tarp to block out some sun

can you drape it between the sun and earth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

we should try the tarp on venus first