Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
This Ezra Miller is super extra lovely because we're at a time where conservatives are beating the "Hollywood is filled with a bunch of gay pedophiles that groom children" drum and then well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Martman posted:

Is "clearing" people in that context some kind of Scientology thing or are they just generally sounding extremely culty

It's AAVE aka black American slang for being above others in whatever context.

Whataburger clears In n' Out, and so on

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jun 16, 2022

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
This is going to end badly I'm afraid.

checkplease posted:

Just dump verses.

Also this.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

They're running around armed picking fights with white supremacists. That sure can't end badly

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Mordiceius posted:

This Ezra Miller is super extra lovely because we're at a time where conservatives are beating the "Hollywood is filled with a bunch of gay pedophiles that groom children" drum and then well...

Moral panickers will do as they do with or without "evidence", tbf

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Recast leto as flash

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Upsidads posted:

Recast leto as flash

It's Flashin' time!

wait

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Trillhouse posted:

They also have really strange (factually incorrect) opinions about the origin of Parcheesi.

It sickens me that this is getting swept under the carpet

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

They would be doing that either way but it is depressing that this will just give people more ammunition to attack innocent people.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Jimbot posted:

They can just shelve the project and get a Cavill Superman film going. Everyone's happy.

:hmmyes:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

hiddenriverninja posted:

It's Flashin' time!

wait

This was supposed to be the summer of Flashius.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Just replace Flash with CGI Sonic the Hedgehog. Don't change anything else about the film.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

If they had released the movie faster (why did it keep getting delayed), they may have avoided this problem, but now they're pretty screwed since Ezra fell off the deep end and it's way too public.

If the reason was Covid dropping possible profits, they sure shot themselves in the foot.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darko posted:

If they had released the movie faster (why did it keep getting delayed), they may have avoided this problem, but now they're pretty screwed since Ezra fell off the deep end and it's way too public.

If the reason was Covid dropping possible profits, they sure shot themselves in the foot.

I would say "to be fair they didn't know this was happening" but if they have been grooming a child for 6 years and bringing them to sets of films that's either a case of everyone looking the other way or just not caring.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Ugly Sonic

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Poor Grant Gustin, just tag him in already, WB, you fools.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Darko posted:

WB, lol. They deserve it.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Isn't the Flash movie supposed to be important for setting the stage for future DC movies, like a Flashpoint sorta thing from the comics? loving up this movie might be loving up other in-production projects.

Lol, just lol.

I hope the kid gets back safe and Miller gets sent where they belong: the prison dimension from The One, (starring Jet Li) where they can snort ketamine and fistfight the entire population of Hawaii forever.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Mordiceius posted:

There's also about a billion examples of Christian hetero pedos, and they're still not mad at church or heteros, so it doesn't really matter.

They have been making up examples for years to justify their bigotry.

bushisms.txt posted:

It's AAVE aka black American slang for being above others in whatever context.

Slang and AAVE are different things and AAVE is not slang. It's a linguistic dialect.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

WB stepping on landmine after landmine is the only silver lining to this

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Isn't the Flash movie supposed to be important for setting the stage for future DC movies, like a Flashpoint sorta thing from the comics?

I think DC Films has said that about every other production.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Isn't the Flash movie supposed to be important for setting the stage for future DC movies, like a Flashpoint sorta thing from the comics? loving up this movie might be loving up other in-production projects.

Lol, just lol.

I hope the kid gets back safe and Miller gets sent where they belong: the prison dimension from The One, (starring Jet Li) where they can snort ketamine and fistfight the entire population of Hawaii forever.

The One kicks rear end. Rewatch it, it holds up

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

CelticPredator posted:

The One kicks rear end. Rewatch it, it holds up

Oh I have. Its delightfully stupid.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Mordiceius posted:

No, this is a good counter-example because it shows what this poo poo actually looks like.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

McCloud posted:

WB stepping on landmine after landmine is the only silver lining to this

Everything happening with Miller is horrible, but it is pretty funny that WB pinned all their hopes on retconning the Snyderverse out of existence on a film they might not even be able to release. They can't get rid of it! They wished for a cinematic universe, and the monkey's paw curled.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Flash will get a limited release in a small number of theatres and then will be used as a tax write-off.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Just do a quick rewrite that says Ezra Miller was reverse flash all along then deepfake some other actor over his performance. Bit of dubbing and bing bang boom yet done

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Jaxyon posted:

Slang and AAVE are different things and AAVE is not slang. It's a linguistic dialect.

I was giving a soft definition, because it's used as slang when it's done by people who appropriate it, AKA the LGBT community and others.

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

Jedit posted:

Flash will get a limited release in a small number of theatres and then will be used as a tax write-off.

They should just release it now on HBO Max and cut their losses. It’s not like they can recast and re-shoot at this point right?

Or just use CGI and redo his face. Worked real well for Cavil on Josstice League right? 😑

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

jiffynuts posted:

They should just release it now on HBO Max and cut their losses. It’s not like they can recast and re-shoot at this point right?

Or just use CGI and redo his face. Worked real well for Cavil on Josstice League right? 😑

Use CGI and put Henry Cavil's face over his

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Give Grant Gustin and Candice Patton some good writers and a movie, memory hole Ezra Miller.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Not sure why Keirsey Clemons needs to be recast

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Pretty sure Gustin wants to be done with the role.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Pretty sure Gustin wants to be done with the role.

Personally I don't think Gustin is a good actor, but I'm sure he'd be up for a major pay raise and leading man in a major motion picture

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MacheteZombie posted:

Personally I don't think Gustin is a good actor, but I'm sure he'd be up for a major pay raise and leading man in a major motion picture

He’d probably love to do flash poo poo with a proper budget at least once.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

RBA Starblade posted:

Use CGI and put Henry Cavil's face over his

Only if he has a mustache.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I will never understand everyone begging for Gustin to get the role.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

the time for a heavy set flash has begun, john goodman

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

What about the fastest man in Hollywood Tom Cruise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Digitally replace Ezra with Tig Notaro like they did in that zombie movie.