Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Neon White feels very good to play so far, and has gyro aim. Don't sleep on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Hm... not quite the same thing but the gameplay has a similar feel to it, though I've always called it a Gauntlet-like, is Children of Morta.

I like Children of Morta. The characters are varied and you're encouraged to switch between runs. The art is really good. The gameplay is not as good as diablo 2 in my opinion but still very enjoyable little action roguelike.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Diablo has gameplay?

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

I need a rec:

I'd really like to play an ARPG but refuse to give Blizzard money. All the used copies of D3 around here are basically full price.

Any other ARPGs on the Switch worth checking out?

I've played through Torchlight 1&2 already.

Could Hades work? It's run based, so character builds are temporary things, but it has actual gameplay.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Inzombiac posted:

I need a rec:

I'd really like to play an ARPG but refuse to give Blizzard money. All the used copies of D3 around here are basically full price.

Torchlight 2 would have been my answer but I like Titan Quest a lot too.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

heard the titan quest port is atrocious on switch. be careful though, this post will summon the WOMM guys

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Oscar Wild posted:

I like Children of Morta. The characters are varied and you're encouraged to switch between runs. The art is really good. The gameplay is not as good as diablo 2 in my opinion but still very enjoyable little action roguelike.

Curse of the Dead Gods is in the same vein and got a warm reception in the roguelike thread, as did Morta

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Quantum of Phallus posted:

heard the titan quest port is atrocious on switch. be careful though, this post will summon the WOMM guys

What’s a WOMM guy?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Skrill.exe posted:

What’s a WOMM guy?

these freaks:

works on my machine OP

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Charged shots video needs to be skippable, for sure. Especially cause then you're just watching that boring "goalie fights the blast" scene.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Bloop posted:

Diablo has gameplay?

Mash B. occasionally hit one of the other buttons every few seconds. repeat until stage clear.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The PS4 port is awful so I assume the Switch one can only be worse.

I would also avoid Titan Quest unless you love slow, boring combat and only being able to put points into three skills if you don't want to make your character worthless.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Inzombiac posted:

I need a rec:

Dead Cells and Hades are awesome, if more action and less on the RPG side. Children of Morta is a great pick, too.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Does anyone know which switch controllers are compatible with Shredder's Revenge?

Really wondering if those NES, SNES, N64, and Genesis controllers work, since I definitely have 6 if you can use those

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I want to get Neon White but part of my brain really wishes this was a Vr title.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Turns out my nostalgia for playing Ninja Turtles in the arcade as a kid is still very strong. Also turns out I'm still terrible at beat'em ups. Never did figure out the part where you don't get hit. I'd never get anywhere withound ground pizza and trash chicken.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Flubby posted:

Turns out my nostalgia for playing Ninja Turtles in the arcade as a kid is still very strong. Also turns out I'm still terrible at beat'em ups. Never did figure out the part where you don't get hit. I'd never get anywhere withound ground pizza and trash chicken.

Just do jump kicks the whole time. That's always worked in the past.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Neon white is fun and the gyro feels good. Glad my boy Steve Blum is still getting work

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TMNT is good but I’m not really enjoying it as much as Streets of Rage 4.

Waffle! posted:

Just do jump kicks the whole time. That's always worked in the past.

You don’t need to do that anymore with these newer ones. They’re actually designed to be beaten without resorting to repetitive cheap poo poo.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jun 16, 2022

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Waffle! posted:

Dead Cells and Hades are awesome, if more action and less on the RPG side. Children of Morta is a great pick, too.

I've completed all of those (to my satisfaction, anyway)

Guess I gotta keep my eyes open for a cheap D3 copy until Path of Exile comes to Switch (lol, never)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Astro7x posted:

Does anyone know which switch controllers are compatible with Shredder's Revenge?

Really wondering if those NES, SNES, N64, and Genesis controllers work, since I definitely have 6 if you can use those

they should be

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
How's the performance on Switch for Shredder's Revenge?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Willo567 posted:

How's the performance on Switch for Shredder's Revenge?

I just played over an hour of it with my two sons, and it was totally fine. We had combos and special moves blasting all over the place and there's like a half second of freezing whenever there's a big move done but that might be intentional, like how I think Street Fighter does it, where there's that delay when you land a big hit.

It was consistent and seemed to be a part of the flow.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 16, 2022

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

antidote posted:

Charged shots video needs to be skippable, for sure. Especially cause then you're just watching that boring "goalie fights the blast" scene.

Playing the CPU I was getting annoyed with the video playing every time, but when you play online against other humans they really don't happen more than once or twice a match.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The brief freeze even happens in single player so yeah, intentional

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

TMNT is good but I’m not really enjoying it as much as Streets of Rage 4.

I’ve yet to try TMNT, may give it a spin tonight, but SoR4 is a GOAT of its genre. It’d be tough to compare. If Shredder’s Revenge can hold a candle to Turtles in Time, that’ll be enough.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I’ve yet to try TMNT, may give it a spin tonight, but SoR4 is a GOAT of its genre. It’d be tough to compare. If Shredder’s Revenge can hold a candle to Turtles in Time, that’ll be enough.

Shredder's Revenge is, at least to me, better than Turtles in Time. The fighting has more depth to it, there's more stuff to do. Great game so far.

Oh, and the supermove system is perfect. It doesn't use up any health, you have a meter for supermove power. The meter slowly fills up while you fight, but you can also take a few seconds to do your character-specific charge up (Donny plays a gameboy, Leroy meditates, Raph just points and laughs), which fills up your meter. You can have a max of two of these charged shots ready to go. It's a good trade-off.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 16, 2022

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
When April rezes someone she says "you have my support" lol

I turned music and effects way down and voices way up and still can't really hear them, I dont think messing with her settings did anything. Donnie doesnt sound right

2nd stage is called "big apple, 3pm" lol

The tutorial sucks, it shows a command prompt and the turtle doing the move but you aren't controlling it, you're watching a demonstration. It automatically goes through 21 of these. Also, there are more moves in a move list on the pause screen

They spaced the pizzas really well, when I get in the red there's usually one nearby. I'm playing on "ok", which is 2 of 3 difficulties

You can quickly kill dudes by throwing them towards the screen, seems like a fast way to get rid of them

Donnie looks really weird walking up the screen

Combat is pretty fun. Haven't messed with super moves much but I like the economy of them. But just mashing the y button is satisfying

Music is decent, hasn't really stood out yet

So far the game is pretty awesome

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
There's some good tracks in there

And throwing dudes towards the screen really only works for chumps and weakened guys

They fight it, so once it seems broken and you overuse it, you get beat down for trying

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Volume on Shredder’s Revenge seems weird to me. Turned the volume on my OLED to max and it’s still not very loud. Also have experienced a few glitches with the conversation text disappearing after half a second on the screen at certain points.

Game is really, really fun though and performance is rock solid.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1537559479298015240?s=21&t=RJX4Z1V5dwC_0cHkFH1MHw

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Finally, the second of only two psp games worth owning is finally going to be on the Switch.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I might've missed this part of the celebration stream but is this running on the FFVII Remake engine?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

thank you nintendo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The fact that it’s coming to Switch should answer that question for you.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

American McGay posted:

The fact that it’s coming to Switch should answer that question for you.
That's what I thought at first too, but it sure looks like FFVII Remake and has the same UI and everything. Maybe it's on the same engine but the Switch version has a dramatically reduced resolution/30fps?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

it's running on the ff7 remake engine but will only release for the switch pro

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Gonna be cloud based for the Switch, I'm guessing, if Kingdom Hearts is anything to go by

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its the final fantasy 7 remake engine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Chieves posted:

Gonna be cloud based for the Switch, I'm guessing, if Kingdom Hearts is anything to go by

i think they would have delayed the switch announcement if it was but lol if true