Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Zeluth posted:

Has anyone figured out who is faster? Superman or the Flas

According to the comics (but as always, depending on the writer) it’s definitely the Flash :goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

lmao i'm legit nervous to watch this content now i feel like i'm gearing up to listen to two guys at the old folks home reminisce about how funny it was in the new star wars when the cartoon rabbit stepped in the poopy while their nurse tries to get them ready for their nap

It is that. Honestly if you're not in the right mood for it, just skip it. It's not a good scene

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it's a bit boring tbqh

It's super loving pretty and I'd still love a blu ray but yeah not a whole lot seems to happen before I cut it off. But in that narrow valley of stop motion feature length films, it's probably right to call it a classic

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
They didn't even talk about how awful the Inquisitors acting were.

I don't mind RLM having fun with the show they never cared about Star Wars that much anyway.

I might have to watch this garbage myself to see the murder museum with my own eyes. What episode is it in?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m really surprised they enjoy the show that much. It’s poo poo but I don’t watch nearly as much garbage as them so their standards are different.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

okay while mike and rich are adamant they like it they're poking fun at how lovely it is constantly so i think we're gonna be alright, from the way you guys were talking about it i thought i was in for 60 uninterrupted minutes of how happy they were with everything about it

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
intro: I enjoyed it
review: it's bad and I feel bad for enjoying it

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
The 1-2 punch of Hawkeye/Blorbo killed all interest I had in D+ originals

Moon Knight worth it? Ms. Marvel? I don't expect things to be good, I'm entirely fine with slop bucket popcorn poo poo like the Falcon/WS series but it's gotta be at least somewhat entertaining

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TheSwizzler posted:

Moon Knight worth it? Ms. Marvel? I don't expect things to be good, I'm entirely fine with slop bucket popcorn poo poo like the Falcon/WS series but it's gotta be at least somewhat entertaining

How often can you rewatch the good years of the Simpsons?

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

PostNouveau posted:

Ah, I see they took so long to release this so they could pretend to predict the plot twist about the inquisitor lady

I mean…. who COULDN’T have predicted that? I correctly surmised her backstory as soon as she showed up and the other bad guys started giving her poo poo about her past, otherwise what would have been the point of the opening school shooting scene?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bonaventure posted:

I mean…. who COULDN’T have predicted that? I correctly surmised her backstory as soon as she showed up and the other bad guys started giving her poo poo about her past, otherwise what would have been the point of the opening school shooting scene?

What's the point of any Star Wars after 1983?

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

What's the point ?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

PostNouveau posted:

What's the point of any Star Wars after 1983?

To make a really good Doom Clone in 1995 with Dark Forces.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

PostNouveau posted:

How often can you rewatch the good years of the Simpsons?

D+ in Canada's a p good deal with a lot of the Hulu catalogue so it's not just Simpsons

That said I can watch good Simpsons forever

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Obi Wan pitch meeting:

Kathleen Kennedy: "Let's have baby Leia doing the annoying Dakota Fanning precocious child that talks like an adult thing"

Board Member 1: "What if absolutely nothing made sense and contradicted the original trilogy?"

Board Member 2: "Let's have a robot play James Earl Jones playing Darth Vader"

Board Member 3: "And we'll put Hayden Christensen in the suit so Vader looks really small and scrawy."

[booming voice from the swirling fog of lice and corpsewax at the head of the table]

"FOOLS. We have to be more evil than this. We will make the space nazis black and Asian women to make twitter libs sympathetic to the fascists."

Disney board members, in unison: "Hail Satan!!!"

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The Anime Liker posted:

Obi Wan pitch meeting:

Kathleen Kennedy: "Let's have baby Leia doing the annoying Dakota Fanning precocious child that talks like an adult thing"

Board Member 1: "What if absolutely nothing made sense and contradicted the original trilogy?"

Board Member 3: "And we'll put Hayden Christensen in the suit so Vader looks really small and scrawy."

[booming voice from the swirling fog of lice and corpsewax at the head of the table]

"FOOLS. We have to be more evil than this. We will make the space nazis black and Asian women to make twitter libs sympathetic to the fascists."

Mike: "I love it"

Rich Evans: "This is a miracle"

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
The Boys is getting a spinoff about teenagers attending a school for wizards mutants supes.

https://ew.com/tv/patrick-schwarzenegger-the-boys-spin-off-euphoria-meets-superheroes/

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

The Anime Liker posted:

Obi Wan pitch meeting:

You joke, but 4real this is a show where I feel tangible disdain and condescension by the creators towards their audience.

These are real people, watching the dailies and saying actual things like, "Our core demo won't care, they'll eat any of this fuckin slop." And "Just shake the camera a bit, they'll defend it on Twitter."

These people really don't like you, and resent having to take your money. I bet part of them almost wish the subscriber numbers didn't get as juiced as they do when releasing slop like this. Part of them wishes their audience was smarter, more discerning, so they would have to try harder to tell good stories, and maybe be prouder of their achievements in the long run.

But they're not, so the creators don't care. Because they don't have to. Because artistic merit is just another column on the budget excel, easily offset by other columns like "after effects" and "memberberries."

The only constant is change. This just represents the current trajectory. It's only gonna get worse.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Tanned, Exquisitely Coiffed Rich Evans Tells Supporters Star Wars Actually Has A Lot To Offer

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 19 minutes!

AHH F/UGH posted:

Alternately,

before disney recuts for Chinese distribution:

after disney recuts for Chinese distribution:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Thought The Gentlemen was much worse tbh

I've never seen The Gentlemen, but I've seen Revolver, so holy gently caress

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Guy Ritchie films worth watching are Snatch, Lock Stock, the Sherlock movies are silly fun, but man the gentlemen and revolver sucked so bad.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Man from U.N.C.L.E. is pretty dece if a bit jarring between Guy Richie's style and the 60s aesthetic

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Why are they in the void for this?

Why does this exist?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Nerd Crew is back bby

Usu Kai Ken
Oct 2, 2021
Lol that they keep saying it looks cheap even though they liked it

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

priznat posted:

Guy Ritchie films worth watching are Snatch, Lock Stock, the Sherlock movies are silly fun, but man the gentlemen and revolver sucked so bad.
The first Sherlock was good, I think Game of Shadows leaned too heavily into his superhuman combat abilities.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Usu Kai Ken posted:

Lol that they keep saying it looks cheap even though they liked it

They like cheap terrible schlock, this we know.

They like this because it's cheap terrible schlock, this is news.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/game-of-thrones-jon-snow-spinoff-1235167415/

quote:

‘Game of Thrones’ Jon Snow Sequel Series in Development at HBO (Exclusive)

Kit Harington is attached to reprise his fan-favorite role in the first potential 'Thrones' project to take place after the events in the original series.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

X JAKK posted:

The first Sherlock was good, I think Game of Shadows leaned too heavily into his superhuman combat abilities.

Agreed, however Jared Harris rules so it makes it worthwhile.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

TheSwizzler posted:

Moon Knight starts out interesting, but quickly loses steam halfway through. The ending is straight up bad, with the plot being resolved by two deus ex machinas in a row, and having it being yet another save the world plot with two giant gods fighting each other in a huge special effects spectacle. Its not the worst show, just incredibly mediocre and forgettable.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I have a question for anyone who has seen “the natural.” I want to know if I’m missing something since I watched this on a plane. Why won’t he tell anyone where he was or where he was from after he was shot? Why does he care if people find out some nut job shot him? Seems like a really weird blackmail.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Oh god the Seth Rogen cameo on The Boys lmao

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

There are no happily ever afters

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
NYC and tristate folks, MoMA is showing many horror movies over the next 10 weeks.

https://www.moma.org/calendar/groups/84

quote:

Horror: Messaging the Monstrous
Jun 23–Sep 5, 2022

In the six decades since Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho reinvented horror as a mainstream box office attraction, the genre has morphed and mutated to become arguably the most complex and radically provocative in cinema. Much like musicals and gangster films during the Depression of the 1930s, or science-fiction amid the threat of McCarthyism and nuclear war in the 1950s, horror movies reflect the major concerns of our times. They are often a testament to the plagues of escalating factionalism and disfunction in the world, to humanity’s collective inability to address the conditions that threaten its future, from impending environmental collapse to racial, economic, and gender-based injustice and inequity. Rooted in reality and fueled by the fantastic, these works question the supremacy of humankind, and visualize a dizzying array of consequences for our folly. No other genre so effectively explores the mixtures of shock, fear, brutality, and grim humor that result from acknowledging the fragility of existence and accepting the ultimate end that awaits us all.

This 10-week series will highlight foundational works and key films that capture horror’s uncanny ability to embody the lurking fears evoked by evolving social, cultural, and political change in the world. Organized according to fluid themes that shaped how the works were conceived—Slashers, Horror of Place, Gender and Horror, Race and Horror, the Undead, Body Horror, Women Make Horror, Folk Horror, Eco Horror, and Creatures—the series comprises more than 100 features and an international selection of shorts by seasoned masters and important new filmmakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Jay Bauman posted:

I don't really care. I'll keep watching it, it's watchable

In retrospect I enjoyed that, they managed to communicate why they liked (or didn't) the show.

They've given up, and it's super okay