Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

https://twitter.com/slavomir_YU/status/1537067376914710531

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Uffe Ellemann died in denmark. As a red, red, red, leftist, I never liked much of what he did. Unlike most of the rest of his party, he appeared to have a heart though. Definitely going to hell for his role in Iraq. It was apparently in large parts his own project to recognize the baltiic states early, and while that may be unpopular with todays neofacists, I think it was cool and good.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/MC34990/status/1536880914021720067

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

So what about that random tweet from someone who seemingly lost custody of their kid?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Danish courts likely wrongly convicted Somali parents of genital mutilation despite expert opinion.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/nye-oplysninger-i-sag-om-omskaering-meget-stor-sandsynlighed-der-er-sket-et

Revelation 2-13 posted:

As a red, red, red, leftist

;)

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jun 20, 2022

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Jeg er fortsatt i dyp sjokk på grunn av det angrepet mot London pub. Selv er jeg fra Oslo og er stolt åpen homofil, og London pub er et av stedene jeg har vært veldig mye på. Fikk kontakt med mine venner og folk i mitt nettverk i natt, men sjokket ligger fortsatt dypt i meg. Dette treffer meg veldig, veldig hardt.

Ta vare på dere selv, og vær så snill send melding til deres LHBT+ venner og sørg for at de er OK. Et angrep som dette treffer oss alle.

edit in english i suppose

I'm still in shock because of the attack at London pub. I am from Oslo myself and am a proud and open gay man, and London pub is one of the placed I used to be at a lot. I got in touch with my friends and people in my network tonight, but the shock still lies deep. This has hit me really, really hard.
Take care of yourselves and send a message to your LGBT+ friends and make sure they're alright. An attack like this is an attack on all of us.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Stalins Moustache posted:

Jeg er fortsatt i dyp sjokk på grunn av det angrepet mot London pub. Selv er jeg fra Oslo og er stolt åpen homofil, og London pub er et av stedene jeg har vært veldig mye på. Fikk kontakt med mine venner og folk i mitt nettverk i natt, men sjokket ligger fortsatt dypt i meg. Dette treffer meg veldig, veldig hardt.

Ta vare på dere selv, og vær så snill send melding til deres LHBT+ venner og sørg for at de er OK. Et angrep som dette treffer oss alle.

edit in english i suppose

I'm still in shock because of the attack at London pub. I am from Oslo myself and am a proud and open gay man, and London pub is one of the placed I used to be at a lot. I got in touch with my friends and people in my network tonight, but the shock still lies deep. This has hit me really, really hard.
Take care of yourselves and send a message to your LGBT+ friends and make sure they're alright. An attack like this is an attack on all of us.

I just woke up and saw. Jesus gently caress, what a sickening thing to happen. All of my love, solidarity and rage. I’m just flat out horrified.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Vet man om gärningsmannen är på fri fot?

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

endocriminologist posted:

Vet man om gärningsmannen är på fri fot?

He was arrested immediately after the attack.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Once again it's a person known to authorities and intelligence services, this one since at least 2015, was previously questioned by PST over suspected radicalization, history of violent threats, numerous arrests and convictions.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

Once again it's a person known to authorities and intelligence services, this one since at least 2015, was previously questioned by PST over suspected radicalization, history of violent threats, numerous arrests and convictions.

And? Just keep everyone with a criminal history locked up forever? Besides, sometimes the people who commit terrorist attacks don't really have prior criminal convictions, like Breivik.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Randarkman posted:

And? Just keep everyone with a criminal history locked up forever? Besides, sometimes the people who commit terrorist attacks don't really have prior criminal convictions, like Breivik.

From what I've gathered, he was investigated and interviewed by PST for radicalization, had a history of violent threats related to "Islamic" grievances, and was previously arrested for attempted murder and possession of an illegal firearm. Maybe it's worth keeping a closer eye on people who fit that particular profile, I mean, that's their job, isn't it? Nobody said they should be locked up forever.

Same thing with Omar El-Hussein, known radicalization case with prior convictions. I think it's striking how often they're already known to authorities and not just for petty crime.

Breivik was investigated briefly by PST for buying primer, as I recall, but he's a white Christian.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I don't really know what else you are suggesting. The closer eye as it were is already being kept, hence his history and propensities being known, but he had already done time for those prior criminal charges where applicable, hence why he was known to the police. Most of the time that close eye being kept doesn't do much good. It's really an off-chance that it does as far as I'm aware.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Obviously we need to let our government sift through all of our telecommunication and install a CCTV camera in every citizen's bathroom so that they cannot commit any crimes.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Randarkman posted:

Most of the time that close eye being kept doesn't do much good. It's really an off-chance that it does as far as I'm aware.

So all those supposed thwarted terrorist attacks are bogus? Shame the massive panopticon is so ineffective as to push them to just make stuff up.

Jack Trades posted:

Obviously we need to let our government sift through all of our telecommunication

I don't think they asked first, but they are already doing this.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 25, 2022

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

So all those supposed thwarted terrorist attacks are bogus? Shame the massive panopticon is so ineffective as to push them to just make stuff up.

Not what I said. I still don't understand what your point is. The close eye is already being kept.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Randarkman posted:

Not what I said. I still don't understand what your point is. The close eye is already being kept.

Closer. It seems evident it wasn't close enough or he wouldn't have been able to acquire an automatic weapon and shoot up a bar.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Like, he was literally interviewed by PST last month.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

Like, he was literally interviewed by PST last month.

For having taken part in a demonstration against a quran burning yes. There they made the evaluation (the wrong one) that he was not planning any violent criminal actions. I guess the police really should step up surveillance and activities against muslims or people who take part in counter-demonstrations against fascists.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 25, 2022

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Randarkman posted:

I guess the police really should step up surveillance and activities against muslims or people who take part in counter-demonstrations against fascists.

That's messed up, dude. You should be more considerate of your fellow man.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Minor criminal convictions only, and diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia according to his mother.

Be interesting to see how he got a reported fully automatic weapon, aren't those banned in Norway?

Not sure I want to give the police *more* powers to harrass people thanks.

"The only moral police state is my police state"

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

Be interesting to see how he got a reported fully automatic weapon, aren't those banned in Norway?

Hence, unregistered weapons. The weapons were not acquired legally.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 25, 2022

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Wasn't he also arrested for attempted murder and possession of a weapon previously, or did Danish media get that wrong? Doesn't seem "minor".

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

Wasn't he also arrested for attempted murder and possession of a weapon previously, or did Danish media get that wrong? Doesn't seem "minor".

In 1999 he was arrested and imprisoned for stabbing someone, that would be the attempted murder, he was not in prison long for that because of his age at the time. He's earlier also been convicted over possession of an illegal weapon and cocaine. Though I don't know right now how many years ago that was.

e: And he was arrested and fined for carrying a knife in 2020 at a nightclub.

e2: I was curious how, since he apparently seems to have been so heavily armed, there weren't more killed and wounded, so I guess he had to have been jumped or something (also seeing as he was arrested and not shot and killed). Seems like that was the case, that he was jumped by a doorguard from a dive bar across the road from London, the two men who were killed were at this one.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jun 25, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Randarkman posted:

In 1999 he was arrested and imprisoned for stabbing someone, that would be the attempted murder, he was not in prison long for that because of his age at the time.

Acquitted on appeal, actually.

"Tilbake i 1999 fikk Matapour sin første dom i Oslo tingrett. Her ble han dømt til ti måneders fengsel etter å ha vært involvert i en knivstikking på en nattklubb i forbindelse med et skoleball. Han var selv elev ved Stovner videregående skole på dette tidspunktet.

Ifølge VG ble han frifunnet for hovedtiltalen da ankesaken gikk i lagmannsretten i 2000. Retten fant det ikke bevist at det var han som førte kniven, men han ble dømt til 30 dagers fengsel for slag og spark, noe retten betegnet som grov gatevold."

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

does anyone know what the Russian Embassy is talking about here? It sounds really funny but as far as I can tell on it's totally fabricated

https://twitter.com/EmbassyofRussia/status/1540287564472631299

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Rust Martialis posted:

Minor criminal convictions only, and diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia according to his mother.

Not sure I want to give the police *more* powers to harrass people thanks.

"The only moral police state is my police state"

I don't know about Norway, but in Denmark, in pretty sure an actual meaningful response would look at psychiatric care, systemic issues of (guessing here) poverty and discrimination and so on.
It's almost like you can't fix the effects of systemic issues by treating the symptoms, at least not without going full police state.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
What happened? A gunman did a spree in norway?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Yeah, two dead and a lot more wounded. Target was a gay bar. They caught the guy, but still let him win by cancelling pride.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

BonHair posted:

Yeah, two dead and a lot more wounded. Target was a gay bar. They caught the guy, but still let him win by cancelling pride.

There was actually a spontaneous pride parade.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Alhazred posted:

There was actually a spontaneous pride parade.

The best kind

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Flavahbeast posted:

does anyone know what the Russian Embassy is talking about here? It sounds really funny but as far as I can tell on it's totally fabricated

Well, she did post "Free Navalny" once, but then Swedes seem even fonder of nazis than Danes do, so it's unsurprising.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

BonHair posted:

i thought they just postponed the main event? imo reasonable act by the organisers to postpone when the police are clear that they can't guarantee safety (which they couldn't - they clearly messed up with this guy and less than a full day is not enough time for a broader review). also good to see spontaneous demonstrations, of course, but if the organisers had persisted and there was another attack it really would've been catastrophic.

at the present the guy seems like he's seriously mentally ill. apparently even his defenders aren't getting clear answers from him.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Flavahbeast posted:

It sounds like a classic information operation. Note that this is from their embassy in South Africa, so the intended audience has likely no knowledge of what "Swedish activists" are demanding or what "Russian NGO" Greta might have links to. The intent seems to be establish a mental connection between Greta Thunberg and western sanctions, which are both harmful and irrational results of rampant Russophoby. Or something of that sort, the message is not intended to be a coherent claim but an insinuation that is impossible to verify or deny.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Nenonen posted:

It sounds like a classic information operation. Note that this is from their embassy in South Africa, so the intended audience has likely no knowledge of what "Swedish activists" are demanding or what "Russian NGO" Greta might have links to. The intent seems to be establish a mental connection between Greta Thunberg and western sanctions, which are both harmful and irrational results of rampant Russophoby. Or something of that sort, the message is not intended to be a coherent claim but an insinuation that is impossible to verify or deny.

https://energetyka24-com.translate....&_x_tr_pto=wapp

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/qWqjAL/skandal-skakar-gronland-tusentals-flickor-fick-tvangsspiral

loving sickening.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Anything coming out of Russian affiliated sources should be taken as a blatant lie until proven otherwise.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Collateral Damage posted:

Anything coming out of Russian affiliated sources should be taken as a blatant lie until proven otherwise.

That's what they want you to think, maaaaan.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

I wonder if the people directly responsible for this decision have been named and their reputations properly smeared in public? Post-humously, I presume, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Nenonen posted:

I wonder if the people directly responsible for this decision have been named and their reputations properly smeared in public? Post-humously, I presume, but still.

I just listened to a podcast about Kevinfället recently and I’m still goddamn floored that Sven Åke Christianson hasn’t been lobbed into the sea.

So between that and the little justice for those in North America who have undergone similar forced IUDs and sterilization (kinda weird how this keeps happening?????), no, I have little goddamn hope.