Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Good news everyone, Raised By Wolves is back! I knew HBO wouldn't let us down, never doubted them for a second.

https://twitter.com/AnimationOnMax/status/1537105012274483200?t=dgo3Sa22hAJL22bCINV42Q&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

lynch_69 posted:

Good news everyone, Raised By Wolves is back! I knew HBO wouldn't let us down, never doubted them for a second.

https://twitter.com/AnimationOnMax/status/1537105012274483200?t=dgo3Sa22hAJL22bCINV42Q&s=19
Those motherfuckers!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i just came up with a new sci fi show, it's called "Everyone is Tetsuo" the idea is that everyone turns into Tetsuo from the end of Akira and they all just sort of flop around and shoot gross juices and pseudopods at each other.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

lynch_69 posted:

Motherfuckers

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

:sickos:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

smdh I can't believe this is cancelled but we are getting another Game of Thrones spinoff

Sol stop testing my faith so much

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I pray to Sol Mother swoops in from the heavens and ends this planet.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah, gently caress the sun, I fuckin' hate it too, long live the fuckin' beast.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

lynch_69 posted:

how much would it cost to just get season 3 animated instead of filmed? not even titmouse good, like, maybe some outfit that just churns out mindless childrens animations who could take a quick change of pace.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
What the gently caress happened to HBO? This scene from Jackie Brown comes to mind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHu9UjCy_Cc

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
HBO cancelled Carnivale too, remember.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Khanstant posted:

how much would it cost to just get season 3 animated instead of filmed? not even titmouse good, like, maybe some outfit that just churns out mindless childrens animations who could take a quick change of pace.

I'd watch season 3 even if it looks like Peppa Pig

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
I want it animated like Star Trek TAS including Mother and Father’s jumpsuits being inexplicably* pink.

*The colorist was colorblind apparently.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

brocked posted:

I'd watch season 3 even if it looks like Peppa Pig

:hmmyes:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

What the gently caress happened to HBO? This scene from Jackie Brown comes to mind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHu9UjCy_Cc

they're going to make 50 new games of thrones. money has to come from somewhere.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Pascallion posted:

HBO cancelled Carnivale too, remember.

At least with Carnivale the series bible got released, not as satisfying as y'know, more episodes but really getting to dig into the mythology and future plot points was a decent consolation prize.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

uber_stoat posted:

they're going to make 50 new games of thrones. money has to come from somewhere.

And each and every single one of them will fail

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I won't say that every HBO executive needs to be thrown into a pit... but every HBO exec responsible for the cancellation needs to be thrown into a pit.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Hughmoris posted:

I won't say that every HBO executive needs to be thrown into a pit... but every HBO exec responsible for the cancellation needs to be thrown into a pit.

They'll just end up reborn then.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Every HBO executive deserves to be turned into lizard mermaids/mermen.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Introduce them to Acid Sea™.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I realize I’m very late to this party, but the show is good and I’m glad I watched it.

When Campion’s robot girlfriend taunts her mother by asking if she’s going to break her neck again, am I supposed to take that to mean that part of the mother’s deal with needing a simulation of her dead daughter is that she regularly attacks or pantomimes killing the robot?

I had thought it meant that the mother murdered her daughter, but then the robot girlfriend says that the daughter committed suicide out of grief when she learned her mother got rich off of the weapons that poisoned Earth’s atmosphere.

I feel kind of stupid asking, but I feel like this might be one thread where a necro is appropriate.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I AM GRANDO posted:

I realize I’m very late to this party, but the show is good and I’m glad I watched it.

When Campion’s robot girlfriend taunts her mother by asking if she’s going to break her neck again, am I supposed to take that to mean that part of the mother’s deal with needing a simulation of her dead daughter is that she regularly attacks or pantomimes killing the robot?

I had thought it meant that the mother murdered her daughter, but then the robot girlfriend says that the daughter committed suicide out of grief when she learned her mother got rich off of the weapons that poisoned Earth’s atmosphere.

I feel kind of stupid asking, but I feel like this might be one thread where a necro is appropriate.

Was the taunt after she pushed robo-daughter off the cliff? I think it's referring to that.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Was the taunt after she pushed robo-daughter off the cliff? I think it's referring to that.

It’s just before she jumps off the cliff, right before they cut off her face.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

I AM GRANDO posted:

It’s just before she jumps off the cliff, right before they cut off her face.

God I already miss this.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

I had the exact same thought. This show was buck wild.

I interpreted that line as the mom took her grief out on the robot.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Decima yelling "You're not her!" right afterward made me think that maybe human Vrille didn't kill herself, but I dunno if android Vrille would have known about that if it happened.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I'm not a comics guy or anything but I'd buy some graphic novels or whatever that continue the storyline, I am really curious where it was going.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

priznat posted:

I'm not a comics guy or anything but I'd buy some graphic novels or whatever that continue the storyline, I am really curious where it was going.

That’s a great idea, I would def buy those

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

priznat posted:

It took some doing, but I was finally about to source the internal recordings of Aaron Guzikowski in his pitch meeting with HBO Max for season 3:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Number 9 *belch*
Number 9 *belch*
Number 9 *belch*

:haw:

I really wonder how much was planned out but we’ll probably never know now :sigh:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

priznat posted:

Number 9 *belch*
Number 9 *belch*
Number 9 *belch*

:haw:

I really wonder how much was planned out but we’ll probably never know now :sigh:

It seems pretty clear that almost everything was. The shape of the larger story isn’t that crazy: the crazy is all in the presentation and characters, and in how the status quo shifts radically ever 2.5 episodes.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I AM GRANDO posted:

It seems pretty clear that almost everything was. The shape of the larger story isn’t that crazy: the crazy is all in the presentation and characters, and in how the status quo shifts radically ever 2.5 episodes.

Yeah I'm an optimist and believe there was a plan, and I'd like to see it. Just too often someone snarks and compares something with a long form ambition to "Lost", but doing that is cliché now.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I don’t think I’ve ever liked a comic continuation of a cancelled show.

They are all like, without exception, hideous.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I like reading the wikipedia synopsis for the Buffy Comics which kind of worked as unfilmed seasons. Would definitely read anything to conclude this incredible story. Feels like a quarter of a bible, we need the rest to know the final message.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This show died, but trash like Star Wars has another garbage looking mini-series coming out next month. :(

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

They could easily retcon Raised by Wolves as taking place in the Star Wars universe. It all takes place in one of those outer rim planets nobody gives a poo poo about, there done.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I normally stand with the atheists, but I'd support an atheist-solfool alliance if it meant taking a stand against The Force.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Star Wars has been ruined forever

it's best to stay way the gently caress away from that dead hooker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Yeah what the gently caress why rub my good stupid sci-fi against bad stupid scifantasy.