Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

https://i.imgur.com/ggsquBY.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

:psyduck:

How?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is an advertisement.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

If one of those things jumped the rails it would gently caress someone up good.

it appears to utilize the same effect that allows trains to go around bends without derailing

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

OwlFancier posted:

It is an advertisement.

I'll take my hat off - it's a good 'un.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
Is it though? It wasn't until it got pointed out to me that it was an ad that I even noticed the brand name and logo. 5 seconds later, I can't remember either.
If I do recall them from the ad, all I recall is "the embodiment of incompetence" style parking. And that is not exactly likely to get me to spend any money on whatever they are selling.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

SerthVarnee posted:

Is it though? It wasn't until it got pointed out to me that it was an ad that I even noticed the brand name and logo. 5 seconds later, I can't remember either.
If I do recall them from the ad, all I recall is "the embodiment of incompetence" style parking. And that is not exactly likely to get me to spend any money on whatever they are selling.

You're obviously not the target market for mass market mediocre beer in Sydney then.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

SerthVarnee posted:

"A furphy is Australian slang for an erroneous or improbable story that is claimed to be factual. Furphies are supposedly 'heard' from reputable sources, sometimes secondhand or thirdhand, and widely believed until discounted."

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
...I could have sworn the brand name said "curry" not "furphy".
And I completely blanked on registering the "crisps" part.

So yeah targeted advertising looks real weird when you aren't the target.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I say it is an advertisement because the most reasonable explanation for why it is there is that somebody put it there deliberately and the two main reasons for doing that would be committing art, or advertising, so I looked it up and it was reported in the news as an advert, which means that it is likely a successful advert because it got lots of coverage and also people are recording it on ticked tock, and posting it on the internet for free, owing to it giving the appearance of being an improbable happenstance to the comparatively uncyncial observer.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/AkxSKZj.mp4

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Dang, she took that thing on with her bear hands

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Just noticed the cubs scooting out of frame. :stonk:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Robobot posted:

Just noticed the cubs scooting out of frame. :stonk:

Yeah I'm glad things resolved peacefully for all parties cause that coulda got really bad

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Two badass ladies defending their families.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I'm amazed a giant bear somehow was able to balance on that narrow wall on three large paws while also striking at the dogs

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah I'm glad things resolved peacefully for all parties cause that coulda got really bad

Ditto

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/k3fbOGR.mp4

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Darth TNT posted:

I'm amazed a giant bear somehow was able to balance on that narrow wall on three large paws while also striking at the dogs

Friend. That's a small bear. The big ones could eat wolves. Wolves are bigger than people.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

It’s also a 17 year old who is the pusher and she rules.

quote:

Morinico said she was protecting her "children." She added that she lives in the mountains, where bear sightings are common.

She said she ran outside after hearing her dogs barking and at first thought the bear was a "funny-looking dog." When she noticed it was a bear, she sprinted toward the animals.

"I go up to the bear, I look it in the eyes and the first thing I think to do is push it," the woman said in the video.

Morinico herself urged people to not follow her lead.

“Do not push bears,” Hailey told KTLA 5.

“Do not push bears” says local woman who pushed bear.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Ror posted:

It’s also a 17 year old who is the pusher and she rules.

“Do not push bears” says local woman disney princess who pushed bear.

but do try to be as brave as her when the moment comes. Just, not around the biggest bears

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Give me a lever long enough and I will move the largest bear.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Fight or flight when fighting a bear usually goes the other way.

I guess the mama bear did not feel like she/her cubs were backed into a corner.

On the other hand cats fight off bears too so idk.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Cats are armed. They’re kinda like the wasps of the mammal world.

I got the impression that the family was on an outing; the first dog harshed Mom’s mellow; the second dog kinda gave her pause; then the bald, screaming ape completely discombobulated her.

Without cubs she probably would’ve taken off just to get away from the tiny yipping thing.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Mama Bear might've realized she was intruding on another animal's turf and was working on a fighting retreat anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI6QWj0yeXk

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Friend. That's a small bear. The big ones could eat wolves. Wolves are bigger than people.

That's a pretty normal sized black bear, which definitely do not eat wolves

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

ante posted:

That's a pretty normal sized black bear, which definitely do not eat wolves

And wolves are also not bigger than people. Literally nothing in that post was correct aside from them correctly identifying a bear.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
poo poo, now I'm questioning if that really is a bear

Maybe it's a weird dog

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
The bear was just a furry really getting into it

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
This explains the bear market I keep hearing about lately.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

bike tory posted:

And wolves are also not bigger than people. Literally nothing in that post was correct aside from them correctly identifying a bear.

Bears, as in the genus ursus, and eat as in a polar bear is large enough they could if they wanted, and you need to see a wolf up close sometime if a picture on the internet isn't doing it for you.

Ok, so polar bears and wolves aren't a thing were you're from. Both have been for me at different points in different places, sorry for not posting about your life black bear knower

E. I'm giving up this argument, I let it get really stupid from the first post going. My bad

ThisIsJohnWayne has a new favorite as of 10:12 on Jun 17, 2022

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Bottom line is, the very biggest specimens of wolf can be bigger than some smaller humans, but on average, no, wolves are not bigger than humans.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

SerthVarnee posted:

...I could have sworn the brand name said "curry" not "furphy".
And I completely blanked on registering the "crisps" part.

So yeah targeted advertising looks real weird when you aren't the target.

Regardless of target, its still the English language.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Nordick posted:

Bottom line is, the very biggest specimens of wolf can be bigger than some smaller humans, but on average, no, wolves are not bigger than humans.

Could a small human ride a wolf as a steed?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

SuddenCactus posted:

Could a small human ride a wolf as a steed?

A very tiny human could ride a wolf which in turn could be on the back of a very large bear

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Wolves top out at 145 lb, and, you know, aren't domesticated and bred to carry snacks on their back.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

well not with that attitude

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Got to give props to those dogs for doing their jobs protecting the pack from a predator.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://i.imgur.com/Eg2E4aU.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

fresh off the gif presses. good for posting when laughing at vinyl nerds.