Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Justin Godscock posted:

Here's a video where some of them are discussed, not the list but an entertaining watch while we're on the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7WTm-6JSds

The best is Hogan saying he worked 400 days in a year because of the number of times he travelled over the International Date Line.

As much as I hate Cornette, this is the kind of stuff I don't mind coming from him. Just burying the gently caress out of lovely old school scumbag wrestlers and calling them out on their lies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
vince will outlive everyone in this thread

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Regrettable posted:

His mom just died in January at the age of 101. He still has another 25 years to catch up to her.

Also he'll have at least 4 years as President of the United States.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Will Vince outlive the queen

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

BiggerBoat posted:

Also he'll have at least 4 years as President of the United States.

I seriously doubt the people of the united states would elect an elderly dementia-addled tv star with glaringly bad plastic surgery, a juvenile sense of humor, and weird daddy issues that he acts out in public.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

He has blood tubes feeding him from Gerald Brisco strapped Fury Road style above his bed.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I seriously doubt the people of the united states would elect an elderly dementia-addled tv star with glaringly bad plastic surgery, a juvenile sense of humor, and weird daddy issues that he acts out in public.

And certainly not one that's clearly sexually attracted to his own daughter (that he's currently on the outs with)!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Jeff Hardy got popped for DUI again

https://volusiamug.vcgov.org/Details.aspx?InmateRID=543747

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

*spits out coffee*

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

He just. Looks. So. Old.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

He just. Looks. So. Old.

this guy 100% needs to be back flipping off 12ft ladders

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Oh poo poo, his middle name is Nero. The Broken Matt Hardy bit just keeps getting loving better.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
My friend's father loved wrassling. I asked his son to tin foil me a bracket for a remote control brace. He did it one better times 3.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Here's a hell of a hell gimmick, what if you became Herman Goering?

"Man Mountain Dean was a professional wrestler and film actor who taught hand-to-hand combat and role-played as Hermann Göring for military intelligence personnel at Camp Ritchie, Maryland during World War II.
Dean’s real name was Frank Leavitt. Born in the early 1890s, he enlisted in the US Army and served with General Black Jack Pershing on the Mexican border, and later fought in France during the First World War. Afterwards, he began wrestling and acting in Hollywood films. Besides Man Mountain Dean, he also wrestled under the names Soldier Leavitt and Hell’s Kitchen Hillbilly.
At six feet tall and over 300lbs he was one of the largest men around in that era. He was also incredibly strong, and once straightened an iron horseshoe with his bare hands to win a $10 bet. He wrestled in thousands of matches over the years, and by the late 1930s when he retired, he was earning as much as $1,500 per night – more than a year’s wages for many families at the time. His wife and manager, Dorris Dean, sometimes joined him in the ring to swing a chair at his opponents if they had the advantage.
By the time of the attack on Pearl Harbor in December 1941, Leavitt was already in his early 50s. But he immediately reenlisted for the coming fight. His unusual life experience was taken into account, and he was assigned as an instructor at Camp Ritchie, Maryland, where more than 12,000 military intelligence personnel would be trained over the coming years.
Here, Leavitt excelled. His theatrical skills were put to work as a role player in various exercises. He taught hand-to-hand combat skills as well and easily bested the few intelligence men willing to go one-on-one with him. Although the so-called “Ritchie Boys” would go on to make tremendous contributions to the war effort, they were primarily intellectuals who didn’t stand a chance against Man Mountain Dean. Nevertheless, they benefited from the training he gave them, including how to approach and kill a man with a stiletto to the neck from behind.
After the war’s conclusion, Leavitt left the Army as a Master Sergeant and retired to a farm in Georgia, where he passed away from a heart attack a few years later."

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

A decade ago John Goodman could have played him in a movie. Not sure who could pull it off now.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

While the quality of their shows are still really good, AEW's having a rough month or so.

- Their last PPV was excruciatingly long. AEW PPVs are always long, but this one had the Owen Hart Cup tournament finals and that involved Martha Hart doing a speech. Tony Khan wanted to make sure she had as long as she needed, so he bought an extra hour of show, adding a couple more matches to help fill that hour. Unlike WWE, AEW doesn't really toss out a handful of quick sprints no matter how bloated the show is. The shortest match on the main show was over 7 minutes.

- The post-show media scrum was several hours of Tony Khan ranting and raving about who knows what while everyone else gradually left and went to sleep.

- At the PPV, CM Punk won the AEW championship. Several days later, he came out to announce that he broke his foot and will need surgery. Everything with this was handled in the most confusing way possible as Punk claimed he wanted to relinquish the title, but Tony said not to. Then as the segment went to commercial, Chris Jericho on commentary quickly said that he was relinquishing it. Then later in the show, they were trying to explain how there would be an interim AEW champion that would be crowned via a battle royal, a match with Jon Moxley, and the upcoming NJPW crossover PPV, but the commentators kept getting distracted by the match going on and left everyone confused.

- AEW and NJPW have a crossover PPV coming up in less than two weeks. As it is, we only know two matches (one of which isn't fully sketched out). Originally, CM Punk vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi was going to be the big match, but, again, injury. AEW is now filled with injuries, which is hurting some potential big matches on the card. Also, top names like Andrade El Idolo and the Lucha Bros. aren't even allowed to be on the show due to the lucha promotion they're also signed with. This is an extra pain for Andrade as they were building towards his alliance with one NJPW wrestler.

- Months back, AEW signed Jake Atlas, a wrestler who didn't get to do enough on the WWE roster. His knee got messed up during his first match and he's been off TV since. Then he recently got arrested for beating his partner. It's especially messed up because by reporting the victim's name, the media was outing an NXT wrestler against his will. Anyway, AEW has been completely quiet about this, which has frustrated some.

- All that Jeff Hardy poo poo.

Oh, and there's some friction in the women's division because champion Thunder Rosa took a suplex badly and Britt Baker is calling her out for sandbagging her opponents and being hard to work with.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Having a lot of top people out on injuries shouldn't be a problem, because the roster is already packed with people who could be stars with a little push. Tony has a problem, though, with pushing talent that's not one of his favorites.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Gavok posted:

- Months back, AEW signed Jake Atlas, a wrestler who didn't get to do enough on the WWE roster. His knee got messed up during his first match and he's been off TV since. Then he recently got arrested for beating his partner. It's especially messed up because by reporting the victim's name, the media was outing an NXT wrestler against his will. Anyway, AEW has been completely quiet about this, which has frustrated some.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/jake-atlas-isn-t-expected-back-aew-was-appearance-deal

Apparently Atlas was never actually signed and was just on a per appearance deal. It's weird, because I remember him getting the JAKE ATLAS IS ALL ELITE graphic, but it's whatever. He's not coming back.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Well, Vince stuff got interesting today.

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1537166111770398721

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Gavok posted:

Well, Vince stuff got interesting today.

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1537166111770398721

Surely THIS will be the end of Vince McMahon.

(Narrator: It was not.)

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Nick Khan about to make his move

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

TheSwizzler posted:

Nick Khan about to make his move

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was indeed the case

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
would like to read more than a paragraph and a half about what's happening without giving WSJ my money
quite a conundrum

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
GBS > vince mcmahon is old and FUCKS

Cubone
May 26, 2011

hm

quote:

The agreement, which was struck in January, is intended to prevent the woman, who had worked as a paralegal for the company, from discussing her relationship with McMahon or making critical statements about the chief executive, the Journal added.

A WWE spokesman told the newspaper that the company is cooperating with the board’s investigation and that the relationship between McMahon and the woman was consensual.

quote:

The report said the board’s investigation, which started in April, also revealed nondisclosure pacts related to misconduct claims from other women who had worked at WWE. These agreements involved McMahon and WWE talent executive John Laurinaitis, who wrestled under the name Johnny Ace, the Journal added.

WWE didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment from CNBC.

The board retained Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP, a New York-based law firm, to conduct the investigation, a source told the Journal. The firm didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment from CNBC.

McMahon’s lawyer, Jerry McDevitt, was not immediately available for comment. McDevitt told the Journal that the former employee didn’t make any harassment claims against McMahon. He also said that WWE didn’t pay her any money, the paper said.

quote:

The company is publicly traded, but McMahon owns the majority of WWE’s voting shares.
ianal but my guess is nothing happens

also, john laurinaitis, hah. gross

unrelated, it's wild that a news site can just write an article that's about what another news site is reporting behind a paywall

Cubone fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 15, 2022

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
food

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Don't doxx me

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Interesting. When I heard that Vince was having an affair, I just assumed that the other woman would turn out to be a giant humanoid turkey or a giant hand or something.

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Interesting. When I heard that Vince was having an affair, I just assumed that the other woman would turn out to be a giant humanoid turkey or a giant hand or something.

I've yet to see these be disproven

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

im saint germain posted:

I've yet to see these be disproven

It's best to assume that is the truth until evidence to the contrary arises

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Elephant Ambush posted:

As much as I hate Cornette, this is the kind of stuff I don't mind coming from him. Just burying the gently caress out of lovely old school scumbag wrestlers and calling them out on their lies

As much as Jim Cornette is irritating as a human being he's a walking repository of wrestling lore so I still find myself listening to him because nobody else can articulate and remember those stories without embellishing on them like he can

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GTzHd1h47o

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/Machobeard4life/status/1537755778014232576?s=20&t=aqyBvbyJkrpccN5gRgY59Q

(He's still going to be there, running creative)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

quote:

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- WWE and its Board of Directors jointly released the following statement today:

Independent directors continue review of alleged executive misconduct

Stephanie McMahon named interim CEO and interim Chairwoman

Stamford, Conn. – WWE (NYSE: WWE) and the Board of Directors today announced that a Special Committee of the Board is conducting an investigation into alleged misconduct by its Chairman and CEO Vincent McMahon and John Laurinaitis, head of talent relations, and that, effective immediately, McMahon has voluntarily stepped back from his responsibilities as CEO and Chairman of the Board until the conclusion of the investigation. McMahon will retain his role and responsibilities related to WWE’s creative content during this period and remains committed to cooperating with the review underway.

The Special Committee has appointed Stephanie McMahon to serve as interim CEO and interim Chairwoman.

“I have pledged my complete cooperation to the investigation by the Special Committee, and I will do everything possible to support the investigation. I have also pledged to accept the findings and outcome of the investigation, whatever they are,” said Mr. McMahon.

“I love this company and am committed to working with the Independent Directors to strengthen our culture and our Company; it is extremely important to me that we have a safe and collaborative workplace. I have committed to doing everything in my power to help the Special Committee complete its work, including marshaling the cooperation of the entire company to assist in the completion of the investigation and to implement its findings,” said Ms. McMahon.

WWE and its Board of Directors take all allegations of misconduct very seriously. The Independent Directors of the Board engaged independent legal counsel to assist them with an independent review. In addition, the Special Committee and WWE will work with an independent third-party to conduct a comprehensive review of the company’s compliance program, HR function and overall culture.

The Company and the Board do not expect to have further comment until the investigation is concluded.
https://corporate.wwe.com/investors/news/press-releases/2022/06-17-2022-120023255

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

glad to see the latest effort post is playing out in real time for the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Siobhan McMahon