Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I'm gonna subscribe to the patron and have the most insane 80 character name. Addressing all my enemies, thats you johnny!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
a glorious return to form for the san diego steamroller this WOR

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

San Jose!

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Was just about to post, today’s episode is a banner pod for those of us who love all of Dave and Bryan’s quirks.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

yea thats the one

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
"And holy smoke the Young Bucks had a match with Penta and Fenix a week ago. And they had this match here on this show. That's like two of their greatest television matches in a week!"

"well...it's.....uhmmmm... It was the 3rd and... So it was twelve days actually"

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
That "two more" stuff works on Granny, it does not work on Dave.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

LionYeti posted:

I somehow someway dodged it for the whole week I was in Vegas. I did have an N95 on for a majority of both Dynamite and DON though.

drat almost like masks work

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Digital Jedi posted:

"And holy smoke the Young Bucks had a match with Penta and Fenix a week ago. And they had this match here on this show. That's like two of their greatest television matches in a week!"

"well...it's.....uhmmmm... It was the 3rd and... So it was twelve days actually"

lol god drat

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

El Generico posted:

That "two more" stuff works on Granny, it does not work on Dave.

Love that Bryan finally put his foot down when Dave started contemplating how to answer a question about how a very specific-to-today situation might end up affecting presentation on television a year from now :allears:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Love that Bryan finally put his foot down when Dave started contemplating how to answer a question about how a very specific-to-today situation might end up affecting presentation on television a year from now :allears:

Love that Dave still got one more question in after this as well :allears:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lol Dave

“Minoru Suzuki is, y’know, an incredible performer for his age, y’know”

*immediately realises what he just said about a stone cold rear end kicking machine*

“An-any age”

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I love the way Dave phrased the Rita Chatterton thing as “she and Vince had a sexual relationship in the back of a limo”.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

did you like the way he said it may or may not have been consensual in the very next sentence

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dave not trying to get bodyslammed.netted out here

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Quantum of Phallus posted:

did you like the way he said it may or may not have been consensual in the very next sentence

I just found the phrasing of it odd.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

“Investigators have learned in recent days of other NDAs involving McMahon and Laurinitis, WSJ couldn’t confirm how many agreements were under investigation-“

“Multiple”

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Not specifically podcast, but F4W related: Denise Salcedo's news rundown videos sounds like she's a text-to-speech voice and it's weird. It's weird!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TL posted:

I just found the phrasing of it odd.

Welcome to Dave Meltzer

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

neoaxd posted:

Not specifically podcast, but F4W related: Denise Salcedo's news rundown videos sounds like she's a text-to-speech voice and it's weird. It's weird!
It’s a twitch voice.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

0konner posted:

It’s a twitch voice.

I always think of Entertainment Tonight.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

El Generico posted:

I always think of Entertainment Tonight.

Yeah it’s a blandly enthusiastic voice that you see in pop media aimed at rubes. Made money for ET and I presume does so for Salcedo.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

0konner posted:

Yeah it’s a blandly enthusiastic voice that you see in pop media aimed at rubes. Made money for ET and I presume does so for Salcedo.

I think it's more grating because it's the first time I've heard that type of voice infect wrestling media. And it sounds even faker because wrestling media tends to gravitate to grumpy and cynical not a "Unboxing My New Disney Funko, you guys!" tone.

Also, just listened to the latest WOR and lol'd when someone asked if Saudi Arabia might use the moral clause to get out of their deal with WWE.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I’m sure Salcedo is a wonderful person and all but I can’t listen to her for more than 10 seconds. Her voice and delivery are unbelievably annoying to me. ”Blandly enthusiastic pop media voice” is right, she sounds like she isn’t saying anything even though she is in fact talking about the news or whatever

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 17, 2022

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

a cyborg mug posted:

I’m sure Salcedo is a wonderful person and all but

Bryan account spotted.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

local seltzerheads hear a woman talk, predictable outcomes follow

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

projecthalaxy posted:

CAN'T STAND ALL THESE :females: WITH THEIR up talk valley girl vocal fry *checks notes* BLANDLY ENTHUSIASTIC VOICES!!!

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
She doesn’t do uptalk or vocal fry, though? She speaks in the native idiom of YouTube and streaming which is as specific as the non-regional diction news anchors have to learn. It’s for the generation that came after me, I don’t really care for it, it is probably very successful. The reason all these people, male and female, speak like that online is because it is successful with viewers and therefore rewarded by the algorithm

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

King Bahamut posted:

She doesn’t do uptalk or vocal fry, though? She speaks in the native idiom of YouTube and streaming which is as specific as the non-regional diction news anchors have to learn. It’s for the generation that came after me, I don’t really care for it, it is probably very successful. The reason all these people, male and female, speak like that online is because it is successful with viewers and therefore rewarded by the algorithm

I listed other types of speaking cadences that people have recently trashed women for using, because some people just looooove trashing women for anything and everything they do, despite that just being how (young) people talk. Usually it's women leading the charge on changes in language so the KIDS THESE DAYS crew focus on them because that's where they first see it.

Here's a good podcast episode that addresses this

https://slate.com/podcasts/lexicon-valley/2020/03/vocal-frywomen-language

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

What are you talking about

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

every new post i read about this is the stupidest post i have read about this

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

I specifically mentionned her news rundown videos, she doesn't sound like that all the time! It's why I mentionned it as standing out!

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Lone Goat posted:

CAN'T STAND ALL THESE :females: WITH THEIR up talk valley girl vocal fry *checks notes* BLANDLY ENTHUSIASTIC VOICES!!!

lmfao

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bryan admitted he knew they were eventually going to do an injury spot with Toni's running rear end smash. What a worker!

e: also, Jonathon is like having the AEW thread on Tuesdays on the B&V show

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jun 17, 2022

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Dango Bango posted:

poster child for WWE Brain

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

thought he was fine

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

If Craig ever retires they got his replacement lined up already.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1537857625173291008?s=20&t=5fwaK-G-TCEebvCBMYiz2g

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

He will not be on -at-5 no hour of cnn is going to open with the Vince story but I will be watching that show for sure.

Edit: I guess it is the second hour of tapper’s show so maybe but we’ll see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They’ll clear the schedule and just let him go

Ratings gold