Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Stultus Maximus posted:

I just don't understand "free speech absolutism."

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1537706637573619717

Free Speech only applies to the rich, Elon knows this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Zamujasa posted:

not that kind

Besides "everything is culture war", the other guiding operating principle to oligarchic douchebaggery right now at the governmental and private level is "not that kind".

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
https://twitter.com/jason_koebler/status/1537835917452247041

if they want embarrassing they could just look in a mirror

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
They definitely shot a kid, they just don't want to pay out the lawsuit when it's exposed.

They don't want to cut anyone in on the 40% of the towns' tax dollars they pull.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

They definitely shot a kid, they just don't want to pay out the lawsuit when it's exposed.

They don't want to cut anyone in on the 40% of the towns' tax dollars they pull.

Give them a few days, the area is ripe for a fentanyl overdosing.

https://twitter.com/angiericono/status/1537469328446169089

https://twitter.com/RyanMarino/status/1537578083317850116?t=4qSpM3QizzWjHPu0j5HviQ&s=19

quote:

Training kicked in. Grasela grabbed his Narcan and delivered a powerful dose of the nasal spray which works to counteract opioids like Fentanyl. Additional officers poured into the scene and passed their Narcan to the Captain, too. The first few doses didn’t seem to help. Grasela switched nostrils and eventually delivered a total of five doses to Officer Thompson who confirms he felt like he was dying.

quote:

EDITOR’S NOTE: KCTV5 has received responses questioning this medical event and potential exposure.

The officer’s medical records show he was treated for fentanyl exposure. There’s no mention of a panic attack.

The KCKPD tells us they trust the doctors who treated the officer and they are proud of the medical response.

As part of our reporting, we reached out the DEA who told us, “the potential exposure of our agents and task force officers to illicit fentanyl puts their safety and health on the line. Our agents carry Narcan with them and use PPE when handling suspected fentanyl. Suspected fentanyl is bagged as evidence with minimal handling and shipped to a DEA lab for evaluation.”

Even when told "your story is bullshit and the police are lying to you" they go back to DIFFERENT cops to verify the story.

In closing,

https://twitter.com/crackratArt/status/1537635503830441986?t=iyFpYlnlGyiaAEeGBvlOnA&s=19

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So is fentanyl actually dangerous at all for incidental human skin contact? Like I know clearly stuff like this, court reporter, and other cops jaming narcan.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

At this point i almost think the cops shot everyone jesus christ how badly did they light up a kid

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stravag posted:

At this point i almost think the cops shot everyone jesus christ how badly did they light up a kid

Closed casket bad probably. Worse possibly even multiple.

That said we all assume this was Uvdale only and not Bortac?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

CommieGIR posted:

loving finally. Been paranoid about our 3 year old.

My 2 year old has been dodging COVID like Neo in the Matrix. My wife and eldest kid got it (all vaxxed and my wife was boosted). I didn't (but I'm fully vaxxed/boosted) and his had his daycare shut down at least twice with patient zero being people he had daily interaction with (one adult provider and one kid).

Makes me wonder if his 3 week NICU visit for RSV back in late December 2020 wasn't actually for RSV.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jun 17, 2022

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Marshal Prolapse posted:

So is fentanyl actually dangerous at all for incidental human skin contact? Like I know clearly stuff like this, court reporter, and other cops jaming narcan.

Generally, no.

https://www.statnews.com/2017/08/09/fentanyl-falling-ill/

Cops are worse than soccer players at faking injuries.

E:

quote:

In several incidents, officers have reportedly fallen ill after a powdered form of fentanyl came in contact with their skin or clothing.

Although ingesting a pinch of fentanyl powder can be fatal, several toxicologists said contact with intact skin is extremely unlikely to cause opioid toxicity, which can occur only if the substance enters the bloodstream.

“If you have fentanyl powder on your hand for five or 10 minutes, it’s inconceivable that that would be sufficient to cause you to have an overdose,” said Dr. David Juurlink, a toxicologist at the University of Toronto.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jun 17, 2022

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Generally, no.

https://www.statnews.com/2017/08/09/fentanyl-falling-ill/

Cops are worse than soccer players at faking injuries.

E:

That two-button meme where one button says "Cops are melodramatic wimps doing a Havana syndrome speedrun" and the other says "Cops will cheerfully get fent on their hands and then pick their nose/wipe their eyes/touch their face without washing"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You can still have problems if it contacts broken skin or an open wound, but it's not going to do poo poo just from spilling a baggie on your arm or clothing. It's not anthrax.

Cops are the real "crisis actors."

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
well they sure don't act during a crisis :dadjoke:

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

Stravag posted:

Yeah, given how completely they are stonewalling, I am wondering if it’s more of a matter of the number of kids they shot, not just one.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Zamujasa posted:

well they sure don't act during a crisis :dadjoke:

Sure they do. They act important.

They aren't, but boy do they sure act like it.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Stravag posted:

They probably worship navy SEALs so I bet they canoe’d a half dozen kids. One guy probably is on video holding up a dead kid by his hair like it was a deer. He probably texted his buddies in Dallas about how he “Got this one with my knife” Eddie Gallagher style, too.

Honestly the only way I can make the reality of this not crack ping my last sane neurons is to just lean into the universe and expect the absolute worst case, so the actual terrible case doesn’t make me want to walk into traffic.

They definitely shot at least 1 kid though.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
But...like...even if they did shoot a kid, since when did that mean poo poo to cops? They've been blasting kids and yelling "It's coming right for us!" for decades now. They absolutely know the script for responding to the news segments and PR problems, and haven't cared about legal or moral ramifications of the act longer than I've been alive. Why are they covering this one up, and looking guilty as gently caress doing it, instead of just running the script?

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Whatever it is that they are hiding, it must be pretty bad. Like, burn down the town and round up the cops bad.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ASAPI posted:

Whatever it is that they are hiding, it must be pretty bad. Like, burn down the town and round up the cops bad.

I wonder if it's also the BORTAC guys screaming and cursing them out and calling them cowards. I haven't heard reports of that per se, but I do seem to recall the BORTAC guys were very pissed.

Also FWIW when I was dumping an old gun (NFA, engraved, PITA to sell) to my local PD, they said among themselves they were calling it a debacle and counter to everything protocol dictates.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Do you not have a gun shop locally that will sell on consignment? They do the paperwork and take a cut, you just wait for the phone call.

I would love to hear the audio of border reaming the locals, but we're never going to get it. Even if they release footage, that specific tape is going in a vault somewhere.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Do you not have a gun shop locally that will sell on consignment? They do the paperwork and take a cut, you just wait for the phone call.

I would love to hear the audio of border reaming the locals, but we're never going to get it. Even if they release footage, that specific tape is going in a vault somewhere.

I just wanted to get rid of it as it was only a lower (sold the upper) and just wanted it gone, plus (even sending in the (email) letter) even having it removed from the NFA, still means my full name and city is engraved on it. That hadn't bugged me in the past (and also it was an older location), but I just don't want anything with my name on it circulating anymore. I still have to get rid of like 100 rounds of 9mm and just a bunch of random accessories. Like even stuff like car safes.

I know I was super pissed about guns (and still am just not as vocally), but it was never meant to be an attack on anyone here. I realized after a person pointed out that they noticed the event clearly hit a nerve with me, and I may have just been pissed at everyone, even those who were not being shitheads, but noticed after a few days I was less angry.

I would also love to hear that audio if it exists, I have to imagine BORTAC guys were loving pissed and more heated then a promethium bath with Custodes.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Good on you for just getting rid of it. Can't say I want my name on anything floating around out there either.

I've haven't really been a fan of AR poo poo since I was still in, I just don't have a desire to play the "clone what I carried" game (that'd be a saw, anyhow) and never saw reason personally to get into them. My revolver and bolt action, I feel like they're fine.

My poly80 pistol is probably going to get cut down. I'm not particularly comfortable with having it, let alone transporting it anywhere to shoot.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
HI MURPH!

https://twitter.com/azalben/status/1537872471579410434

https://twitter.com/azalben/status/1537874370550546434

fake edit: wait poo poo sorry, thought this was the dog thread

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Landfill camouflage.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I have genuine question that sounds like bait-

What made you guys give up guns? If you don't mind sharing. I get if it is for personal/immediate family safety (mental health, small kids, etc), but I'm just curious if there are other reasons, because if the last 5 years taught me anything, it's that the left needs to get over their feeling of ickyness about guns. Im genuinely curious to see the thought process, because my brain track the idea.

I also know I am more pro-gun than many on here, so I was curious to the thought process.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bulletsponge13 posted:

I have genuine question that sounds like bait-

What made you guys give up guns? If you don't mind sharing. I get if it is for personal/immediate family safety (mental health, small kids, etc), but I'm just curious if there are other reasons, because if the last 5 years taught me anything, it's that the left needs to get over their feeling of ickyness about guns. Im genuinely curious to see the thought process, because my brain track the idea.

I also know I am more pro-gun than many on here, so I was curious to the thought process.

Some of my reasons (in no particular order)
1. My daughter is 10 years old and in 4th grade. It's been gut wrenching to see kids, no different from her in anyway, get murdered by a loser, who got to do it because the cops are cowards. Like what the gently caress. Seeing those coffins just broke my loving heart, you'll never forget them.
2. I had sold some earlier as hobby wise I've been moving over to 40K and now 3D printing, and I've found model building, painting (which I had no clue I could do), and 3D printing to be just so rewarding.
3. None of my kids expressed any interest in firearms. I might still go shoot with my dad, who ironically got into guns because of me lol. I also want to be able to have more hobbies I can share with my kids.
4. Even though I still think guns are cool and know actual good gun owners, the community at large loving sucks and is getting more and more crazy. That said I did sell a bunch of ammo to a Bernie/Dem, which may have been a first. Like I'll still watch Forgotten Weapons and if given a chance to shoot an MP5 or SAW I happily will, but I'm fine with it being at a range (even if the price sucks) or via collectors.
5. Regulatory dead wait (pain if I move, will stuff, can't get weed card, already let my Carry expire and thus traveling with stuff because a PITA).
6. Also I couldn't deal the fact that the main pro gun arguments, I felt, deep in my heart, weren't true. I was helping to hold water, for things I didn't believe and by people who were 1/6 poster childs.
7. While understanding that people do have legitimate reasons to own a firearm, as my wife once said, "Self-Defense and the Constitution are like number at on your gun ownership reasons, while number one is 1980s Action movies," not so much for me.
8. I also think it was part of an odd phase of my life (first kid was on the way, long commute, etc)
9. I'd rarely go most of time, so I never had the time to train, or have recreational fun.
10. I think I honestly just liked holding guns and dry firing the most, which means I'd probably be happy with an airsoft or non gun prop.

Some fruits of the new hobbies.

I will admit this was cool as hell to look at and dry fire.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jun 18, 2022

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
The New Yorker legit wrote an article about our favorite twitter account dril

The Cracked Wisdom of Dril
https://www.newyorker.com/culture/rabbit-holes/the-cracked-wisdom-of-dril

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
speak for yourself, mine is @bonerbros (hell yeah)

I am assuming that's real but I'm not checking

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/MemeIndustrial/status/1537613096646107136?s=20&t=0HjJLgfxPN7WGNXKHwBdhg

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Some of my reasons (in no particular order)
1. My daughter is 10 years old and in 4th grade. It's been gut wrenching to see kids, no different from her in anyway, get murdered by a loser, who got to do it because the cops are cowards. Like what the gently caress. Seeing those coffins just broke my loving heart, you'll never forget them.
2. I had sold some earlier as hobby wise I've been transaction over to 40K and now 3D printing, and I've found model building, painting (which I had no clue I could do), and 3D printing to be just so rewarding.
3. None of my kids expressed any interest in firearms. I might still go shoot with my dad, who ironically got into guns because of me lol. I also want to be able to have more hobbies I can share with my kids.
4. Even though I still think guns are cool and know actual good gun owners, the community at large loving sucks and is getting more and more crazy. That said I did sell a bunch of ammo to a Bernie/Dem, which may have been a first. Like I'll still watch Forgotten Weapons and if given a chance to shoot an MP5 or SAW I happily will, but I'm fine with it being at a range (even if the price sucks) or via collectors
5. Regulatory dead wait (pain if I move, will stuff, can't get weed card, already let my Carry expire and thus traveling with stuff because a PITA).
6. Also I couldn't deal the fact that the main pro gun arguments, I felt, deep in my heart, weren't true. I was helping to hold water, for things I didn't believe and by people who were 1/6 poster childs.
7. While understanding that people do have legitimate reasons to own a firearm, as my wife once said, "Self-Defense and the Constitution are like number at on your gun ownership reasons, while number is 1980s Action movies," not so much for me.
8. I also think it was part of an odd phase of my life (first kid was on the way, long commute, etc)
9. I'd rarely go most of time, so I never had the time to train, or have recreational fun.
10. I think I honestly just liked holding guns and dry firing the most, which means I'd probably be happy with an airsoft or non gun prop.

Some fruits of the new hobbies.

I will admit this was cool as hell to look at and dry fire.

Thank you. I meant it for the room in general, and I really appreciate your thoughtful answers.
And we have some overlap in hobbies. Lol.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Suicide Watch posted:

Lol DigimonOtis got mentioned in the New Yorker

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Suicide Watch posted:

lol

"Dril makes for an unlikely self-help guru. Though his character has been traced back to Something Awful, a humor forum popular in the two-thousands, [...]"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bulletsponge13 posted:

Thank you. I meant it for the room in general, and I really appreciate your thoughtful answers.
And we have some overlap in hobbies. Lol.

I'm not planning to really give anything up, aside from chopping down the poly frame, and I can pretty much just toss that in a dumpster after or save the cut up pieces for a turn in event for a gas card or something, probably break even. I don't have anything like an AR, and the last thing I did have in that category (ban era mini-14), I sold in 2006.

I'm letting my weed card expire so I can replace my lovely Rossi/Taurus revolver with a S&W .357, thinking about a .22, probably a lever action if I can find one cheap enough that isn't a Henry. Otherwise I just have a Savage bolt action 6.5CM I'm hesitant to let go of, at some point I feel like a deer rifle will be a necessity. My gun count will be 3 by the end of the year.

I've just never really been a fan of ARs, AKs, etc. I don't care if they're banned (noticing a distinct lack of anything about ghost guns in the bill being talked about). No kids, no spouse, nieces and nephew are 1200 or more miles away, but I keep my guns in a big pelican case in a closet behind other poo poo (recently moved my revolver into it, it used to be near my chair). I can slap a lock on it if need be, but it's unlocked now. The cricket bat is my home defense weapon.

It's probably not ideal for me to own in the first place, with a persistent major depression diagnosis, but guns are specific tools to me and there are a million ways to go out that don't require lead and powder. Besides, crack/ping happened and my depression is focused more on popcorn and easy chairin' my way to the end, be it climate or nuclear apocalypse. The lolpocalype. I'm speed running COPD anyhow at a pack and a half a day.

I would like laws to be stricter, ghosts banned, ARs moved into NFA territory ala SBRs at a minimum, better background checks, close every loving loophole, purchase and possession tracking. loving Mexico has stricter gun laws than we do, even if they have equally piss poor enforcement.

Ideally, I would encounter hiccups if I went to a gun shop. That's what I hope for, but I know it won't be the reality.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
So it looks like Triumph the Insult Comic Dog (working for Stephen Colbert) got arrested at the House of Representatives.

https://twitter.com/mattwilstein/status/1537973727412908033

Naturally, the right-wing is all over the place demanding insurrection charges against Adam Schiff (for letting them in earlier or something as they were getting interviews prior to the J6 panel??) and everyone involved because it's absolutely and totally the same thing. Sounds like they just deliberately overstayed and tried to film poo poo at the offices of McCarthy and Boebert.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jun 18, 2022

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Lol trying to put charges on a puppet.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

"Listen punk, I wanna know who's got their hand up your rear end!"

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Re:. Florida chat. I miss Miami and its vibe. I miss the Cubans, Colombians, and the Caribbean and Latin flavor. I hate the weather, but I spent 20 years of my life in South Florida. I wish it wasn't such a garbage state now.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

:toot:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Pretty awesome that Wall Street decided that bitcoin is a real thing so this bullshit is pulling down all our 401(k)/403(b) with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

Pretty awesome that Wall Street decided that bitcoin is a real thing so this bullshit is pulling down all our 401(k)/403(b) with it.

If my mutual funds have put a single penny into crypto I'm looking forward to the lawsuits.