Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

gorou on the kuki banner is perfect, I missed him last time so may as well roll for both of the 4* I don't have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

If there were a way to guarantee a roll by like, putting in 40$ instead of leaving it up to chance, I would recommend it! I have all three of those, Noelle, Itto, and his great sword and I'm quite happy with it!

You're almost guaranteed a 5 star if you put in $200. They don't promise you poo poo in terms of 4 stars, though.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Yeah, I'm worried the gatcha gods will just laugh at me and give me nothing but Chongyun

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

RareAcumen posted:

If there were a way to guarantee a roll by like, putting in 40$ instead of leaving it up to chance, I would recommend it! I have all three of those, Noelle, Itto, and his great sword and I'm quite happy with it!

The current price for a specific on-banner 5* is (a maximum of) USD $444, assuming the mark buys in $100 chunks. Mihoyo would never sell a character for just $40, 4* or not.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

ninjoatse.cx posted:

You're almost guaranteed a 5 star if you put in $200. They don't promise you poo poo in terms of 4 stars, though.

gently caress me, my math is wrong. That was if you had the top up bonus. Without it, it's more like $300+ for a good chance at getting it... but not a guarantee!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Without the first-time bonus, $100 gets you 8080 primogems or 50.5 rolls.
It takes 180 rolls to guarantee the on-banner 5 star character so that makes $400 :eyepop:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Without the first-time bonus, $100 gets you 8080 primogems or 50.5 rolls.
It takes 180 rolls to guarantee the on-banner 5 star character so that makes $400 :eyepop:

You’re pretty statistically unlikely to go 90 twice. I know its not guaranteed, but you’ll most likely get them in 150 + a bit of change.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well in that case may as well account for free primos and that you carry pity between banners

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You also massively reduce the cost if you welkin the full 3 weeks and do your dailies, not even counting events.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The best discount is to abandon all desire and trust that the rng gods know your true happiness.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

At this rate I'm more tempted to buy primos just to stamina refresh because I just want a goddamn Crit Damage hat for Xiao. :shepface:

I mean I should probably go get him ascended up past 60 and farm talent books and stuff as a more immediate concern but at this point I'm just stubborn.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

using literally any set cdmg hat should be fine but also yes dear god actually raise your characters so you can level their talents

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

At this rate I'm more tempted to buy primos just to stamina refresh because I just want a goddamn Crit Damage hat for Xiao. :shepface:

I mean I should probably go get him ascended up past 60 and farm talent books and stuff as a more immediate concern but at this point I'm just stubborn.

It's time to give up. Just cook Diluc's food and hope you get the special one that boosts crit damage while you work on fighting the Geovishap instead.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

It's time to give up. Just cook Diluc's food and hope you get the special one that boosts crit damage while you work on fighting the Geovishap instead.

Telling me to give up is just gonna make be dig in harder. :colbert:

I really probably should detour to get the essentials of levels and talent levels taken care of first though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Telling me to give up is just gonna make be dig in harder. :colbert:

I really probably should detour to get the essentials of levels and talent levels taken care of first though.

Genuinely, leave and come back to that infinite grind, you're gonna do great inexplicably.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Could be worse:

4/5 artifacts at 20; cr rolls: 1, maybe 2

maybe when I'm done killing snakes (just 7–10 more times!) I can go fish up better bits. Not sure if I should go for tom bits (to replace the unleveled cd hat she's got on), or just go for full emblem. More pf is probably more useful than shimenawa, I don't think I have anyone who could possibly want that besides hu tao and like hell am I intentionally replacing my sorta crap cw stuff after the decade it took to get those.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

That is the plus side at least, I've farmed out some decent artifacts besides the one piece that refuses to drop.

I'm just using an ATK% hat with whatever substats for right now.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

YoshiOfYellow posted:

That is the plus side at least, I've farmed out some decent artifacts besides the one piece that refuses to drop.

I'm just using an ATK% hat with whatever substats for right now.

I’ve got the same for Childe hat. I just can’t run BS domain anymore. Even running it for forever for Ayaka didn’t net me any go lets or headpieces worth a drat.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Edit: Newest drumalong thing was a little tougher than the previous ones. Only got like 4100 the first time and 4470 the second time (and kind of doubt I could consistently do much better than that).

It's a good rhythm game, at least on mobile. Feels intuitive and the controls go well with the music.

Hyper Inferno posted:

Yelan has appreciable energy recharge problems without something helping her, so it's all about finding a good balance on being able to ult on cooldown and being able to generate the energy to do so reliably.

This is probably the biggest impact her C1 has had - it just completely eliminates any energy problems. Her ult is usually up long before cooldown finishes, to the point where I'm debating replacing her ER% artifact with an HP% one (though it's a bit hard to figure out due to the artifact set giving a damage buff proportional to ER%).

It seems significantly better than it might appear on paper, since in practice she's usually regained both charges by the time you next use her skill (so it effectively almost doubles how often you use it). And the skill itself isn't too shabby; it hits for around 25-30k now with regular non-vape crits. Once I farm up enough of that newer artifact set to replace Shimenawa's (which basically prevents me from using Yoimiya's burst, or at least makes it hard), it might be easier to vape those skill hits for really big damage (I occasionally but inconsistently do it sometimes now, and one of her skill casts will hit for like ~60k). I'm not sure how Yoimiya's burst interacts with vaping; whether the damage from the water attack triggering it does the vape or the other way around.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jun 17, 2022

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13fviLTc0Aw

Don't think this got posted yet. She's definitely going to be 4 star Inazuma normal in terms of performance though I figure and not super meta. Also the internet can probably stop suggesting that every character that shows some skin is going to be altered somehow like I was hearing with Shinobu and her midriff. Just because Shenhe got tweaked because it didn't really make sense that her navel would be showing through her costume and the thing happened with the launch characters isn't much of a sign of a pattern.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Was planning on blowing some of my actual money on redhorn thresher but memory of dust is right there to gently caress me over.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Memory of Dust is one of those weapons that loves to bounce around in the weapon rankings due to circus tricks from the people doing the rankings.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

:letsgo: :letsgo: :letsgo:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

lul

and here I was kicking myself for thinking about going for her C1 the NEXT time she's on the banner.

You should stream/youtube your characters. You'd get alot of views

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

ninjoatse.cx posted:

lul

and here I was kicking myself for thinking about going for her C1 the NEXT time she's on the banner.

You should stream/youtube your characters. You'd get alot of views

24/7 C6 Klee stream

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

praying the heizou/kazuha banner rumor is real now that actual reliable sources are echoing it

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

I ran outta budget so I plan to C6 her next time around. Couldn't do her, Itto, and Kazuha back to back to back like that so I had to get choosey. :negative:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

It naturally rolled the shittiest substats in the world but I don't care I'm free. Thankfully I have a mystical on-set anemo goblet so I was able to take whatever Crit Damage hat I could find.

Lost some ER in the reshuffling of things but it's fine I don't even care anymore.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

There's a new easy-to-use hot and sexy Genshin artifact website out there now.

https://enka.shinshin.moe/

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Obviously still a WIP given level and talent ranks and poo poo but Artifact Hell has been defeated. I could get a better sands but I'm just so beyond done for now. Maybe I'll revisit later. Maybe.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Tragic Tao.

That is convenient, provided you've got a screenshot laying around with your uid, and you bothered to add things to your showcase.

e. also lol at the image source getting hosed if it's long

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

RareAcumen posted:

There's a new easy-to-use hot and sexy Genshin artifact website out there now.

https://enka.shinshin.moe/

Is it safe to use? I am hesitant to put my uid in anything

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I believe it's just pulling publicly available data given it requires you to add characters to your profile showcase and make the specific info viewable in order to generate anything.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

TV Zombie posted:

Is it safe to use? I am hesitant to put my uid in anything

I would hope that if your UID alone could be used for anything nefarious, it wouldn't be stamped on your screen at all times. All it's doing is reading your public profile, it actually doesn't work if you have your character details hidden. efb

Anyway here's the true geo archon.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

had a terrible idea and now im laughing so hard i think i might actually get sick at the fact it worked

for context, because childe's VA being insane on tiktok has not left my brain since i first saw this poo poo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw3ex4POxXY&t=119s

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Neat tool! And it helped me realize my Rust wasn't fully refined even though I had the extras. Maybe that'll give me the push to 3* Kenki in time with a freeze team without ascending. Maybe I should R5 my Serpent Spine too, lol.

Side note, I finally started playing Horizon Zero Dawn, and it's :perfect: that Rust is Aloy's best bow.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Wow, this is pretty neat! So much easier to get an overview of your characters' stats than going through them one by one in-game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shere posted:

I would hope that if your UID alone could be used for anything nefarious, it wouldn't be stamped on your screen at all times. All it's doing is reading your public profile, it actually doesn't work if you have your character details hidden. efb

Anyway here's the true geo archon.

My Noelle and Itto are both being carried by the 5* sword, I'm not afraid to admit it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I love HZD and I am sad that Aloy is somehow in this game but I can't get her anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Immersion win! Maining Raiden really makes you feel like you're gazing balefully upon a world of fleeting desire! Spending so much resin just to improve a single character, how wasteful. The only domain you ever really need is severed fate, all others are momentary distractions (or whatever it is that she says when you open chests).