Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I've run out of games that I'm currently playing to share with the class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
you don't have to go home, but you can also stay here

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

whoa, advanced maze-solving tech...

AI almost as smart as me coming home from the bar

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

whoa, advanced maze-solving tech...

finally, bogosort for pathfinding

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
tbh if it took dozens of hours to beat margit(assuming any amount of active effort and not just that you didn't get around to it) it means you might not be that good at fromsoft games, but that's fine. there's no inherent virtue in being good at timing dodge rolls or whatever. even if you play a lot of games, you can't be good at them all. i'm only good at first person shooters third person shooters boomer shooters looter shooters rts action rts 4x turn based tactics survival horror action horror immersive sim point and click adventure games narrative adventure games walking sims kart racers jrpgs wrpgs dungeon crawlers mmorpgs monster raising games deckbuilders breakouts roguelikes roguelites metroidvanias character action fighting games platformers platform fighters puzzle platformers shmups belt scrollers musou games asymmetrical multiplayer games visual novels truck simulators isometric action games open world action games real time tactics action rpgs tower defense picross auto chess

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I've watched you pplay picross, you aren't good at that

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

You aren't good at kart racers

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

real sus that you left rally racers out of that list. what kind of gamer are you

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Relax Or DIE posted:

tbh if it took dozens of hours to beat margit(assuming any amount of active effort and not just that you didn't get around to it) it means you might not be that good at fromsoft games, but that's fine. there's no inherent virtue in being good at timing dodge rolls or whatever. even if you play a lot of games, you can't be good at them all. i'm only good at first person shooters third person shooters boomer shooters looter shooters rts action rts 4x turn based tactics survival horror action horror immersive sim point and click adventure games narrative adventure games walking sims kart racers jrpgs wrpgs dungeon crawlers mmorpgs monster raising games deckbuilders breakouts roguelikes roguelites metroidvanias character action fighting games platformers platform fighters puzzle platformers shmups belt scrollers musou games asymmetrical multiplayer games visual novels truck simulators isometric action games open world action games real time tactics action rpgs tower defense picross auto chess

Lol, Margit? Look at this fancy gamer. I spent my first 2 hours of the game dying to the Tree Sentinel over and over and over again :smug:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Vermain posted:

finally, bogosort for pathfinding

lmao

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

if only you were good at posting

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I really wish I could play beat 'em ups. They seem very fun but for some reason I just can't get my head around how to play them successfully. I know all the things I'm supposed to do but everything always feels so stiff and all I want is a dodge or block button or something.

I'm trying to learn how to play Streets of Rage 4 right now and I'm at stage 7 on normal and just getting demolished :negative: I really don't know how to deal with multiple strong enemies at once or when it's safe to jump kick someone

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Looper posted:

if only you were good at posting

:negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I definitely don't work in Jay Rust's house and if he asks you be sure to tell him that and also no those empty Monster cans aren't mine

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Rarity posted:

I definitely don't work in Jay Rust's house and if he asks you be sure to tell him that and also no those empty Monster cans aren't mine

Those are mine, yeah.

Edit: Don't touch them, there's a little bit left at the bottom of each of them, I'm saving them for later.

mutata fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 17, 2022

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

Welp my progress has stalled because I have all the Gridania jobs and I must level them all :f5:

Gonna need back to the story soon though cause I need to unlock the airship so I can access all the other jobs too :derp:

May 8, 2006

it won't even be all the jobs because some are only available after certain points in the story

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

it won't even be all the jobs because some are only available after certain points in the story

All the jobs that I can look I'll work with whatever they give me here

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I also dig how they've tried to make gathering more interesting than 'see node, click on node' though I'm unsure how successful they've been and I also also dig how archer/lancer/conjurer already feel like they play different.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
why do you have to have a job anyway, why cant you just do what you want and once a month get your welfare check?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gamer co-worker chat: Today he spoke at length about ffxiv (I feigned ignorance ofc) and tbh it kinda made me want to pick it back up... and if I did it would be entirely because of that, and not because of poster(s) from this thread

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Khanstant posted:

why do you have to have a job anyway, why cant you just do what you want and once a month get your welfare check?

I would but I live in America and am full of catholic guilt

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

Gamer co-worker chat: Today he spoke at length about ffxiv (I feigned ignorance ofc) and tbh it kinda made me want to pick it back up... and if I did it would be entirely because of that, and not because of poster(s) from this thread

It's ok, you can just say I am an inspiration to you :)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
if you love leveling up jobs, you should join the cool kids club and be a scholar/summoner

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I’m not full of catholic guilt but the people in charge are

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

America famously founded by catholics 😒😒😞😞

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jay Rust posted:

America famously founded by catholics 😒😒😞😞

My state is a Catholic state. Hell, our original capital was St. Mary's.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The whole separation of church and state thing originally meant there was no national mandate of religion, and many of the colonies were founded/populated along religious ideologies. It's why Pennsylvania has a large Quaker population and Maryland is full of Catholics and things like that.

The US is loving weird man.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Happy Birthday ShallNoiseUpon. Hope you can have some fun with friends. Just remember though. Before you open your birthday chattel, don't forget to blow out the light.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

final fantasy bore spleen

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Stux posted:

final fantasy bore spleen

holy poo poo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1537482323373203456?t=IFrlccl7v8uPwrJQRKLFRw&s=19

Hey cool, the thing that makes Overwatch 2 Overwatch 2 isn't coming out for a minimum of three months after launch

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Battleborn stays winning

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I could've bought a PS5 today but they were only selling them bundled with Horizon, a game I already have.

So I still don't have a PS5

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Stux posted:

final fantasy bores teens

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Happy Birthday SNU! (If it's still the same day haha)

I've been playing the first Xenoblade Chronicles on Switch and this game is pretty fun! I'm forcing myself not to just grind out all the side quests (my brain is usually really broken and can't help trying to do them all) and just following the story and I'm really enjoying it so far.
Think that would probably be a helpful way to play to get through more games tbh. Need to get over my feeling that I need to do everything...

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

FirstAidKite posted:

Happy Birthday ShallNoiseUpon. Hope you can have some fun with friends. Just remember though. Before you open your birthday chattel, don't forget to blow out the light.

bovis posted:

Happy Birthday SNU! (If it's still the same day haha)

Thank you both :)

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Happy Birthday SNU, hope you played some good games.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i'll give you a happy birthday wish if you can prove it's your birthday. i've been lied to too many times before. what's something only people born on your birthdate would know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!