Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

hatty posted:

I would but I live in America and am full of catholic guilt
What is this catholic guilt you speak of? My father did bible studies in college, found many flaws in it's doctrine and went agnostic. If you did so too, you could leave it behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

say goodbye to your birthday, snu

mine now

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Khanstant posted:

i'll give you a happy birthday wish if you can prove it's your birthday. i've been lied to too many times before. what's something only people born on your birthdate would know?

it was a saturday in 1989

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Metis of the Hallways posted:

say goodbye to your birthday, snu

mine now

happy birthday metis

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i am going to break into metis' birthday vault

i am going to steal all of the hoarded birthdays

i am going to distribute the birthdays to the people

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

The only way to free the birthdays is to wish me a happy nonbirthday on the only day of the year that is NOT my birthday. But there's only one person who knows that date.....

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

happy birthday metis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The Birthday Bandit

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

Okay so we’ve got an indie game concept right here

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oh no, my precious birthdays. Now I’m stuck as a healthy young adult, forever 😐

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Birthdays aren't real. They're a scheme made up by wrapping paper companies to sell more wrapping paper.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Jokes on them I haven't received a wrapped birthday present in near a decade

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Metis of the Hallways posted:

The only way to free the birthdays is to wish me a happy nonbirthday on the only day of the year that is NOT my birthday. But there's only one person who knows that date.....

i 've had a reminder set on my calendar for months

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

The chosen one has shown himself! But he's walked right into my dastardly trap!

Fly, my pretties!

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

hatty posted:

Jokes on them I haven't received a wrapped birthday present in near a decade

:emptyquote:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Dragon's Dogma was only 5 bucks so I bought it because of people being excited about the sequel I hope it doesn't suck

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God I love being a turtle! :hellyeah:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTe-rclXa6A

Rebirth is Winter 2023???

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

aka March 2024

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Stux posted:

final fantasy bore spleen

Stux has shown me the light. No longer will I waste my time with dull, derivative games. It's time I get myself back into my gaming passions. Now what's avaialable on the Stadia?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

It's time we had a birthday tax

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnDe2u5M7e8

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I have obtained, from my deep web, black market sources, the true unbirthday date of a certain poster and I promise you all, I will do nothing with this information because I am scared of their powerful baton twirling.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I do not fear metis

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Happy Birthday Metis. :3:

I finished MGS3 last night. It was wonderful. Then I started Control. It was oppressively creepy and that too is wonderful.

I think going into every game blind other than the fact that Goons have said: "This is a great game, you should play it." is one of the best things and bringing me much joy in video gaming.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
someday we'll get VG into pathologic 2

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

someday we'll get VG into Warcraft 3

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Relax Or DIE posted:

someday we'll get VG into sonic adventure 2

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Then I started Control. It was oppressively creepy and that too is wonderful.

I think going into every game blind other than the fact that Goons have said: "This is a great game, you should play it." is one of the best things and bringing me much joy in video gaming.

Control really IS a great game, and you (yes, YOU, the person reading this) should play it :hai:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Control really IS a great game, and you (yes, YOU, the person reading this) should play it :hai:

Sorry, already got all achievements twice, no need

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

Whoops I turned on FF14 for a little bit and ended up playing all morning. The good news is that I know my laptop can handle this game and I did loads of stuff! I decided I'm going to leave the craft jobs until I can unlock them all because of how they all feed into each other for mats so instead I got my conjurer and lancer levels up to track and I met this snotty kid called Sylphie who thinks she's too good to learn spells just cause she heal good and missy I don't like your attitude :mad: And then the Lancer's Guild got attacked by a mystery stranger and then later he tracked me down and offered to show me how to be a real lancer and I'm thinking perhaps the Lancer's Guild doesn't know poo poo! I also rode a chocobo for the first time and goddam that FF14 chocobo theme is a loving bop :rock: Then lastly I climbed up this giant fallen tree trunk to climb a cliff and nothing really happened but it felt like such a Final Fantasy environment and it's just like hell yes this is an MMO but you can still point at a whole bunch of things and say this is a Final Fantasy game and I love me a Final Fantasy game :D

Also I clicked through the achievements and there's so much stuff to do none of which I understand and drat I feel like I've done loads already but I've barely scratched the surface of what this game offers aaaaaaaa

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Is it a Switch game?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Barudak posted:

Sorry, already got all achievements twice, no need

Create a new account and get the game again, can you do any less? :colbert:

Last Celebration posted:

Is it a Switch game?

Yeah, you switch from a sad life where you never played Control to a great life where you have :shobon:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
drat, that sounds almost as good as when I first played Hollow Knight, sign me up.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Last Celebration posted:

Is it a Switch game?

There is a cloud version on Switch.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

wuggles posted:

There is a cloud version on Switch.

Is the PS4 version good?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

someday we'll get VG into truck sim

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Lol a neighbor knocked on our door to let us know that a group of little kids up the street had been jumping up and down on our car's hood and roof. We confronted the kids and the oldest of them turned into a damned detective, checking shoes and shoeprints and calling out the kid with the matching shoe logo. The ones who did it admitted it and blabbed about it being the idea of another kid, the grandchild of the neighbor who told us about this stuff in the first place.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

FirstAidKite posted:

Lol a neighbor knocked on our door to let us know that a group of little kids up the street had been jumping up and down on our car's hood and roof. We confronted the kids and the oldest of them turned into a damned detective, checking shoes and shoeprints and calling out the kid with the matching shoe logo. The ones who did it admitted it and blabbed about it being the idea of another kid, the grandchild of the neighbor who told us about this stuff in the first place.

*ace attorney music starts blaring in the distance*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Why are the turtles referred to as heroes in a "halfshell?" They are terapins fully-enclosed in their shell, not a bunch of oysters in a restaurant