Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Vintersorg posted:

Mick Jagger

I got triggered by this.

Bad snipe so:
Sir Caine explains that you can best say his name if you say the phrase "my cocaine."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Vintersorg posted:

The Descendants

Milo did go to college after all so it's not a horrible answer. Just the wrong punk band with a singer with a PH.D in biology

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Does anyone remember the Lisa's last name? She said she was in an episode of Sopranos and I've seen every episode about 8 times and trying to think of what ep she's in

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

The Descendants

I'm around teenagers a lot with my job, but Mazin made me feel so old in tonight's episode.

banned from Starbucks posted:

Does anyone remember the Lisa's last name? She said she was in an episode of Sopranos and I've seen every episode about 8 times and trying to think of what ep she's in

Hernson. Googling didn't get me anything on the episode and she doesn't have an IMDB entry.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

banned from Starbucks posted:

She said she was an extra so she wouldn't have been billed as anything.

Also Mick Jagger??????????

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Yeah, imdb only gives credit if your name is on screen. I've tried...

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
"This one of Aesop's fables, about a disguised member of a flock, teaches the moral that doing mean tricks can backfire on you."

What is wolf in sheep's clothing?

Am I nuts or is this mixing two fables? That response works for the first half, but the back half seems like it's the boy who cried wolf. I don't think the "mean tricks" part works with the correct response at all

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Poque posted:

"This one of Aesop's fables, about a disguised member of a flock, teaches the moral that doing mean tricks can backfire on you."

What is wolf in sheep's clothing?

Am I nuts or is this mixing two fables? That response works for the first half, but the back half seems like it's the boy who cried wolf. I don't think the "mean tricks" part works with the correct response at all

It's not you. The clue writing has been abysmal this season and I hope they overhaul the staff when the production goes on hiatus in I think a week.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
No that’s right because in that Aesop the shepherd butchers the wolf thinking it’s one of his sheep

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Ah that makes more sense. Thanks!

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Just want to highlight Gregory's Double Jeopardy performance there. Wow.

IIRC, going into that Daily Double he had $9,200 and ~$2,800 lead. He bet $5,000 and lost and ultimately finished the round with $1,000.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I don't like to really judge or comment on the contestants in a mean way because they're just normal people on a gameshow, but that dude was the most nervous ball of energy I have ever seen in my entire life. Like I hope someone gave him a Xanax afterwards.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

MokBa posted:

I don't like to really judge or comment on the contestants in a mean way because they're just normal people on a gameshow, but that dude was the most nervous ball of energy I have ever seen in my entire life. Like I hope someone gave him a Xanax afterwards.

Yeah, poor guy was on top of the mountain. Tried to put it away with that DD, then spent the rest of the round trying to dig up, but instead hitting water lines and creating a bigger mess.

I'm sure I'd screw up even worse.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i will always admire a contestant that plays like that way more than some "super" champion that bets 2k on every DD but is basically playing single player jeopardy so they end up in a lock game and then gently caress up the final anyways for good measure but didnt bet anything

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I guessed FJ correctly, but I had no idea who any of those people were. Anyone know?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

1glitch0 posted:

I guessed FJ correctly, but I had no idea who any of those people were. Anyone know?

Roy Campanella was a baseball player.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

"Babe" Didrikson Zaharias (golf, basketball, track and field) was the first woman athlete to appear on a box of wheaties. Roy Campanella (baseball) and Evan Strong (snowboarding) were respectively the first black and Paralympic athletes to do the same.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

"Babe" Didrikson Zaharias (golf, basketball, track and field) was the first woman athlete to appear on a box of wheaties. Roy Campanella (baseball) and Evan Strong (snowboarding) were respectively the first black and Paralympic athletes to do the same.

Excellent. Thanks!

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Sadie got robbed in Final Jeopardy.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Trigger poo poo below.

Really hosed up that the fathers day category had multiple dead dads including one who committed suicide.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
Sadie better figure out a way to contest that poo poo. I could see the full thing in that.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I remember they let people come back after what I thought was a pretty straightforward Final years back because they said it was confusing (was about the moon landing if I remember it right) so it'd be a joke not to give her that.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

I remember they let people come back after what I thought was a pretty straightforward Final years back because they said it was confusing (was about the moon landing if I remember it right) so it'd be a joke not to give her that.

They haven't done this in a while and I wonder if it's a Friedman/Richards difference in which case it'll be interesting to see what happens here.

I haven't actually seen today's episode and won't for at least another week but I mean if multiple people think she should be given another go...

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

she absolutely had the n there, harriet tubma my rear end. a genuine burglary by mayim, maybe she should take more fuckin brain pills so she can learn to read cursive

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I just looked it up online and saw a screenshot and yeah absolutely agreed.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
this is the second time in recent memory that they've used a straight up racial slur in a clue :nallears:

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Jeopardy got preempted by the US Open where I live, so I didn't get to watch yesterday. Sounds like a loving doozy of an episode, I've gotta look it up on Youtube today

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

moonmazed posted:

this is the second time in recent memory that they've used a straight up racial slur in a clue :nallears:

What was it now?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
The G-word for Romani, in the context of being the title of a musical

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

moonmazed posted:

Remind me what the first one was again? I’m drawing a blank

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

christmas boots posted:

Remind me what the first one was again? I’m drawing a blank

The first was the category on Jeopcoin pronounced similarly to the Romani slur

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
it wasn't jeopcoin, i remember another g-word drop a couple months ago

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

This?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anneea...sh=1b3f8a7d6783

White power okay sign and wrong word re: Roma not retaped.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jun 19, 2022

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

The Sean posted:

This?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anneea...sh=1b3f8a7d6783

White power okay sign and wrong word re: Roma not retaped.

Oh white power guy, i'd forgotten about him

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CPColin posted:

The G-word for Romani, in the context of being the title of a musical

oh hey my knowledge of Airplane! comes in handy -- ethyl merman played the mother of ms rose lee.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!
Apparently the producers can see every pen stroke written for FJ (and review the video of how it was done), so I'm betting they did an analysis of that answer and concluded it was incomplete. For the record I can't see an N there at all. It's almost completely illegible.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Orzo posted:

Apparently the producers can see every pen stroke written for FJ (and review the video of how it was done), so I'm betting they did an analysis of that answer and concluded it was incomplete. For the record I can't see an N there at all. It's almost completely illegible.

https://twitter.com/MegOnJeopardy/status/1538223928753025024

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
Give fj contestants keyboards, gently caress it

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Orzo posted:

Just a reminder that this was acceptable not too long ago (January, I think)

https://twitter.com/Mrs_Beef/status/1538526407139241988

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Orzo posted:

It's such a total gimme of a clue that if I can see an H and T starting two different words I'm giving it to them.