Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Air Goons played with 12 dudes!

It was a lot of fun, Blue and Red team leads, with five teammates under each. It takes a bit of cohesion and radio discipline, but even big maps start falling really quickly. We used rudimentary drawings for plans, and went at it. Really cool effect to take a hallway with blue team lead yelling "red cover the door to our left" and red team just starts piling in there. When it flows smooth, it's really exciting teamplay.

Sadly the game doesn't actually support red or blue chemlights on dudes, but hopefully soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
Multiple team entry makes the game 500% more dynamic . Once teams figure out they Gotta catch each other Just the mere concept of ”to heck with that door, tail guy just overwatch it” keeps the pace going super nice.

10-20 player cap FTW !

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
drat the new hotel and 213 maps are amazing - love the more open spaces and longer sight lines

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Flashbangs seem way less effective.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Elendil004 posted:

Flashbangs seem way less effective.

I think the trick is you have to insert said flashbang by force, into the suspects orifice

But really we had some very smooth take down's this new patch, but some of the mechanics need big-time reworking.

For instance there should be a contextual 'grenade' option on a door frame, like peeking or mirroring. Because trying to throw a flashbang into the crack when a door is 'peeked' open is likely to hit your own team 50% of the time

And yes as Elendil stated we had numerous bangs go off at the feet of a suspect , and they were completely unaffected. I think it was better pre-patch

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
Hot take; frag grenades as an option.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Functional flashbangs were making the game too easy, apparently.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I guess nerfing flashbangs is one way to push people to use CS gas more but people banging doors was already so rare in randoms that it's a weird change. Maybe it's a bug

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

We used CS gas a few times last patch and it felt anemic as gently caress. Maybe if they gave us a launcher so we could put it through windows or something but god it sucked.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
CS gas is an I win button unless you're going in before it actually spreads. I actually stopped using it because of that.

I imagine flashbangs not working sometimes is a bug. They just changed up how the suspects see, not a stretch to think i might have affected other poo poo.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
the new layout for the crack houses is great

you're now less likely to get 1 tapped at spawn by pixel peeking ai but you might still get sniped at by ai at the top of the stairs behind the tree

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Playing through the crack house, the game is definitely a lot easier now. The roamers make it less of a consistent door-clear-arrest-door-clear-arrest cycle, but the AI aim is definitely a lot worse. I was loving around and ended up with a suspect right in front of me with a shotgun firing while I tried to toss the flash I had in my hand and get my gun out, and I was able to shoot him and bandage myself without getting a fatal shot. Lots of red on the paper doll, but no deaths.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Digging the revamped Hotel map but jeeze it's a pretty grim scene there.

Well over a dozen civilian casualties sprinkled throughout the map

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1144200/?emclan=103582791466271488&emgid=3120436116229825035

quote:

February Content Update
Ready or Not's second content update is here, with two new weapons, a new test map, and melee suspects.
General

New
New Map: Club (Early Blockout Phase)
Support for displaying modded maps on the World Map (in Lobby)
World generation on modded maps will now have AI and Stack Up points generated automatically

Updated
RoE updates/improvements

Fixed
Fixed loading screen crash
Multiple crash fixes

Gameplay

Fixed
Fixed an issue where placed C2 explosives would spawn inside of some doors instead of on it
Fixed an issue where CS Gas would sometimes trigger off traps
Fixed crash when opening loadout
Fixed double evidence bagging with AI teammates
Fixed shotgun reloading one too many rounds when reloading from empty
Fixed an issue where reporting a suspect may sometimes cause a crash
Fixed crash when firing a projectile based weapon (pepperball gun, R7, etc)

AI

General

Fixed
Fixed an issue where hesitating AI would sometimes move (floating around)

SWAT

Fixed
Fixed possible crash when giving a stack up order when no SWAT are available
Fixed SWAT sometimes getting stuck on the 'Restrain' command

Suspects

New
Knife wielding suspects(Careful, these guys are sharp)
Added ability for AI to place traps

Fixed
Fixed suspects instantly reacting to the player deciding to kick a door
Fixed bug preventing AI from holstering weapons
Fixed an issue where suspects could sometimes exit arrests while being arrested by SWAT

Networking

Improved
Grenade de-sync fixes and improvements

Updated
Continue to search for game automatically when server is full

Fixed
Fixed Online Login crash
Fixed Tasers not properly replicating magazines from server to client post-reload

Weapons

New
G36C -- A German 5.56 assault rifle that looks way cooler without a carry handle.
BRN-180 -- A modern take on the classic AR-18 with its sleek charging handle.

Updated
Changed the Speed Grip's name to Angled Grip
Changed the Control Grip's name to Vertical Grip
Adjusted the BCM MK1 recoil and damage to be the same values as the SR16

UI
UI and HUD font overhaul

Localization
Added Chinese localization

VO

New
Meth Suspect and Civilian voices

Improved
Dialogue doesn't duck FP gun fire as much(prevents dialogue from artificially quieting gunfire)

SFX

New
Farm boiler room ambiance(I am scared)
New NVG toggle sound(Tacticool)

Updated
Volume tweaks for various ambiances for better balance
Use proper physics materials to various surfaces / objects

Improved
Backend ambiance system overhaul for Dealer, Farm, Fast Food, Gas, Meth, Penthouse, Port, and Valley
Additional sounds / footstep Foley areas added to Port
Many Farm ambiances tweaked for better atmosphere
Additional sound detailing to Meth raid house
Additional sound detailing to Valley
Optimized Hotel for smaller audio CPU footprint
Optimized Lobby for smaller audio CPU footprint
Adjusted certain footstep sounds

Fixed
Metal doors now play a sound when the player attempts to open a locked metal door
Certain props no longer cause incorrect SFX to play for level duration
Certain sounds on Dealer now properly spatialized
Port auction music now only plays in the correct game mode
Certain incorrect sounds removed from incorrect modes on Hotel
Certain sounds no longer pop when looped on Meth
Fixed many instances of incorrect bullet impacts for certain surfaces

Music

New
Port track added(not final)
Club diagetic track(a bop)

Lobby
Fixed a rare crash when opening the World Map
High quality lobby lighting bake and lightmap adjustments on broken objects

Wenderly Hills Hotel -- 'Checkin' In'

Updated
Lobby clock now simulates occlusion when player is behind it

Removed
Remove instances of sounds that shouldn't be playing in certain modes

213 Park Homes -- 'Twisted Nerve'

Updated
Increased physics barrel mass(even though they were hilarious before)
Increase velocity threshold before any barrel sounds to play (should not play sounds as often)
Moved physics barrels out of corridor and into another room nearby

Port

Fixed
Fixed navmesh in shipping services area

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I hope auto generated AI for community maps means that it has the same randomized positioning the base maps have. I played a few of the available downloads and they’re cool but the static AI positions really kills any replayability

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Knife suspects shank you really quick!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I hope one of the interactions on the ridgeline map is being able to try and entrap the amputee with a short shotgun.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
We had a pretty good big team setup going.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Wonder what’s going on with this. Has anyone played the level enough to recognize what the “trademark infringement” was?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Uhhhhh

https://www.pcgamer.com/controversial-tactical-shooter-ready-or-not-removed-from-steam-without-explanation/

This article 1) makes no mention of trademark infringement and says void claimed it was a technical mistake (???) Lol

And also 2) that apparently they added a nightclub shooting level on the anniversary of the Pulse snightxlun shooting?

How are they so bad at this

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Probably worthy to consider that every day in America is probably, or close to, a shooting anniversary. The game is a Kiwi game, there’s probably zero purpose to time it into American mass shootings.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I mean very few of the articles mention any of the statements from the company because lol imagine a video game journalist do any fact checking.

It is pretty lovely to release that on the anniversary, and name it Prism. C'mon people have some sense.

I think they wanted the bump from negative press but flew too close to the sun.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The article says the night club was called Prysm.

Is that too close to Pulse?

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

It only took a quick google search to find an actual PRYSM nightclub in Chicago, as well as a dozen other Prysm named companies, so maybe a trademark/copyright infringement isn't too far off.

Believe the controversy :evilbuddy:

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

gently caress SNEEP posted:

It only took a quick google search to find an actual PRYSM nightclub in Chicago, as well as a dozen other Prysm named companies, so maybe a trademark/copyright infringement isn't too far off.

Believe the controversy :evilbuddy:

This seems pretty reasonable - I was half expecting them to just have som random brand reference that got them struck

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Gib patch

Gabrielite
Apr 24, 2008
If possible you may wish to hold off updating RoN for the moment. Ready or Not Update - Build 21753 restructures the paks to make for easier future downloading but currently has an issue with the main 50GB megapak that does not get properly uninstalled. This balloons the disk size up to 107GB. It also just takes quite a bit of time even with a decent PC and internet.

They are aware of the issue.

quote:

100gb+ Update - Information
We are aware of an issue with the update not uninstalling the old mega .pak file, it is being addressed as quick as possible.

In the meantime, there is a manual fix:
Delete "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor.pak" in "Ready Or Not\ReadyOrNot\Content\Paks".

Then go to Steam, right click the game in your library > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files.

This will redownload about 4.5gb of files and revert the game to it's original size.

Despite this info, apparently doing the verification after you do the above will just redownload the megapak according to this reddit post.

Edit> Can confirm, a verify will redownload the megapak and according to other users the game wont run until it's redownloaded. So don't bother doing anything. For the time being the game size is 107GB until they fix the update. :shrug:

2 days later Edit> Patch released for 100GB error. Full game size is back down to 59.6 GB.

Gabrielite fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 1, 2022

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I played this game yesterday with two friends and lemme tell you trying to clear that there party mansion with three people is less than ideal

edit: the discord link has expired (much like the suspect with a knife)

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
The interest in this game currently is cyclical, peaking every patch.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

goons are weird nerds so there's two discords which also means that sometimes there's half interest in both resulting in no games.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I honestly don't know much about Co-Op goons discord. I killed the RoN specific goon discord.

In other news, new map preview is a FBI HRT-BORTAC-SWAT cooperation map against coyotes...

...in the loving dark again. Please, give us a crumb of daylight for once.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Vahakyla posted:

I honestly don't know much about Co-Op goons discord. I killed the RoN specific goon discord.

In other news, new map preview is a FBI HRT-BORTAC-SWAT cooperation map against coyotes...

...in the loving dark again. Please, give us a crumb of daylight for once.

NVGs are fun tho

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Elendil004 posted:

NVGs are fun tho

Yeah, but that doesnt mean we shouldn't have daylight maps. I mean, if NVGs can help you see well in the dark, it'll help you see SUPER well in the sunshine, right?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Don't you know pigs move in silence and violence?

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Can we get a valid discord invite?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
The Air Goons discord link is expired I think, but it's here. https://discord.gg/airgoons
If you search for Ready or Not you'll find the game's sub-channel. We haven't played it bunch beccause once again we're waiting for a patch but at least you can see semi-active chat about it.

There's also the Co-Op GOONS: https://discord.gg/EXJSRKayq5 where there's chat for the game, but also pretty sporadically active. The game goes through pulsation based on patches. Next up is a lighting pass that should make maps less dark.

I know neither of these are really what you're looking for. Right now the community doesn't really support an active daily RoN gang, at least for goons.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
no thats great, thank you!

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
New patch is out in Dev Branch.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1144200/view/3395178347902313901

quote:

Adam Release

General
New
Levels: Agency, Data Center, Ridgeline, Hospital, Importer
Entire re-work of all existing levels lighting to new PBL standards for realism
All visual effects like muzzle flashes, flashlights, and other gameplay-related lights are also re-worked to fit the PBL, so they may appear very bright in modded maps that do not follow this!

Updated
mod.io / Mods
mod.io Mods are now stored in the game install directory, instead of C drive
A migration will occur at the first launch of the game. However, if issues continue to arise, remove mods and data from the following folders:
C:\Users\Public\[mod.io](http://mod.io/)\3791
%LOCALAPPDATA%\ReadyOrNot\Saved\Paks

Mod restart indicator is now present until the game is restarted
WorldGen data in mods is now handled, instead of generating new WorldGen data

Fixed
Mods are not cleaned up when unsubscribing in mod.io

Known Issues
MP7 floating in the preview character’s hands when seen in the loadout menu
Rules of Engagement will be inconsistent with the new AI system in some cases
Ragdolls in high-latency multiplayer may have issues with clipping and flying, we are continuously working on this implementation throughout the Supporter testing stage

Deprecated
Some of the game modes in Hotel were removed as Hotel is pending a future rework.

Gameplay
New
Ammunition spalling and ricochets.
Spalling happens when bullets hit steel surfaces thick enough for them to not penetrate. Ricochets happen when bullets hit surfaces at an angle.
Steel armor will cause spalling when hit. It will not cause injury to the wearer, but anyone around the spalling radius will receive damage.
Every ammunition type will have its own chance of ricocheting.

Arterial bleeds.
Hitting an AI in a spot that has major arterial veins can cause them to start bleeding, severely injuring them and dealing damage over time until they succumb to blood loss. Every ammunition type has its own chance to cause an arterial bleed.

Gore effects.
Decals now stick to AI properly instead of projecting on their model.
Bullet holes in AI will cause blood to seep around the wound and clothing slowly.
Headshots now cause head deformation.
Blood splatters on walls may be animated with blood trailing effects.

Incapacitation
AI now has a chance to fall into incapacitation when shot instead of outright dying.
Incapacitated AI must be reported to TOC (Pending additional voice acting. SWAT will use civilian incapacitation report lines for now)

Improved
Hitscan client simulation accuracy significantly improved

Updated
Restricted Q and E leaning degrees to 15 sideways instead of 40, matching the third person leaning much more accurately and preventing players from peeking suspects without exposing their bodies
Slowed down ALT leaning to prevent leanspam and allow more accurate leaning increments
Increase damage for 7.62 ammo variants
Increase limb damage for JHP ammo variants

Fixed
Fixed bullet exit effects appearing even when rounds are not fully penetrating
Fixed injured screen blur effect not fading while the player is moving

AI
General
New
Completely rebuilt Civilian and Suspect AI. They now use a mathematical system to weigh and make continuous decisions they deem are best for their current situation and objective, instead of randomly choosing actions to take
“Factions” system. Each AI in every level now can have unique behavior specific to that level, and each individual NPC can act differently than the other
Some AI can have a “faction leader.” Arresting or killing the leader may cause a morale drop for the rest of its faction

“Rathole” system allowing AI to evade the player through vents and spaces through/between walls. Only some levels have this behavior
Hostage Taking for suspects on certain levels when specific conditions are met
AI suspects now have a limited ammo capacity. They can run out of ammunition after a set amount of reloads, what they do next depends on the situation

Improved
Suspect AI now use animations to aim and lower their weapons, instead of a simple blend between the two poses. This locks their raise-to-aim behavior causing fewer issues related to snap-shooting
AI will play appropriate reaction animations when encountering players. Suspects no longer immediately raise their weapons to shoot if they don’t expect your arrival, and depending on their personality they might be more easily scared than others!
AI now use a movement blend system. They will have to accelerate first from walking before moving at their maximum speed. This prevents erratic and unreadable AI movement suddenly moving at full speed in close quarters
AI reactions to being stunned by grenades have been improved, playing fullbody animations appropriate to the stun type

Fixed
Fixed grenades not lowering suspect morale enough. They should cause surrendering much faster

Suspects
New
Hostage taking. Some suspects can take hostages by using them as a human shields. Use grenades to break them up, or risk an accurate shot to take them down
Rat holes. Some suspects can shimmy and crawl through gaps in the wall or ventilation systems, evading the player and gaining an upper hand
Reworked AI player detection and sensing. Will essentially stop them from “sensing” players through objects, lessening chances of them shooting through walls
Editor’s note: This was a necessary feature in the past to prevent them from losing track of the player if they move past small gaps and objects, but has been replaced with better and more accurate detection

Reworked reaction time. A larger amount of their actions when unaware will be buffered by a determined amount of milliseconds instead of making decisions at the very first frame of detection. Should improve readability
Tweaked suspect focal point blends, slowing them down to prevent them from making flick shots

Improved
Suspect reaction times have been lowered, but they will also be much more aware of their surroundings, and will appropriately hold angles and corners where they expect players to come from if there has been a lot of noise. The same level of deadliness, but now with a higher level of awareness
They will wander around the level and investigate gunshots, and their reaction times will be heightened if they think danger is incoming
They will take cover much more strategically and use it to conceal themselves, ambushing the player from behind objects. Be careful!

Civilians
Updated
Civilians will react to combat more appropriately by seeking hiding places when hearing gunfights and other aggressive noises, and flee when they are in the midst of a firefight
Multiple civilian profiles and behavior for each level depending on the level’s situation and circumstances

Settings
New
Add motion blur intensity slider

Weapons
New
P90
MP7
SPC9
M11 Compact
Bullet penetration values have been reworked for more consistency. Material parameters, thickness, and bullet velocity is now calculated
Improved bullet zeroing to optic dot over distance

Updated
57 USG now ejects 5.7x28mm shell casings when firing
Updated old attachment models into newer versions. New SRS model, new Pistol Flashlight model, and SMGs now have their own unique flashlight model
3P grip poses! Players now hold onto grips properly in third person, for those sick screenshots
Significantly increased damage for 7.62 ammo variants
Increase limb damage for JHP ammo variants

Animation
Fixed
Death animations.
AI will play death animations when dying instead of playing a full ragdoll. This improves sync between AI death poses in multiplayer games.

A large batch of head models are now rigged for facial animation support
AI will now have different facial expressions depending on the situation
Real-time lip sync to dialogue is not currently supported but is planned in the future

Added a larger variety of idle poses for AI, ensuring that a group of AI NPCs can have a different and much more natural silhouette from one another
AI now play a variety of flinch animations when shot, making gunplay feel more responsive
AI now play recoil animations when shooting
Added IK animation exceptions to many animations, fixing broken arms when AI is doing animations like surrendering or fake surrendering

Scoring
Removed the requirement that all civilians must be reported to pass the “Rescue all of the Civilians” objective

UI
Loadout
Added a scroll box to the Preset dropdown to handle long preset lists
Preset names now have a character limit. Names made prior will be cut off rather than extend beyond the boundary.

Fixed
Double-clicking a new weapon selection while in the Quartermaster (weapon modification) screen will properly return to the attachment list for the newly selected weapon.
Quick-removing attachments from the Loadout Detail Panel will now work consistently
Reducing ammo slots should no longer remove secondary ammo type and always keep at least one of each ammo type if multiple are selected or slots are reduced to 1
Fixed issue with adding ammo slots not automatically adding a magazine when two ammo types were selected until Loadout was reopened

Voice Over
Many new voice lines for a variety of situations
Increased frequency of random AI idle chatter

SFX
New
Tons of new weapon SFX
New level SFX
Bullet spalling SFX
Gore SFX

Updated
Many sounds that would previously not occlude (footsteps/gunshots / etc) now occlude (sounding muffled behind walls). Woohoo!
Major optimizations across all levels to many core sound components
Major optimizations/tweaks to core sound mix
Major optimizations to many FMOD events
First person weapon full auto firing smoothed significantly
Tweaked timings for ADS sounds
Weapon foley updated to have more prominent pouch sounds
Bullet ricochet sound is now independent from bullet impact sound
Updates to various weapon sounds
SBR reverted to use older variant of gunshot sound
Bodyfall sound can now play at gentler velocity
Smoother reverb transitions as player moves across a level
Tweak sound size for door alarm sounds
Tweak sound size for keycard pickup sounds

Fixed
Fix issue where certain weapons would make no sound when fired from a third person
Fix issue where taser contact sound wouldn’t play
Fix issue where certain incorrect environmental ambience parameters could be assigned on level start
Fix issue where a certain gas canister would sound like a nuke if shot
Fix rare issue where certain important sounds could cut out during intense gunfights
Rerender many assets to remove pops

Club
Club music can now be shut off from the DJ booth
Additional sound detailing / updates to level ambience
Fix issue where certain ambient layer wouldn’t play

Dealer
Fix instances of wrong ambience playing in certain areas

Gas
Disabled key card deny sound for fire exit door

Meth
Separate environmental ambience beds so one doesn’t play before the other during transition

Penthouse
Penthouse TV now uses alternative propagation solution to pan sound around wall
Fix issue where certain outdoor SFX sounded clear regardless of player position

Ridgeline
Added / Updated existing SFX
Certain sounds should now flow more dynamically across environment (i.e. Trees)
Fix instances of certain ambience parameters not updating in certain areas

Music
New
Club OST
Data Center OST
Agency OST
Main Menu OST

Updated
Updated Ridgeline OST basement cue

Fixed
Fixed an issue where Ridgeline OST could repeat certain cues twice
Fixed an issue where Hotel Upper Rooms OST could potentially stop playing
Fixed an issue where certain areas on Dealer would incorrectly play music

Level Specific
Club
Club music can now be shut off from the DJ booth
Additional sound detailing / updates to level ambiance
Fix issue where certain ambient layer wouldn’t play

Dealer
Fix instances of wrong ambiance playing in certain areas

Gas
Disabled key card deny sound for fire exit door

Meth
Separate environmental ambiance beds so one doesn’t play before the other during transition

Penthouse
Penthouse TV now uses alternative propagation solution to pan sound around wall
Fix issue where certain outdoor SFX sounded clear regardless of player position

Ridgeline
Added / Updated existing SFX
Certain sounds should now flow more dynamically across environment (i.e. Trees)
Fix instances of certain ambience parameters not updating in certain areas

Misc
Map analytics added to help identify gameplay issues / improve gameplay (Defaults to off)
When enabled will stream actor locations / events to a server for further analysis
No user identifiable information is sent
Will be used for tracking down AI issues

Added a permanent message indicating if map analytics is recording or not, and if so what the Game ID is

Nvidia DLSS implementation updated to 2.3.11

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

That’s quite the update. Looking forward to seeing how that new AI will play out for sure, especially with my preferred loving around mode of trying to do everything non-lethal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I haven't played in nearly a year but now I literally can't play it, it just crashes immediately after the splash screen on startup. Plenty of other people on the steam forums with this issue. Clean install didn't fix it.