Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbHW1T7boSc

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

"Guys gals and non-binary pals"

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I do love how the writers of star trek kept getting complaints about "why r all da aliens men n women tho????" And their response was a 4 part story arc in tng where it's revealed that every species is descended from a single genetically modified progenitor species. Then they could just tell those goddamn nerds to shut the hell up.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

"Bearers of the Curse"
"Ashen Ones"
"Chosen Undead"
"Tarnished"
"Good Hunters"

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

"Bearers of the Curse"
"Ashen Ones"
"Chosen Undead"
"Tarnished"
"Good Hunters"

That's a good way but some people may not like Bearer of the curse seek seek lest

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Goons

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Cat Hatter posted:

"Guys gals and non-binary pals"
Forgot where I heard it first but this is my favorite.

“Dude” generally is used more as an interjection than it is a gendered noun; I can say to my wife “dude, check this out” or I can say “wow, check this out” and they’re linguistically the same. I wouldn’t say “lady, check this out” because that just sounds awkward.

If you’re a hetero guy and think that “dude” is gender neutral, then I will ask you “how many dudes have you had sex with?”

Yes I know this is a Wendy’s drive-thru, the Arby’s down the street was closed.

Irregardless
Jan 19, 2007

not even once.
Anydude that gets mad at being called dude is too privileged to be cool

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Irregardless posted:

Anydude that gets mad at being called dude is too privileged to be cool

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Dude used to mean either dandy or fop (i.e. an exceptionally well dressed and groomed man) or city slicker (see: Dude Ranch) until it entered California surfer lingo in the 60s as a generalized term for guys.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Goons, mooks, minions, meat shields, big palookas, and incompetent dumbasses

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Forgot where I heard it first but this is my favorite.

“Dude” generally is used more as an interjection than it is a gendered noun; I can say to my wife “dude, check this out” or I can say “wow, check this out” and they’re linguistically the same. I wouldn’t say “lady, check this out” because that just sounds awkward.

If you’re a hetero guy and think that “dude” is gender neutral, then I will ask you “how many dudes have you had sex with?”

Yes I know this is a Wendy’s drive-thru, the Arby’s down the street was closed.

https://youtu.be/6WMr8ZISY-c

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

RareAcumen posted:

"Bearers of the Curse"
"Ashen Ones"
"Chosen Undead"
"Tarnished"
"Good Hunters"

"...maidenless"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Any major dude with half a heart will surely tell you my friend to use what others are comfortable with.

Sometimes dude, sometimes babe, sometimes schmuck

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I just don't speak to anyone, solves all these problems

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
One of the best non-gendered salutation:

And the new version:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/918917521426481222/987265720582799390/Crab_Rave_-_Backrooms_Edition.mp4

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

I have called most of the women i've had sex with "dude" so a fair number. I also don't use it for trans women or anyone who they ask me not to because it doesn't matter that I use it in a neutral way.

CainFortea has a new favorite as of 15:20 on Jun 18, 2022

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

RareAcumen posted:

"Bearers of the Curse"
"Ashen Ones"
"Chosen Undead"
"Tarnished"
"Good Hunters"

I should report you for "wolf" erasure you piece of work

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I watched that whole thing waiting to find out which celebrity died

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

lol

eonblue174
Sep 13, 2011

Still chipping away at the Anthem killer

Chop, chop, chop
What about geese? Hey geese

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/KinoFabino/status/1538208909885833216?t=vQdLyOWQQJdHEfIlWsPBxg&s=19

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Multi track meme drifting

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

FreudianSlippers posted:

Dude used to mean either dandy or fop (i.e. an exceptionally well dressed and groomed man) or city slicker (see: Dude Ranch) until it entered California surfer lingo in the 60s as a generalized term for guys.

exceptionally well dressed like scottish robotnik

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

He once changed his clothes 40 times in the same day and was the first person in America to wear a tux to a formal event and was thrown out of the event for not wearing a tailcoat as was standard formal wear at the time.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FreudianSlippers posted:

He once changed his clothes 40 times in the same day and was the first person in America to wear a tux to a formal event and was thrown out of the event for not wearing a tailcoat as was standard formal wear at the time.

What an idiot.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=iXuc7SAyk2s

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

FreudianSlippers posted:

he should have eaten more fiber

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Basically imagine what was called "metrosexual" in the mid 2000s times ten and you might get a vague image of what a dude was in the late 19th to mid 20th century.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

FreudianSlippers posted:

Basically imagine what was called "metrosexual" in the mid 2000s times ten and you might get a vague image of what a dude was in the late 19th to mid 20th century.

A wealthy one, anyway

Also it goes way back further than that. Cullottes, wigs, pancake makeup, the works

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

FreudianSlippers posted:

I want to be the King of Dudes!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bismuth posted:

You'll have to fight me for it, then!

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

Bismuth posted:

King of Dudes has to be earned, my dude

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

It says right there that there was a battle of the Dudes, so it should be rather obvious that the way to become King of the Dudes is to win the Battle of the Dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
My favorite thing about the King of Dudes competition is that no broads are allowed because the dames apparently want it that way so now the dudes are free to be dudes.

And dudes rock.