Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

no chance... thats what you've got...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

That DICK! posted:

dave meltzer is the king

https://streamable.com/nw2ttt

dave meltzer is the literal king of kings

retract your statement or fall

Wearing a shirt that says "Earthquakes" amid that mess of paper is art

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

so what happened on the show

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

GolfHole posted:

so what happened on the show

Why not watch it yourself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBMgqNQKyIk

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
God he sounds like poo poo

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Yeah, he's a loving mess. Although he still has that strut down.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

That DICK! posted:

dave meltzer is the king

https://streamable.com/nw2ttt

dave meltzer is the literal king of kings

retract your statement or fall

Dave Made a Maze

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That's Dave Meltzer from a decade plus ago. The current Dave is just as crazy and weird as Vince and also has really troubling opinions about women

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

What a big nothing-burger. He did this just to pull in ratings, which is what I would expect from Vince imho.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

That's Dave Meltzer from a decade plus ago. The current Dave is just as crazy and weird as Vince and also has really troubling opinions about women

I feel like you don’t even need to know who Dave meltzer is to know this is a really stupid comparison

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Watching the creative control twitch earlier and there was a really messed up scene.
It was Eric Bischoff and another guy (not sure who) in an office, the guy was practicing his golf swing and Bischoff says "you should move to Scotsdale arizona, the golf capital of the world".
The guy turns to him and says "hmm i don't know, arizona is a bit too close to the border...if you know what I mean".

Christ Jerico enters. The guy says "I gotta go, but remember eric, if it aint white it aint right".....and walks off

And the crowd goes wild.

:wtc:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Bonzo posted:

What a big nothing-burger. He did this just to pull in ratings, which is what I would expect from Vince imho.

rated 1

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

The Real Amethyst posted:

Watching the creative control twitch earlier and there was a really messed up scene.
It was Eric Bischoff and another guy (not sure who) in an office, the guy was practicing his golf swing and Bischoff says "you should move to Scotsdale arizona, the golf capital of the world".
The guy turns to him and says "hmm i don't know, arizona is a bit too close to the border...if you know what I mean".

Christ Jerico enters. The guy says "I gotta go, but remember eric, if it aint white it aint right".....and walks off

And the crowd goes wild.

JBL maybe? His entire gimmick post-acolytes was racist cowboy

edit: nm it was chavo and that was his actual catchphrase apparently

MancXVI fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 18, 2022

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

That DICK! posted:

I feel like you don’t even need to know who Dave meltzer is to know this is a really stupid comparison

Lolling while remembering the time that Dave Meltzer made an extremely milquetoast joke on air about a wrestler's new giant fake boobs, then immediately walked it back and apologised because he's a 60+ year old reporter, but still had to spend a week being condemned on twitter for discussing women's bodies by people who take a monthly cheque from Vincent Kennedy McMahon to go out and perform as Piggy McGee, the Farting Stripper

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

The Real Amethyst posted:

And the crowd goes wild.

That was Chavo Guerrero. Just found an interview he had about this back in May.

https://www.bluewirepods.com/post/the-beginning-and-end-of-chavo-guerreros-kerwin-white-character

quote:

Wrestling fans are sure to think of the iconic “Ooh Chavo” entrance music whenever they think of Chavo Guerrero Jr.

What may not come as quickly to mind however is Guererro’s short-lived “Kerwin White” mantra in the WWE.

Guerrero sat down on The Chris Van Vliet Show and talked about how the character came to be, and why it went away so quickly. He claims that the concept was pitched to him by WWE CEO Vince McMahon, who literally asked him to “denounce his Hispanic heritage and become a white guy,” Guerrero said.

“I was like alright I have two options, you either say no and possibly go back on the back burner for a while, or get fired, or you say alright, let’s do it,” Guerrero said.

While the role was certainly controversial, Guerrero embraced it because he wanted to play the heel role to perfection, and apparently, it worked.

“The Hispanics hated me because I was denouncing my Mexican heritage, I had the whites (hate me) hate me because I was kind of making fun of them...I had everybody hate me, and a true heel wants everybody to hate them”Guerrero said.

“I grew up in the time of wrestling (that was) the more heat the better, I wanted to fight my way back to the dressing room every night, I wanted to have to sneak out the back window, I wanted to be in streets and people are yelling ‘we hate you’ because that’s heat.”

They only stopped using the character because Eddie died.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the Kerwin White entrance video is :discourse:, as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yH1WtM6hgo

Chavo understood that the trick to making it work is to lean all the way in

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Chavo knocked that horrible gimmick out of the park

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

im pretty sure chavo achieved that by being an actual racist

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

That DICK! posted:

I mean he's he's not as bad as McMahon and hasn't tried to put leaves in his cousins vagina as far as I know but he's become increasingly unhinged over the past few years about women and other random stuff to the point where I can't understand how you can ignore it

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

this whole sequence is surreal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsfztADiH9M

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MancXVI posted:

JBL maybe? His entire gimmick post-acolytes was racist cowboy

edit: nm it was chavo and that was his actual catchphrase apparently

Ironically for being a giant piece of poo poo JBL really loving hated the confederate flag and even wrote about it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Ironically for being a giant piece of poo poo JBL really loving hated the confederate flag and even wrote about it.

For a male shower rapist who caused the WWE to pay out a settlement after doing a Nazi salute and goose step walk in Germany who was also a Fox News financial host I'm gonna need a reference for this

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

I mean he's he's not as bad as McMahon and hasn't tried to put leaves in his cousins vagina as far as I know but he's become increasingly unhinged over the past few years about women and other random stuff to the point where I can't understand how you can ignore it

dave isn't exactly some paragon of morality but for a guy who's been the wrestling journalist for five decades he's startlingly progressive and all the big hits against him seem like bad faith readings on things he said. either way i dont take issue with you or anyone not liking dave (even though you are wrong and he is a king) but putting him even roughly in the same ballpark as vince mcmahon, one of the most objectively evil people to ever exist, seems like some real baby brain poo poo. the leaves in the cousin's vagina story is like the least of his crimes

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't want to say "give it some time" but Dave's been on a down swing for some time now

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aesop Poprock posted:

For a male shower rapist who caused the WWE to pay out a settlement after doing a Nazi salute and goose step walk in Germany who was also a Fox News financial host I'm gonna need a reference for this

Here you go.

https://uproxx.com/prowrestling/jbl-tore-confederate-flag-supporters-a-new-one-on-facebook/

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Well gently caress that is kind of shocking. Thanks

I mean it still doesn't excuse his other poo poo

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aesop Poprock posted:

Well gently caress that is kind of shocking. Thanks

I mean it still doesn't excuse his other poo poo

Yeah, I know. It was weird as poo poo when I can across it.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Aesop Poprock posted:

you seem very confused

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
Leaves in cousin vagina? Shower rape? What the gently caress? I’m gonna need more elaboration on those please

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gbs but from 2004 posted:

Leaves in cousin vagina? Shower rape? What the gently caress? I’m gonna need more elaboration on those please

Leaves in vagina is Vince as a kid, it’s worth mentioning and not as an excuse, that there is a significant amount of evidence that Vince McMahon was sexually abused along with ample evidence of him being physically abused. He had a supremely hosed up childhood and you can find out some of it from a playboy interview and from sex lies and headlocks.

Shower rape is JBL. That one’s not rape in any true sense and it’s more him being a creepy motherfucker (Although still criminal falls more into the wrestler prank category, not defending it mind you) and lathering himself up and then lathering someone else up who did not consent while they were also in the shower iirc.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Well to a genuine simpleton retard, a real dumbbell moron such as yourself, the point of discussion is “goo goo aint the same as ba ba.” Bcuz ur a bona fide legit rear end retard. It’s ok! No shame in it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

JBL was, for quite a long time, one of WWE's more prominent locker room bullies/"wrestler's court enforcers" who by and large hosed with people that were either physically weaker or weren't one of Vince's "untouchables".

To take just one example, at the first ECW One Night Stand, he apparently had taken umbrage with something Blue Meanie had said, and decided to beat the poo poo out of him in the WWF vs. ECW match, throwing legit punches while Meanie still had staples in his face from a previous injury (several other ECW workers came to Meanie's aid when they saw what was going on, and proceeded to legit beat the poo poo out of JBL, until the WWE guys managed to get him out of the ring).

This basically came to an end when JBL decided to gently caress with the wrong guy backstage, and got laid out with one punch by former ECW commentator Joey Styles , who worked for WWE briefly. Styles is an rear end in a top hat in his own right, but with that one punch he managed to at least deflate the myth that JBL was some kind of supreme badass.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Sydney Bottocks posted:

JBL was, for quite a long time, one of WWE's more prominent locker room bullies/"wrestler's court enforcers" who by and large hosed with people that were either physically weaker or weren't one of Vince's "untouchables".

To take just one example, at the first ECW One Night Stand, he apparently had taken umbrage with something Blue Meanie had said, and decided to beat the poo poo out of him in the WWF vs. ECW match, throwing legit punches while Meanie still had staples in his face from a previous injury (several other ECW workers came to Meanie's aid when they saw what was going on, and proceeded to legit beat the poo poo out of JBL, until the WWE guys managed to get him out of the ring).

This basically came to an end when JBL decided to gently caress with the wrong guy backstage, and got laid out with one punch by former ECW commentator Joey Styles , who worked for WWE briefly. Styles is an rear end in a top hat in his own right, but with that one punch he managed to at least deflate the myth that JBL was some kind of supreme badass.

JBL hated Blue Meanie for stupid petty poo poo that wasn't even Meanie's fault. In the WWE, there's an unwritten rule among wrestlers that main eventers fly first class and everyone else flies coach. If a seat opens up in first class and the upgrade is offered to a midcarder, they're supposed to offer it to a main eventer. When Meanie first joined WWE he hadn't learned this yet, and there was a situation where that exact situation happened. He took a first class upgrade and didn't offer it to anyone else.

JBL was on the same flight and noticed that Meanie was in first class and got pissed off about it and made a big scene. JBL used this honest mistake to start bullying Meanie and it came to a head at the ECW PPV as described above. The cool thing though is that JBL agreed to take a receipt for that in a later match and here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj1ScIBpUq0

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

wrestling court is stupid and involves grown rear end men and women acting like little kids lol

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jun 19, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

vince took financial advice from JBL lmao

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

wrestling court is stupid and involves grown rear end men and women acting like little kids lol

Yeah, it's pretty awful. Although the Edge and Christian trial was pretty funny.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/wrestler-s-court-was-no-match-comedy-stylings-edge-and-christian

quote:

The duo had to appear in wrestler’s court following Edge gifting Gewirtz with a Flash action figure, that he had gotten for free. The boy’s in the locker room took this as them trying to pay off a writer to get on the show.

“That was the thing that I never understood,” began Edge. “We were already on the show. We were already clicking on all cylinders. We were already doing TLC matches. We’re killing it.”

Not only did Bob Holly catch Edge giving Gewirtz the figure, there was also a rumor that Edge and Christian went to Gewirtz house for a family dinner, which they say never happened. Gifting free action figures and rumors of a writer-wrestler feast have consequences. Wrestler’s court consequences.

“You guys were completely prepared for it,” said Gewirtz.

“We received an anonymous tip from, we’ll call him…’Burt Angel,’” said Christian. The mysterious “Burt Angel” told Christian that they would be appearing in wrestler’s court for “kissing rear end with the writers.”

Gewirtz explained that wrestler’s court is a “time honored tradition” where the entire roster, the agents, and the referee show up for the proceedings. Gewirtz showed up with pizza and beer, thinking it would just be a couple of people discussing the misunderstanding and moving on.

“We decided that we were gonna flip it back on them,” said Christian. “We decided on making a book because a lot of the talent were getting book deals at the time. We took a book and we took it to (the prop guy). We said, ‘Hey, we need this book and we need the cover to be our picture and we need it to say, Edge & Christian: How To Kiss rear end - Our Road To The Top’ as the name of the book."

Christian continued by saying that they would own up to the rear end kissing and they would take the fall for “all of the rear end kissers on the roster.” Following the speech, they presented the book, which had the entire locker room bursting in laughter. “Bob Holly had tears coming out his eyes, he was laughing so hard,” said Christian.

“After we left, Triple H came up to us and said, ‘That’s the best defense I’ve ever seen in my life,” he continued.

Gewirtz explained that, while Edge and Christian were doing prop comedy and making everyone laugh, he was shown no mercy by the locker room. He tried to correct Bradshaw on the pronunciation of his last name, but that backfired as he was met with silence and a mean look from prosecutor Layfield.

“I think that was one of, if not the last wrestler’s court because what we did was show how to turn it on its head,” said Edge. “How to turn a really ridiculous, asinine, infantile thing on it’s head is just to go with it.”

Christian said that they had a week before they were sentenced. During that week, they figured out a way to buy off judge Undertaker, playing to his love of Harley Davidson bikes and boxing.

“We bought this $150 Harley Davidson coffee table book. Then we went and found these Champion roundtable interviews with boxing champions. It was a whole series and bought him the whole series of those. We went and we left it in the judge’s locker room. When we left, we found the judge and said, ‘Settlement is in your locker room.’ He said, ‘Alright, I’ll assess it and I’ll let you know what you sentencing is.

“A couple hours later he walked past us, didn’t even look at his, he just stopped and said, ‘Boys, I don’t even think there’s gonna be a blemish on your record.’ And keeps walking.”

Gewirtz thought that was a nice gesture, but pointed out that only Edge and Christian left the gift. “I had to write a 1,000 word essay on why I respected the business, which I was happy to do. And I did it and I got an A+ on it. Judge liked it. I didn’t write it like a wiseass, I wrote it sincerely.”

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

tbf, most of the wrestlers court stories I've heard sound like that; 20% the locker room keeping each other in line, and 80% an excuse for guys on the road to troll each other

the issue seems to be mainly with wrestlers who legitimately got on the wrong side of certain people, and then it's suddenly a big ol' list of poop and poopin' stories

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

vince took financial advice from JBL lmao

I mean he is legitimately successful financially entirely independent of wrestling but nowhere near Vince's level so I don't know why he would bother

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
But yeah wrestling for the longest time was just high school locker rooms for dudes in their 30s-40s. Now it's mostly just guys playing video games and chilling which the old timers hate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Elephant Ambush posted:

JBL hated Blue Meanie for stupid petty poo poo that wasn't even Meanie's fault. In the WWE, there's an unwritten rule among wrestlers that main eventers fly first class and everyone else flies coach. If a seat opens up in first class and the upgrade is offered to a midcarder, they're supposed to offer it to a main eventer. When Meanie first joined WWE he hadn't learned this yet, and there was a situation where that exact situation happened. He took a first class upgrade and didn't offer it to anyone else.

JBL was on the same flight and noticed that Meanie was in first class and got pissed off about it and made a big scene. JBL used this honest mistake to start bullying Meanie and it came to a head at the ECW PPV as described above. The cool thing though is that JBL agreed to take a receipt for that in a later match and here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj1ScIBpUq0

My favorite part about the Blue Meanie plane story is that Mick Foley saw him in first class and was like "Oh Meanie, noooo" because he knew what was coming