Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

eyepatch mccain? is that really the best they could come up with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Who’s going to call the other antifa first? Will the GOP or dems self-immolate first? Season 17 of hell world STARTS NOW.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

mobby_6kl posted:

Wait what? Isn't the eyepatch guy also a nazi?

Get this... Dan loving Crenshaw is too much of a loving moderate for today's GOP. :danpop:

Dan loving Crenshaw isn't even a moderate, like, a little bit.

There is not a single moderate vote he has taken in the House. I'm pretty sure he never voted to impeach Trump, nor did he vote to certify the electoral count on the night of Jan 6th, if I'm not mistaken.

His voting record is 100% purestrain chud... AND THEY'RE GOING AFTER HIM!

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Get this... Dan loving Crenshaw is too much of a loving moderate for today's GOP. :danpop:

There is not a single moderate vote he has taken in the House. I'm pretty sure he never voted to impeach Trump, nor did he vote to certify the electoral count on the night of Jan 6th, if I'm not mistaken.

Uh, yeah, he very occasionally says something minorly critical about the most extreme fringes of the party that he otherwise fully embraces

I mean he's practically to the left of Stalin when you think about it

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

yep, pretty hosed up. pols will be doing fascist salutes out in the open within 1 year or 2.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

kazil posted:

I mean it's the side that thinks the unselect committee is a devastating comeback so yeah, it probably is the best they could come up with

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

mobby_6kl posted:

Wait what? Isn't the eyepatch guy also a nazi?

Not Nazi enough apparently

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
I bet he hardly saw it coming.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

:stare: "As your representative, I feel there should at least be a few reasonable restraints on the 'immediately toss all gay and black people into woodchippers' policy and perhaps we shou-"
:byodood: "TRAITOR! RINO! WOKE LEFTIST COMMIE! Fire up the woodchipper, boys!"

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Still thinking about the fully grown adult potato that hit the chud's car and then bounced at his head. :lol:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I'm just finding out about this now:

https://twitter.com/SawyerHackett/status/1538186962812776448?s=20&t=or816cvD3VKQPxX8IADqsw

So, uh, a lot of headlines that the Republican guy got the most votes in the primary for mayor of L.A. a few weeks ago. Zero headlines that he's in second place now that mail-ins were counted. :shrek:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

kazil posted:

to chuds, mccain was the ultimate traitor to the Trump wing of the party. because he wouldn't literally bend over and kiss trump's feet

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1538252587383799815?s=20&t=Kj6qEuUWs5-qxRiwT_MG-Q

So, is Elon Musk still the richest guy in the world, or...?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Not for nothing, but looking at U.S. death rates over the last few years…

2017 - 2.799 million
2018 - 2.854 million
2019 - 2.908 million
2020 - 3.390 million
2021 - 3.417 million

Just thinking about that Baby Boom about to go bust. :allears:

Wasn't there recently a survey claiming that Gen X were more conservative than boomers?

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

LOL!!!!!

The stock market is make-believe pissshit.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

steinrokkan posted:

Wasn't there recently a survey claiming that Gen X were more conservative than boomers?

There's way less of Gen X, that's why no one cares about them.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Imagine a market that isn’t backed by (literally) anything collapses on the mood of weird investors. Wild. Can I invest my entire life’s savings?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Hash tag Musk Ruins Everything.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Frank Frank posted:

Imagine a market that isn’t backed by (literally) anything collapses on the mood of weird investors. Wild. Can I invest my entire life’s savings?

Uhh how am I going to day trade at almost light speed like a turd whipped between two asses at .95c if we actually treat the stock market as “investments” and not “hyper-speed gambling someone’s dad’s 401(k) as collateral and hoping to pull out before it explodes”. I can’t afford a yacht without it!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

funeral home DJ posted:

Uhh how am I going to day trade at almost light speed like a turd whipped between two asses at .95c if we actually treat the stock market as “investments” and not “hyper-speed gambling someone’s dad’s 401(k) as collateral and hoping to pull out before it explodes”. I can’t afford a yacht without it!

poo poo, I know! I’m going to sink my savings into streaming counterstrike on YouTube. There’s no way this can fail.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Today at the Salvation Army I saw a nice, pretty new-looking car with a sticker on the gas tank door that said "If you voted for Biden, you owe me gas money" and while I've often wished I carried around a permanant marker for stuff like that, I've never before wished to have paid better attention in Ancient Greek class so that I could figure out the singular of "molon labe."

They had some more stickers on there so maybe they wouldn't be so stretched for gas if they cut down on their candle bumper sticker expenditures.

Otteration posted:

Apropos of nothing, I am unable to conceive of what has caused me to be unfamiliar with the fact that Werner Herzog has played multiple voice roles on The Simpsons until now.
MULTIPLE?

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

My teammate got stopped and frisked by the Secret Service because he was riding down in Cape Henlopen today around that time.

Beer chat: Big Oyster is a good place with good beer, food and an outdoor area and playground for kids. Just got back from there today and couldn't get our daughter off of it.

Thompson Island is a good, don't know about the outdoor area.

Dewey Brewing is also really good, parking sucks in the area but if you go west to Harbeson they have a second location.

Avoid the gently caress out of Crooked Hammock. Garbage food and beer and lovely service.

Not down south but First State Brewing is also great beer.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Gutter Phoenix posted:

LOL!!!!!

gently caress you, I've lost like 4 dollars on penny stocks in Robinhood :mad:

Like BIG DICK BIRD said, though, the frequent notifications of how Tesla and Bitcoin are crashing are oddly comforting

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Elon Musk pressured Twitter to give him access to a 'firehose' of data to evaluate bots. Now what?

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/17/tech/elon-musk-twitter-bots/index.html

Twitter apparently plans to provide Musk with its "firehose" of data about tweets on the platform, according to recent reports from the Washington Post and the New York Times. The Twitter firehose is the real-time stream of the millions of public tweets posted on the platform daily and information on the accounts behind them, although it does not contain private information such as the IP address from which the tweet was posted.

Twitter may have been backed into a corner after Musk's lawyer argued he was being denied information to which he is entitled through the deal. But in handing over access to the data firehose, Twitter (TWTR) risks attempting to address one problem — Musk's questionable threats to ditch the acquisition over bot activity, which some analysts believe is simply a pretext to abandon a deal he now feels is overpriced — while possibly creating new issues.

The seemingly unprecedented nature of sharing such data with Musk — an individual who doesn't work for the company, isn't a researcher and doesn't belong to the handful of companies who pay to access the data — could create a number of unknowns, from competitive risks to privacy concerns, some industry watchers note. And that's not to mention Musk's history of inflammatory and sometimes erratic behavior online and offline.

"Musk in the past, we've seen he's an iconoclast, he loves to air grievances openly, on social media," said Inga Trauthig, a senior research fellow at the Center for Media Engagement at the University of Texas at Austin. Other companies have access to this data, she notes, but "surely they have extremely detailed NDA contracts. 'Will Musk have the same?' is the first part of the question, and the second will be, 'will he stick to them?'"

In the letter requesting more data from Twitter, Musk's lawyer said the billionaire would ensure that "anyone reviewing the data is bound by a non-disclosure agreement" and would not "retain or otherwise use any competitively sensitive information if the transaction is not consummated." However, Musk tweeted just last month that Twitter's legal team had contacted him to "complain that I violated their NDA" with another comment he made about bots.

That he is now suddenly fixated on bots as an issue "either means that Musk really was completely unaware of how social media works in general, and Twitter in particular, or this is some sort of political maneuvering," she said.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
So this is why Elon's brain has turned into (more of a) mush, huh

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

gonna tweet "elon has a small peepee" for days on end in the hope that he has to see it

JockstrapManthrust
Apr 30, 2013
Sure is a lot of money to spend read Grimes’s dm’s to Chelsea. But hey what do I know I’m not a paper thin skinned billionaire tech bro.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

trickybiscuits posted:

Today at the Salvation Army I saw a nice, pretty new-looking car with a sticker on the gas tank door that said "If you voted for Biden, you owe me gas money" and while I've often wished I carried around a permanant marker for stuff like that

:thunk: you do, it's called a key

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

calandryll posted:

My teammate got stopped and frisked by the Secret Service because he was riding down in Cape Henlopen today around that time.

Beer chat: Big Oyster is a good place with good beer, food and an outdoor area and playground for kids. Just got back from there today and couldn't get our daughter off of it.

Thompson Island is a good, don't know about the outdoor area.

Dewey Brewing is also really good, parking sucks in the area but if you go west to Harbeson they have a second location.

Avoid the gently caress out of Crooked Hammock. Garbage food and beer and lovely service.

Not down south but First State Brewing is also great beer.

Will check out Big Oyster. Wife and one of the kids are crazy for good oysters

Edit: wait is it food or just a brewery?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

lmao :bisonyes:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

SilvergunSuperman posted:

:thunk: you do, it's called a key

50/50 chance this person would shoot you for doing this.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Gutter Phoenix posted:

LOL!!!!!

Wow boomer who the gently caress cares about stocks. It's all about stonks. I've got so many stonks. STONKS. Diamond hands. To the moon. Tendies.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I hope musk straps himself into a railgun and splats himself onto the wall of twitter hq. That'd be a fitting end to tis drama.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Am I the only one surprised that Biden didn't break a hip or something?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I'm waiting to hear how Musk is being targeted by the elites and all this is being arranged to hurt him.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

It’s because he has enough brains to realize trump and the chuds won’t rule the party forever or some cynical poo poo so he makes vague moderate statements so he can look like McCain. Unfortunately/fortunately chuds are purity freaks so lol.

poo poo like this is why I don’t think the GOP will be able to survive in the medium term because lol we are gonna get chuds fighting on the floor of the house next year

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Frank Frank posted:

50/50 chance this person would shoot you for doing this.

Well sure but that'd happen with the marker too

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Frank Frank posted:

You'll perhaps be surprised to learn that a significant portion of the morons on r/wallstreetbets are still holding onto their gamestop shares more than a year later.

Some smaller short sellers closed down, a lot of established investment firms like Morgan Stanley and Blackrock made out like bandits, lending shares to short sellers and selling their previously-worthless gamestop shares to redditers at a huge premium, and redditers are holding the bag.

Instead of merely squeezing short sellers, r/wallstreetbets now believe that gamestop can somehow become a successful business again - something something NFT, something something metaverse. Because if you believe hard enough, it will definitely happen!

Shanghaied fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 18, 2022

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Duck and Cover posted:

Wow boomer who the gently caress cares about stocks. It's all about stonks. I've got so many stonks. STONKS. Diamond hands. To the moon. Tendies.

Boomer? Is that your make-believe friend's name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Elon musk agreeing to buy-out twitter is like buying a house, waiving your right to hire inspectors to assess the property, signing all the necessary papers, and then demanding that the seller prove there's no termites in the house.