Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Shanghaied posted:

You'll perhaps be surprised to learn that a significant portion of the morons on r/wallstreetbets are still holding onto their gamestop shares more than a year later.

Some smaller short sellers closed down, a lot of established investment firms like Morgan Stanley and Blackrock made out like bandits, selling their previously-worthless gamestop shares to redditers at a huge premium, and redditers are holding the bag.

Instead of merely squeezing short sellers, r/wallstreetbets now believe that gamestop can somehow become a successful business again - something something NFT, something something metaverse. Because if you believe hard enough, it will definitely happen!

I quit Reddit about 2 years ago but this tracks. Also lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Sanctum posted:

Elon musk agreeing to buy-out twitter is like buying a house, waiving your right to hire inspectors to assess the property, signing all the necessary papers, and then demanding that the seller prove there's no termites in the house.

I guarantee you he was inebriated when he did it and is now actively looking for any excuse to back out - only he can’t without having a very good reason
/paying an enormous penalty (which he could absolutely afford) so instead he’s going to tie this up in the courts for years and hope that they either get tired and relent/run out of money or things eventually work out in his favor.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Asterite34 posted:

Toilet stroke?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Cat is already out of the bag. Even if Trump croaks you have DeSantis-es waiting in the wings to take his place.

Mumbling Nuggets
Jan 14, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

Frank Frank posted:

Will check out Big Oyster. Wife and one of the kids are crazy for good oysters

Edit: wait is it food or just a brewery?

Both. Haven't had the oysters there but the brewery started in a restaurant called Fins which supposedly has good oysters, again never got oysters there.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

calandryll posted:

Both. Haven't had the oysters there but the brewery started in a restaurant called Fins which supposedly has good oysters, again never got oysters there.

Oh gently caress yesssss we are 100% doing this for my birthday in august. Thank you.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Asterite34 posted:

Toilet stroke?

That's my secret Olympic swimming technique. (Shhhhhhh!!! It's a secret....)

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

The Last Call posted:

I'm waiting to hear how Musk is being targeted by the elites and all this is being arranged to hurt him.

"Hillary, please, I beg you, don't do this!"

"Sorry Elon, you know how it is. We the Globohomo Elite simply cannot allow geniuses like you to foil our plans." *activates mind control ray*

"No, you don't have to do thi- ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" *begins to sexually harass female employees*

"They always beg in the end, every last one."

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

MaximilianK posted:

Am I the only one surprised that Biden didn't break a hip or something?

Let me tell you about the wonders of adrenochrome.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Sanctum posted:

Elon musk agreeing to buy-out twitter is like buying a house, waiving your right to hire inspectors to assess the property, signing all the necessary papers, and then demanding that the seller prove there's no termites in the house.

It is, yes, only the buyer is rich enough that contract law does not apply to him.

Twitter will not see a dime, even if he has to spend more than a billion in legal fees gumming up proceedings, because Musk is as petty as he is stupid.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It is, yes, only the buyer is rich enough that contract law does not apply to him.

Twitter will not see a dime, even if he has to spend more than a billion in legal fees gumming up proceedings, because Musk is as petty as he is stupid.

Yeah it’s this. He was stoned and agreed to do it as a joke, then realized there were serious ramifications and wants out very badly. The important bit is that it gets him attention (which is ultimately what he wants). He can now draw this out in the courts for years and play the victim while getting people to pay attention to him.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Sanctum posted:

That is how I tried to buy my house but Mrs. Moron had to step in and be "reasonable" or something.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
lol

https://twitter.com/jasondotnews/status/1538229905158283265?s=20

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I replied to Nick Searcy and he called my Mom a communist whore lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Wait that loving guy was at Bonaroo? If so just lmao

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/status/1538224281439674370?s=20&t=4CMQ69-frG7CyE-1ReBH3Q

Hello have you "been replaced"?

- No

So....

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

quote:

Dan Crenshaw & Staff Assaulted

Very disappointed by this misleading headline

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Won't somebody think of the poor well-to-do white trash?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Won't somebody think of the poor well-to-do white trash?

“Man, why are white people ashamed of being white. Sure is a loving mystery”

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
I have an overpowering urge to spray them with a firehose. Just knocking them down and their signs going everywhere.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol should have had their little white power rally before all but 10 of them were replaced

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

All wearing masks like a bunch of sheep

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Lamech posted:

Hello have you "been replaced"?

- No

So....

https://i.imgur.com/UrlqiOh.mp4

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Dapper_Swindler posted:

It’s because he has enough brains to realize trump and the chuds won’t rule the party forever or some cynical poo poo

There is literally no reason to think that.

I mean, his guess is as good as any of ours, but I think Trumpism is the Republican Party from here on out. And if *~*~DEMOGRAPHICS ARE DESTINY~*~* like the Dems have basically bet the future of the country/humanity on, I think the GOP basically becomes a permanent rump party that keeps loving that Trump chicken.

Keep in mind, the GOP did not control the House from, like, 1955 to 1994. The "Conservative Movement" started out as a reaction to FDR's New Deal, and it took until the generation that lived under the Harding/Coolidge/Hoover administrations died out before there was a new generation of suckers willing to swallow their laissez-faire bullshit. They'll fuckin' do it again until the last millennials and zoomers who remember Trump and QAnon and all that poo poo die out and their kids/grandkids (if there are any :lol:) are willing to swallow the bullshit again. :laffo:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Steadiman posted:

All wearing masks like a bunch of sheep

They're wearing black face coverings which I think makes them Antifa. Someone should send the cops around to beat the poo poo out of them.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

we need to save our culture of watching football and drinking beer and eating fast food and shopping at Walmart before it's replaced with a culture of people with darker skin who will watch football and drink beer and eat fast food and shop at Walmart

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Look how brave I am holding my sign with my face covered.

Also I’m not sure what would be worse, another 4 years of trump or 4 years of desantis

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

END OF AN ERROR posted:

Also I’m not sure what would be worse, another 4 years of trump or 4 years of desantis

4 years of Trump = accidentally evil because he does not understand how he is being played by those around him

4 years of DeSantis = intentionally evil and working on implementing fascism as quickly as possible

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

trickybiscuits posted:

I have an overpowering urge to spray them with a firehose. Just knocking them down and their signs going everywhere.

Those urges are natural. It's simply a part of puberty, and there's nothing wrong with experimenting as long as you stay safe (although your dead ancestors are watching you, always, and judging you angrily with their ghost hate). Have a wet and wild time!!!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Zil posted:

4 years of Trump = accidentally evil because he does not understand how he is being played by those around him

4 years of DeSantis = intentionally evil and working on implementing fascism as quickly as possible

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

END OF AN ERROR posted:

4 years of Trump followed by 40 years of DeSantis.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

DeSantis has big Scott Walker energy. As an unabashedly conservative governor of a swing state, he seems like a lock for a future presidential nomination, but then when he actually runs... *wet fart*

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Letting Desantis be president would be like letting your drunken high school gym coach run America. Southerners are out of their league when dealing with literate Americans, let alone foreigners, let alone literate foreigners. If we can't foil that dumb hillbilly's thirst for Hitlerdom then we deserve to suffer.

Gutter Phoenix fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 19, 2022

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Apparently a law enforcement source leaked that police never actually tried the door to the classroom the gunman was in and that it was possibly unlocked since they were supposed to lock automatically when closed but the gunman opened it after it was closed meaning the lock was broken

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

So people are saying Biden and the dems are ganna get slaughtered in upcoming elections. I don’t think this is true or at the very least don’t think it’s a given. The one thing I’ve learned 100% the last decade is that the American public’s memory is exactly one month long. If Biden does something good two weeks before midterms he will sweep. If he does absolutely nothing but something cool one month before 2024 he will win. People “calling it” now have way more faith in the American public than they deserve

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

bold strategy, relying on Biden doing literally anything

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Calico Heart posted:

So people are saying Biden and the dems are ganna get slaughtered in upcoming elections. I don’t think this is true or at the very least don’t think it’s a given. The one thing I’ve learned 100% the last decade is that the American public’s memory is exactly one month long. If Biden does something good two weeks before midterms he will sweep. If he does absolutely nothing but something cool one month before 2024 he will win. People “calling it” now have way more faith in the American public than they deserve

I really don’t think there is gonna be a red wave like everyone is doom posting about. And I also think Biden is waiting to cancel some student debt too right before midterms too. Unfortunately my guess is it will only be $10K, which might have the opposite effect he was hoping, and could piss people off that it isn’t more.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Calico Heart posted:

So the current environment with high inflation, high prices, and low supply of poo poo like cars, housing, and infant formula, favors the opposing party. If these things are as bad as they are now come September/October, it will be a bad election for Dems. If this poo poo is worse, it will be a bloodbath. If poo poo gets better, maybe the Dems hold onto the Senate.

The House situation is bad due to gerrymandering, but this time, unlike the last 10 years, Dems gerrymandered about as well as they could. Unfortunately some big Dem states have laws against the type of abusive gerrymanders that red states have no problem at all doing. Expect Dems to end up with anywhere from -5 to -15 seats. Right now, they're at +4, I believe (were +5 after 2020, just lost a seat in Texas in a special election last week, because some poo poo-Dem quit to be a lobbyist since the district has been drawn out of existence by the Texas GOP).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

END OF AN ERROR posted:

I really don’t think there is gonna be a red wave like everyone is doom posting about. And I also think Biden is waiting to cancel some student debt too right before midterms too. Unfortunately my guess is it will only be $10K, which might have the opposite effect he was hoping, and could piss people off that it isn’t more.

Speaking as someone with just over $10k of student debt from 2017/2018, I think rather than forgive everyone $10k, he should wipe out all student loans that are older than 10 years.

Student loans are supposed to be a 10 year repayment, and the people who have gone beyond that are by far the most hosed. I'm gonna have this student loan paid off by next April, and as nice as it would be for me, personally, to get that cleared away, I think it would be better to target the people who are stuck with an insurmountable debt that just isn't going away for them. I think you'd get a lot more grateful people who might become diehard supporters, vs. the $10k for everyone which, to me, seems like it's going to piss more people off.

But I really don't know.