Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Thomas Nagel argues that while a human might be able to imagine what it is like to be a bat by taking "the bat's point of view", it would still be impossible "to know what it is like for a bat to be a bat." (Townsend's big-eared bat pictured)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
In 2021, the Golden Joystick Awards celebrated 50 Years Of Games and the 1971 launch of Computer Space, by asking the public to vote for the Ultimate Game Of All Time, which was won by Dark Souls. The Best Gaming Hardware of All Time award was won by the Personal Computer and accepted by Gabe Newell.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
The literary tone of Decemberists songs is apparent in the writing style, with a weakness for the charms of archaic language and sesquipedalianism.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

15 years... still mad

quote:

Some might argue that the fact that Pluto has five moons is proof positive that Pluto indeed "clears the neighborhood of its orbit" — and should therefore be reinstated as a planet.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

In 2021, the Golden Joystick Awards celebrated 50 Years Of Games and the 1971 launch of Computer Space, by asking the public to vote for the Ultimate Game Of All Time, which was won by Dark Souls. The Best Gaming Hardware of All Time award was won by the Personal Computer and accepted by Gabe Newell.

lmao

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Categories: Films about gnomes | Films based on Romeo and Juliet

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
To convert any Gregorian calendar year (1912 and after) to ROC calendar, subtract 1911.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
In 1622, several parishioners of Boxgrove, near Chichester in West Sussex, were prosecuted for playing cricket in a churchyard on Sunday 5 May. There were three reasons for the prosecution: one was that it contravened a local by-law; another reflected concern about church windows which may or may not have been broken; the third was that "a little childe had like to have her braines beaten out with a cricket batt".[2]

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

tight aspirations posted:

Thomas Nagel argues that while a human might be able to imagine what it is like to be a bat by taking "the bat's point of view", it would still be impossible "to know what it is like for a bat to be a bat." (Townsend's big-eared bat pictured)
this is a great piece btw

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

On November 22, 1987, a man dressed as Max Headroom who hijacked Chicago's WTTW broadcast of Doctor Who after attempting to hijack WGN-TV (which also aired the show back then) hummed the theme music of Clutch Cargo, and said: "I still see the X" (in reference to the last episode of the show).

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:AMD_x86_CPU_features

this table is 100% unreadable on the actual site

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The conversions became popular with Americans of all races, and several companies manufactured kits to convert late-model cars to pimpmobiles.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe
However the action of making the soil bare and exposed to sun is not good and worms do not like it.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Today's Featured Picture, in all its high-res glory.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Powered Descent posted:

oh wow, i didn't realize my posting was the featured article today.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Steve Bartman seat, Aisle 4, Row 8, Seat 113.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Steve Bartman seat, Aisle 4, Row 8, Seat 113.

This'd be a perfectly valid illustration without the idiot's hairy forearm in the shot.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

As stands it's a great illustration of "your dad really wants to show you where a baseball controversy from 2003 happened, and you're already starting to regret agreeing to go to a Cubs game with him"

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Powered Descent posted:

a true classic of wikipedia

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

the fictional Feltyrion galaxy, which is presented as being approximately 90 thousand light-years in radius - double that of the nonfictional Milky Way Galaxy

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
how many times has that gull been featured

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sham bam bamina! posted:

how many times has that gull been featured

a lot. its all over the internet. world's first e-gull

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Jonny 290 posted:

booo!

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Example of a QR code with artistic embellishment that will still scan correctly thanks to error correction

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Jonny 290 posted:

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Jonny 290 posted:

information pooper flyaway

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

The naming of her masts was always a subject for some discussion (see external link "The Masts of the Thomas W. Lawson"). In the original sail plan and during construction named (fore to aft): 'no. 1 to no. 7', no. 7 being replaced by "spanker mast." The names of the masts changed then to: 'fore, main, mizzen, spanker, jigger, driver, and pusher' at launch and to: 'forecastle, fore, main, mizzen, jigger, and spanker' after launch. Different naming systems ensued, e.g. 'fore, main, mizzen, rusher, driver, jigger, and spanker' or 'fore, main, mizzen, no. 4, no. 5, no. 6, and no. 7', the naming preferred by the crew (which incorporated a possible misunderstanding between "fore" meaning "foremast" and "mast no. four"). Even a naming after the days of the week was discussed with the foremast being named "Sunday" and the spankermast "Saturday".

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

fine im the spankermast

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

y no jizzer

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Every single article about cryptocurrency.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

In my case, estrogen

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Representations of integer numbers in ternary do not get uncomfortably lengthy as quickly as in binary. For example, decimal 365 or senary 1405 corresponds to binary 101101101 (nine digits) and to ternary 111112 (six digits). However, they are still far less compact than the corresponding representations in bases such as decimal – see below for a compact way to codify ternary using nonary (base 9) and septemvigesimal (base 27).

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
The following is a list of centenarians known for reasons other than their longevity. For more lists, see lists of centenarians.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

In my case, estrogen

excuses, excuses

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

The stunt cock is used in an extreme close up so as not to identify its bearer, the goal being to deceive the viewer into thinking that the stunt cock is the penis of the main actor.[1][2] Thus, a stunt cock is analogous to a "stunt man", who anonymously does dangerous live-action sequences in place of the main actor. However, a stunt cock seldom performs dangerous acts on film. Though the term draws its name from this term, its practical application is more analogous to a body double.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

not really *worthless* but more stupid, the wikipedia page for original Skid Row vocalist Sebastian Bach has citation that references a specific historical version of the wikipedia page for his own father to "prove" how many siblings he has

quote:

Bach was born in the Bahamas and was raised in Peterborough, Ontario.[1] He is one of eight children.[2]

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Kazinsal posted:

not really *worthless* but more stupid, the wikipedia page for original Skid Row vocalist Sebastian Bach has citation that references a specific historical version of the wikipedia page for his own father to "prove" how many siblings he has

That's greasy.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

excuses, excuses
It's pretty great actually

All the yes, none of the mess 😏

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Saoshyant/Userboxes/User_goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
He died of alcohol poisoning at the age of fifty-five as a result of a drinking contest, of which he was declared the winner.