Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/JBRRedux/status/1538295107366969344?t=EeHWzB532VmzXybWNNj-qw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/primarycatdad/status/1538276387714383876

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/Liv_Agar/status/1538346385405161472?s=20&t=yXYX0ZzBcSEj5dOO9ha_tg

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

this guy gets booked at kids brithdary parties or what

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

the mongols???

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

(china and russia push a button at UN and their cards both flip to Mongolia, throat singing starts blasting into the auditorium while horse milk is passed out)

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1538179254885679105

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/2_possums/status/1537588448982315010

There are two wolves inside you...

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Antonymous posted:

(china and russia push a button at UN and their cards both flip to Mongolia, throat singing starts blasting into the auditorium while horse milk is passed out)

I'll defect to Sino Soviet Union ft. soundtrack by The Hu

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

uh, does that account watch the video because she is kinda right. (oh jesus lord help me i cant believe im about to post this) the constitution recognizes are rights and protects them, but it is not the thing that gives us our rights. we get those by being living human beings

same

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Idk i kind of assume Oliver actually read the things he rails about while i have no idea what insanity goes througb Joe's head

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yeah JO sucks but not near as much as JR. Plus I doubt he's got the audience. Although I do hate hamilton...

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
What even is Hamilton I've never seen it and I don't really know what it's about besides being a Broadway musical

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

droll posted:

What even is Hamilton I've never seen it and I don't really know what it's about besides being a Broadway musical

founding fathers worship via rap acceptable to affluent white people.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Oliver: here's how a PD is terrorizing a community, the lawsuits therein, and how the system legitimizes crushing these people.
Rogan: you think zoo apes can get gay because of the tshirts people wear to the zoo? Super gay shirts they wear at zoos. But also, like, covid is obviously a chinese bioweapon, it didnt work against me because of lupus drugs and sheep drench. Which all my listeners should do too unless your pussy doctors say otherwise

pillsburysoldier has issued a correction as of 06:32 on Jun 19, 2022

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

poemdexter posted:

founding fathers worship via rap acceptable to affluent white people.

Seriously? I thought it was tangentially about a black man ending slavery lol

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Oliver could be a shitzillion times worse, could be whatever the gently caress happened to the Daily Show and Colbert.

Admittedly, few these days can compare to Cody's Showdy.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

droll posted:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

droll posted:

Hip hop made palatable for the people you hoped it would never appeal to

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

what is the symbolism of the big knockers though? China's rising ability to project power globally?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

January 6 Survivor posted:

what is the symbolism of the big knockers though? China's rising ability to project power globally?

it symbolises that the most erotic part of a woman is the boobies

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

January 6 Survivor posted:

Left ones communism, right one is Chinese characteristics

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/HeathcliffBot/status/1538205005857144833?t=ZHuUjPs4FjWhrElyfZOTzw&s=19

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
you people are insane.

john oliver is loving awesome. i love his show and can't stand hamilton and lib trash

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

you people are insane.

john oliver is loving awesome. i love his show and can't stand hamilton and lib trash

he is lib trash op

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

i assume HBO and whatever LLC produces the john oliver show spend a lot of effort on crunching other people's research into a form suitable for tugging at the heartstrings of college educated center-left americans within the confines of a 30–45 minute TV show running time

the only thing i know about the joe rogan show is the awkward elon musk blunt and the N-word thing but the two shows don't really seem comparable

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

tokin opposition posted:

he is lib trash op

I can't remember him saying that conservatives ideas were worthwhile and good and we should all show decorum to them when fixing their bullshit.

That's a jon stewart thing tho

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Last week tonight is rarely funny but they'll occasionally do a deep dive into an issue which will be solid, I remember a good one about police departments and asset forfeiture (aka stealing poo poo). I think it does a decent job of raising awareness of some of the bullshit that goes on in the US. And he actually had some criticisms of Biden, although I haven't watched in a while so I couldn't say if that has kept up.
But he does really toe the line on foreign affairs stuff, the big Venezuela segment they did during the definitely not a CIA coup was pretty bad.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/invertedhorse/status/1538283241571950592?s=20&t=HPotuFPKJ55aotINyd5eYg

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

johnny olivier is inconsistent and also when trump ran/got elected it became a trump based program

really psychotically 2/3rds of the content suddenly were about trump. jokes about trump. serious trump issues. when under obama it was never like that. weird

he also had some episode about how standardized testing was bad and then like one or two episodes later made some BWAHHH? joke about 'why can't we just test the kids?' or something. no good

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Antonymous posted:

johnny olivier is inconsistent and also when trump ran/got elected it became a trump based program

really psychotically 2/3rds of the content suddenly were about trump. jokes about trump. serious trump issues. when under obama it was never like that. weird

he also had some episode about how standardized testing was bad and then like one or two episodes later made some BWAHHH? joke about 'why can't we just test the kids?' or something. no good

That was just literally all the liberals, Trump's been bullying them nonstop for almost a decade incredibly successfully and they are all loving wrecks

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
John Oliver makes me laugh more than his haters in cspam, so

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
John Oliver paid me to hit his nut sack with a hammer

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/DaveClips/status/1537768697405665280

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

https://twitter.com/Miss_Jess03/status/1538270350244556800

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
I listened to John Oliver's newspaper podcast thing, essentially the same gimic that evolved into last week tonight. It was alright.

He blew up cause he got a voice acting role in smurfs lol