Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i've been hearing about some console issues with online play and connectivity with shredders revenge but I think I'm gonna buy it anyway. It's kind of funny spending 35 bucks on a 2d sidescrolling beatem up in 2022 but also I remember glueing 5c pieces together and feeding them into pay phones and hitting return coin to get 2 dollar coins to play the turtles arcade beat em up as a kid so there's no way this isn't value for money I have to assume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i've been hearing about some console issues with online play and connectivity with shredders revenge but I think I'm gonna buy it anyway. It's kind of funny spending 35 bucks on a 2d sidescrolling beatem up in 2022 but also I remember glueing 5c pieces together and feeding them into pay phones and hitting return coin to get 2 dollar coins to play the turtles arcade beat em up as a kid so there's no way this isn't value for money I have to assume

There's good value for the game for sure. It has achievements and fun little challenges that'll keep you busy solo and with a cast of 7 you can actually get plenty out of it. Local multiplayer is probably the best for it, but I haven't got friends so I can't say. I've yet to try Online.

I can't decide if I like auto run or double-tap run and I think the only real complaint I have at the moment is that stages feel a bit long. I keep clocking in over at 5 minutes but it could be I'm just very slow. I went with Donatello at first, of course, and it could also just be him.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Are FFX/X-2 both on the cartridge, or would I need to buy it new if I want a hardcopy version?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I do not understand this god loving drat loving minigame and it's making me want to kick a metaphorical puppy

BnD was the best part about that game, stick with it and get good.

I never actually beat the game because the final area was hard and I got bored. Maybe I should beat it some time.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Mister Facetious posted:

Are FFX/X-2 both on the cartridge, or would I need to buy it new if I want a hardcopy version?

May be wrong here, but I think most versions are gonna be X-only on cartridge with a download code or whatever for X-2, though I think there's an Asia-release version that does have both on the cartridge. Definitely something you'll want to research on before you buy used.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mister Facetious posted:

Buy the Asian version. American and European have X but X2 is a download.

I really wish I waited...

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I have played both SOR4 and Shredders Revenge I love them both. Been using Raph, laughin and suplexin foot ninjas I love it.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Mister Facetious posted:

Asia/Japan version has both on cart. I went for the Japan version for the nicer cover art.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Mega64 posted:

May be wrong here, but I think most versions are gonna be X-only on cartridge with a download code or whatever for X-2, though I think there's an Asia-release version that does have both on the cartridge. Definitely something you'll want to research on before you buy used.

Yeah if you buy an American or European used and the download code for X-2 has already been redeemed then you're screwed. If you have to have a cart, buy the Asian version new since both are on the cart in English. Or just buy digital.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Inzombiac posted:

I really wish I waited...
Waited? I bought my copy from Amazon Japan and I received it before it was even released domestically.

The FFX/X-2 ESRB/PEGI physical releases are the worst. There's no excuse for X-2 being a download code vs. free DLC or even just a stub title that requires an update. It was a fairly early release so maybe SE just didn't know how to do it properly.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The FFX/X-2 situation is pretty dumb overall and totally inconsistent.

PSVita version - FFX on cart, X-2 was a code for a digital download. The X-2 digital download was a standalone game. So you could play it even without the FFX cart.

Switch US version - FFX on cart, X-2 code for a digital download. The download acts as a patch for FFX, so you can’t play it standalone without the FFX cart.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Walla posted:

Yeah if you buy an American or European used

wouldnt wan t either

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Beat TMNT with Donatello and it's good. Then I started with Michelangelo and I love him. I feel bad cause I always liked Donatello but Mikey's speed is awesome. Can't wait to go through with everyone.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Beat TMNT with Donatello and it's good. Then I started with Michelangelo and I love him. I feel bad cause I always liked Donatello but Mikey's speed is awesome. Can't wait to go through with everyone.

Donnie's my man too. Would you say Mikey's speed makes the game easier? I do notice Donatello's slowness forces you to leverage his reach a bit

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
donatello is for pussies real gamers pick raphael

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Can anyone confirm if the Asian FF10/2 versions let you have japanese audio with eng subs?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Beastie posted:

Don’t want to interrupt turtle chat but:

Neon White is a really good game. The plot is funny enough, the soundtrack slaps, voice acting is hilarious, and the gameplay is unique and addictive.

8/10.

But it’s hard to play drunk.

lol exactly my experience. Tons of fun but if you get a couple of drinks in you then you're done.

Which is too bad because the soundtrack is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taNwhaBQS-0

wash bucket fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 19, 2022

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I am going to buy Shredder's Revenge twice because I want to play it now, but I also don't want to wait until the end of August to get a physical copy.

The developers deserve it

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jun 19, 2022

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Donnie's my man too. Would you say Mikey's speed makes the game easier? I do notice Donatello's slowness forces you to leverage his reach a bit

Yes I would, and it makes it more frenetic too. He's tons of fun and now I really want to try everyone.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Willo567 posted:

I am going to buy Shredder's Revenge twice because I want to play it now, but I also don't want to wait until the end of August to get a physical copy.
I've double-dipped on a handful of Switch games, although not this one.

I own three copies of DOOM I/II/3 for the Switch alone, in addition to all the bazillion other platforms I own one of those on.

I'll soon also own three copies of Axiom Verge once the LRG double set ships. I think those are the only games I own digitally plus two physical copies.

Edit: Oh I do have two physical copies of Disney Classic Games since I had to get the Jungle Book upgrade and it was like $5 more than just buying the DLC.

Also, I don't even know how many copies of Street Fighter II I own between the anniversary collection, the Beat 'Em Up Bundle, Arcade Stadium,.and the Fighting Collection that's coming out. There also PAC-Man in each of the like, four Namco collections. And let's not get started on Tetris (4?) or Puyo-Puyo (lost count) but those are all technically different versions.

ExcessBLarg! fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jun 19, 2022

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Played a couple levels with my husband today! He was Donnie. I picked Splinter. Good times were had.

I will need to rope my brother into it at some point I think...

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The characters in TMNT seem pretty well balanced. I don’t think anyone is OP or trash. I’d say Raph and April are my two favorites, with Mikey and Splinter being my least. I also really appreciate the little nuances in their moves. Certain characters have unique air attacks that make them better suited for certain stuff.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

How does April fight out of curiosity?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

Very well, thank you

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Larryb posted:

shes very fast and fun to play

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I assume she plays similarly to how she did in that Nickelodeon Smash Bros. clone that came out recently in that case (complete with using her microphone as a weapon)?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

shes very fast and fun to play

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
She also has Chun Li’s rising kick.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
The best thing about April is the mic drop

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

https://twitter.com/megatron1877/status/1538311236894371840

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

*appears in the shape of an n64 controller*

BE NOT AFRAID

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Can a console contain so many bits that God Themself could not win an internet flame war over another console being better than it?

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
God should create a joycon that doesn’t drift

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

God should create a joycon that doesn’t drift

As I looked back, at one point I saw that there was only one set of footprints, veering slightly to the right from time to time.

I asked the Lord what this meant and He replied "My child, that is when I carried you (and the entire gd team, let's be honest), but my stick kept drifting because it's poo poo. Like, for real, imaging being Nintendo and releasing a controller in TYOOL 2017 and having it drift THIS BADLY. :wtc:"

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jun 19, 2022

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

flavor.flv posted:

*appears in the shape of an n64 controller*

BE NOT AFRAID

Biblically accurate console controller.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

It certainly had incomprehensible geometries.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

donatello is for pussies real gamers pick raphael

Raphael is a republican

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
oi do not talk poo poo about raph. I will suplex you. :colbert:

Casey takes some time to get used to as he doesnt roll.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I guess you unlock Casey later?

I've tried Raph, Donnie and April so far. April is probably my favorite of those three. I'm up to level 8 I think.

I'm playing on easy and still doing a pretty meh job. Having fun though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Shindragon posted:

oi do not talk poo poo about raph. I will suplex you. :colbert:

Casey takes some time to get used to as he doesnt roll.

I love how he wears literally different hats based on his attacks.