Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Click here for a loud video that shows the S13 winner and company watching the show as Alex announced the final scores.

Paladinus posted:

Wish they could make final episodes more special somehow. I imagine the show's format and budget don't really allow for that, and keeping the more elaborate and flashy tasks evenly spread out works better for attracting casual viewers, but there's always a certain lack of finality to it all.

While it's not quite the same as what you're asking, I do feel like what they try to do is pack some of the most entertaining tasks into the final episode. In particular the last filmed task, which seems to me to usually fall into one of two buckets:
Really well-solved tasks: e.g. S5 song for a stranger, S12 best proposal, S6 express your love for TM
Big chaotic fiasco tasks: e.g. S7 bind yourself/klaxon, S9's seven envelopes, S11 activate Jamali

I think they were going for the former here, while it can't quite measure up to song for a stranger, The House Queens was a pretty great track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

They should do it like the Premier League final day and have all the tasks filmed simultaneously on the day of recording. Just need to make sure the environment doesn't matter too much, have them all in the house together.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

This is my favorite series, even beating Series 7 and NZ Series 2. It was magnificent.

This doesn't have a Rhod or a David chaos monkey or the cast cohesion of NZ. Everyone was a delight in their own distinct channel though. Top five for sure.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
A bunch more outtakes just went up on the YouTube channel, including what I assume is the banter that was missing from one episode (I guess it just got cut for time, it's a pretty good banter section) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9UASo0iAQM

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Best series, best entertainment, I miss them all and they could make the rest of taskmaster just these 5 meeting up once a year to both compete and stop eachother from winning

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Ardal's biting commentary on stage was amazing. Bridget Christie is new to me, and watching her do *anything* was fascinating. I'd watch a Sophie Ducker Netflix special. I'd replace Siri/Alexa with Chris' voice if I could. Maybe I can make my text alert "No Way!" Judi is okay. I already knew her from "This is My House," a show that showed some interesting promise then kinda pissed it away.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol sophie on the podcast saying that the tongue challenge, on the bright side, resulted in lots of interested DMs from queer women

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Sophie Duker is a strong new entrant into the "Taskmaster women I am now in love with" category, alongside Aisling Bea and Alice Levine.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

eke out posted:

lol sophie on the podcast saying that the tongue challenge, on the bright side, resulted in lots of interested DMs from queer women

Not surprising, tbh. Also the paint-using-your-lips task.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

sebzilla posted:

Sophie Duker is a strong new entrant into the "Taskmaster women I am now in love with" category, alongside Aisling Bea and Alice Levine.

This but also Morgana Robinson, Charlotte Ritchie and Jessica Knappett.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Yes, but have you considered Chris Ramsey.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

oh jay posted:

Yes, but have you considered Chris Ramsey.

No way!

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I love so much how Judi just drops doing the biking task in favor of doing a nice photo op with Alex.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Great cast all around and pulling the basket off the bike is probably the best "solution" to any task in any series. Its still going wrong just felt right.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Psychepath posted:

Great cast all around and pulling the basket off the bike is probably the best "solution" to any task in any series. Its still going wrong just felt right.

Bridget, as the person who was trying to really laterally solve every task she could, found a way that worked brilliantly, only to mess up one of the rules.
Alex definitely should've also tested that task more and assumed people wouldn't find the secret words

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
still a couple eps behind but i swear i heard a snippet of the bbc preview guy saying "is it art or an STD" lol

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Honestly, kudos to them for making a task that could be exploited in so many ways. We have:

- Take the basket off (Bridget)
- Move the arrows (Sophie)
- Physically block the bike (Judi, Sophie)
- Assault the bike (Judi)

They seem to lean towards making the more obvious lateral solutions disabled by the rules, but having a task where the gloves are off is a blast to watch as well.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

My first thought was definitely either break the bike or throw Alex off the bike, but the basket coming off works too.

Xelkelvos posted:

Bridget, as the person who was trying to really laterally solve every task she could, found a way that worked brilliantly, only to mess up one of the rules.
Alex definitely should've also tested that task more and assumed people wouldn't find the secret words

I don't think she was trying so much as she can't really seem to think non-laterally. She seems like she'd be pretty hard to work with, although it's funny to watch. Not surprising Alex got annoyed.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Yeah, Bridget was fascinating to watch because she absolutely wanted to play within the rules, but she just cannot function on that basis. I need to see more of her work to form a better opinion, but per this Taskmaster series, she's 99% alien and I'm into it.

I need gifs of her taste-testing the pipette.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

Yeah, Bridget was fascinating to watch because she absolutely wanted to play within the rules, but she just cannot function on that basis.

I don't want to diagnose someone on the basis of a very silly TV show, but remember the episode where part of the task was "don't take the fishtank out the room" and Bridget read that aloud, in no way registered any of the information, and immediately ran out of the room with the fishtank?

Yeah, I got a message from a relative of mine who is a 38 year old woman recently diagnosed with ADHD, saying "That's what living in my head is like! That's ADHD in women! That's why I once left my child at the Tesco meat counter!"

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Lolly did that too and I still think about it sometimes.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

SlothfulCobra posted:

My first thought was definitely either break the bike or throw Alex off the bike, but the basket coming off works too.

Judi just kinda bullying Alex off of the bike and breaking it was so funny.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Irisi posted:

I don't want to diagnose someone on the basis of a very silly TV show, but remember the episode where part of the task was "don't take the fishtank out the room" and Bridget read that aloud, in no way registered any of the information, and immediately ran out of the room with the fishtank?

Yeah, I got a message from a relative of mine who is a 38 year old woman recently diagnosed with ADHD, saying "That's what living in my head is like! That's ADHD in women! That's why I once left my child at the Tesco meat counter!"

I mean, that's ADHD in men too. We're not different really, women just aren't allowed to be ADHD-y which makes it all that much harder, and have to cope best they can still. Society rules are hard to play - especially when you can't remember them even as you're reading them!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Judi's facial expressions and bullshit are the stuff of legends.

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
We have our Taskmaster NZ cast for season three

Chris Parker is the only one I'm familiar with, he definitely seems like he'll try way too hard.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Not sure why I clicked on the link goven that I know exactly one Kiwi comedian and he's already been on the show, but it's a good sign it'll be starting soon. Man, that second series was good.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Judi's facial expressions and bullshit are the stuff of legends.

Yeah, I really liked Judi, and I was sad she didn’t get to win an episode.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Captain_Person posted:

We have our Taskmaster NZ cast for season three

Chris Parker is the only one I'm familiar with, he definitely seems like he'll try way too hard.

justine smith and paul ego are like elder statesmen of nz comedy, josh thompson will be extremely chaotic. not that familiar with kura forrester's stuff.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Unfortunately my vpn of choice (Mullvad/Mozilla) didn't seems to work with nz tv at the moment. Hopefully it stays working again before the show starts.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
I actually recognise most of these people from Have You Been Paying Attention NZ, which is a weekly news quiz thingy they do (and is often quite funny.)

Pablo Bluth posted:

Unfortunately my vpn of choice (Mullvad/Mozilla) didn't seems to work with nz tv at the moment. Hopefully it stays working again before the show starts.

I know, Reddit, but https://www.reddit.com/r/panelshow/new/ is usually pretty helpful when new international Taskmaster comes out.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I managed to forget for the entire time season 13 was airing that Bridget Christie is married to Stewart Lee. That must be the most bizarre household.

I’m glad Sophie won she was my favourite this season

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Been thinking about potential future contestants and how good Lee Evans would be in the "elder statesman" role if he could be coaxed out of retirement.

Imagine he'd need three or four changes of outfit instead of the regulation two just to deal with all the sweating though.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lee Evans retiring was one of the best things ever to happen to British comedy

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Good grief, I haven’t thought about Lee Evans in about 10 years.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
An entire career made out of falling over and sweating.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Trash comedy

e: don’t forget he also makes wacky faces

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Instead of the usual "I want X", what are people's (realistic/feasible*) nightmare line-up? I've come up with:

James Cordon: a regular series appearance would need his talkshow to finish, but a NY appearance is possible.
Davina McCall: TM would probably make me like her, but normally she rubs me the wrong way.
Brendan O'Carroll: Despite being awful, Mrs Brown's Boys was big.

I haven't decided on the remaining two.

* no dead people, or Americans who wouldn't appear on British TV.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ricky Gervais, Rachel Riley and Graham Lineham could all realistically appear and would all be awful (Lineham seems unlikely now but a few years ago he'd probably have snuck in).

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Pablo Bluth posted:

Instead of the usual "I want X", what are people's (realistic/feasible*) nightmare line-up? I've come up with:

James Cordon: a regular series appearance would need his talkshow to finish, but a NY appearance is possible.
Davina McCall: TM would probably make me like her, but normally she rubs me the wrong way.
Brendan O'Carroll: Despite being awful, Mrs Brown's Boys was big.

I haven't decided on the remaining two.

* no dead people, or Americans who wouldn't appear on British TV.

Already happened with the Edinburgh TM event with all the suits.

James Cordon would be pretty poo poo too though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

stev posted:

Ricky Gervais, Rachel Riley and Graham Lineham could all realistically appear and would all be awful (Lineham seems unlikely now but a few years ago he'd probably have snuck in).
Gervais strikes me as someone who would consider himself above TM.