Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Heath posted:

Is... Is that from 2 years ago or just recently

lmao he's still at it with the coffee bullshit.

https://twitter.com/jerrysaltz/status/1537782683400605696

I still go back and forth on whether he's some sort of elaborate troll or a mentally unwell man who's convinced himself he's just a charming eccentric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Emily Spinach posted:

From the comments on the tweet he just bought it recently to finally learn how to make coffee.

I'm a little rusty because I've been out of that job for a while, but I'm fairly sure that's a Breville coffeemaker that they haven't made in a while. It used to be like $200? I don't think they've sold it in at least 5 years now. I guess "recently" can be a fairly flexible word when you're 71 and talking about wanting to learn to make your own coffee, like he decided a decade ago that he should do it and that was "recent."

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
It's boomer brain. He wants to fail. Him failing at doing basic tasks proves that he was right to never want to change.

Like, if you teach a boomer to deposit cheques with their phone, they will soon experience a minor inconvenience with the system and then go back to the major inconvenience of driving to the bank and waiting in line.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Baron von Eevl posted:

I'm a little rusty because I've been out of that job for a while, but I'm fairly sure that's a Breville coffeemaker that they haven't made in a while. It used to be like $200? I don't think they've sold it in at least 5 years now. I guess "recently" can be a fairly flexible word when you're 71 and talking about wanting to learn to make your own coffee, like he decided a decade ago that he should do it and that was "recent."

Pretty much. He's been weird about coffee for so long that people have been giving him coffee makers for years. He stores them in his dishwasher.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Baron von Eevl posted:

Isn't Australian green curry like a vegetable mince that's then stewed into a mush and may or may not have a little curry powder?

That's Ki Si Minh. Which is one of those dishes both us and NZ claim but regardless was invented by some housewife in the 50s for a cooking magazine based on hearsay about something a relative ate in Asia during WW2.

It's generally not stewed into a mush though it's cooked as just a spiced meat onion and carrot mince then fresh or steamed shredded cabbage is added at the end so it still has crunch. Does have keens curry though.

We have really good actual Thai food though, ki si minh is just a weird relic.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

McCracAttack posted:

Pretty much. He's been weird about coffee for so long that people have been giving him coffee makers for years. He stores them in his dishwasher.

Don't cook or eat out or have takeout? Wtf does he eat? Granola bars?

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Oh gently caress yeah coffee chat

Gas station coffee is good, because the turnover is so quick. It's almost always freshly brewed unless you're getting some at a really remote station or at a weird time of day (like 330am).

The coffee itself might be of questionable origin, you're not getting single source artisanal beans with notes of chocolate and marigolds or whatever but it'll be hot, fresh, and full of caffeine.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Having some real flashbacks of that video of the healthy salad full of mayo and sugar

Just remembered the "Simply Sarah" video where she starts off by telling viewers that the reason she hasn't done videos for a good while was because she died. (They brought her back.)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Just remembered the "Simply Sarah" video where she starts off by telling viewers that the reason she hasn't done videos for a good while was because she died. (They brought her back.)

Like she died for a couple of minutes on the operating table or what

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lol if you haven't been subbed to simply Sara this whole time

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Dr. Stab posted:

I've talked to some enthusiasts about nice hot sauces. A habanero is a genuinely good tasting fruit and some sauces have some good mixes of flavours to bring out the sweetness of the pepper.

far from an expert but Marie Sharp's Beware is a perfect example of this. Yes the sauce is pretty friggin' hot, but the fruity undertones are fantastic.

Dr. Stab posted:

Of course, then there's the butthole destroyer crowd. Just chugging capsaicin extract for the pain. And, it sucks cause sauces seem to be marketed entirely towards this crowd. It's like buying soy sauce and all the packages are telling you how extremely salty they are and how hardcore that is and how eating it will cause you to die and become a skeleton.

Which is funny because for a lot of wing places, the only difference between "heat level" in their sauces is how much salt they add.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Heath posted:

Like she died for a couple of minutes on the operating table or what

No she was embalmed and buried and after two years Baby Jesus rose her.

E: also re:the fruity undertones of hot peppers; the reason why normal people don't eat scoville nerds' favourite dishes is because they're always disgustingly sweet.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 16:23 on Jun 19, 2022

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1538399223317676035

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Bet he couldn't even name them all.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Zil posted:

Bet he couldn't even name them all.

IIRC, the last time he tried, he came up with a name that isn't legal in the State of California.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/BadLegalTakes/status/1538530276216778753?s=20&t=s5sxSHlCLLSovVLbXdlHFg

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lol the man who has to wish a happy's father's day to himself lmao definitely not a lonely creep.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
One of the wealthiest people alive and he's an idiot gently caress wit who can't remember all his children's names. What a pathetic arse.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

There's a lot of culinary crimes committed that involve mayo in the US.

mayo is hated in the us pretty much everywhere outside of potato / macaroni salad. east asia is putting mayo on pizza

Josef bugman posted:

One of the wealthiest people alive and he's an idiot gently caress wit who can't remember all his children's names. What a pathetic arse.

i bet he doesnt even remember his non grimes kids exist.

2nd level spells posted:

What? Mayonnaise is the US's most popular condiment.

not anywhere ive lived. ketchup on fries mayo in non fruit / vegetable salads . sometimes mayo on a sandwhich or burg but mostly mustard or bbq sauce on sandwhichs and ketchup and mustard on burgs. i lived all over and i currently live in rural nc. somewhere you would think they would go hard with mayo and ive never been to a bbq or gathering where it was used in a food crimes way. light spread to moisten a sandwhich or a dab on some burgs. i did see a kid dip his hot dog into the jar once but he was like 2 and probably just trying something.

snergle has a new favorite as of 17:12 on Jun 19, 2022

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's also a pretty common sandwich spread.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Also delicious with french fries.

2nd level spells
Apr 3, 2022

snergle posted:

mayo is hated in the us pretty much everywhere outside of potato / macaroni salad. east asia is putting mayo on pizza

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

2nd level spells posted:

I thought that was salsa.

Edit: I guess that was just an old joke on Seinfeld.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Skwirl posted:

I thought that was salsa.

Edit: I guess that was just an old joke on Seinfeld.

We just like to say salsa

e: and the popularity of seltzah has diminished

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Mayo is only good when combined with raisins.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

While we are on food and idiots, below is linked an article titled "How Millennials Killed Mayonnaise" which is a phenomenal write-up about mayo.

Teaser:

"MY SON JAKE, who’s 25, eats mayo. He’s a practical young man who works in computers and adores macaroni salad. He’s a good son. I also have a daughter. She was a women’s and gender studies major in college. Naturally, she loathes mayonnaise."

Full article: https://www.phillymag.com/news/2018/08/11/mayonnaise-industry-millennials/

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Jesus I hope their dad doesn't use twitter.

https://twitter.com/vinumsabbathi3/status/1538558404934893572?s=20&t=najbJqME6FENwywCnNRMzA

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

There's a lot of culinary crimes committed that involve mayo in the US.

This is a shibboleth for americans lol. USA isn't even top ten for mayo abominations.

It's the new "one taco bell taco made me poo poo my pants explosively for three days."

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

The equal time regulations were repealed in 2009 because they made absolutely no sense any more. Also they caused big problems for Law & Order reruns since a cast member ran in the Republican presidential primary.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

hawowanlawow posted:

lol if you haven't been subbed to simply Sara this whole time
in which sense

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Arivia posted:

The equal time regulations were repealed in 2009 because they made absolutely no sense any more. Also they caused big problems for Law & Order reruns since a cast member ran in the Republican presidential primary.

Those equal time regulations wouldn't apply to the Jan 6 hearings, like, if that was still the law and MSNBC aired six hours of the Jan 6 hearings, they wouldn't be obligated to let Donald Trump speak for 6 hours afterwards. Those had to do with candidates running in an election, it might have applied if both Qanon Shaman and Donald Trump were running for the same office, but neither of them have declared their candidacy.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Arivia posted:

Lol that guy sucked poo poo and then he died.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Dr. Stab posted:

Don't cook or eat out or have takeout? Wtf does he eat? Granola bars?

Jerry Saltz is a very unusual person who also exaggerates his life for dramatic effect. He put out an article in 2020 after people commented on his bizarre coffee habits - TLDR is that he had an abusive childhood where he never learned to cook, developed an eating disorder of some kind, finally married a similarly deeply weird art critic and together excluded everything that wasn't immediately connected to reviewing galleries from their lives. They eat microwave reheated chicken and greens from the local deli and that's about it.

It's funny how many couples and families out there seem to live in these little bubbles of weirdness that has become normality and are only punctured when an outsider finally looks in and goes "what the gently caress are you guys doing??".

darkwasthenight has a new favorite as of 18:59 on Jun 19, 2022

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Jesus Christ. :smith:

2nd level spells
Apr 3, 2022
At least they have eachother.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Oh, he's still a Weird Little Guy but they seem very happy and he reacted to the bubble pokers with "we're having a great time in here, why is it your problem?" which is, I think, the only correct answer.

I don't think I'd even heard of him before that article but something about it stuck with me. He's a good writer.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

darkwasthenight posted:

Oh, he's still a Weird Little Guy but they seem very happy and he reacted to the bubble pokers with "we're having a great time in here, why is it your problem?" which is, I think, the only correct answer.

I don't think I'd even heard of him before that article but something about it stuck with me. He's a good writer.

IDK if someone buying two weeks worth of coffee from a gas station is having a great time

Dr. Stab posted:

It's boomer brain. He wants to fail. Him failing at doing basic tasks proves that he was right to never want to change.

Like, if you teach a boomer to deposit cheques with their phone, they will soon experience a minor inconvenience with the system and then go back to the major inconvenience of driving to the bank and waiting in line.

Yeah, the old "do the job poorly so I don't have to make a change" routine

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

is that the Maddox from that old internet site or a different one?

Also saw this pop up:

https://twitter.com/ChristianWalk1r/status/1538587573131481088

For context:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr5fqXVSWVo

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Very hard to imagine how someone who cannot make a cup of coffee could possibly have anything to offer in the field of art criticism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Anora posted:

is that the Maddox from that old internet site or a different one?

different, old internet maddox is @maddoxrules