Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Key Offseason Dates:

June 23
NBA draft day.

June 29
Last day for decisions on player, team, and early termination options (certain contracts will require earlier decisions).
Last day for teams to make qualifying offers to players eligible for restricted free agency.

June 30
Last official day of the 2021/22 NBA league year.
Last day for players eligible for veteran extensions in 2021/22 to sign them.
Teams can begin negotiating with free agents (5:00pm CT
).

July 1
Official start of the 2022/23 NBA league year.
Moratorium period begins.
Restricted free agents can sign an offer sheet.

Teams can begin signing players to rookie scale contracts, minimum salary contracts, and two-way contracts.
Teams can begin exercising the third- or fourth-year team options for 2023/24 on rookie scale contracts.

July 6
Moratorium period ends (11:01am CT)
Teams can begin officially signing players, extending players, and completing trades (11:01am CT).
The two-day period for matching an RFA offer sheet signed during the moratorium begins.

July 7-17
Las Vegas Summer League.

July 13
Last day for teams to unilaterally withdraw qualifying offers to restricted free agents.

August 31
Last day for teams to waive players and apply the stretch provision to their 2022/23 salaries.

September 5
Last day for teams to issue required tenders to unsigned second-round picks; those players become free agents on September 6 if not tendered.

Late September (specific dates TBA)
Training camps open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

updating calendar for when the bulls are officially BACK

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Looking at that I'm actually traveling out of the country for free agency. That'll make it easy harder to shitpost.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
If anyone can’t wait until the 7th for Summer league, the Warriors, Heat, Kings, and Lakers will play the California Classic on July 2nd and 3rd.

Saturday, July 2

Lakers vs. Heat; 2 p.m.
Kings vs. Warriors; 4:30 p.m.

Sunday, July 3

Heat vs. Kings; 2 p.m.
Lakers vs. Warriors; 4:30 p.m.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The big question is when is Westbrook gonna exercise his player option, cuz if he doesn’t do it before the draft he can really, really gently caress over the Lakers and their attempts to trade him.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Finally it's the week of the most important nba event in June

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Meditating and drinking herbal teas, preparing myself to enter the Deal Mindset.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It’s bullshit the kings aren’t hosting the California Classic. It’s meaningless garbage but it was our meaningless garbage

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
I have a question for you die hard fans. What happens to the luxury tax money in the NBA? I Know how it works in MLB.
Is the money divided up between the other teams or what?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

chilihead posted:

I have a question for you die hard fans. What happens to the luxury tax money in the NBA? I Know how it works in MLB.
Is the money divided up between the other teams or what?

it's divided up between all non-taxpayer teams

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Congratulations to Jalen Harris on surviving his one season suspension for "a drug of abuse."

Is there any chance he ends up anywhere in the NBA system or is he likely done forever?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1538564693366693889?s=20&t=daVIWPwJ7Hu-0PIx66KZFA

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Happy offseason everyone. Go Raps

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Same, except to all father's besides Karl Malone

gently caress you.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
I know this is late but the Celtics just seemed tired late in the series, especially Tatum. No excuse, but i can easily see them getting back. Just have to keep adding depth.

Few days out from the draft wondering how the Magic can screw this up again. On the one hand, going by track record, incoming Hall of Famer! On the other hand, who the hell might that be?

Congratulations Lakers on your future big man!

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

chilihead posted:

I know this is late but the Celtics just seemed tired late in the series, especially Tatum. No excuse, but i can easily see them getting back. Just have to keep adding depth.

Few days out from the draft wondering how the Magic can screw this up again. On the one hand, going by track record, incoming Hall of Famer! On the other hand, who the hell might that be?

Congratulations Lakers on your future big man!

Tatum played the most minutes ever (or like last 50 years or something) so not terribly surprising.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Happy Father’s Day from the BOSSMANN

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
what is the backstory for the clippers not being allowed at the california classic, lmao?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/1538599571223457798?s=21&t=nQlx_D_PnVcgjVcBC5tMIQ

Marc Gasol just led his club to the top flight in Spain. (He is also the founder and the president while being an active player)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lady Radia posted:

what is the backstory for the clippers not being allowed at the california classic, lmao?

Apparently they declined to participate the first time around and were subsequently never invited back.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I heard the Clippers demanded hosting rights or special concessions or something like that

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

How do you demand to host when you play in someone elses stadium?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

How do you demand to host when you play in someone elses stadium?

Airbnb style

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

NickRoweFillea posted:

https://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/1538599571223457798?s=21&t=nQlx_D_PnVcgjVcBC5tMIQ

Marc Gasol just led his club to the top flight in Spain. (He is also the founder and the president while being an active player)

Thats cool but seems like it could be a dangerous mix of ownership and labor.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Oh don't worry, EU basketball has lots of things way more exploitive than that.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
https://twitter.com/SamSheehanNBA/status/1538617520059564034

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Props to Marc Gasol for bringing back anarcho-syndicalism from the Spanish Revolution

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

WhyteRyce posted:

I heard the Clippers demanded hosting rights or special concessions or something like that

Let’s be real it’s also easier to host a mini tournament of four teams instead of five.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

This is America.txt

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Meditating and drinking herbal teas, preparing myself to enter the Deal Mindset.

Wait are we heading back to The Deal Zone?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Lady Radia posted:

The Clippers are going all-in on getting some rest this offseason

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

https://twitter.com/money23green/status/1537934880796856321?s=21&t=Zyier6FxPXt8hn3cHegheg

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

This is very true, with the only exceptions being section80, and also good kid maad city, and also untitled unmastered. And also none of his mixtapes. And also the warriors won a title in a year he didnt release an album, and also, they won one in the 70s, and also one in the 50s, and also one in the 40s. But hey 3 out of 7 isnt too bad. Or 3 out of 12 if you look at it the other way around

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I mean the stat is Kendrick released an album during the year in which the current dynasty warriors won a ring, not that Kendrick Lamar has never released an album during any years outside of it.

Basically the point is the warriors won a ring during a year in which Kendrick has released an album.

Also 2018 had the black panther soundtrack which is, basically, a Kendrick album; or at least, saying it’s not a Kendrick album would be like saying Watch the Throne isn’t a Kanye album.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

nachos posted:

It’s a very low bar to clear but most owners are unable to reverse their ingrained billionaire programming. NBA teams are going to turn a profit no matter what, so owner basically has to make a decision between a fuckton of money or slightly less than fuckton.

gently caress, I know this poo poo all too-well. My beloved 49ers got blown up because Jed York couldn't sit on his loving hands and watch the money printer spin after a Super Bowl run.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Algund Eenboom posted:

This is very true, with the only exceptions being section80, and also good kid maad city, and also untitled unmastered. And also none of his mixtapes. And also the warriors won a title in a year he didnt release an album, and also, they won one in the 70s, and also one in the 50s, and also one in the 40s. But hey 3 out of 7 isnt too bad. Or 3 out of 12 if you look at it the other way around

I'm fine with Kendrick albums being a necessary but not sufficient condition of Warriors' recent rings if we get more dope Kendrick albums.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Be humble.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

It's fine lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Booyah- posted:

It's fine lol

I think you missed the joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

:master: