Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Is anyone doing that?

Yes, there are people who post on these forums in fact, though that was before more news came out so I suspect/hope it is no longer the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
If Ms. Marvel is Marvel Studios doing a quirky high school coming of age comedy, and She-Hulk is them doing a single female lawyer style workplace dramady, then I hope Wonder Man ends up being them doing a weirdly meta showbiz production comedy, because those can be pretty funny

Marvel's Tropic Thunder, I guess you could describe it as. Maybe this is how people get their Tom Cruise as Tony Stark (but not really) cameo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Here's what WB could put out to distract us from Ezra Miller

https://twitter.com/CutSchumacher/status/1537423120751009793?s=20&t=2EEaneFpzep32AXFy8d0ew

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I don't think anyone in here was trying to defend Miller, we knew they were getting drunk and fighting people seemingly at random, obviously spiraling out of control. What I think was happening was some people were holding off on accusing the queer person of being a groomer before knowing if the trans teen was running away from homophobic parents or something more understandable.

It was always a 90% chance of famous psycho kidnaping but now it's 99.9999%.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Hey so I finally saw Everything Everywhere All At Once and gently caress all y'all who tried to compare this to Multiverse of Madness. The only thing they have in common is the concept of a multiverse, not even the mechanics of it, just the concept of it.

Also, everyone should see EEAAO if this doesn't clean up at awards season, those things are even more bullshit than I already believe them to be.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

Anyone defending Ezra Miller needs to read this:

https://lastrealindians.com/news/2022/6/10/chief-bear-testifies-ezra-miller-groomed-my-niece

Then they can gently caress right off. Ezra Miller is scum.

:captainpop: :dogstare: :bustem:

just read this and gat DAMB

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

if i was offered millions of dollars to star in a big budget hollywood production i would simply not groom children or kidnap people or throw chairs at women. its not that hard i dont think

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Phenotype posted:

if i was offered millions of dollars to star in a big budget hollywood production i would simply not groom children or kidnap people or throw chairs at women. its not that hard i dont think

Let they who have not groomed a vulnerable youth throw the first stone.

*ducks tons of stones*

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Cythereal posted:

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1537512083251765256

From a quick google, Wonder Man looks like 'hot mess bisexual Superman.' Sure, I'm on board.

Cythereal posted:

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1537512083251765256

From a quick google, Wonder Man looks like 'hot mess bisexual Superman.' Sure, I'm on board.

Cythereal posted:

Are you a bot?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Soonmot posted:

Hey so I finally saw Everything Everywhere All At Once and gently caress all y'all who tried to compare this to Multiverse of Madness. The only thing they have in common is the concept of a multiverse, not even the mechanics of it, just the concept of it.

Also, everyone should see EEAAO if this doesn't clean up at awards season, those things are even more bullshit than I already believe them to be.

I think the situation was people who watched both were confused that anyone would conflate the two. They are vastly different films

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Joe Fisto posted:

He's been around a little recently. He is now a complete pacifist.

The only two Wonder Man appearances I can think of is 1. Showing up in large events and being a smug douche about his pacifism and how the Avengers only ever solve problems they created themselves and 2. Being cruelly and viciously attacked by Hercules. Luckily Ares was around to save him.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The only two Wonder Man appearances I can think of is 1. Showing up in large events and being a smug douche about his pacifism and how the Avengers only ever solve problems they created themselves and 2. Being cruelly and viciously attacked by Hercules. Luckily Ares was around to save him.

Could be very wrong but I think he was in the recent Avengers Forever series refusing to fight a bunch of multidimensional Red Skulls

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

2. Being cruelly and viciously attacked by Hercules. Luckily Ares was around to save him.
"Oh no, an unseen assailant has laid my teammate low!" *swings chunk of concrete*

Almost as good as "In accordance with SHIELD regulation 103(c) I am using force to protect the life of my teammate against a lethal threat" --No, I'm not/No, he's not. "I cannot hear you over the sound of returning fire!"

Incredible Hercules was such a great book for most of its run.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
low level scandals
https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1537999943872282624?t=ouJQSg8LecZiyjcvk-xtCw&s=19

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Just a little seeming pedophilia. No biggie.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

I didn't realize the movie was already filmed. I was hoping they'd just do a recast and put Grant Gustin in it instead. Dude's kept his nose clean for 8 years, right? Seems like a nice guy, got that cool meme with him smiling in front of the gravestone.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Phenotype posted:

I didn't realize the movie was already filmed. I was hoping they'd just do a recast and put Grant Gustin in it instead. Dude's kept his nose clean for 8 years, right? Seems like a nice guy, got that cool meme with him smiling in front of the gravestone.

Filmed wrapped in October of last year, I thought it was even longer than that.

Beyond the ghoulishness of it all, I'm vaguely interested in seeing people's reactions when it comes out in two years.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

I wonder if it's still an option regardless. Didn't they replace Kevin Spacey with another actor in some movie that had wrapped before his accusers had stepped forward? I mean, you can't release a movie that stars a known kidnapper pedophile who's fled the police. I think they've gotta either quietly can it or suck it up and reshoot with another actor.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah it was a Getty movie that was fully shot and ready to roll out but then they reshot it all with Christopher Plummer. They're definitely banking on people just forgetting about all this by the time it's out but Ezra keeps doing more and worse stuff and WB sticking to their guns is looking more and more bad as attention keeps getting drawn to it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Phenotype posted:

I wonder if it's still an option regardless. Didn't they replace Kevin Spacey with another actor in some movie that had wrapped before his accusers had stepped forward? I mean, you can't release a movie that stars a known kidnapper pedophile who's fled the police. I think they've gotta either quietly can it or suck it up and reshoot with another actor.

A big issue there I suspect is that it's a lot easier to replace someone in something that isn't a gigantic big budget blockbuster. It unfortunately isn't just as easy as swap EZRA.JPG with NOTEZRA.jpg and not have it look like poo poo even discounting all the live action stuff.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's time for the VFX team to use all the skills they learned editing that mustache off of Cavill's face, this time for the opposite purpose: giving Ezra a big huge mustache in all their shots to make them look like someone else.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Arist posted:

It's time for the VFX team to use all the skills they learned editing that mustache off of Cavill's face, this time for the opposite purpose: giving Ezra a big huge mustache in all their shots to make them look like someone else.

Just hire the team that did Army of the Dead and pay them double what they're worth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzT3SoBfEaQ

Relevant part is near the end of the video but the rest of it is cool too.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
All of Getty's scenes in that movie take place in like two rooms with minimal interaction with most of the cast, except for one in the desert where Plummer has very clearly been shoddily green screened into what was obviously an on-location shoot.

That's not going to work for The Flash.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Yeah, if they wanted to re-cast Ezra at this point they would have to basically re-shoot the whole film since they would be replacing the star (way too expensive, no way in hell they'll do that) or CG another actor's head or something onto Ezra's (still probably very expensive to do well, but probably not as much as re-shooting).

WB is probably going to do neither and hope this doesn't blow up enough to really damage the movie.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If anything it seems like it would be easier to do for a comic book movie, they're like 80% green screen anyways

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Opopanax posted:

If anything it seems like it would be easier to do for a comic book movie, they're like 80% green screen anyways

They're a lot of green screen but also more actor than people often expect.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
just slap on some text like they did for the end of Blood Depts

https://youtu.be/u61F_qvdid0

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My kid saw the Raimi Spider-Man ad on Disney+ and asked if there was a new Spidey show. I said “no, they just added some of the old movies”, and he asked me “Oh, like Homecoming?” :corsair:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Opopanax posted:

My kid saw the Raimi Spider-Man ad on Disney+ and asked if there was a new Spidey show. I said “no, they just added some of the old movies”, and he asked me “Oh, like Homecoming?” :corsair:

"No, the ones before that."
"Oh, the Andrew Garfield ones?"
"No, the ones BEFORE that."
"The one with the really old guy from No Way Home?"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Shoul've told him "I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Blockhouse posted:

All of Getty's scenes in that movie take place in like two rooms with minimal interaction with most of the cast, except for one in the desert where Plummer has very clearly been shoddily green screened into what was obviously an on-location shoot.

That's not going to work for The Flash.

Just say it's an effect of the Speed Force :v:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Codependent Poster posted:

Shoul've told him "I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye."

“Oh…I’m..im sorry dad…”

“You want forgiveness? Get religion.”

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Instead of recasting Barry Allen let's just get a Wally West movie instead.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Release the Ezra cut to hbomax

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Just shoot an opening coda and epilogue with a different Flash actor. Have him narrate how the speed force changed his face for this one exciting adventure. But he's still the same character and he definitely doesn't get into random fiat fights or groom children.

In other news, I'm not 100% sure if this goes in this thread but why not.
There is a new Audio Batman story.
No, not the HBO one with Jeffrey Wright as Batman (which was decent. I only saw two episodes of it online.)

This is called Batman:Unburried and it's out on Spotify.
I only found out about it this week but it'sbeen really good.
It's a solid Batman story, very much it's own universe so they can take some liberties and leave the audience off kilter. Very good cast (that's mostly people of colour.) So if you want to see what Winston Duke (Mumbaku from Black Panther) would sound like as Batman, I do recommend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt892Lx6_Zg

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

“Oh…I’m..im sorry dad…”

“You want forgiveness? Get religion.”

"What are you talking about?"

"I'll explain it after you FIX THIS drat DOOR"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Honestly I could see them pulling that off. I've seen all this because I keep up with movie news/comic news, but I haven't seen crossover much into "mainstream" news since they're not a star on par with a Ben Affleck or a Robert Pattinson. A lot of people I know couldn't pick Miller out of a lineup, and I haven't really seen a lot of advertisement for it either (plus I feel like when it does come out they're gonna do their best to not have Miller be involved in the press tour at all).

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope nobody got the impression I was defending Ezra just cause I noted there was a video from the kid explaining their side. I specifically said I wasn't going to watch it cause the kind of people spreading it were shady as hell.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

TwoPair posted:

Honestly I could see them pulling that off. I've seen all this because I keep up with movie news/comic news, but I haven't seen crossover much into "mainstream" news since they're not a star on par with a Ben Affleck or a Robert Pattinson. A lot of people I know couldn't pick Miller out of a lineup, and I haven't really seen a lot of advertisement for it either (plus I feel like when it does come out they’re gonna do their best to not have Miller be involved in the press tour at all).

Uhhhh he’s on the run mate lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
He means hiring more security to keep him from busting in.