Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

:D probably easier if you land the plane before playing :D

hahah a valid point! :D Congrats though Emmy! I never bothered 100%ing AA or AC, so you're miles ahead of me. I hope you enjoy AC - I liked it a lot more than AA personally, just due to the increased freedom of movement etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

:D probably easier if you land the plane before playing :D

He cant land the plane, cause hes gonna crash it. With no survivors!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Absolutely delightful. I rescued all the waddledees and unless it turns out to be terrible I'm gonna dive into the post-game stuff.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ArfJason posted:

He cant land the plane, cause hes gonna crash it. With no survivors!

Lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Legend of the Ghost Lion

Dragon Quest clone with a couple of twists, you level up by finding fragments of "hope" in chests, and use various relics to summon spirits to fight with you in battle. Unfortunately battle is a huge pain in the rear end the whole game long...enemies easily dodge your attacks while never missing themselves, which results in you having to summon 3 or more helpers in every single combat just to stay alive. Combined with the horribly slow walking speed, high encounter rate, and the inability to reliably run from battle (I had multiple deaths trying to escape battles that I started with full health), the gameplay wears thin long before the end. The money penalty on death is pretty pointless too - with short dungeons and no experience points to speak of, you're nearly always better off just resetting. Some neat ideas in this one but ultimately disappointing. 2/5

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

astro boy: omega factor - birth. cool little action game, i wish id had it as a kid, it would have seriously been my jam. sadly a hardware crash on my vita (eat poo poo sony) means i probably wont get rebirth unless i game like a fiend. we'll see

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Parasite eve - really good, even better than I remember it as a kid. Wish the 2nd was more of the same, but I only played a little of it when it came out so I'll give it another shot eventually.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

1) .hack//G.U. Last Recode
2) Dying Light
3) Lego DC Super-Villains
4) 20XX
5) Hitman 1
6) Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
7) Demoncrawl
8) Binary Domain
9) Hitman 2
10) Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (2021)
11) Saint's Row 4
12) Just Cause 4
13) Shovel Knight, Shovel of Hope campaign.
14) Mortal Kombat X story mode
15) Nioh
16) Max Payne 3
17) Soul Calibur 6
18) Sniper Elite 4
19) Zombie Army 4: Dead War
20) Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
21) Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
22) Transformers: Devastation
23) Castlevania: Dracula X
24) Bulletstorm
25) Wolfenstein: The New Order
26) Strike Vector EX
27) Vanquish
28) Ghost of Tsushima

Best open world game I've played so far. Enjoyed the minimalist UI and ability to ignore the map and just do the story stuff ASAP. Last big engagement was a nice test of everything the game taught you to that point

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video
6. The King of Chicago (Amiga, one of the good endings)
7. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (63%)
8. Yakuza Kiwami 2
9. Tokimeki Memorial (Super Famicom, Ayako, Saki, Rei and Forever Alone endings)
10. Mother 3 - review
11. Wario World - review
12. Soul Blazer - review
13. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - review
14. Final Fantasy XV

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling

I put this game off until I was really craving a Paper Mario clone and it definitely scratched that itch. A bit less polished of a combat system but still very fun overall.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
[26] Astro Boy: Omega Factor (GBA) 6/18/22

Review:
A really impressive GBA game with great animation and fun bosses. I did not read a single line of the story but it seemed like robots did something and needed stopped lol. It's a treasure game, and a 2D one thankfully, so yeah its good and you should play it if you haven't. The bad parts include most of the stages outside of bosses which thankfully are very short. The music is just average.

7.5/10

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon posted:

[26] Astro Boy: Omega Factor (GBA) 6/18/22

Review:
A really impressive GBA game with great animation and fun bosses. I did not read a single line of the story but it seemed like robots did something and needed stopped lol. It's a treasure game, and a 2D one thankfully, so yeah its good and you should play it if you haven't. The bad parts include most of the stages outside of bosses which thankfully are very short. The music is just average.

7.5/10

Beat this too and agree on all points

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
[27] Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shedder's Revenge (PC) 6/18/22

Review:
A love letter to the NES and SNES Turtles games. Beautiful hand drawn sprites, tons of great music including redone old tracks from the other games which are great. Lots of secrets, and fairly long for a game like this. I played this 4p coop but it supports up to 6 and I can't imagine how insane that gets. I loved every minute of this game. I'm only taking away half a point because there are some strange bugs and glitches I ran into which will probably be patched out. I hope this team makes DLC or a sequel to this ASAP. April also has a fat rear end in this now.

9.5/10

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Astro Boy: Omega Factor

im saying this but uhhh come on the game is just beginning

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

elf help book posted:

Astro Boy: Omega Factor

im saying this but uhhh come on the game is just beginning

credits are credits lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
if u stop astro boy at first credits u didnt beat the game. simple as

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Astro Boy: Omega Factor (good ending)

Fun times, 4/5

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Myco you gotta play Illusion of Gaia so I can read that review. and when you're done read "Illusion of Gaia and my cousin David," the old video game review website entry that will be stuck in my head until the day I die

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Myco you gotta play Illusion of Gaia so I can read that review. and when you're done read "Illusion of Gaia and my cousin David," the old video game review website entry that will be stuck in my head until the day I die

i might just play that next. i was going to skip to terranigma at some point because I looked at a dev interview about it and it sounded really interesting but I reckon it makes more sense to play gaia first

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I want to play Gaia again, and soul blazer/terranigma for the first time, and 500 other games.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

welcome posted:

I want to play Gaia again, and soul blazer/terranigma for the first time, and 500 other games.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

welcome posted:

:hai:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’ve played Gaia like 4 times but never beat it and I’ve actually never played Soul Blazer

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the combat is a lot closer and quicker in soul blazer but I'd say it's easier overall. soul blazer is also a lot faster even though most of the game is dungeons.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mycophobia posted:

i might just play that next. i was going to skip to terranigma at some point because I looked at a dev interview about it and it sounded really interesting but I reckon it makes more sense to play gaia first

gaia's really cool too, if i got another game club week thats what i'd pick

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
super mario 64 - 0 stars

god drat this game is good

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

gaia's really cool too, if i got another game club week thats what i'd pick

the entire game club thread i was planning on picking it but panicked and picked bomberman 64 last second lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

the entire game club thread i was planning on picking it but panicked and picked bomberman 64 last second lol

i had a different game i was going to play up until my choice. but i just picked a game i knew i was about to load up and play anyway before i came up lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

i had a different game i was going to play up until my choice. but i just picked a game i knew i was about to load up and play anyway before i came up lol

Too many games too little time

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

heehee posted:

super mario 64 - 0 stars

Illegal

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

heehee posted:

super mario 64 - 0 stars

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

zork, used a walkthrough. wordle in 3.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

lol. i got all 120 stars after but i've done that before so i didn't post it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I got the tude now posted:

same lol, i was going between that nd astro boy and bbg pointed out that there's some big poo poo comin down the pipeline so i went with the short one week game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
20. Spider-Man for the Playstation 4 (All Stories, Amazing, All The Heist Trophies, All Backpacks, All Landmarks, All Research Tokens, All Challenge Tokens, All Base Tokens, All Side Quests)