Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

Was there even much of a story so far? I remember she had a dinner with family scene last episode and now she's on the moon. Ok.
She realized a lifelong dream in the last episode but her son was too young and adhd to care, her developing-dementia father was more concerned about his misplaced watch, and her husband was ???

Seemed like they’re setting something up there with her family being so disconnected from her personal triumph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
In husband's defense, it's pretty clear that Aleida has been basically paying attention to nothing but her work for quite some time now. He specifically pointed out that the father has been forgetting poo poo for a while now (important stuff like the kid's food allergies) and she blew it off, she works literally all the time, even during dinner, brings her boss by to talk shop. It's clearly not the best family dynamic.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

She’s very much in Margo’s image.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Oh it definitely fits with the character arc to this point and I'd rather see that explored in more detail than the Danny stuff.

Hell in the last episode I'd have preferred 15 minutes of Aleida trying to fix the test engine on the moon to the drunk Ed/stalker Danny stuff we got.

But again I cry out, Where is Wayne??

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

bawfuls posted:

But again I cry out, Where is Wayne??

I mean, it's been two episodes and we've seen Molly not at work for 10 seconds, so on one hand it makes sense that he hasn't shown yet.

On the other hand, looking at the actors IMDB page, I don't see him listed for anything in S3, where (at least) the rest of the main cast have updated episodes counts

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
he died on the way back to his home planet

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

esperantinc posted:

I mean, it's been two episodes and we've seen Molly not at work for 10 seconds, so on one hand it makes sense that he hasn't shown yet.

On the other hand, looking at the actors IMDB page, I don't see him listed for anything in S3, where (at least) the rest of the main cast have updated episodes counts
It just feels like they’ve abandoned the character. He had less time in the second season than the first, and now the primary role he once played (astronaut’s spouse deeply concerned about their safety) is being taken up by Danielle’s new husband.

But Wayne was good for more than just that imo. His role in getting Karen to open up and his ability to challenge Molly both seemed critical to the show.

If Karen spent more time hanging with Wayne in S2 we might have been spared the Danny storyline. And Molly seems like she could have used some Wayne time in the midst of the fight with Margot.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bawfuls posted:

It just feels like they’ve abandoned the character.

If Karen spent more time hanging with Wayne in S2 we might have been spared the Danny storyline. And Molly seems like she could have used some Wayne time in the midst of the fight with Margot.

Hell yeah I agree 100%.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

bawfuls posted:

This is a really great point.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

bawfuls posted:

She realized a lifelong dream in the last episode but her son was too young and adhd to care, her developing-dementia father was more concerned about his misplaced watch, and her husband was ???

Seemed like they’re setting something up there with her family being so disconnected from her personal triumph.

I think one point of the scene was to show how routine travel to the moon and work there has become. It was just a random rear end call from work. It's something that will probably show up on her monthly bill as a regular long distance video call and nobody at home was even waiting around for it or was particularly psyched about it. People are on the moon, so what?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I don’t think Ed’s going to space, Danny will literally backstab him.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

nah Danny will murder him on Mars because that's more dramatic

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

bawfuls posted:

nah Danny will murder him on Mars because that's more dramatic

Ed'll kill Danny and then become king of Mars the camera will pull out like at the end of one on the Riddick films.

I assume that's how it works on Mars, unless "science" can prove me wrong.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
All three will reach Mars at the same time to find out that Matt Damon already beat them there.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Silly Burrito posted:

All three will reach Mars at the same time to find out that Matt Damon already beat them there.

And tell them all about the wonders of investing in crypto!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Noob Saibot posted:

And tell them all about the wonders of investing in crypto!

Does crypto exist with nuclear fusion?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

margo basically handled the ed situation in the worst way imaginable and, wisdom of the committee and ed being a racist dipshit aside, i imagine a lot of washington is going to be extremely pissed that they lost a living legend to some rando tech ceo

literally only going to get worse if anyone finds out that she got her surrogate daughter a space on the mars crew or that she's a literal asset of the USSR

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 21, 2022

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Marsgo

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

also what's the odds that danny's storyline becomes an alternate universe version of the lisa nowak episode

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Nowak

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

:aaaaa:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Where’s Sally Ride in all of this? She flew the same mission Ed did and isn’t a racist rage monster.

Maybe THIS is the Ron Moore show where he gets Dirk Benedict to pop up and say, “Hi, I’m God.”

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I like how the show has gotten more subtle about the alternate history, as it’s mostly been well handled but we got some clunky dialogue like it making the news that Ted Kennedy will not be going to Chappaquiddick this weekend.

Like how less demand for oil meant no coalition intervention in Kuwait, likely meaning much smaller (if any) permanent US presence in the Middle East and probably no motivation for 9/11 and the subsequent US blunders. And I saw someone else pointed out that in addition to the pope’s death meaning no Revolution in Poland, that he had also opposed left wing catholic movements in Central/South America so those may have had more success.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
The moral of this story is that the ussr is based and its success is the success of humanity

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

tokin opposition posted:

The moral of this story is that the ussr is based and its success is the success of humanity

So Margo was an angel all along?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rappaport posted:

So Margo was an angel all along?

and ye, the halo that adorned her divine presence was red

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Since this show loves having characters become shitheels for no reason, maybe they’ll reveal that Molly murdered him.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

tokin opposition posted:

I also liked the part where north Korea has a space program instead of building nukes

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Tighclops posted:

I also liked the part where north Korea has a space program instead of building nukes

North Korea's first successful satellite launch happened more than ten years ago.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
What time do new episodes go up? I feel last week it was up early on Thursday.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Around now.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

withak posted:

Around now.

I'll watch the new Star Trek first. I tend to prefer serialized TV, but I'm kind of enjoying that this new Star Trek is very episodic, especially after how heavy handed the serialized storytelling has become on Enterprise and Picard.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

withak posted:

Around now.

My watch just pinged to let me know it's up.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Something happened earlier in the episode that I thought was very stupid, but I forgot what it was. But I'm just realizing that they're deliberately making Margot look like Janet Reno.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
watching the new episode

The Helios mission is so loving doomed to fail.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Nihonniboku posted:

Something happened earlier in the episode that I thought was very stupid, but I forgot what it was. But I'm just realizing that they're deliberately making Margot look like Janet Reno.

IT'S MARGO TIME!

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
I'm liking the new Danny side piece.

Also I can tell you exactly how this will play out. Both Helios and NASA missions will gently caress up, forcing them to work together. Sergey will get disappeared for falling for Margo and ignoring his orders (or vice-versa because he can't get any of her secret nectar, he will betray her). Either Ed or Danielle or both will die on Mars.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Does Apple have a "no nudity" requirement or something? Why weren't they actually skinnydipping?

loving lame

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Holy poo poo this is painful to watch!

:wtf:

SO WEIRD

You'll know when it happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

Does Apple have a "no nudity" requirement or something? Why weren't they actually skinnydipping?

Not to my knowledge (See has some nudity) though it could be a combination of things e.g. the actors not wanting to be nude, etc.