Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sephiRoth IRA

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
My 8yo has Big Feelings today so I am relegated to drinking and reading a book. A fine father's day for me, and a fine father's day to all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i called my dad today for father's day and my little cousin (okay he's 21, he's not little) is there, so i ended up patching in my kid too so we could all roast my dad's chess playing skills.

my dad is *really fuckin good* at chess but we're all better. lmao. happy father's day to everyone who is a dad, who has a good dad, and who wants to be a dad. for the rest of you, i see you and i feel you. you aren't forgotten and we love you. i'll be your dad if you want, i'm cool with it.

Escape From Noise

I texted my dad happy father's day and he asked how I was doing. He always asked us to ignore it. He's not big on holidays, but I did it anyways!

ELK MAN

by Fluffdaddy
Dad day goin well got two pork butts smuh smuh smuh SMOKIN and gonna make some burgers soon

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Edward Fingerhands posted:

i'll be your dad if you want, i'm cool with it.

Can I have 5 bucks for ice cream?

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

ELK MAN

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Sorry to get all "dadly" in here but you cant eat it until you finish your greens!

----------------

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Rarity posted:

Sure, here's ten

Robot Made of Meat

Parents came over today for grilled steak. I'm not much of a cook (especially grilling), but they turned out pretty nicely. Good weather, did the family obligation thing, ate good food. My parents are definitely up there in age, so I don't know how many more times they'll be coming over.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
i gave my dad a call, he picked up in the middle of working on his lawnmower

thanks Manifisto!

ELK MAN

by Fluffdaddy

minecraft_holmes posted:

good gosh golly that is so dad

----------------

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

minecraft_holmes posted:

I tried to call mine, but he was actively mowing so he will call me back.

Dukes Mayo Clinic

minecraft_holmes posted:

dang reminds me I gotta clean the carburetor on mine

hitches up cargo shorts

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

ELK MAN posted:

Sorry to get all "dadly" in here but you cant eat it until you finish your greens!

What if I had mint choc chip :thunkher:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

ELK MAN

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

What if I had mint choc chip :thunkher:

I can respect this loophole just ask mom first

----------------

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
MOM DAD SAYS I CAN HAVE MINT CHOC CHIP ICE CREAM IS THAT COOL?

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

powerful parent on parent play, lets see how it works out

ArbitraryTA
drat, good thing I just bought ice cream.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Rarity posted:

MOM DAD SAYS I CAN HAVE MINT CHOC CHIP ICE CREAM IS THAT COOL?

This is fine

ELK MAN

by Fluffdaddy

dad and mom on the same team as always, a powerful relationship

----------------

Bad Video Games

It's a good dad day. Made some apple bread and played some Great Ace Attorney with the kid and had leftover pasta for dinner.

Bad Video Games

I never really celebrated dad's day until I became one. My dad was never really in the picture. I honestly don't care that much about it, but at least it gets to be quiet unlike some other days.

Manifisto

hmm I spoke to my dad today and he was not working on the lawn mower or actively mowing the lawn or doing anything even peripherally related to lawn mowing or lawn mowers. that's okay though I still love him even if his dadliness score is slipping (he tells enough dad jokes to compensate however!)

ty nesamdoom!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
I saw a good meta dad joke today.

It's inappropriate to make a dad joke if you've never fathered a child. That would be a faux pa.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

roomforthetuna posted:

I saw a good meta dad joke today.

It's inappropriate to make a dad joke if you've never fathered a child. That would be a faux pa.

god drat

dads in training please see the above

baka of lathspell
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
hello i am back i guess on byob

i am ex-discord and ex-trashed crew keeping it that way for now & in perpetuity probably i no longer get effed up to the max because reasons and discord was always a good way to interject troublesome things into the byob sybclave

hello & welcome, welcome & chat, hello forever, hello

whats a meta dad is that like your dad sharing the latest meme abotu osteoporosis on your facebook

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

baka fwocka fwame posted:

whats a meta dad
Nothing really, whats a meta with you?

baka of lathspell
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
fr fr i have been goin thru it lately and i need byob to keep me seeing the funny side, so that i am always loling, etc. and the chillside too ofc

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

cruft

My dad and I just came up with a plan for how we would have built Disney's Main street Electrical Parade using 1970s technology.

I think we wound up using too much power for the NiCd batteries they had, but now I'm sorely tempted to go ahead and build it using today's stuff, and release everything for free on the Internet. Might be a good project when I'm done with the bagpipes.

baka of lathspell
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

cruft posted:

My dad and I just came up with a plan for how we would have built Disney's Main street Electrical Parade using 1970s technology.

I think we wound up using too much power for the NiCd batteries they had, but now I'm sorely tempted to go ahead and build it using today's stuff, and release everything for free on the Internet. Might be a good project when I'm done with the bagpipes.

i dont know what anyone is up to what are you doing with bagpipes

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
im NiClovin it

Robot Made of Meat

cruft posted:

Disney's Main Street Elecrical Parade in the late 1970s used what was basically the processor and control circuits of a theatrical lighting console, but without all of the fancy buttons and faders. It lived in a box, and was powered by 12V from the vehicle, I'm recalling.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

omg hello! ♥

quiet day with the dog streaming the best dad ever (ricky trailerpark)

Goons Are Gifts

i don't have a good dad but I spent the day sharing a lot of dad jokes to compensate and here are some of my favorites that I was told in response of mine

What do you call a cheese that isn’t yours? Nacho cheese
What sounds like a sneeze and is made of leather? A shoe.
What do you call a girl in the middle of a tennis court? Annette.

sb hermit

Goons Are Great posted:

i don't have a good dad but I spent the day sharing a lot of dad jokes to compensate and here are some of my favorites that I was told in response of mine

:golfclap:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Goons Are Great posted:

These are really really really good.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I need a shower. But I also need to do dishes.

No I'm not putting the dishes in the shower, brain, no.

Goons Are Gifts

I've done that before and let me tell you, it is not as efficient as your brain might think

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

That's what I'm afraid of, my brain is categorically opposed to good thinking lately so I've been going "no brain, we are not combining steps, this is not easier."

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also!!! GaG I got a CLOTHES WASHING MACHINE and today I get a TUMBLE DRYER.

What would I wash since I'm not washing clothes like a baby raccoon anymore?!

Might wash my big linen duvet tbh. The cat will likely be mad since that is HER duvet and no one, even mother, may not touch. Hmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

goddamn you know I mentioned that sometimes I wake up at night and just get up to do laundry and honestly I feel like doing laundry again, I'm going to get naked and wash my clothes right now

do I have a problem, is this a problem