Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

After no poo poo 4 hospitalizations, our static finally cleared p4s :confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Xun posted:

After no poo poo 4 hospitalizations, our static finally cleared p4s :confuoot:

Jesus Christ, it's okay to take a break.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I maintain that Monks should be allowed to have a different weapon glam in each hand

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Jesus Christ, it's okay to take a break.

Why do you think it took us like 4 months to clear the tier :v:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Unlocked the achievement "Bound by Hope"! The Seventh Dawn title unlocked and I am content!

Getting everyone to 90 wasn't that bad with leveling four extra jobs for the EW quests, but loooord can I go a while without ever seeing EW or ShB dungeons again...

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
now grind more dungeons for minions and TT cards!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

hazardousmouse posted:

now grind more dungeons for minions and TT cards!

gently caress I do still need the starbird...

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

YggiDee posted:

I maintain that Monks should be allowed to have a different weapon glam in each hand

Ninjas too.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Emperor's

New

Knives

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Finally got all of my crafters to at least 70. I gave up on doing Firmament poo poo and just used a combination of custom deliveries, collectable turn-ins, leves and class quests for the last stretch.

Miner and botanist are at 80, now I just need to catch up my fishing :shepface:

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Bloody Pom posted:

Finally got all of my crafters to at least 70. I gave up on doing Firmament poo poo and just used a combination of custom deliveries, collectable turn-ins, leves and class quests for the last stretch.

Miner and botanist are at 80, now I just need to catch up my fishing :shepface:

Fishing is super easy now, with Ocean Fishing. You can get from 80 to 90 in like 5 trips, and you don't even need any gear higher than level 1 for it.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Tamba posted:

Fishing is super easy now, with Ocean Fishing. You can get from 80 to 90 in like 5 trips, and you don't even need any gear higher than level 1 for it.

Yeah, I did ocean fishing once and had a blast, the timing of when sessions start is just kinda awkward for me.

Also I wish that gearsets would also swap glamours on shared gear pieces, I want to wear all the fancy crafter outfits but the lovely-looking shared scrip gear has better stats and takes up less space.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Bloody Pom posted:

Also I wish that gearsets would also swap glamours on shared gear pieces, I want to wear all the fancy crafter outfits but the lovely-looking shared scrip gear has better stats and takes up less space.

Link a glamour plate to the gear set and you can do just that.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Can we just remove Borderland ruins from the rotation?

Even a day with no frontlines would be an improvement

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

hopeandjoy posted:

Link a glamour plate to the gear set and you can do just that.

Wait, this is actually a thing? What the gently caress.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Regalingualius posted:

Can we just remove Borderland ruins from the rotation?

Even a day with no frontlines would be an improvement

It would be fine if they just cut it to 800 points to win. But setting it to 1600 just means it's going to be at least 15 mins. If two of the groups are competent you're going to time out

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Bloody Pom posted:

Only works if you change jobs in a sanctuary or an aetheryte, does not work anywhere you can’t normally change glams

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Bloody Pom posted:

What did you think glamour plates were for?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

What did you think glamour plates were for?

It's easy to miss you can set them to automatically swap compared to manually swap.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bloody Pom posted:

o/` I can show you the world... o/`

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

As if the Deftarm wasn't already the best character before the HW Alliance quests...

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
I loved the Deftarm already, but yeah, the HW Allied Tribe Quests absolutely cement him as The Best.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

I had quite the appropriate Father’s Day. Finished up Sorrow of Werlyt.

:smith:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It would be fine if they just cut it to 800 points to win. But setting it to 1600 just means it's going to be at least 15 mins. If two of the groups are competent you're going to time out

About 30% the time I'll have a FL that's an 800 pt win state vs 1600. Is that a separate map or what? I haven't paid enough attention

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Its kinda wild how everyone has slightly less than a 33% chance to win at frontlines

Edit: this isn't because anyone is good or bad at it. There is nothing you personally can do to influence the game. I have seen 8 summoners in 1 alliance lose because they couldn't coordinate even though they tried. Do whatever your heart tells you. Yell out helpful things in /a. Mock the tryhard trying to herd cats in /a. it literally doesn't matter.

A Moose fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 20, 2022

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

A Moose posted:

Its kinda wild how everyone has slightly less than a 33% chance to win at frontlines

Edit: this isn't because anyone is good or bad at it. There is nothing you personally can do to influence the game. I have seen 8 summoners in 1 alliance lose because they couldn't coordinate even though they tried. Do whatever your heart tells you. Yell out helpful things in /a. Mock the tryhard trying to herd cats in /a. it literally doesn't matter.

This is why it's especially insane to me when you see folks raging in chat over it which happens all the drat time. Losing is the default state of frontlines. Who in the gently caress has the energy and inclination to get worked up every time over how supposedly terrible your team that lost by 40 points is, when you knew going in you only had a 1/3 chance of winning? And winning doesn't even really matter. How do people live like this?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

winning does matter when you need 10 wins to get the last Garo horse. which i still don't have.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Kerrzhe posted:

winning does matter when you need 10 wins to get the last Garo horse. which i still don't have.

You don't need 10 more wins, you need 40 more queues

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Kerrzhe posted:

It still doesn't, really. You're going to win 33% of the time. To get 10 wins you need to queue 30 times, give or take a couple. My FL stats consistently stay at almost exactly 33/33/33.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Vargs posted:

This is why it's especially insane to me when you see folks raging in chat over it which happens all the drat time. Losing is the default state of frontlines. Who in the gently caress has the energy and inclination to get worked up every time over how supposedly terrible your team that lost by 40 points is, when you knew going in you only had a 1/3 chance of winning? And winning doesn't even really matter. How do people live like this?

Conditioning from WoW PvP where the rewards for a loss are a pittance compared to a win.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I try to let Frontline roll over my but there's always the inevitable situation where you have a strong point advantage, the big pentagon ovoo thing pops, and then all three teams just mush into a bloodbath and you lose all your points just by how many loving times your team dies. Meanwhile someone is always /shouting things that are either unhelpful, or incorrect.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Vargs posted:

It still doesn't, really. You're going to win 33% of the time. To get 10 wins you need to queue 30 times, give or take a couple. My FL stats consistently stay at almost exactly 33/33/33.

You'd think so, but I'm at 53 Frontline games and 1st/2nd/3rd are 11/13/29.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jun 20, 2022

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

A Moose posted:

What you're saying is just not true though. Here are my lifetime stats from about a year of doing the daily most days, hopefully this is a good enough sample size to be a little persuasive:

Granted I almost always duo queue with my friend, but I think if he or I queued solo at this point we would still outperform the average. All other things being equal I estimate doing actual good shot calling in chat or having a bahamut countdown macro would kick in like a 5% boost at least

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jun 20, 2022

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Vargs posted:

You're going to win 33% of the time.

Big assumption.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Works can not express how annoyed I was at grinding out the wins for the neat power suit only for them to make it way easier to get and red later on.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I have over a 40% win rate so you absolutely could make a difference in old frontlines. I haven't touched it since the revamp though so now I dunno.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

You'll win 33% of the time, over an outrageously large sample size perhaps, without any other game deciding factors like having friends queuing with you.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

My Frontlines this season is 24/24/23 so it's me, I'm the guy screwing up all you outliers.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
back on the crack. daoc came back this january so i hung up the xiv, but the daoc server folded and i got a few months till the next one comes out.

just rolled a new sprout account, im trying an arc -> smn this time. level 11 today. it's quite fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

A Moose posted:

Higher than 33%, draws count as wins for the teams that draw. It is possible to have a 3-way draw and every team wins

Also I come in first place like 40%ish of the time and that's with a poo poo ton of losses from playing solo back before they fixed Maelstrom stacking