Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Scruffpuff posted:

But are they fidelitious dicks?

As Chris Roberts is to snoopy caps and shoelaces, so the Bethesda modding community is to dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
:cumpolice::gizz:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/NearSoftGoldfish-mobile.mp4

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

OpenAi has opinions on Star Citizen:

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Bonus

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

RaptorChief posted:

A friend of a friend of mine is trying to get a friend of mine into star citizen. Does anyone have a good collection of YouTube videos highlighting bugs and broken things? One in particular that I’m looking for is the video of goons watching citizencon when they tried to drive a truck out of the back of the spaceship and it exploded.

Nah just tell him to buy an Idris and laugh

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Dwesa posted:

a bit

stolen from refunds sub

Lol it's hideous, just a giant space dildo. I always enjoy these little glimpses of their big ships we get sporadically over the years. You can watch the dreams.txt slowly die.

I'm sure of all of the complex game mechanics needed for it to function as more than a giant single seat fighter will be in the game any day now. Maybe by 2032 that marketplace will be in tier 0.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 20, 2022

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

it's just such an aesthetic failure to what the theoretical idea is too

a mobile marketplace should be garish and approachable. It should land basically anywhere. It should unfold into market stalls all along the outside. It should have freaking billboards on it! Instead it is a mobile food court that even in their concept art sits on desolate landing pads, distant from customers and looking like AlienWarship5 from the asset pack.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 20, 2022

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/kiplancase_today-i-lost-my-job-at-cloud-imperium-games-activity-6940068155461439488-HJ99

Second time in 2 years CIG Austin has some bad decisions.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

CIG wants to be like the big developer houses so badly, they're even implementing bad HR policies and firing people for speaking out... Just like the big companies would do!

How smart of them

I imagine the backers will spin this as a problem with this one guy in particular though and nothing that CIG did wrong

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Blue On Blue posted:

CIG wants to be like the big developer houses so badly, they're even implementing bad HR policies and firing people for speaking out... Just like the big companies would do!

How smart of them

I imagine the backers will spin this as a problem with this one guy in particular though and nothing that CIG did wrong

And then in the same breath shriek about a handful of bigots and white supremacists on Twitter who managed to get themselves banned having their voices silenced and freedom of speech suppressed.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

it's just such an aesthetic failure to what the theoretical idea is too

a mobile marketplace should be garish and approachable. It should land basically anywhere. It should unfold into market stalls all along the outside. It should have freaking billboards on it! Instead it is a mobile food court that even in their concept art sits on desolate landing pads, distant from customers and looking like AlienWarship5 from the asset pack.

this is the biggest thing for me, like SC is sort of playable, and you can get in a ship after twenty minutes or so and sort of do missions, but everything is so insanely bland. i keep coming back to it, but CoD: IW has a similar aesthetic but done incredibly well, and it's lots of fun only because it's done well.

I'll cope with jank if there are fun crazy ideas, and cope with bland if it's really tight, but ultrabland and superjanky is such an aggressively unattractive combination.

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Contemplate with nice thoughts and utterances.

Look, it's not like every year has broken every funding record, poor CIG simply doesn't have the money to increase wages.

Also, they'll soon have those new, huge, modern offices ready so people who lose their own homes can probably live there 24/7 and forget about commuting.

Jokes aside, this "pandemic is over, everything must return to normal" push you see all over the world is built on the suffering and sacrifice of several at risk people and/ or their loved ones, plus a few unlucky healthy ones ofc. Since governments all over decided "everything is normal again" at risk groups are now left to fend for themselves with no safeguards whatsoever and must simply decide whether to risk infecting themselves/ their loved ones at work/ commuting or get fired.
Same goes with soaring prices when it comes to gas, bills and certain goods due to shortages of certain raw materials (oil, flour etc...). Many people are finding it hard to make ends meet as their wage hasn't changed while expenses went way up.
2020/2022 didn't create these problems, it simply exposed all the poo poo the system is built on.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

quote:

Lol people have tried every other approach to discredit SC. Now let's throw one of the more controversial issues we face right now at the wall and see if it sticks.

quote:

His argument would have made a stronger point if he hadn’t complained about his cost of living and commuting and gas prices. This reads to me like he was looking for a way out from the beginning.

quote:

Yes I'm sure that statement made by the fired employee is 100% accurate, and the firing was due to exactly what they said. There cannot possibly be anything else that may have happened!

quote:

I got more sick from my shot than COVID itself. I commend CIG for no longer making it mandatory for employees to be forced to take medicine.

quote:

Can add to this, pretty sure I had Covid back in August-Early September of 2019, had a cough for a decent while and felt like poo poo, which is no different to my usual feeling really with my chronic illnesses.

First Covid jab and I get a bloodshot eye immediately, shaking for 2 hours straight and a warm heart, the nurses at the church they were giving the shots out were good enough to keep an eye on me during most of it then said that there's no reason I shouldn't get the second one.

Safe to say I ignored that advice lmao, I'll get my flu jabs because I've never had an issue with them but gently caress the Covid jab personally, if someone wants it then fair do's to them but I can't knock CIG for getting rid of a vaccine requirement either given such a policy is privacy intruding as gently caress and somewhat coercive honestly.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

4th Stimpire Queen posted:

Pushing a stretcher is still one of the best things you can do in SC.
Don't miss the bonus floating NPC towards the end, that poo poo straight reminds me of Control.

https://v.redd.it/5dwrd2uvmf691/DASH_1080.mp4

This is actually a picture of me, yesterday, when I stepped in a mole hole and sprained my ankle while mowing my lawn. I needed the gurney.

Except the gurney was a lawnmower!!!! DEVS

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Happy Heterosexual Pride Month! posted:

Happy Heterosexual Pride Month!
I'm just so proud of the heterosexual community for keeping the Human race going for all these years.

Good job, and keep up the good fight, folks!

Just so proud of you.

Hey, CIG can we please get this pinned?

Thanks in advance!

quote:

wow, you aren't allowed to be proud of that...
you are only allowed to be proud of the non-majority view.

quote:

I'm with you and I don't accept the unconstitutional 'lgbqt++' month aka doesn't include straight. Which, by U.S. law, sorry for all you usurped aristocrat subservients, that equal application of the law IS a thing. I don't see natives or blacks getting a month. I don't remember there being one month or day or hour for straight people. 'Holidays' are NOT all federal holidays to include LGBTQ pride month. Sorry you people got your facts incorrect. And discrimination against anyone, especially the staff of CIG, and those currently subbed or otherwise in payment to a pledge that has yet to be received are all protected from discrimination as long as CIG has not prescribed aforementioned discrimination prior to their engagement with their clients and staff members.

"The examples, regulations, or other legal citations you offer are applicable to government authorities, not privately held and operated companies or corporations. Under the law, a private entity has the same right as any individuals to have or express an opinion or preference and to conduct its policies accordingly.

While we appreciate that your opinion may differ from the company’s position on specific topics, all applicable laws protects the company’s right to expression as a private entity, especially on its own platforms.

Legal Department
Roberts Space Industries, LLC"

That expression clearly must not contradict their own policy nor federal work protection and client engagement. IE, they made a contract via a payment that has yet to be furnished prior to application of their self righteous group think.

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Mirificus posted:

"First Covid jab and I get a bloodshot eye immediately, shaking for 2 hours straight and a warm heart"

Dude has a panic attack cause he's afraid of needles and blames it on Big Pharma lol

Have to wonder how many former citizens have been nominated and/ or won an Herman Cain Award.

Mirificus posted:

Happy Heterosexual Pride Month!
I'm just so proud of the heterosexual community for keeping the Human race going for all these years.

Good job, and keep up the good fight, folks!

Tbh "keeping the Human race going" isn't really a thing to celebrate, imho ofc.
It's really some low effort trolling tbh, and he's a bad troll as he totally lacks any kind of finesse and he's soooo overt, but he totally represents a good part of SC's community.

4th Stimpire Queen fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 20, 2022

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I've never even heard "a warm heart" in this context before and can't find anything on a cursory google (in part because the common meaning of "kind" clogs the results). Wonder what exactly they meant by that.

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Elysiume posted:

I've never even heard "a warm heart" in this context before and can't find anything on a cursory google (in part because the common meaning of "kind" clogs the results). Wonder what exactly they meant by that.

He surely wasn't talking about his own kind disposition.

You can get a sense of warmth/ burn in the chest for some conditions, or during certain medical procedures if you get a reaction to the dye they're using like in MRIs.
But dude prolly has heartburn or simply panicked due to being a conspiracy oriented wuss.
I actually call bs on his whole story because someone with a chronic illness who complains about his chest and shakes for hours after a vaccine would almost certainly be admitted to an hospital to be checked rather than just "having nurses keep an eye on me". And people like him simply make up stories of "terrible stuff that has happened to me/ my relatives/ my friends" just to spread their nonsense.

4th Stimpire Queen fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jun 20, 2022

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I view firing someone because they refuse to get the covid vaccine the same as firing someone because they don't want to go to the bathroom and just poo poo their pants. I mean if you want to do that more power to you but you ain't working here.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

He surely wasn't talking about his own kind disposition.

You can get a sense of warmth/ burn in the chest for some conditions, or during certain medical procedures if you get a reaction to the dye they're using like in MRIs.
But dude prolly has heartburn or simply panicked due to being a conspiracy oriented wuss.
I actually call bs on his whole story because someone with a chronic illness who complains about his chest and shakes for hours after a vaccine would almost certainly be admitted to an hospital to be checked rather than just "having nurses keep an eye on me". And people like him simply make up stories of "terrible stuff that has happened to me/ my relatives/ my friends" just to spread their nonsense.
You're right that it's probably heartburn and that feels kinda obvious in hindsight.

That said yeah, this absolutely sounds like a panic attack (which the nurses recognized and just kept an eye on them until they'd made it through) if not fabricated outright.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

yikes

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

That's so loving slimy even for CI no G

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Dude has a panic attack cause he's afraid of needles and blames it on Big Pharma lol

Have to wonder how many former citizens have been nominated and/ or won an Herman Cain Award.

Tbh "keeping the Human race going" isn't really a thing to celebrate, imho ofc.
It's really some low effort trolling tbh, and he's a bad troll as he totally lacks any kind of finesse and he's soooo overt, but he totally represents a good part of SC's community.

I'm sure it's purely a coincidence that population decline is a current topic elong musk and his stans are currently screeching about on twitter

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

For anyone wondering, the Happy Heterosexual Pride Month! saga is already over.

Post deleted, OP got a slap on his hand.

One week for openly trolling, flaming, homophobic remarks and freely calling other users re**rds whenever they disagreed.

It makes sense when you think about it, he didn't criticize CIG or the game so no serious actions are required.
Also, better to not antagonize people whenever they share ideas most of their community agrees with, don't want paying customers getting angry!

4th Stimpire Queen fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 20, 2022

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Nice to see scrappy indie studio CIG is just as bad as EA.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Blue On Blue posted:

How smart of them

Citizens will just restate their own embellished bootstrap narratives and "gently caress you got mine" attitudes. Then they'll stroke themselves off over how their 100k salaries insulate them from the concerns of little people like QA testers, even though its nowhere even close to real wealth and they're just getting poorer like everyone else in the 99% of America.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jun 20, 2022

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Thoatse posted:

I'm sure it's purely a coincidence that population decline is a current topic elong musk and his stans are currently screeching about on twitter

All of the billionaire handwringing over global population decline stems from the fact that people like them need a consistent labor surplus to exploit. Thats why they always talk about it in macoreconomic terms, and never mention how the environment and individual quality of life would be vastly better off with fewer people in the world.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
:barf:

:barf:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Star Citizen player base is gross as gently caress. I would never play or support this game just for these posts alone.

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Good news everyone!
Found a new article that, when appropriately misinterpreted, could be used to justify having a broken pre-alpha after 10 years.
Inb4 this ends up on the main sub or sumthing.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
It's hard to overstate how loving cursed it is to commute in Austin. Hopefully that guy lands on his feet. I bet croberts was so mad when Elon moved in, making croberts no longer the biggest tech douchebag hypescammer in town

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012
I saw some footage in the Goon Eve forums about SC.

They where grieving the hell out of everyone.

Can I get one of those pvp ships and just be an rear end in a top hat or do you get banned rather quick?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

They put you in ingame jail, but I don't think you get banned from the game for doing PvP.

On the other hand playing SC is kind of like griefing yourself.

EDIT: The best PvP ship is an idris that you should buy ofc.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

Mirificus posted:

quote:

I'm with you and I don't accept the unconstitutional 'lgbqt++' month aka doesn't include straight. Which, by U.S. law, sorry for all you usurped aristocrat subservients, that equal application of the law IS a thing. I don't see natives or blacks getting a month. I don't remember there being one month or day or hour for straight people. 'Holidays' are NOT all federal holidays to include LGBTQ pride month. Sorry you people got your facts incorrect. And discrimination against anyone, especially the staff of CIG, and those currently subbed or otherwise in payment to a pledge that has yet to be received are all protected from discrimination as long as CIG has not prescribed aforementioned discrimination prior to their engagement with their clients and staff members.

:laffo:

Star Citizen: Rejecting Unconstitutional Federal Holidays

Chud Citizen: Happy Heterosexual Pride Month!

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

Mirificus posted:

quote:

Imagine going on Linkedin of all places and just broadcasting your inability to do a basic Google search :lmao:

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

Sandweed posted:

They put you in ingame jail, but I don't think you get banned from the game for doing PvP.

On the other hand playing SC is kind of like griefing yourself.

EDIT: The best PvP ship is an idris that you should buy ofc.

ah they are like 15k shall I sell the car or the kids?

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

cmdrk posted:

Chud Citizen: Happy Heterosexual Pride Month!

:hmmyes:

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Pardon? A WARM heart was a symptom?

I don't know who here has experienced heartburn but I had it for the first time earlier this year and it is far more unpleasant than the commercials for heartburn medication make it seem. There's no way anyone would describe it as a WARM heart, this had to be something else.

Either this never happened at all or he had a minor panic attack due to conspiracy brain and chalked it up to big pharma trying to kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Fidelitious posted:

I don't know who here has experienced heartburn but I had it for the first time earlier this year and it is far more unpleasant than the commercials for heartburn medication make it seem. There's no way anyone would describe it as a WARM heart, this had to be something else.

It was a Tier 0 heartburn.