Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

verbal enema posted:

so like the madmen that the Witches of Hemwick summon

Kinda, more like a tiny army of kinda passive vulgar militia imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
whoever was making that play as any npc in bloodborne mod should finish it so i can watch someone beat the game as a rando villager

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The main point is not to worry about getting through FFXIV quickly! You can't even if you wanted to.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
ron and rol both fuckin whip rear end

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There was that one trailer last week that i was hoping was a new rise of nations but alas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_ebBkL14Cg

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jun 20, 2022

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
more like poop eternal

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

the wind is pushing me

into this cutscene when i was actually trying to fight a griffin.

anyway long story short since my last DD post the game kindly had saved right after i picked up the book. i went and watched a ton of videos about the different vocations and got a better idea of how this game is supposed to work (just overlevel as much as you can, the scaling is harsh early on) and after switching to Strider and farming up more levels i'm having a much better time and actually look forward to seeing the rest of this game.

still hate bandits though. they wouldn't stop spawning on me when i was trying to fight a cyclops. like guys! i'm busy here! gimme a break!

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000

Vermain posted:

Finished an Ultraviolence run of Doom Eternal. I think playing Doom 2016 immediately before really cemented my love of Eternal; it just does everything the first did but honed to a sharp edge.

The level design sucks tho :(

The part I loved about doom 2016 was all the old school secret finding and mazey maps and exploration and key finding.

and eternal is just like... a wiggly line with combat encounters and I was bummed.

They did the same thing in the transition from the new wolfenstein to the new wolfenstein 2 as well. lemme sneak around and find things and then maybe later i'll shoot something i'll get around to it probably

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I finished MGS3 on Friday evening and my last two gaming sessions have been in the wonderful world of Control.

I gotta say this slightly 70s creepy aesthetic is punctuated by a seriously intriguing world and great movement/combat. I am completely immersed in this mysterious world and I just want to absorb as much info about everything that I can. I dig it so much. I got the golden suit too so I am bumbling about the game looking very dapper :D

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Stuff I've played this year that's going to be on my GOTY list:

Sifu (strong contender for my #1)
NORCO
Citizen Sleeper
Kirby and the Forgotten Land
TMNT Shredder's Revenge
Probably Triangle Strategy if I can get the time I need to sit down and play the drat thing more.

Hoping to spend some time tomorrow checking out Not For Broadcast which I've heard good things about.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

it was a phenomenon that is unimaginable today

that game is etched into my soul.

Seriously. It just occupied every free moment of my life, and if I had free time and wasn't playing it, it was because I'd hauled my friends around to play it so they could also get addicted and we'd waste awayHAVE A GREAT OL' TIME together!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

Sylphie lost her powers and is probably gonna die, I kinda feel bad for her :(

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Oh since we're sharing new tattoos, these ones are kiiinda video game related?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
MY EYES

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

There was that one trailer last week that i was hoping was a new rise of nations but alas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_ebBkL14Cg

Is ara another version of era? I can't watch this right now if it's explained in the vid but I'd have thought the title would have been "Era: History Untold."

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

rude

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
nipple

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Wow, I thought this was a safe space. Didn't expect to be nipple shamed in the video games thread of all places.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
the existence of a nipple is not shameful, perhaps you need to take a look at your own internal biases as to why you think simply saying "nipple" is shaming.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Free the nipple

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
good thing that food nipple's waiting for me at the starship, cause man, have I worked up a big grunty thirst!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Sekiro is rad but coming off of Elden Ring makes it kinda suck when you get to a choice between a crappy boss (Flaming Bull) and a good but kinda hard boss (Lady Butterfly), because Elden Ring is the game where you can Just Hit The Bricks and go to like, a half dozen places when you’re getting your rear end kicked. I kinda wanna play another Souls game to cool off but I’m pretty sure it’ll gently caress up my Sekiro playthrough because its controls are so weird.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i hope they make a sekiro game that leans even harder into tenchu

i want an open world stealth assassin sekiro

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
yessss and bring back that thing where if you're the chiropractor ninja you see x-rays of the badguys bones breaking when you fight them. tenchu owned why arent there more tenchuses

Gahmah
Nov 4, 2009

Khanstant posted:

yessss and bring back that thing where if you're the chiropractor ninja you see x-rays of the badguys bones breaking when you fight them. tenchu owned why arent there more tenchuses

The general public are as apathetic to cool stealth as they are to mecha, now to weep over the xbox no longer power up so I can't complete steel battalion

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Last Celebration posted:

I’m not sure why they felt the need to have Dragonrot in Sekiro, but it sure feels like a little gently caress you to have a mechanic that apparently staggers side quest progression tied to doing the normal Soulsborne thing of trying and trying to beat a boss.

Also Lady Butterfly is a coolass boss fight, not sure where the “illusions” are supposed to be though.

Edit: never mind lol, I guess the game just decide to lie to me, idk why I’m surprised with the Guardian Ape being as infamous as he is

The Dragonrot system was originally far nastier than it is in the final game. I think there’s one NPC who can actually die from it in the real game grandma who gives you the bell but they intended it to be able to kill a lot more of the cast. It got cut because it was essentially too mean and didn’t ultimately add much to the experience, but it gets to stay in some form for plot reasons.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Khanstant posted:

Recently I found out that nearly everything in Tenchu is a sick as hell homage to a cool tv show that has been running in some form since the 70s :eyepop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTm5TIh6I74

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
oh wow, didn't know that either. all the more reason for new Tenchu. Is it crazy to ask the Yakuza team to take it on?

Gahmah posted:

The general public are as apathetic to cool stealth as they are to mecha, now to weep over the xbox no longer power up so I can't complete steel battalion

makes no sense to me since any stealth game ive played in the last decade or more had the option to let you play the entire thing like a run n gun maniac if you wanted to. then again i'd think the game be miserable and missing the point playing like that, but ya know doesnt stop my buddy from playing Prey like it's DOOM (and then hating it). so i guess it does make sense.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Sekiro is rad but coming off of Elden Ring makes it kinda suck when you get to a choice between a crappy boss (Flaming Bull) and a good but kinda hard boss (Lady Butterfly), because Elden Ring is the game where you can Just Hit The Bricks and go to like, a half dozen places when you’re getting your rear end kicked. I kinda wanna play another Souls game to cool off but I’m pretty sure it’ll gently caress up my Sekiro playthrough because its controls are so weird.

blazing bull is imo the weakest boss in the game and also a weird bottleneck because your options explode right after him

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'd prefer tenchu but heavily inspired by hitman, scale wise at least.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Oh in case people don't know the OG Tenchu crew worked on Shinobido for the PS2 which is Tenchu with better movement and a selectable mission based structure where three lords are vying for dominance over the region and you're trying to accomplish your own goal while dealing with their favor and disfavor. It is the best Tenchu game currently in existence. Shinobido 2 exists on the Vita but is kind of mid.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I thought Ereban: Shadow Legacy looked like a neat stealth game in the Xbox showcase last week. Trailer dialogue is meh. But sure I'll become a shadow and then jump out of it and stab an evil robot, why not!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm gonna laugh if i end up liking dragon's dogma more than elden ring

i might not even put elden ring on my goty list

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
leisure suit lisa :twisted:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

Another posting enemy... sigh

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
elden ring is this year's mainstream normie pick

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Kerrzhe posted:

*slowly inches toward ignore list*

nah kidding but glad you liking Dragon's dogma.

edit: NO U are the normie

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Fromsoft is now cringe and normie. very sad. the true bad rear end freaks are still playing uhhhhhhh VNs

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Elden Ring is so great. Just a GOAT. I am glad I got to experience it on launch day. Made it that much sweeter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Fromsoft is now cringe and normie. very sad. the true bad rear end freaks are still playing uhhhhhhh VNs

That's right the actual GOTY, "AI The Nirvana Institute," releases Friday