Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Either my brain is melting out my ears or you both forgot that no pitting under the SC was a thing for years.

It sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

LeeMajors posted:

He’s still a whiny rear end in a top hat on the radio

After half a decade of 'Bono my tires are gone', I think it's safe to say every driver is gonna whine even though they're driving comfortably in first.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
IndyCar does the no pits under safety car and its weird.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
F1 it was the worst artificial bullshit because it was happening at the same time as refuelling, and deliberately manufactured so that drivers about to run out of fuel would be forced to pit in a closed lane and take massive penalties.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Sab0921 posted:

The race was great OP.

You were right and I was fool, that race was fun as hell. Still annoyed about Haas getting hosed over again though.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Nowher posted:

IndyCar does the no pits under safety car and its weird.

Yup, can really screw someone over when they are commited to the pits and then they close it, they have to drive thru and if they do stop its for a splash of fuel and have to keep doing more laps until they open them.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I can’t put my finger why George seems the worst.
It's a healthy and natural aversion to a Tory boy, OP.
If you actually have a soul, it's an innate repulsion.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Dan has never whinged over radio.

Also possibly Mick.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Is there a basis for the George Russell = Tory narrative? I get that he comes across as a corporate drone and if he wasn't a racing driver I'm sure he'd be the top performing regional sales executive for a toner distribution firm, but beyond that I'm drawing a blank?

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Just look at him op.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
If you feel that max has "mellowed out" you are probably forgetting that he is a racist piece of poo poo who tweets literal "im not racist, but" tweets reacting to BLM, and says things like:

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

nawilo_420 posted:

If you feel that max has "mellowed out" you are probably forgetting that he is a racist piece of poo poo who tweets literal "im not racist, but" tweets reacting to BLM, and says things like:

he's an arrogant young dutchie. I'm honestly quite surprised max didn't go for 'cancer mongol', as guys like him are wont to do

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Counterpoint, it was the kindest thing ever said about lance stroll

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

When will the pit crew from McLaren be ceremoniously executed in the town square in Woking?

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

oscarthewilde posted:

he's an arrogant young dutchie. I'm honestly quite surprised max didn't go for 'cancer mongol', as guys like him are wont to do

the other word is "retard" btw.

It's just the perfect Dutch combo of being offensive and then saying it's not your problem if people are offended lol

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Get in there Zhou

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

nawilo_420 posted:

When asked about it Verstappen said "that's completely false, I called him a mongrel...what do you mean that's worse?"

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Safety cars make things way more interesting, dramatic, and entertaining (as per FIA mission statement) and red flags are like 2 races in 1 so idk what the hell ya'll talkin about

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

nawilo_420 posted:

nawilo_420 posted:

the other word is "retard" btw.

It's just the perfect Dutch combo of being offensive and then saying it's not your problem if people are offended lol

nawilo_420 posted:

Like al dutch people, max is intensely unlikeable

nawilo_420 posted:

Max is a piece of poo poo racist op, hth?

We get it dude thanks

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

like 3 races ago max was whining "it's not fair" when someone was catching up to him on new tires.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Khablam posted:

Counterpoint, it was the kindest thing ever said about lance stroll

Flipping through terrestrial radio stations this morning I heard a Québecois one talking about the Prix of Grands and they mentioned Notre Lance! No idea what they said though

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
New rule:

Under VSC all cars pitting have to stack at the worst performing pit crew up to that point to get tires.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

when you hate max so much that you want to kiss him

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

straight up brolic posted:

when you hate max so much that you want to kiss him

will he turn into a prince?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ArmZ posted:

will he turn into a prince?

Prince Harming

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Flipping through terrestrial radio stations this morning I heard a Québecois one talking about the Prix of Grands and they mentioned Notre Lance! No idea what they said though

they were probably talking about him being robbed of driver of the day at his home grand prix

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Good race.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Tsunoda's pit crash was very embarrasing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Tsunoda getting a little ride on a moped back to the pit was funny.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Arc Hammer posted:

Tsunoda getting a little ride on a moped back to the pit was funny.
That was a classy scooter, a Vespa which is very Italiano just like Toro Tauri

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Man, the 7th place finish for Nando is disappointing but to then have him get dinged down to 9th sucks.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

ArmZ posted:

like 3 races ago max was whining "it's not fair" when someone was catching up to him on new tires.

He was right

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Max only seems bearable at the moment because he's walking all over everybody. Bring back a little bit of challenge and stress and the Dutch Douche will return.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

marshalljim posted:

Max only seems bearable at the moment because he's walking all over everybody. Bring back a little bit of challenge and stress and the Dutch Douche will return.

Lewis is handling being a midfielder surprisingly well.

I thought he would complain a lot more, but nope, he's just like this is our car, it's not very good and it hurts to drive, but it is what it is.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Sab0921 posted:

Lewis is handling being a midfielder surprisingly well.

I thought he would complain a lot more, but nope, he's just like this is our car, it's not very good and it hurts to drive, but it is what it is.

He is grounded and blessed, sounds tight to me.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Really not sure how the thread hears

driver 1: asking why he was pitted on that lap given the traffic
driver 2: i want to give up, i know its lap 2 but why even bother. this car is a shitbox. why am i so unlucky all the time man. [various performative sounds of pain] bono why is russell ahead of me

and goes
ah yes driver 2 is grounded driver 1 wow what a whiner

You should see a Dr if your hate boner lasts more than 4 hours.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

net work error posted:

he's a true king for sure op

ja_raul
May 1, 2005
Poois Shamilton

Found this guy that has mostly correct opinions so far
https://youtube.com/channel/UCDhkOEABmUZRJhF_YCzei2w

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ja_raul posted:

Poois Shamilton

Found this guy that has mostly correct opinions so far
https://youtube.com/channel/UCDhkOEABmUZRJhF_YCzei2w

no one who posts vertical video has correct opinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

net work error posted:

I thought the problem with the car is that it's too grounded