Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Dynamite Headdy 2

Make it so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Spacebump posted:

Is the frame rate issue for the Chrono Cross port that bad or is it only noticeable to people that played the original?

Assuming Switch is the same as the PS4/5 version, yes it’s incredibly bad. If you aren’t super sensitive to sub-30fps, you can play it fine. But it’s slow and sluggish in a noticeable and lovely way.

Agrias120 fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jun 20, 2022

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just being true to the original

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Spacebump posted:

Is the frame rate issue for the Chrono Cross port that bad or is it only noticeable to people that played the original?

i think i vaguely recall reading that the port's framerate gets much better with the Original and not New models toggle, but i can't verify it for myself

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
There are no bad frame rates on god’s console, only non believers

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Is there a cheap reliable controller with motion sensors and rumble

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Aaaaargh.... Ok, so I have around $30 (CDN) in store credit. I'm debating between Monhun Rise which is currently on sale for $40 (again, CDN), or maybe Dusk, or Hades, or Disco Elysium. Then again, I could get any of these on Steam.

OR I could wait until the Direct.

That last option probably won't happen.

I've played MHR thanks to the week long trial a few months ago and really, really enjoyed it. If I hadn't played it, I don't even think I'd be considering it, but man, is it cozy. Despite the entire premise being all about murdering wild beasts it's... surprisingly wholesome and nice? I kind of really want that vibe right now.

Maybe I'm just posting myself into getting it. But I know I won't be getting the DLC any time soon, so it'd just be base game for now.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Larryb posted:

I’m hoping we get some more Kirby pretty soon (even if it’s just another spin-off game)
They're short,.but it would be nice to just get Dream Land and DL2 on NSO.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

SN30 Pro 2.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Yes, finish the frames you have before asking for more

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Aaaaargh.... Ok, so I have around $30 (CDN) in store credit. I'm debating between Monhun Rise which is currently on sale for $40 (again, CDN), or maybe Dusk, or Hades, or Disco Elysium.

I don't think you could go wrong randomly picking one of those 4 games, they are all so different but so good

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Steve Yun posted:

I suppose it depends on your definition of "cheap" though. An 8BitDo Pro 2 is about $30 cheaper than a Switch Pro Controller and does all the things you asked for, it just doesn't have Amiibo support and can't wake the system up from sleep.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Aaaaargh.... Ok, so I have around $30 (CDN) in store credit. I'm debating between Monhun Rise which is currently on sale for $40 (again, CDN), or maybe Dusk, or Hades, or Disco Elysium. Then again, I could get any of these on Steam.

OR I could wait until the Direct.

That last option probably won't happen.

I've played MHR thanks to the week long trial a few months ago and really, really enjoyed it. If I hadn't played it, I don't even think I'd be considering it, but man, is it cozy. Despite the entire premise being all about murdering wild beasts it's... surprisingly wholesome and nice? I kind of really want that vibe right now.

Maybe I'm just posting myself into getting it. But I know I won't be getting the DLC any time soon, so it'd just be base game for now.

honestly if you enjoyed MHR you should get it, it only gets better as it keeps on going and it is supremely good on switch. just the base game will probably run you something like 60-100 hours clearing it for the first time, with one of the dozen weapons, and sunbreak is only for post-game stuff.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

People don't understand this console and it grinds my gears. Have you ever looked at the propeller of a plane as it begins to turn? You only notice the blades moving until they are going so fast that your eyes literally cannot perceive the movement any longer. It looks like there is no movement at all. If you think you're experiencing "frame drops" or "terrible performance," maybe how about you go and get your eyes checked, or better yet, admit that you're just a slow human with (lol) Xbox eyes?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I've been playin' games for some time
Can't stop starin' with my xbox eyes

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

I would say that out of those, Hades is the only one that wouldnt be better on steam imo. Mhrise is amazing, and i loved it on switch, but it did get annoying trying to parse details when it gets hectic (multiplayer etc), and it runs silky smooth on pc.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I've been playin' games for some time
Can't stop starin' with my xbox eyes
One look at you and I can't disguise I've got Xbox eyes
Feel the framerate between you and I

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
The Nintendo direct we've all been waiting for was announced.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1538869963036971008

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

Palmtree Panic posted:

What a kick in the balls- does that mean its only about xc3?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Palmtree Panic posted:

thank you nintendo

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Science_enthusiast posted:

What a kick in the balls- does that mean its only about xc3?

This is going to be the one where they announce prime 4, prime trilogy, silksong, and botw2 I guess

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

wow I can't believe there are no more games and nintendo is dead

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
rip nintendo he never scored

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Oxyclean posted:

wow I can't believe there are no more games and nintendo is dead

those sons of bitches tricked me into buying skyward sword twice

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Failtendo.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Palmtree Panic posted:

:yeshaha:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

So, is the Pro 2 that much better than the Pro+? I don't really care about the additional back buttons. The manual X/D/S switch is a god send for mode switching, but is there anything else? Is the construction or button feel much better?

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
I'm not watching the XBC3 direct because right before XBC2 released they dropped a trailer with massive spoilers in it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

glad nintendo confirmed nothing else matters for this console besides xenoblade

p.s. bayo3 dead

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Spacebump posted:

it actually runs identically to the original lol. chrono cross ps1 also ran like dogshit

amazing game though

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

DLC Inc posted:

p.s. bayo3 dead

You mean Metroid Prime 4.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Humans were never meant to go beyond 24FPS and it was hubris for us to do so.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

AlternateNu posted:

So, is the Pro 2 that much better than the Pro+? I don't really care about the additional back buttons. The manual X/D/S switch is a god send for mode switching, but is there anything else? Is the construction or button feel much better?
Probably the biggest advantage (in conjunction with the back buttons) is being able to assign/remap buttons using an iOS/Android app on your phone. If you don't care about that then it's basically the same as the Pro+.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiVZMxf4E2Q

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Well, I did it and bought MonHunRise. Can't wait to make fancy and ridiculous armour and eat bunny dango all day.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
monhun rise is so good. it warms my heart and that people took the time to do make something like that. Pure Videogames

hosed around and grabbed Danmaku Unlimited 3 cheap this weekend. never played shmups or bullet hells before and i'm loving it. might have to become a Shmup Guy. Bezier: Second Edition is 2 bucks right now too so i bought that too.

found DU3 in a Resetera thread for buried Switch titles. lots of good old-school genre recs here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/worthwhile-switch-games-you-feel-are-getting-lost-and-hidden-in-the-numerous-releases.478476/

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
"underrated switch titles" is my chance to push Fuga: Melodies of Steel again even if that's not an "indie". if you like big tanks, turn based RPGs that aren't 90 hours long and furries it's highly recommended

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

An Actual Princess posted:

it actually runs identically to the original lol. chrono cross ps1 also ran like dogshit

amazing game though

The original graphics run the same as the ps1 version. The new graphics run worse. Performance is the same on all platforms, so it's just a dumb issue with however they did the new graphics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

DLC Inc posted:

p.s. bayo3 dead

I'm sorry that a franchise that's selling very well on Switch is getting its own Direct. Truly a tragedy