Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

There's another unrelated region called Iberia in the Caucasus Mountains

]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

They could probably do an identical achievement with Galicia and Galicia

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I also appreciate that there is a Pagan Kingdom located in Burma. I just find that funny, although I know that's the accurate name.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jun 16, 2022

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

scaterry posted:

It’s on the wiki page for achievements. It’s like 9 (?) random counties near the edge of the byzantine/arabian empires. Definitely an oversight that you can’t see it in-game imo

Oh thanks. Looks like it's Georgia plus a few counties. That's not so bad. Just gotta take on Byzantium. Looks like someone's getting murdered!

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Finally got the Dynasty of Many Crowns thing. YOLO'd the last few Kingdoms so I doubt they'll last long, but I'll get them back whenever. We'll see how the other ones do when I'm not as focused on killing off their powerful vassals.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Updated my drivers (NVIDIA RTX2060) and my in-game performance has tanked, anyone experience this in the past few days?

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Blimpkin posted:

Updated my drivers (NVIDIA RTX2060) and my in-game performance has tanked, anyone experience this in the past few days?

Sorry looks like yer alone there.

------

Had a penny-drop moment just now: since you can end the Iberian Struggle as an interloper who's conquered enough, a real classy/glorious way of doing it would be via Vangarian Adventure. Get a kabillion special troops, turn them into 10k renown, then bounce outa there to India or whatever all within a decade. With a now-complete pillage tree.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Kind of having fun just walloping on the Mongolian Empire. The great khan kept declaring war on me and I would crush them fairly quickly. Then I waited around for him to start a couple of wars somewhere else and just holy warred for the kingdom of Mongolia.

Don’t think this khan is getting far.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Serephina posted:

Sorry looks like yer alone there.

------

Had a penny-drop moment just now: since you can end the Iberian Struggle as an interloper who's conquered enough, a real classy/glorious way of doing it would be via Vangarian Adventure. Get a kabillion special troops, turn them into 10k renown, then bounce outa there to India or whatever all within a decade. With a now-complete pillage tree.

Have you looked at the foothold decision? It requires you to have an empire title. Also, you don’t even get renown from doing it

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Noticed a minor issue with the Iberian update.

I’ve spent my entire time zoomed into the Iberian peninsula.

Recently I jogged my mouse and was reminded that the world is simulated all the way up to India and the Tibetan plateau.

And I’m just playing Spain Kings 3.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Actually having said that, which others regions would the more historically knowledgeable among you lot like to see have struggles added?

I’d say the Byzantine Empire is ripe for a struggle which helps break it dow organically.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Actually having said that, which others regions would the more historically knowledgeable among you lot like to see have struggles added?

I’d say the Byzantine Empire is ripe for a struggle which helps break it dow organically.

Never mind the struggle mechanics — Byzantine to bring back (or perhaps more accurately: properly implement this time) its special imperial system, including a general update where control and stability is far more dependent on distance from the capital. Also, Italy, and more specifically the reintroduction (and refinement) of republic mechanics and general pope fuckery.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Real Cool Catfish posted:

The Struggle system is so malleable there really should be one for every Empire-tier region. I'm not too worried about Byzantium (if there's one thing Paradox will definitely do, it's give me a big ERE DLC). Annoyingly, the period of imperial breakdown/Islamic invasions in India doesn't really start until the Late Middle Ages, so an Islamic/Dharmic struggle would be kind of ahistorical for India at game start. Additional rules layers, like expanded intermarriage/alliance making abilities and looser rules to join conflicts would be nice all around though, to give the player/AI more tactical options early game.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I think the struggle mechanics could be put to good use in the HRE just to highlight its deranged system of electors, free cities and 5 mile wide statelets

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Yeah honestly every Roman crown should have it’s own struggle system for inheritance. And the fallout of the death of the greatest khan should be one too. Now that I would be happy to see.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The involved and interloper systems seem almost perfect for stuff like the rise of the Delhi sultanate

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

SlothBear posted:

Yeah honestly every Roman crown should have it’s own struggle system for inheritance. And the fallout of the death of the greatest khan should be one too. Now that I would be happy to see.

I agree they should have much more complicated (dare I say, Byzantine) succession mechanics than they currently do. I'm not sure the Struggle system is the way to go there though, a more robust inheritance system would be nice in-and-of itself. Of course, this all only lasts until I get a ruler with 10K prestige who can strip away the special ruleset and let me have whatever is currently closest to primogeniture, assuming the rules make it harder to get your desired heir on the throne.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

scaterry posted:

Have you looked at the foothold decision? It requires you to have an empire title. Also, you don’t even get renown from doing it

Oops, you're right about no renown. Wiki doesn't mention anything about needing an empire yourself however, just a kingdom for 15 years. But with no renown there's no point, booo.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

PittTheElder posted:

The Post-Antioch phase is the weakest area of my First Crusade reading, but this doesn't seem to actually be the case? There was endless squabbling between the 5 guys right at the top over who should be in charge, but the crusader army was still operating as one force all the way down to Jerusalem. They understood it was a dangerous environment and operating separately was asking to get massacred.

On that note though, a system for peeling off participants to create Crusader States in occupied territory as a crusade progressed that'd be sweet, but it's also a phenomenon pretty specific to the First Crusade and it's context.

I wouldn't mind a DLC that added historical mechanics to each crusade. So the first was about crusader states and a giant stack of cooperating dudes, while the fourth would be more like how it is now. Then expand the crap out of it.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I thought crusades were broken and not firing.

Only by the end of my Mozarabic I realized that they were happening all along, is just that I you dont get called to them if you are not catholic, even if the pope is your head

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Serephina posted:

Oops, you're right about no renown. Wiki doesn't mention anything about needing an empire yourself however, just a kingdom for 15 years. But with no renown there's no point, booo.

The wiki for some reason leaves out a lot of the requirements of the Iberian Foothold decision. And those requirements are really specific.

So to end the Iberian Struggle as an outsider, you need to:

-Hold an empire title ("that's not Hispania", but you can't form Hispania while the struggle is still ongoing, so that's a superfluous restriction)
-Hold at least 50% of your faith's counties within Hispania, if your faith is "involved", otherwise you need to hold at least 33% of the counties in Hispania
-Hold a de jure kingdom in of Hispania
-at least 50% of those de jure kingdom's counties must follow your faith
-you must have held that de jure kingdom for 15 years
-and most importantly, that de jure kingdom must border a de jure part of your (non-Hispanian) empire!

Which means you realistically can't end the struggle unless you're the emperor of Francia or the emperor of Maghreb. Unless you're playing with custom empires on, and create an empire that contains the kingdom of Aquitaine or the kingdom of Maghreb.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
Also, if you have 2 empires, you can't do it. I found out that if you have both the empires of Alba and Francia you can't use the Foothold decision.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Elias_Maluco posted:

I thought crusades were broken and not firing.

Only by the end of my Mozarabic I realized that they were happening all along, is just that I you dont get called to them if you are not catholic, even if the pope is your head

Yeah I realized this at one point too when Lollard england (the Lollards control almost all of the isles and scandinavia in my current game, it's kind of crazy) was suddenly catholic. You'd think they'd at least tell you and give you the option of joining in or something!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

SlothBear posted:

Yeah I realized this at one point too when Lollard england (the Lollards control almost all of the isles and scandinavia in my current game, it's kind of crazy) was suddenly catholic. You'd think they'd at least tell you and give you the option of joining in or something!

Yeah, it would make sense, I think

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
1.6.1 patch coming today

edit: It's live

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 21, 2022

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I'm glad that a bunch of bugs are being addressed, but some of those patch notes really leave something to be desired:

quote:

Adjusted the weight gain from Feasts

?!?!? UP OR DOWN?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Did they adjust how often you’re invited to feasts in the last update? I swear I get invited to feasts all the time now and that happened rarely before.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

quote:

P.S.: A crash was identified recently, which we were unfortunately not able to resolve in this update. We are however working on a resolution for this issue, which we will release as soon as possible.

The crash occurs if you let a Court Event sit in your Royal Court unanswered, meaning the game will crash when the event would time out.
This can be worked-around by answering your Court Events before they time out.

I was stoked to play this today, but this seems really annoying. The castle toilets are clogged, time to spend 3-5 minutes waiting for the game to spin up again.

Chess also didn't need its cooldown shortened, chess is already an awfully annoying source of popup spam.

DJ_Mindboggler fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jun 21, 2022

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Serephina posted:

I'm glad that a bunch of bugs are being addressed, but some of those patch notes really leave something to be desired:

?!?!? UP OR DOWN?

Assuming down since I literally don’t call them ever on most my chars since one or two feasts makes them obese even with a sparse food court.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

SlothBear posted:

Assuming down since I literally don’t call them ever on most my chars since one or two feasts makes them obese even with a sparse food court.

This amount of realism has stolen my ability to feel human, Paradox :sigh:

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

How do they define what West African is? Pondering a west african pagan getting involved in the struggle for my next playthrough.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

SlothBear posted:

How do they define what West African is? Pondering a west african pagan getting involved in the struggle for my next playthrough.

Assuming it's the same dev diary, it's those that follow an Akan, Mande, Hausa, Yoruba, or Senegambian faith.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Hellioning posted:

Assuming it's the same dev diary, it's those that follow an Akan, Mande, Hausa, Yoruba, or Senegambian faith.

Oh sweet. Thanks.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

I was stoked to play this today, but this seems really annoying. The castle toilets are clogged, time to spend 3-5 minutes waiting for the game to spin up again.

Chess also didn't need its cooldown shortened, chess is already an awfully annoying source of popup spam.

Fwiw the crash got hotfixed this morning

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Omnicarus posted:

Saw that, megalith building time. That's pretty great turnaround, even for Paradox's usually responsive team.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Omnicarus posted:

I have a save that is going great, but as soon as I unpause it crashes. I'm hoping it's related to that hotfix and not something else.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Wow, the near infinite renown growth you get from forming Baleo-Tyrrhenia has been nerfed :(

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Started a game with the intent of staying small. Started as the count of Innsbruck and I just can’t help myself. I’ve already expanded to two duchies. Having a special mine is pretty nice though.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Bird in a Blender posted:

Started a game with the intent of staying small. Started as the count of Innsbruck and I just can’t help myself. I’ve already expanded to two duchies. Having a special mine is pretty nice though.

Innsbruck is a great place. I've started there so many times with the plan to create Switzerland, and never quite manage to stick to just that size. If you do want to stay small, hybridize with Czech for the Mountaineer Ruralism tradition. Or start as a custom character with one of the mountain cultures like Sumpa or Qiang.

Not only do I basically never see the AI send gifts, but of course one of the rare times it does happen it's my rival who decides to give me cash...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

binge crotching posted:

Innsbruck is a great place. I've started there so many times with the plan to create Switzerland, and never quite manage to stick to just that size. If you do want to stay small, hybridize with Czech for the Mountaineer Ruralism tradition. Or start as a custom character with one of the mountain cultures like Sumpa or Qiang.

Not only do I basically never see the AI send gifts, but of course one of the rare times it does happen it's my rival who decides to give me cash...

When I'm the unquestionable top dog in an otherwise fractured Iberia, I regularly see neighboring rulers sending me gifts to keep me happy.

Fake edit: The new African pagan reformation mechanics are really nice.