Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj_pWv3ISAw

Spoilers for the whole drat MSQ up to the end of Endwalker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Regalingualius posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj_pWv3ISAw

Spoilers for the whole drat MSQ up to the end of Endwalker

So weird seeing Derplander in these in-game cutscenes. Especially the ones with Ardbert, his twin :v:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I have a 50% winrate too. I was winning probably about 80% for a while on the new frontlines but now people understand the meta better so it's more like 50% again. I wish they would revert Frontlines to when it was more about maintaining your battlehigh rather than someone choosing to kill you with their ult but i doubt that's going to happen. The Summoner spam is sort of dumb fun too. I wish they would colour code the Bahamuts at least so i could know if it's save to go near the 7 of them round the point.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

CJ posted:

I wish they would colour code the Bahamuts at least so i could know if it's save to go near the 7 of them round the point.
But then everyone would complain about being on the Flames with original flavour Bahamut instead of 'Winged Dragon of Ra' or Bahamut Anger Mode.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I meant just your bahamuts are blue and enemies are red like they do in MOBAs and BRs. They already have red models from SoS that they could reuse.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Just make the bahamut match the team colour.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Was playing CC awhile last night and thought about the poster a few pages back wondering what to do about a losing streak.

Although it's important to be aware of your own contribution and always be polishing your own gameplay sometimes it really is just rng and you can't control the other four players. It got to the point where if I saw a specific insanely bad player on a team(saw him five times, friend and foe) I knew that team was guaranteed to lose. The same idiot paladin suiciding into the enemy as fast as possible, trying to hold the crystal 1v5 and never once using his LB or any utilities, just hardcore dedicated/botting his way through as the blue dps too stupid to at least be a jackass as War/Drk/Gnb.

Just gotta keep at it. Or take a break and hope your next play session lines up with better odds.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Does MSQDR count as a level 50 dungeon for Catbook purposes? I think it does, but it's been a while since I've had it come up.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

rantmo posted:

Does MSQDR count as a level 50 dungeon for Catbook purposes? I think it does, but it's been a while since I've had it come up.

Yeah

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I solo queue Frontlines and play on controller (so trying to personally direct the horde is kinda futile, unless I drop the controller and die so I can type). So my win rate kinda sucks.

It doesn't actually matter, but it is a bit frustrating to see people with less than a year of play who have field marshal coats and I have, uh, 7 Seal Rock wins total after eight years.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

rantmo posted:

I believe that as of 6.1 it has a 2/3 chance of counting, as there are two dungeons and one trial it can be and the trial doesn't count.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I have just witnessed an absolute tragedy in the Gold Saucer.

https://imgur.com/sVJECn9

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Annoyingly, 4-man trials that pop up in roulettes don't count as dungeons. So another reason that getting Ifrit normal for your leveling roulette sucks.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
it's good, actually, since you get a crapton of xp for a 3 minute fight, and will just get your dungeon credit next day

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I’m in the final stretch to get everything to 90 now, just have Reaper and Dragoon left :toot:

Honestly, I wish I hadn’t slept on Sage and Reaper for as long as I did, they’ve been some of my favorite jobs in their respective roles

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Regalingualius posted:

I’m in the final stretch to get everything to 90 now, just have Reaper and Dragoon left :toot:

Honestly, I wish I hadn’t slept on Sage and Reaper for as long as I did, they’ve been some of my favorite jobs in their respective roles

I wish Sage had, like, one more DPS button to press, but it's otherwise easily my favorite job in the game. Everything flows together beautifully, all the animations are stellar, and it has large enough potencies to get the big number dopamine hit I'm otherwise missing from not playing WHM.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Spoilers for the EW role capstone:

Source

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
There are now zero available plots in Lavender Beds on my server. There are 3 smalls in the Mists, all of them garbage views, one in Shigirone which is... eh. And then literally nothing else. Nothing in Lavender Beds, nothing in Goblet. And the Goblet situation, even as someone who doesn't want a house in the Goblet, is extra ridiculous because of this:

gently caress off. YoshiP take all but one of those away, jesus christ

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Macaluso posted:

Now now, you wouldn't want to hurt the feefees of the house barons that post in this thread, would you? :ohdear:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

wait there's a master role quest that i haven't done yet???

edit: i completely forgot that i had already done them wow

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 20, 2022

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It was added in 6.1. You can pick it up in Radz-at-Han, where the other role quests started.

Edit: Ah, lol

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Kyrosiris posted:

Now now, you wouldn't want to hurt the feefees of the house barons that post in this thread, would you? :ohdear:

Given context I initially thought you meant "fiefs"

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

rantmo posted:

Usually. Porta Decumania (sic) doesn't. So its a 2/3 chance.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Zomborgon posted:

Given context I initially thought you meant "fiefs"

Oh no, we definitely want to ruin those. :v:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Macaluso posted:

There are now zero available plots in Lavender Beds on my server. There are 3 smalls in the Mists, all of them garbage views, one in Shigirone which is... eh. And then literally nothing else. Nothing in Lavender Beds, nothing in Goblet. And the Goblet situation, even as someone who doesn't want a house in the Goblet, is extra ridiculous because of this:

There are some on my server that are literally called «Shell».

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Macaluso posted:

lmao that's awesome

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I will accept housing barons on the one condition that they fill their wards with weird gimmick houses

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Macaluso posted:

Did someone win all those houses in the lottery? If not i don't see how it is relevant. Even if houses were limited to 1 per account those houses would still be occupied and you'd have nothing to bid on.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

CJ posted:

Did someone win all those houses in the lottery? If not i don't see how it is relevant. Even if houses were limited to 1 per account those houses would still be occupied and you'd have nothing to bid on.

Uh even if I personally do not win any of those houses if they were to suddenly open up, one single person shouldn't be owning almost an entire district by themselves.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

kill all the grandfathers

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Napkin mathing that those ~20 houses would go among say ~800 bidders, this process would give the average buyer ~2.5% of a house. It's most likely that whale wards like that would be in FC wards where the demand is already satisfied, so on most servers it would do effectively nothing. I really struggle to believe it's the best use of developer time in a system where the resources being allocated are such that it took them months and 8 blog posts to fix an off by one bug.

Much like in real life, the only actual solution is a massive increase in housing supply. Much like in real life, the world will probably end before that happens

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

It wasn’t even an off by one thing lol

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Ehh I could definitely see them just adding another block of wards to the housing districts, they're already adding new server infrastructure for every DC - which, by itself, will add a shitload of new houses to the game, whether or not new wards are added

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

No Mods No Masters posted:

I really struggle to believe it's the best use of developer time in a system where the resources being allocated are such that it took them months and 8 blog posts to fix an off by one bug.

Incorrect. Try again.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The solution doesn't fix things entirely so they shouldn't bother making things better.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Macaluso posted:

imo openly flaunting the spirit of the housing lottery like this should result in the mods making an example of you. If you're gonna make 30 shell FCs for the purpose of hoovering up an entire ward, at least put a minimal amount of effort into deniability.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

If it helps, I demolished my house in Shirogane on Excalibur a couple days back, so good luck to whoever gets it in the next lottery.

It's in an FC only ward. :ssh:

MadFriarAvelyn fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jun 20, 2022

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Vitamean posted:

Incorrect. Try again.

Naw they're right. Like all these houses are owned from forever ago in ye olden times before the popularity exploded. They were bought before the 1 house per person rule. They didn't do anything wrong at the time. You can argue well times changed, too bad and I would agree, but then they have to come up with a system for reclamation. They have to design a way for the person in the example to pick the house they want to keep before demolishing the rest. Or even just a system of, "we're going to demolish random houses until you own only one on date X, so if you want to make sure you keep a specific one, you better demolish the others yourself." It also gets weird when you have to factor in alts and people with multiple accounts and yada yada who cares just add more wards 5head your game has millions of subs you can afford the servers (uhh when they become available).

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Who knows, maybe a bunch just got freed up from the crypto crash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Turning demolitions back on is something they can do that would actually make a difference to the available housing. It sucks for the people in eastern Ukraine but it doesn't look like that poo poo is ending any time soon.