Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I love that Todd and Lyle are so freaked up about it that they immediately run away.

It's incredible, haha, they're both so weirded out by it.

I love that Lyle explains he knows how to kick a sleeping dude's rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Ran across this the other day and it's always been one of my favourite little Achewood arcs.

I wonder if your pants falling down with a comical sound are a normal consequence of a near-death experience? I love that Todd and Lyle are so freaked up about it that they immediately run away.

NO ONE SURVIVED...BREAST ATTACK ON gently caress MOUNTAIN

(If your gown is flipped in the afterlife when your soul returns to your body, your mortal pants will follow suit.)

Ok Comboomer posted:

I love that Cornelius is coming in to watch Gilmore Girls at the end

Who wrote this poo poo? Nerdy bitches on speed?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Ran across this the other day and it's always been one of my favourite little Achewood arcs.

I wonder if your pants falling down with a comical sound are a normal consequence of a near-death experience? I love that Todd and Lyle are so freaked up about it that they immediately run away.

never forget

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jerusalem posted:

I love that Lyle explains he knows how to kick a sleeping dude's rear end.

Yeah! That's one of those great little Achewood touches.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

e-dt posted:

isn't that strip from the Ray getting hit on the head by a softball arc and not from the later Ray going to rehab arc

oops but my point stands lol

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Holy poo poo!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

:aaaaa:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The panel with the dvd case pictured above is a masterpiece of design.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Of course Lyle, a near professional-level calligrapher, will only go for the most tastefully designed DVD covers. You'd never catch him interested in "How to weep the weepy-weep way"

And running away shows Lyle and Todd's deeply embedded survival instincts. If more horror movie protagonists ran away at the first sign of weirdness, there'd be no movie.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Today on That's So Achewood
https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/1538340465384099841?s=20&t=G6izCEXTEc_fCdeyDM3Ovw

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Am hearing reports that preorders for the big Achewood book have been cancelled. I did not order it because Onstad but was curious if anybody else has input

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

That entire account is full of Achewood style gold

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Am hearing reports that preorders for the big Achewood book have been cancelled. I did not order it because Onstad but was curious if anybody else has input

Mine currently says it's going to come out this June 26th! Totally going to happen!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

davidspackage posted:

Mine currently says it's going to come out this June 26th! Totally going to happen!

Absolutely nothing can go wrong!

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

davidspackage posted:

They received my order...just gonna shoot me an email when it ships. Any day now!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Absolutely nothing can go wrong!
what the heck it has a different name in America

also thanks for reminding me to change the address it's shipping to, because I have since moved

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Me at the end of this month:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

davidspackage posted:

Me at the end of this month:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

it doesn't even appear on Amazon any more

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

it doesn't even appear on Amazon any more

Shows up for me, but I do have a preorder in. Hadn't noticed the price had vastly increased too

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

dregan posted:

Shows up for me, but I do have a preorder in. Hadn't noticed the price had vastly increased too

Clarification: it's showing up in my wishlist, but searching for it brings up zilcho. Hrm

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Showing as Jan 2023 on bookshop.org to me!

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
There's a listing still accessible through the URL posted on the Oni Press page that announced the omnibus.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1620107546/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl

Achewood: The Complete Canon goes on sale July 14, 2020 and will be available wherever comics and books are sold.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
As with all things achewood I assume that it doesn’t exist until it has actually been released and finished.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

As with all things achewood I assume that it doesn’t exist until it has actually been released and finished.

I love achewood and I've got it pre-ordered but yeah, until it's in my hands, it is fiction.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Deathlove posted:

I love achewood and I've got it pre-ordered but yeah, until it's in my hands, it is fiction.

Technically it will also be fiction when it is in your hands.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Achewood was a documentary and the events happened in real time.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

:hmmyes:

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
As per Indigo (the main bookstore chain in Canada), it’s due for release in 2099.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Paper prices, along with just about every other commodity, have risen sharply. I can imagine it'd get canceled at this point just because the price of pre-orders two years ago doesn't cover the cost of production anymore, if there were a lot of pre-orders.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

:hmmyes:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Mine is at "order received." We'll see I guess.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
ppl are gonna post pics of their copies—printed, bound, shipped, and held in their hands—and I’m still not gonna believe it’s really done

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

With GnR's Chinese Democracy on shelves for 13 years, and Duke Nukem Forever for 11, Onstad saw a niche that needed filling. How that niche is filled is up to him. It's an exciting time.

Zaroff posted:

As per Indigo (the main bookstore chain in Canada), it’s due for release in 2099.

what the shock

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
this book release is actually a long piece of Cartilage Head-style performance art by Onstad

in 2099 the closest living heirs of each extant pre-order holder will receive a visit from a masked woman in a cape driving a 1948 Studebaker, who will wordlessly deliver a large handsomely decorated hardwood box containing twelve live fancy doves, a bottle of fine brandy, a copy of the book, and an erotic/obscene nude hand drawing of Cornelius by Onstad himself

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Planning to have the Spider-Man of 2099 pick up my copy. I can get it from him once he joins the Exiles and gets sent here at some point.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The Batman of Zur-en-Arrh will pick mine up. He has a robot double to hand-deliver it.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Today in Achewood phrases that I have not myself done, but can completely imagine the person who would: "All such as hotboxing a car with sandalwood incense"

e: and I mean like I am only an inch away from having done exactly that

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

e: and I mean like I am only an inch away from having done exactly that
I did that once (a girl was involved). When you light incense in a closed car, the smell gets incredibly overwhelming super fast.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jun 21, 2022