Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Smythe posted:

going to the bar to buy a 12 of "cold beer" like this is some extravagance. gently caress sakes.

To the bar? You mean the packie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

What a wonderful morning walking to the bike store to pick up my new bike and then riding it home!!

Bikes!

:hfive:

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Smythe posted:

coldies lol. east coast blue law bitch. puritan rear end mf
the gently caress is a blue law lol

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

mawarannahr posted:

whatever happened to the greater good?

People forget that traders need access to Dixons

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wolfy posted:

it's like blue comedy but only 9-9 and closed on sundays

mystes
May 31, 2006

Wolfy posted:

restrictions mostly on selling alcohol at certain times, or if you live in Bergen County in NJ:

quote:

NJSA 2A:171-5.8 prohibits the sale on Sunday of clothing or wearing apparel, building and lumber supply materials, furniture, home, business or office furnishings, household, business or office appliance.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

What a wonderful morning walking to the bike store to pick up my new bike and then riding it home!!

Bikes!

nice

Apr 7, 2003

mystes posted:

restrictions mostly on selling alcohol at certain times, or if you live in Bergen County in NJ:

sadly delaying my purchase of office appliances until monday

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Bikes!

That's a beautiful bike!

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Bikes!

:cool: bike. this reminded me i should get a top tube bag

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Bikes!

this rockbros phone case is a classic imo

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
thanks for all the positivity! had a great day riding, looking forward to riding up and down the river tomorrow.

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

this rockbros phone case is a classic imo

:amen:

Apr 7, 2003

I went for a ride today and saw some free range chickens chilling on the trail.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

mystes posted:

I lived in Florida in a county w no alcohol sales on Sunday and they would keep listerine in the fridge so all the alcoholics could cool off from the heat :unsmith:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

I lived in Florida in a county w no alcohol sales on Sunday and they would keep listerine in the fridge so all the alcoholics could cool off from the heat :unsmith:

Gonna guess... Liberty

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

hate cars

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

i havent been on the bike much lately fellas need to ride bike more

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I blew my tire today :(

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Here we can observe the American propensity for obesity spreading its pestilent influence throughout Europe:

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

Here we can observe the American propensity for obesity spreading its pestilent influence throughout Europe:

Imagine the damage that thing is doing to that brick road

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Imagine the damage that thing is doing to that brick road

literally should be illegal

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

SKULL.GIF posted:

what thr hell why are those cars roofs so goddamn shiny

also im Tettero Wetters

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Suplex Liberace posted:

I blew my tire today :(

Happy birthday to your tire!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SKULL.GIF posted:

one of the reason europe doesnt have big honking cars is that everything is actually really tiny and it'd be practically impossible to find a parking space or paralell park american monstrocites anywhere. uk is probably the most brain-damaged of the lot but still i had a mini cooper rental and it felt too big

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Also gas in europe is substantially more expensive, even in the more carbrained eras of the 80s and 90s. As a millennial i have never seen gas prices lower than like €1,40/L, with diesel being the cheaper alternative. they are currently both at €2 here where i live, probably destined to rise
it boggles my mind that americans used to pay similar prices but per gallon for a long time

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

Gonna guess... Liberty

Close, Madison county. I looked it up and all the dry counties are in the panhandle, aka “America’s armpit”

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

this is a mixed bag bc it pretty much necessitates everyone owning a pickup (to haul your refuse to the dump)

balderdash i used to do it in my chevy lumina (a sedan)

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

cool av posted:

making the foolish assumption that he isn't being paid off by the auto industry...I don't get it? is he really just terrified of walking?

In America I would assume he fantasized about running over black people, in the UK I dunno maybe Polish people?

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
It's been almost a year since I got my first car at the ripe old age of 35, and I still hate it!

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hirsute posted:

It's been almost a year since I got my first car at the ripe old age of 35, and I still hate it!

maybe get a pickup truck?

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

rode bike into work today. almost froze my dang ears off. need to get a beanie

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
There's a good bicycle communing thread in TGO. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3933970&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I biked to and around downtown Houston this weekend. I visited the area for a convention years ago, and decided to explore it because I heard they made a bunch of bike lanes.

The desolation immediately struck me. This downtown is an abandoned city. The streets and sidewalks were empty. You don't need a bike lane because all four lanes are empty. You have the entire road to yourself. I spoke to a few old people in the area, and they explained that downtown has been dead for decades. There's nothing to do. There's hardly any stores. It's just office towers with no business at street level. A few high rise apartment dot the area, but man it would suck to live here. It's all the downsides of city living with none of the benefits.

Also the bike lanes sucked rear end. The city installed armadillo bumps to protect them a little, but the pavement in the lane is in terrible condition. It also slopes a lot into the gutter, cutting the size of the bike lane in half at some spots.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Yeah I truly hate cities that are completely empty after 6:00pm and on weekends, it's the most depressing poo poo. You need some (non investor) people living there or tourism or something. Last time I was in Houston I did all the nerdy space center tourism stuff, that was stretched out over like three days because there was nothing else.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
:sickos:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

For reference, in case anybody is worried that Kelley is flirting with the abominable, this is almost certainly a response to the insanely horrible comic from Danzinger last week:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Epic High Five posted:

For reference, in case anybody is worried that Kelley is flirting with the abominable, this is almost certainly a response to the insanely horrible comic from Danzinger last week:

:yikes:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I gotta say the bleakness really works with Kelly's art.

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

Sphyre posted:

rode bike into work today. almost froze my dang ears off. need to get a beanie

Get one of those Merino wool skullcaps that goes under your helmet. Proper gear is like having a superpower.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

I gotta say the bleakness really works with Kelly's art.

It's a good idk, composition? Like the layout and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's a good idk, composition? Like the layout and stuff

Ya that's the right word