Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JERICHO VS ORTIZ 3 2.65%
DAX VS OSPREAY 72 63.72%
WARDLOW CLASS ACTION 2 1.77%
MIRO VS EGO 1 0.88%
TONI VS BRITT 4 3.54%
LADDER MATCH 31 27.43%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

STONE COLD 64 posted:

beach break 2023 needs to be somewhere completely preposterous like winnipeg manitoba or omaha nebraska

or perhaps...NOOOOORTH CAROOOOOOLINA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hangman is.. finding some brooms

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/MyEmblem_/status/1538909518045843457

owns

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I kmow there's other kinds of beaches but I was curious and the point in America furthest from the ocean is just outside Allen, South Dakota, near the Nebraska border. They should hold there, in a soybean field. Real field of dreams vibes

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Goddammit it was 3 daddy magic was robbed

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

hell yessssss

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh cool a new page. lid why did you include me on a list of posters and say We Need To Do Something. i have never called out other posters except to call out disgusting posting habits that used to plague these threads.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

does anyone know how to get to THE LAKE

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

STONE COLD 64 posted:

oh cool a new page. lid why did you include me on a list of posters and say We Need To Do Something. i have never called out other posters except to call out disgusting posting habits that used to plague these threads.

It's because you're part of The Kliq

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
wish they'd have their curtain call already

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
every person i scare into not posting is at least one less post we all have to read every week. doing my part to reduce the workload of the honest hard working thread readers.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

Boy it sure sounds like in wrestling you have to be careful about acting like an rear end in a top hat for heat to avoid legitimately upsetting other people

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I may not entirely agree with Lid on the details of the enemies list but I thank him for saying what needed to be said! I don't want to see it anymore!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
yea ok posted about it in the Feedback thread which seems a far better venue for hashing this out

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Sandman McMahon posted:

can i be the justin credible of this kliq

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Rarity posted:

yea ok posted about it in the Feedback thread which seems a far better venue for hashing this out

I think it says it all that the usual suspects immediately want to take it the feedback thread and brigade in there.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The AEW commentary team plan their bits, 1984 (not pictured: 3 year old Excalibur)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sandman McMahon posted:

it is news to me

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I think it says even more that the framing is "there was a manifesto calling people out", completely glossing over the many, many points Lid made that were not tied to any one poster in particular.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Chuck no, these people are not your friends :(

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

k im out. sorry cezar.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Are we getting to the point where in every new aew thread, every poster should introduce themselves staking out their position on 1) the women's division, 2) the booking of forbidden door & the njpw relationship in general, and 3) the men's tag division now?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Coaaab posted:

Are we getting to the point where in every new aew thread, every poster should introduce themselves staking out their position on 1) the women's division, 2) the booking of forbidden door & the njpw relationship in general, and 3) the men's tag division now?

And if they are part of a posting cabal.

Really good BTE this week. Poor Dustin :(

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
The faces are killing me, especially sad Lil Bowens

https://twitter.com/yngsovereign/status/1538260898917191680?s=21&t=7s3HrM-ThVZ4pyOOgufwSA

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

A while back but this is my favorite match of all time so I'm quoting it

from the bell ring to SCREW YOU MAN, gently caress YOU in record time

old warrior Mochi defying monster heel Shingo long past his physical limits

just incredible stuff

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Coaaab posted:

1)Jade is mommy
2)It’s ok, where is Danielson
3)Glad Jurassic Express lost, the Bucks are good. Glad the Hardy’s don’t have the belt. Sort of wish proud and powerful would have had a run already. Feel like we’ve had less traditional team vs team tag matches lately but maybe i’m forgetting some of them.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

1)Jade is mommy
2)It’s ok, where is Danielson
3)Glad Jurassic Express lost, the Bucks are good. Glad the Hardy’s don’t have the belt. Sort of wish proud and powerful would have had a run already. Feel like we’ve had less traditional team vs team tag matches lately but maybe i’m forgetting some of them.

2) still not cleared

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

the Yamcha pose is a really nice touch

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Coaaab posted:

Are we getting to the point where in every new aew thread, every poster should introduce themselves staking out their position on 1) the women's division

Yes

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
the women should stay whole, imo

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

projecthalaxy posted:

And similar posts about how NJPW is serious wrestlers doing real style matches and hitting each other for real etc

And yet here are promos and skits being shown to me so I am left saying ???

Basically a lot of action in the ring is the commentary team attempting to interpret the feelings emotions and actions of the wrestlers themselves. One thing that tends to sell stuff a lot for me is the announcer doing the dramatic entrances to set up the big matches at NJPW papes.

For instance in this https://vimeo.com/658401216 shingo match someone posted earlier. The walkout announcer is doing this whole almost poetic narration about jeff cobb's fall to evil [Translation mine] "A battle of limitless power, a conflict of strength on strength meeting over the NEVER openweight belt. A match that can only happen on top of the cerulean blue canvas (of the NJPW ring). Turning away from family, friends, everyone he held dear and joining the United Empire in a shocking turn. Throwing the past away and and choosing to be completely reborn. Surely he has the strength and the skill, even in Madison Garden he laid his hands on not one but two belts. But even that was not enough to keep him in the spotlight. The jealousy he held in his heart twisted into a black knot and took control of his mind. This rage and anger transformed him... that smiling Jeff Cobb of the past is no more. Is Takagi prepared for what's about to come? His greatest... and worst challenger has arrived. A fearsome duel has arrived". That's literally just 90 seconds of the video but these intros for their big matches paint a really dramatic picture without like forcing someone to act the scene out for you.

The commentary desk spends a lot of the patch talking about what they *think* is going through the mind of each competitor more like a baseball game or something than a melodrama. It's a subtle difference but it creates this barrier where we the audience are invited to interpret the actions of the wrestlers more like deeply because they're not just gonna turn around and tell the camera something when they wanna. For me personally it means I read a bit more into the matches or the individual movements of the match because they themselves are supposed to be more evocative.

Like the desk spends most of that match talking about Takagi just not being as strong as Jeff Cobb, which makes it dramatic when Cobb throws him off of the first pin attempt like a good 3 feet. And puts a real exclamation point on when Takagi uses the slingshot off the ropes to suplex Cobb.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

or perhaps...NOOOOORTH CAROOOOOOLINA!

we have beaches!! a lot of them!!!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

boxcarhobo posted:

we have beaches!! a lot of them!!!

The rocky shores of the outer banks would be a good place for a fight

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Hangman looking for happiness and brooms. And that map DOES look delicious

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cape fear match

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

The rocky shores of the outer banks would be a good place for a fight

a good ol fashoioned lighthouse rumble would be pretty sick

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

A beat the clock challenge except the ring is in a tide pool that is slowly filling with water and feral lobsters

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

boxcarhobo posted:

a good ol fashoioned lighthouse rumble would be pretty sick

Darby and Sting recreating the lobster scene from the Lighthouse and then Darby bumps down the spiral staircase.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Darby and Sting recreating the lobster scene from the Lighthouse and then Darby bumps down the spiral staircase.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

The shores of the Outer Banks aren't really very rocky