Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Me during the first few episodes of Ex WWE writer's podcast: Wow WWE seems like an insane place to work what an awful work enviroment.

Me on episode 4: Vince was right to bully these nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Gonzo McFee posted:

Me during the first few episodes of Ex WWE writer's podcast: Wow WWE seems like an insane place to work what an awful work enviroment.

Me on episode 4: Vince was right to bully these nerds.

"We had all these brilliant ideas we pitched to Vince"

*spends 20 minutes recapping the dumbest storylines you've ever heard in your life*

"Yeah so Vince hated our ideas and never used them, I couldn't figure out why"

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

vince and the writers deserve each other

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
At this point I'd take these writers over Vince cause at least they'd come up with entertainingly stupid ideas as opposed to Lesnar vs Roman for the 897th time

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Drakkel posted:

At this point I'd take these writers over Vince cause at least they'd come up with entertainingly stupid ideas as opposed to Lesnar vs Roman for the 897th time

Same. Trainwreck bad is at least entertaining. It's how I'm able to make it through the occasional NXT. Boring bad makes me turn the channel.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
The last time I heard anything about the profitability of AEW, it was that they would be profitable right now if they hadn't invested millions into the video game. But that was before some big money contracts, so who knows. It's not a public company, hopefully forever.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lmao

https://twitter.com/GOC_Wrestling/status/1538575817390927873?s=20&t=LknL9VSmY8Y8dKODPzepEg

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol oh no what a shame

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

too long didn't read version is i am formally announcing i have zero interest in the amazing powerhouse of entertainment wwe, to which the bad place cannot hold a candle

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
"A powerhouse of innovation" I say as Brock and Roman prepare to wrestle in the main event for the 460438th time

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/theiwcmessiah/status/1538881897048186880

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Like one of those Russian Nesting Dolls.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/iamdwayne514/status/1538917615758110720
when someones pfp is also your reaction to their tweet

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

really funny when someone does a 3 page notes app post to announce their grift has failed

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
It's confusing how it veers from "I knew virtually nothing about pro wrestling 3 years and had zero interest in it" to "I became a hardcore AEW fan literally overnight" to "spouting WWE bs that usually takes decades to attach to someone's brain" to "I need to save professional wrestling".

Apparently they have a podcast?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Gotta signal boost the Anorexia mocker, she's an ally after all.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

It's confusing how it veers from "I knew virtually nothing about pro wrestling 3 years and had zero interest in it" to "I became a hardcore AEW fan literally overnight" to "spouting WWE bs that usually takes decades to attach to someone's brain" to "I need to save professional wrestling".

She wanted to ride Cornette’s coat tails but since he’s in decline she’s punching out early I guess

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

1glitch0 posted:

She was being transphobic about Nyla Rose and making GBS threads on AEW in 2019 so nothing about her story even remotely checks out

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

at this point Grow The Audience is the free space on the Bad AEW Takes Bingo Board

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

1glitch0 posted:

The account used to be Girl On Cinema as she tried to board the right-wing-outrage-grift train about movies/TV, except nobody cared. Then she tried the same thing but with video games, and failed there too. Finally she hit an extremely minor amount of 'success' by doing the same thing but for wrestling and has never let go since despite truly pathetic engagement numbers.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

She seems lame.

Whoever she is...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shard posted:

She seems lame.

Whoever she is...

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

40 years of innovation is 10 years of just trying to find the next hogan and 20 years of just trying to find the next stone cold

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That’s only 30 years

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

That’s only 30 years

there are also the years where hogan and austin were on top so they really werent trying to find a new hogan or austin

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Pouring one out for the youtuber trying to get involved in something she doesn't care about to target a niche audience and failing at it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

She paired it with an onlyfans run so she probably made an ok amount of money off it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

She paired it with an onlyfans run so she probably made an ok amount of money off it

She definitely did not, all of her platforms did really poorly because she won't put the work in. Her patreon is probably her most successful and she had like 30 subs when someone checked.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

She definitely did not, all of her platforms did really poorly because she won't put the work in. Her patreon is probably her most successful and she had like 30 subs when someone checked.

lol owned

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

drat that grift sure crashed and burned

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Pouring one out for the youtuber trying to get involved in something she doesn't care about to target a niche audience and failing at it

Denise Salcedo is doing pretty well for herself I think.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

She definitely did not, all of her platforms did really poorly because she won't put the work in.

just like toni storm. i'm sorry. i'm trying to derlete it

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
What even IS fighting spirit?

I know these people probably don't watch a lot of stuff from Japan or indies but holy lol that people don't like those kinds of spots. Wrestling would be so boring if it wasn't for stuff like that. These people should just go watch backyard fights on YouTube or whatever

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If it’s not two 80s dads mauling each other in plain black trunks I don’t wanna know

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

Denise Salcedo is doing pretty well for herself I think.

Don't really think those two people are comparable

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

If it’s not two 80s dads mauling each other in plain black trunks I don’t wanna know

what if one of them has red trunks and great big pecs

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Elephant Ambush posted:

What even IS fighting spirit?

I know these people probably don't watch a lot of stuff from Japan or indies but holy lol that people don't like those kinds of spots. Wrestling would be so boring if it wasn't for stuff like that. These people should just go watch backyard fights on YouTube or whatever

https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1490340450397528065?s=20&t=yqjZ0nHckZjkMisZT8eCGg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Executed it too safe