Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

AnEdgelord posted:

Aren't nemesis bolters just loaded with a different type of ammo?

Nemesis bolters are sniper rifles. Kraken bolters are the special ammo ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I picked up the box set on Sat, but haven't decided on if I want to go Loyalist or Traitor, but my FLGS has one Kratos tank left in stock. Is it usable by both sides, and is it worth picking up regardless of which Legion I sell my soul to?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Randalor posted:

Is it usable by both sides, and is it worth picking up regardless of which Legion I sell my soul to?

Yes, maybe?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Ristolaz posted:

Nemesis bolters are sniper rifles. Kraken bolters are the special ammo ones

yeah I got that messed up, though the ones I was actually thinking about were the Banestrike Bolters that SoH and AL get

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Shotguns and nemesis bolters:

Seeker special ammo bolters:

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Anyone else not have their pre-order ship from GW yet?

I got the transfer, the dice, and a bookmark but so far it is still pending.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

jadebullet posted:

I havent gotten a shipping notification yet. Just went to the flgs to get some spray and they have several boxes :smith:

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
My FW SoH upgrade kit preorder is still pending but I kinda assumed that was just FW fuckery

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I've received notification of my codex book, but not the boxed set.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
The large order I put in including the box has been pending since the day it was put up for preorder. The tank I managed to order last weekend is already shipped and on its way. They must be real backed up.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

jadebullet posted:

I ordered the starter and a Kratos, still haven't gotten the ship notification.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Anyone had weird fitment issues with the deimos rhino floor? The rear tab seems extremely tight and doesn't actually sit all the way flush with the details on the underside.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
what is the gun that the Axe Praetor from the starter has hanging from his belt?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Thanks everybody for the Bolter knowledge!

I've had much more fun gluing stuff together this weekend than I expected.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I would not recommend Auspex Tactics for families

the_seventh_cohort
May 4, 2013

AnEdgelord posted:

what is the gun that the Axe Praetor from the starter has hanging from his belt?

I'm pretty sure it's a volkite charger.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

jadebullet posted:

Mine hasn't shipped yet either, which is pretty annoying given that a) I submitted the order about five minutes after the preorder went live on the Canadian store and b) I could literally walk across the street and buy everything I ordered at a discount at the FLGS that opened three days ago in the mall across from my apartment building.

(Except I am 100% sure that if I cancelled my order and then went over to buy the stuff, I'd discover they sold the last copy of the box between yesterday and today, and if I buy the stuff now before canceling my order, I'm 100% sure I'd get a shipping notification and my order would become ineligible for cancellation by the time I walked back to my apartment.)

Anyway, point being yeah they seem to be having fulfillment issues.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
It's been that way in the US for a while. Every time I order a new Black Library book, it usually ships at least a week after the "release" date. Very annoying.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Floppychop posted:

My preorder hasn't even shipped yet.

same!

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

smug jeebus posted:

I wouldn't recommend Auspex Tactics to anyone. Only exception is an insomniac that needs something to put them to sleep.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

the_seventh_cohort posted:

I'm pretty sure it's a volkite charger.

Nah thats what the sword guy has, the axe guy has something else but I dont recognize it.

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

AnEdgelord posted:

Nah thats what the sword guy has, the axe guy has something else but I dont recognize it.

it's some kinda archaeotech whatever-it-does pistol

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
speaking of, here are some hand crafted chogorian pattern nemesis bolters

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Is the Deimos-pattern Rhino the same size as the Sororitas rhinos (and their other vehicles that use the rhino chassis)? I'm just wondering if I can get away with using my Sororitas rhinos while I build out the rest if my army, then pick up the Deimos-pattern rhinos last.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Randalor posted:

Is the Deimos-pattern Rhino the same size as the Sororitas rhinos (and their other vehicles that use the rhino chassis)? I'm just wondering if I can get away with using my Sororitas rhinos while I build out the rest if my army, then pick up the Deimos-pattern rhinos last.

You can use whatever Rhinos you want, imo. I'm going to keep using my old plastic ones just because I don't really see the need to spend 200 bucks updating them.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

smug jeebus posted:

It is good as a way to fall asleep I found. I don’t think it’s a horrible channel, but I can certainly understand why it is very much not for everyone. It was useful initially for me as a this person updates all the time totes a good way to stay in the loop, but I’ve found other channels that do that and that are little more….alive and also not just slide shows.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Does anyone have a preferred set of Jump packs/arms to print to turn some of the box beakies into assault marines? I've been looking at cults and thingiverse and there's a ton of stuff, but I can't tell if any of it is good or not.

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Does anyone have a preferred set of Jump packs/arms to print to turn some of the box beakies into assault marines? I've been looking at cults and thingiverse and there's a ton of stuff, but I can't tell if any of it is good or not.

Etsy has a lot of options for that sort of thing if you're ok with already printed stuff. For jump packs, these look reasonably good, but I haven't bought from that store before so I can't tell you if they actually are.

Aesaar fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 21, 2022

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.

goodness posted:

Not my model but if anyone is looking for MK6 jump pack I found this. It is modeled after Dominion Zephon's

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/jumppack-for-2-0

not an empty post

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Bad Decision Dino posted:

not an empty post

Thanks, I missed this post earlier.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Randalor posted:

You can use whatever Rhinos you want, imo. I'm going to keep using my old plastic ones just because I don't really see the need to spend 200 bucks updating them.

Yeah the Mars pattern is around in 30K and was even favoured by Iron Warriors, something about better environmental sealing.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

this is already covered by me playing emperor's children

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Is the special weapons upgrades set usable with the MK3 and MK4 and if not does it at least seem like they can be modified to work?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Lucinice posted:

Is the special weapons upgrades set usable with the MK3 and MK4 and if not does it at least seem like they can be modified to work?
They’re not designed for it but I think people have made it work. The older marines have an open left hand that stuff sits in (so only one hand on any weapons) whereas the new ones have both hands modelled as part of the gun because they fit specific marines from the new kit exactly.

You’ll need to cut off the open left hand and you’ll probably need some filler to get the hand attached correctly. Alternatively you can try sanding down the extra hand on the special weapon and sit it in the open hand of the old marine.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Oh weird, I figured there'd be more cross compatibility since with the old kits everything but the MKIV rocket launcher was meant to be used with the same arms you'd use for the bolter.

But the new ones have the left hand molded onto the handguards so you're probably going to have to clip those hands off.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

It's incredibly stupid. It also doubles the amount of magnets I need to magnetise all my tacticals :lol:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Does anyone know what base size centurions and their consul upgrades are supposed to be on? I know the new praetors are 40mm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Are those Kruleboy shields? Love me a snarling face on a shield.