Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Read After Burning posted:

Chipotle Tests New Mexican Cauliflower Rice

:tinfoil:

lmao why would someone loving care if the pink paste their nuggies are made of came from a chicken or a bug? What's the material difference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

just follow the money

who would profit from everyone eating bugs???

yeah, that's right

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

What’s that tweet by sone critic no one cares about that says something like “actually critics are more important than those who actually create things. Anyone can create, it is up to the critics to tell people about that stuff!”
As an opinionated internet blowhad who has never produced anything of worth I approve of this message.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

First they make our rice gluten-free

Then they make our bugs rice-free

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

hawowanlawow posted:

just follow the money

yeah, that's right

Big Bug

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

hawowanlawow posted:

just follow the money

yeah, that's right

...Timon and Pumbaa?

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

...Timon and Pumbaa?

It all comes back to Disney.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

https://twitter.com/martha_306/status/1538356178014588930?s=24

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
You could probably get those trad RETVRN dummies to be all-in on bugs by invoking John the Baptist subsisting off locusts and wild honey in the wilderness.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Chipotle Tests New Mexican Cauliflower Rice

:tinfoil:

There's a conspiracy that the powers that be wants to brainwash people into accepting insects as food and it's fascinating because it's one of the few conspiracy theories that unites people across the aisle. They just have different ideas about who holds the power

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you make insects taste good I will eat them, I don't need to be brainwashed, the reason I don't eat many bugs is cos most bugs don't seem like they would be pleasant to eat.

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
People already eat insects (though insect protein is kind of a novelty in most places currently), weird people just keep getting mad over different kinds of food being available and acting like variety is some kind of conspiracy. No one wants to replace regular rice with cauliflower they are just offering an alternative.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Bugs are a great source of protein with a minimal impact on the environment. Turn them into cheap, palatable bars of food and I'll slot that right into my diet

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I don't want to eat a little bag of organs though :(

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Yeah if the bugs taste good what’s the problem? I’ve had chocolate covered crickets before and guess what, it tastes like a crunchy chocolate snack. They’re fine. I’ve had fried crickets too, they just taste like fried.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
A Oaxacan place near me has crickets...my boss swears they're great and "kinda just taste like sunflower seeds or peanuts". I just can't get over the legs, though! What if I feel a gross little hairy bug leg scrape its way down my throat?!

Splicer posted:

I don't want to eat a little bag of organs though :(

Honestly, this is why I don't eat oysters/clams/mussels/shrimp...I don't want to eat the entire critter and all its innards! :ohdear:

Meanwhile, scallops and crab are both dope as hell. :colbert:

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
Many bugs have the same proteins in their shells as shellfish so people with shellfish allergies shouldn't eat them. But otherwise they're just protein (while i don't find the idea of chomping down on a whole bug very appealing there are more heavily processed things like cricket flour)

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Me watching bug chat flare up again.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Honestly, this is why I don't eat oysters/clams/mussels/shrimp...I don't want to eat the entire critter and all its innards! :ohdear:

Meanwhile, scallops and crab are both dope as hell. :colbert:
Yeah if someone handed me a grasshopper leg the size of a chicken wing or whatever I would absolutely chow down.

I do eat shrimp but every so often I go "Argh what the hell am I doing" and go off them for a while.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
My goons you devein the shrimp. It's nothing but a protein hunk. Are you eating their poop shafts? Do you eat their heads too? Christ goons.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I dunno about poop veins, but Google tells me there are quite a few people who leave the heads on and suck the innards out. :shrug:

Never mind, apparently some places leave the poop vein attached after serving. :stare:

Edit: you are right in reminding me that shrimps can be de-veined, which isn't quite the same anatomy as oysters/clams/mussels.

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 22:25 on Jun 20, 2022

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I make their heads into a tasty tasty stock, when I can get shrimps with heads on.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
When I learned about the poop vein, my taste for shrimp took quite a dive. I like the cute little https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandalus_borealis guys, they just look like pink curlies, not a poop vein in sight thanks to modern industry. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiteleg_shrimp is a common species to batter and fry, much bigger and meatier, but the deveining doesn't always happen, probably because it's a manual process, and poo poo(lol) happens.

Anyway, you'll hate yourself a lot when you bite the butt end off a store-bought battered shrimp and see that black streak. At least I did the other week.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
smdh you're all about eating rear end, until it's time to eat a bottomfeeding crustacean whole

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
this time the idiot on social media is a brand.
Did you know that liquid death invented skulls?

Now that could just be a cheeky jab on social media, where you note 2 things look alike for engagement, right?

Nope when the artist who drew the new logo said "I actually don't know your brand, and didn't use it as an inspiration, don't accuse me of plagiarism"
They reaponded with a wall of text where they simultaneously backpedal and double down.

Here's the artist's post, followed by theirs.

Edit: Nuclear Blast Records has been around for like 30 years, and the owner of Liquid Death back pedaled further in private conversations saying it was always intended as a joke, but nah that's totally damage control.

Coolness Averted has a new favorite as of 23:15 on Jun 20, 2022

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

It's reassuring (no, that's not the right word) that a dude with the mindset of a tenth-grader can rise to become the multimillionaire CEO of a company selling... canned water.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

That brand is a shitshow (gives me "If Epic Meal Time sold water" vibes), but "I don't even like water" is absolutely SENDING me.

To be clear, apparently products like this are great for recovering/former alcoholics. I just...hate the "gently caress YEAH EDGY TESTOSTERONE DEATH!!!!" marketing.

For more Liquid Death mocking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkSOB_hxjiU

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 23:25 on Jun 20, 2022

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
:qq:
https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1538862329521127425?t=owV6JNTG68f6mVGKnO8UaQ&s=19

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Maybe Jorp should get eaten by a bear

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I would be incredibly distraught if somebody burned down Jordan Peterson's home while he slept. It would be a terrible tragedy.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

That's a hell of a headline

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The sentence structure equivalent of offroading in a ford fiesta.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

what's even the significance of box office numbers when the movie went directly to streaming

going by box office numbers, their last movie did even worse but it was a huge driver of disney+ subscriptions

quote:

Turning Red
Budget: $175 million
Box office: $19.2 million

Lightyear
Budget: $200 million
Box office: $85.6 million

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The significance is that the old conservatives who are the target audience of the headline are likely not to know about that and/or won't care if faced with the opportunity to validate their pre-existing narrative about the world.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Discourse! Discourse! Get yer transphobic discourse 'ere!
https://twitter.com/becketcook/status/1538953090933485568
(The comments are full of people roasting this guy, and it's hilarious.)

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1538972547596926976

My favorite..."good thing he DIED before he could get CANCELED" is a thought I'm seeing more and more chuds post, and it's hilarious every time.
https://twitter.com/Juggers4/status/1538974770934448128

And a good response:
https://twitter.com/CynicaLyricist/status/1539030618524160000
https://twitter.com/CynicaLyricist/status/1539030907125780481

Finally, here's a random fan-fiction:
https://twitter.com/Andymac63935/status/1538974434748514304

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 01:22 on Jun 21, 2022

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Varg Vikernes was finally banished from twitter, PYF Varg

https://twitter.com/Chinchillazllla/status/1479495051499692034

I also remember him getting horny about a white teen posting demure pics that everyone was making fun of for a while

Reading the wikipedia page for any of these black metal dudes without laughing should be a challenge, it's all "and actually HellGrim intended to kill MurderDeath, but was thwarted by Varg Vikernes (Count Grishnakh) who killed him first"

eating only apples has a new favorite as of 01:22 on Jun 21, 2022

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Speaking of idiocy surrounding the Lightyear movie, Ttwitter has been having a minor freakout for months over how confusing the concept of the Lightyear movie apparently is, and it reflects pretty badly on the state of nerd discourse. We had the Buzz Lightyear of Star Command cartoon in 2000, it had the opening where the Toy Story toys gather around the TV to watch, and while I didn't check the internet for it at the time, I'm pretty sure everyone was fine with it.

It had a single 62 episode season, and I don't know if that counts as successful for that old mode of production.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dr Christmas posted:

Speaking of idiocy surrounding the Lightyear movie, Ttwitter has been having a minor freakout for months over how confusing the concept of the Lightyear movie apparently is, and it reflects pretty badly on the state of nerd discourse. We had the Buzz Lightyear of Star Command cartoon in 2000, it had the opening where the Toy Story toys gather around the TV to watch, and while I didn't check the internet for it at the time, I'm pretty sure everyone was fine with it.

It had a single 62 episode season, and I don't know if that counts as successful for that old mode of production.

That's pretty successful, the model of kids cartoons at that time they usually stop at 50 since that's enough for reruns and most of the original audience has aged out of watching it.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Dr Christmas posted:

:psyduck: How are people confused? "The Buzz Lightyear toy in Toy Story 1 is merch for a in-universe media series and there are many other Buzz Lightyear toys" was literally a major plot point of Toy Story 2. They even do the intro fake-out where Buzz "dies", except surprise, it's just Woody and co. playing a Buzz video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think it's partly that this was marketed as being about the "real" buzz.