Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

FilthyImp posted:

Toss Amber Heard onto that pile.

The heist can be stealing a rare bottle out of Depp's pirate-themed wine cellar.

Hmmm you continue to suck rear end in this thread. Shut up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I didn't read or listen to any of the JvA trial and I have absolutley no opinion on it specifically. Its a freeing feeling. I do know that hitting people is wrong regardless of your X and or Y chromosomes.

If there were to be a team of disgraced hollywood types to round up Miller, Roman Polanski would be the Amanda Waller.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

site posted:

ezra Miller
Jared leto
Kevin spacey

James Woods
Jeremy Piven
Danny Masterson
Mel Gibson
Johnny Depp
James Franco
TJ Miller
Thomas Middleditch
Armie Hammer
Ansel Elgort
Morgan Freeman (maybe)

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

James Woods
Jeremy Piven
Danny Masterson
Mel Gibson
Johnny Depp
James Franco
TJ Miller
Thomas Middleditch
Armie Hammer
Ansel Elgort
Morgan Freeman (maybe)

Louis CK as the obviously way underpowered member who not only survives but somehow ends up being vital in the final battle

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

This conversation utterly sucks. Steer it back towards Miller.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Honestly I'd rather it be steered towards an entirely different topic.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of bonkers how Thor is just a couple of weeks away.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Cartridgeblowers posted:

This conversation utterly sucks. Steer it back towards Miller.

Do we have to? Are there maybe other comic book movie things? I hear Feige hinted at Secret Wars for Phase 5 today.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

theironjef posted:

Do we have to? Are there maybe other comic book movie things? I hear Feige hinted at Secret Wars for Phase 5 today.

I rewatched Darkman a few weeks ago, holds up.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

theironjef posted:

I imagine it'll be modified a bit but yeah I can't see how they don't head that way eventually, especially now that the multiverse and incursions are on the table. Be a good way to deal with anything they want to reboot or retcon by then, too

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Feige said there have been clues for the next big saga.

So we've seen buildups for:

Thunderbolts
Young Avengers
Kang
Multiverse
Blade
Space stuff with Eternals and Shang-Chi
Incursions

So I think it does look like it'll be something related to the multiverse, and Secret Wars is a good bet

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I'd say not just Blade but the beginnings of a Midnight Sons. I'm honestly curious to see if Ghost Rider isn't coming sooner than we'd thought.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

all laying the foundation for phase 6: The King in Black :kheldragar:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Multiverse of Madness his Disney+ this week. Looking forward to watching it again!

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Does Knull have a potentially tragic backstory? One where the audience, I daresay, may come to…sympathize with him to some extent?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
No but Galen can certainly be sympathetic and they can build up to a Galactus sacrifices itself to stop the Multiverse from making GBS threads itself.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Ew. If they're building up to Incursions and Secret Wars stuff that *has* to be the point everything gets a reboot and winds up being smaller films for a while doesn't it?

theironjef posted:

I'd say not just Blade but the beginnings of a Midnight Sons.
Blade is a hit and then the followup is Blade v Dracula v Wolfman v Frankenstein's Monster. Just go full Marvel Monsters, with the finale movie being against the Cancerverse.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I watched Blade again the other week and I straight up cannot think of any other film where the hero looks so loving awesome imperiously kicking titanic amounts of rear end at the end. Wesley is just a wrecking ball with legs for days crashing down on motherfuckers and punching them across the room - I would not want to be a mook/stuntman on that set.

He was so loving great in that movie and new guy (already pushing 50) has a hella big boots to fill.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol if you think Mahershala Ali won't be awesome

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

I rewatched Darkman a few weeks ago, holds up.

it absolutely does

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Codependent Poster posted:

He’ll pale in comparison to Snipes. Blade is top tier of all time.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

More and more people asking for K N U L L

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s not difficult to ice skate uphill. Canadians do it to school, both ways.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

He’ll be different and well, folks don’t cotton to different ‘round these parts.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
If the iceskate line or some reference to it isn't in the Blade movie, it's an automatic 0/10, I don't care.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

FilthyImp posted:

Ew. If they're building up to Incursions and Secret Wars stuff that *has* to be the point everything gets a reboot and winds up being smaller films for a while doesn't it?

I mean you'd think so but also so far in Phase 4 we've had Black Widow (about a dead woman) and Shang-Chi and otherwise all the movies are big multiversal affairs with the exception of Eternals where a loving Celestial rises from the Earth which I'd classify as a big deal even if it felt like nothing of consequence happened.

I think "smaller" is what the TV/Disney+ things are for (except for when they're not like Loki or What If)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

TwoPair posted:

with the exception of Eternals where a loving Celestial rises from the Earth which I'd classify as a big deal even if it felt like nothing of consequence happened.

Right??

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I am still uncertain how a celestial crawling 1/3 out of the Earth’s core did not irrevocably gently caress up the entire planet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That’s because you’re thinking of what would happen if a celestial came out of the Earth we know. MCU Earth is clearly composed completely differently since it was actually a celestial egg.

Does make you wonder what Ego was doing to it though.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

A wizard fixed it.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Sanschel posted:

I am still uncertain how a celestial crawling 1/3 out of the Earth’s core did not irrevocably gently caress up the entire planet.
Magneto inverted the magnetic pole of the earth and did poo poo like level Shanghai and Syndey.

It all wormed out ok. He got a nice rural compound in the next film.

Lol

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

TwoPair posted:

Eternals where a loving Celestial rises from the Earth which I'd classify as a big deal even if it felt like nothing of consequence happened

Really does seem like more should probably be made of that. There's a massive new island in the shape of an alien god that arose from the sea, you gotta figure that would produce some disastrous ecological effects and just general confusion and exploration.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Will Mahershala Ali refuse to open his eyes for hours and have to have them CG'd in

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

TwoPair posted:

I mean you'd think so but also so far in Phase 4 we've had Black Widow (about a dead woman) and Shang-Chi and otherwise all the movies are big multiversal affairs with the exception of Eternals where a loving Celestial rises from the Earth which I'd classify as a big deal even if it felt like nothing of consequence happened.

I think "smaller" is what the TV/Disney+ things are for (except for when they're not like Loki or What If)

I suppose Shang-Chi was also multiversal, since the big problem was an ancient portal to whatever dimension the Dweller was trapped in.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

FilthyImp posted:

Blade is a hit and then the followup is Blade v Dracula v Wolfman v Frankenstein's Monster. Just go full Marvel Monsters, with the finale movie being against the Cancerverse.

If Marvel managed to make a Dark Universe after everything Universal did to try and get one started, that would be most hilarious.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
An interesting angle (that might addresses some of the gimmick-stealing bullshit in Eternals) could be to set up Galactus VS the Celestials as a conflict where the good guys have to scramble to make sure whoever's left standing doesn't destroy the Earth

Maybe have the Celestials be a recurring thing throughout the rebirth of the universe and Galactus ascends to the position of devourer as a means of avenging the sovereignty of sentient beings by eating slumbering Celestials (he ends up killing the civilizations that are too immature to evacuate in the process though)

This would also put him above the Celestials WHICH IS WHERE HE BELONGS FRANKLY

Samovar posted:

If Marvel managed to make a Dark Universe after everything Universal did to try and get one started, that would be most hilarious.

I'm picturing a world where there's a vaguely spooky Marvel movie every October after Universal beefed it and DC has failed miserably at making the "Dark Justice League" a thing

s'pretty funny

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Samovar posted:

It's still coming! I still have faith!

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Endless Mike posted:

It's still coming! I still have faith!

I mean, kinda, bits of it are still being developed in a fashion. I'm kinda curious about Dark Army, but frankly that one seems like it'll be cancelled at any moment. I enjoyed The Mummy well enough, but it really just wasn't good enough to do what they wanted it to do.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Still love that Vanity Fair photo of the future stars of the Dark Universe with poor Boutella standing there just knowing she's not the "real" franchise mummy. Like if there was a future of Marvel shoot in like 2008 and it was RDJ, Hemsworth, Evans, and Geoff Bridges.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

theironjef posted:

Still love that Vanity Fair photo of the future stars of the Dark Universe with poor Boutella standing there just knowing she's not the "real" franchise mummy. Like if there was a future of Marvel shoot in like 2008 and it was RDJ, Hemsworth, Evans, and Geoff Bridges.

Was that because Tom Cruise was going to the The Mummy? I never bothered watching it because the movie looked bad and it seemed way to enamored with the concept of someone having two irises. It almost feels like the movie was built around that shot. Like how Oz the Great and powerful almost feels entirely build around the shot of the Wicked Witch crying and her tears scarring her face.

Because witches can't get wet. The dumbest weakness ever. I'm sorry, Wizard of Oz is an amazing film in so many ways, but that was just dumb. As Futurama put it "How could a small amount of water ever get on me!!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Was that because Tom Cruise was going to the The Mummy? I never bothered watching it because the movie looked bad and it seemed way to enamored with the concept of someone having two irises. It almost feels like the movie was built around that shot. Like how Oz the Great and powerful almost feels entirely build around the shot of the Wicked Witch crying and her tears scarring her face.

Because witches can't get wet. The dumbest weakness ever. I'm sorry, Wizard of Oz is an amazing film in so many ways, but that was just dumb. As Futurama put it "How could a small amount of water ever get on me!!!"

Oh yeah, I guess spoilers for a movie that is old now, but she dies and Tom Cruise gets the sequel setup ending where he's riding around in the desert with his ghost friend and his monster hand wrapped in bandages.