Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I could never get myself through that first trails in the sky game because I just found the gameplay too boring, and also I didn't like what I learned about how the main characters relationship progresses from spoilers. I thought about just jumping to Cold steel but people just waged me from doing that and now there's a million Cold steel games so that there's too much of a backlog to do anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011

Tupperwarez posted:

Is there a clip of them reading the letter about the awful bullying documentary? I just want to see look on their faces as they see what incredible scumbags the director and his friends are.

Woolie posted a clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4lV6oj1_h8

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i enjoyed trails in the sky 1 and 2, and thought they made a perfectly fine coherent story where you follow the development of the two leads. Although the ending in the second one was a bit poo.

Obsessing over getting every single bit of incidental dialogue is a bit much. Yeah, it's great that it changes often and you can "follow" what they're doing, but it's never essential info. Unless you're really obsessed with getting the ultimate weapons for what is a pretty easy game.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://twitter.com/RSSLiam/status/1535884625431633921

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm sure I'm completely out of touch with why people watch Woolie's videos but wanting him to play Trails seems completely insane

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Two hour sessions of nothing but reareanging orbments

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Book Reading Episode but 6 hours in Woolie Realizes that he missed book 6 of 12

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/EyePatchWolf/status/1536385640329203712

Somehow, the thought of Dan Olson and Woolie in a video together isn't one that's ever occurred to me.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOJfuxREygQ

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Oh boy more GN60S

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

i have watched the super mario rpg LP two times in the last 3 months, ask me how i'm doing

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
i already know the answer is "depressed"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

beep by grandpa posted:

i have watched the super mario rpg LP two times in the last 3 months, ask me how i'm doing
Wait there's a super mario rpg LP?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
please god let this mean there's another woolie/SEP LP in the works

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Oxxidation posted:

it’s a bad series

Yeah

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Grouchio posted:

Wait there's a super mario rpg LP?

Yeah, Pat and Liam did an LP for it in 2015

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL57hJfweW_2s1aLE9WtLCzKAAWWK0VJeH

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

The run time for it is surprisingly short

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

it goes down in channel history as absolutely the dumbest playthrough of all time as far as not understanding simple concepts, making very uninformed, stupid decisions, overthinking mechanics, bragging about the game being for babies after they used gamefaqs to find all the endgame ultimate weapons and not discovering until 4 hours into the game that there is a run button

but nevertheless it is still a jolly, fun good time and super mario rpg is the most charming game ever made by humans so it makes up for all of it.

besides the run button fiasco, my biggest problem with it is pat took some offhand comment woolie made to heart and thus they skip basically all of the sidequests, which are good. it's a shame because the boys would have really loved the jinx martial arts dojo bit, but they never even enter his room.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

man going back and rewatching some old SBFP lp's and im struck by just HOW BAD the audio was. lots of echo, you can barely hear the game, and they NEVER shut up. I know it was the style at the time but good lord

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Indecisive posted:

man going back and rewatching some old SBFP lp's and im struck by just HOW BAD the audio was. lots of echo, you can barely hear the game, and they NEVER shut up. I know it was the style at the time but good lord
I adored it most of the time

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Indecisive posted:

Yeah it was pretty great.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Reggie slowly discovering how Mass Effect works is way more soothing and comforting than I could have possibly expected

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Froghammer posted:

Reggie slowly discovering how Mass Effect works is way more soothing and comforting than I could have possibly expected

in what sense

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Indecisive posted:

Some where better than others

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
I remember finding it refreshing at the time because most of the SA LP forum had browbeaten each other into only doing monotone commentary over perfect game footage. I liked that SBFP felt like a continuation of the Freelance Astronauts.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Pennsylvanian posted:

I remember finding it refreshing at the time because most of the SA LP forum had browbeaten each other into only doing monotone commentary over perfect game footage. I liked that SBFP felt like a continuation of the Freelance Astronauts.

Yeah come to think of it, I was consuming a lot of SA LPs and then I found SBFP around the same time I found Men Drinkin Coffee, who have that same relaxed vibe and that's all I've desired ever since. Goes without saying but SBFP had the unashamed passion that was always lacking everywhere else here. The pendulum's always gotta swing back the other direction :-]

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

dunno why i thought about it but i just started cracking up thinking about a line from the Ride to Hell: Retribution playthru, the part in the DLC you control jake driving around a live, armed, uncovered nuclear bomb on the bed of a semi speeding down a public highway and pat remarks in his very serious tone voice "if you got caught...driving this truck..."

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 21, 2022

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
The best part of that playthrough was the Qui-Gon Jinn/Quan Chi bit.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUn94E0eNuI

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

dunno why i thought about it but i just started cracking up thinking about a line from the Ride to Hell: Retribution playthru, the part in the DLC you control jake driving around a live, armed, uncovered nuclear bomb on the bed of a semi speeding down a public highway and pat remarks in his very serious tone voice "if you got caught...driving this truck..."

no seriously look how stupid this is

look at it

https://i.imgur.com/YiAvQHv.mp4

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I love how just before the screen transitions you can see the background convert from making the truck look like it's driving 200 mph into being the background for the next scene.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Haha I didn't notice that, or how fast it seems to be going at first. 200mph might be half what it was going :lol:

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?

beep by grandpa posted:

Unironically one of my favorite Pat quotes of all time. "A private individual...stole a nuclear weapon. 'Jimmy just stole it.' gently caress. Off."

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

when Pat is dunking on something you don't like / has an opinion you agree with: hahaha, hell yeah, this is great, Pat's so right
when Pat is dunking on something you like / has an opinion you don't agree with: aw man what the hell this sucks he's so wrong

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
It's pronounced Hydrocity

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

yes, I agree, HydroCity, like a water city

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Didn't system of a down write a song about that :v:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

"Welcome to wetfast zone" - FREAKS and IDIOTS

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

if it were hydro city there would be a SPACE in the name. you utter buffoons. sorry you dont understand BASIC ENGLISH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Indecisive posted:

if it were hydro city there would be a SPACE in the name. you utter buffoons. sorry you dont understand BASIC ENGLISH

Yep, they did add spaces to "ice cap" and "launch base"