Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

How prevalent are kangaroos in everyday Australian life? Are they like being in the temperate US and seeing a squirrel (almost everywhere at all times, guaranteed to see one whenever you go outside), or are they more like deer and possums (pretty prevalent but a little more rare, you see them once in a while at night).

you ever seen Wake In Fright, man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Alpacas are very soft. For my wife's birthday in 2021, we hired alpacas to come to our house and hang out for a bit. They love to eat dandelions. Who knew?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
my comic book podcast co-hosts tricked me into agreeing to read a Jeph Loeb comic fffffffffff

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

They were wise to do this

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

my comic book podcast co-hosts tricked me into agreeing to read a Jeph Loeb comic fffffffffff

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I convinced my wife to take up watching Steven Universe months ago for my son’s nightly routine and now she’s made it to the last season and I have to keep an eye on where they are to be a part of major reveals. Then the end of the series. Then the movie. Then the new series.

What I’m saying is Steven Universe owns and the tag team
of Tiger Millionaire & Purple Jaguar is one of the best wrestling teams of all time.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

There are worse things to read.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My daughter got me super into Amphobia. I think there are way more good kids cartoons than when I was a kid. The closest one early that I can think of is a little bit Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that actually had changes to the characters like when Baxter went from a scientist for a bunch of episodes to a fly dude eventually. But way better than that was Beast Wars that literally had characters merc each other. Or sometimes fall in lava. gently caress YOU TERRORSAUR!

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I’ve got lined up Bee & Puppy Cat for later, even though the second season I’m half through and isnt as good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yumi's cells seaosn 2 is worse than those cartoons so far. hope it get better. somehow all those minor major problems were less annoying all in a row constantly when it was happening with wung.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/good_faces_bot/status/1538899507769114624

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

that smarmy son of a bitch

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I was thinking recently about how it would be cool to do a Mario 2 with the son of Mario, you adventure as him but then you find out you're not actually Mario's son but Bowser's son and Mario tries to kill you, so you have to kill Mario, and in doing so become the new Mario. Every Mario appearance/game from that point would feature Mario 2, while Mario 1 would become some sort of evil ghost, Noob Saibot character.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That DICK! posted:

I was thinking recently about how it would be cool to do a Mario 2 with the son of Mario, you adventure as him but then you find out you're not actually Mario's son but Bowser's son and Mario tries to kill you, so you have to kill Mario, and in doing so become the new Mario. Every Mario appearance/game from that point would feature Mario 2, while Mario 1 would become some sort of evil ghost, Noob Saibot character.

Would it? Would it really be cool if they did this?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

mario has had it too good for too long

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I’ve been experimenting with face masks, I find the peel away ones very satisfying. Where are my mask heads at?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

My ex girlfriend, oh how I miss her so, gave me a bunch of authentic Korea face peels once and it was the cleanest i ever felt before or since.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Yea the facepeels at H Mart are nice, wife gets them every time we go.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
do the face peels work well if you got a beard. I've always been too afraid to ask

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

NienNunb posted:

How prevalent are kangaroos in everyday Australian life? Are they like being in the temperate US and seeing a squirrel (almost everywhere at all times, guaranteed to see one whenever you go outside), or are they more like deer and possums (pretty prevalent but a little more rare, you see them once in a while at night).

If you mean in urban environments you never ever see them. Not at night, not wandering in, never. You can find them out rural.

They're grass feeders so urban environments are death to them as they need plains to survive. I guess they're closer to where you find cows.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Bard Maddox posted:

do the face peels work well if you got a beard. I've always been too afraid to ask

It hurt very much when I peeled it off my beard so I keep it to the upper half of my face.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Play Neon White

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i want to but i'm trying not to spend money on vg right now :( looks soooo fun

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Bro it's so good

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

This made me laugh really hard well done

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

looks like a anime.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I started playing The Ascent and the aiming was really awkward at first but I’m starting to like it now.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i downloaded Legacy of kain blood omen for the ps1 I think i'll play that next instead of Neon white

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I am in Sandusky Ohio and it is not an ok place. But I might kick it at cedar point so there’s that.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

peoplew ho use face peels are doing it because they want to roleplay peeling off their face and shake their head around and get blood everywhere. and do it for real life one day [hands clasped together in hope]

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

yea ok posted:

i downloaded Legacy of kain blood omen for the ps1 I think i'll play that next instead of Neon white

You don't move as fast in that one but it's still good

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

yea ok posted:

i liked that one a lot it felt like goth zelda

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I thought it was because those facial scrubs weren’t good for ones bathroom sink

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

yea ok posted:

Is it on the ps4 now? I bought it on the ps3 but apparently Sony says my purchases on the ps3 don't count gotta do it over

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

no it's sad to say but i got it online through rotten ways and means.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I’ve been experimenting with face masks, I find the peel away ones very satisfying. Where are my mask heads at?

Where the heck have you been the past few years that you're only now trying out face masks? I know some people were able to stay inside and avoid covid, but golly!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I need to get back to Sekiro. Never finished it before Elden Ring came out, need a little time now before I switch From games like that. Trying to play lots of other games but it's tough out there for a game in a post Elden Ring world.

Persona 5: Amazing music. I hate how limiting the game is. There was a day when I couldn't go to the shop before I went into the dungeon and it was a terrible feeling. The story hadn't grabbed me enough by that point and I thought the combat system was just ok, so I bounced.
FFXV: Lmao what the gently caress is this game. How does the rural south straight up exist a mile away from this advanced kingdom? I did a quest where some army dude with a cell phone was just hanging out in a shed or something and nobody could find him. It was stupid. Combat didn't interest me. I'm out.
Hades: I have about 40 runs or so in this game from about a year ago. I already "beat" it to the point where Mom moved back in but I didn't realize just how much content was still left. After 2 or 3 failed runs with the heat up a little, I eventually got back into the groove of things and got a few wins in too. Gonna try to remember to mix this into my rotation more often.
The Last Guardian: Worst camera I've ever experienced. It doesn't immediately respond when you try to move it? Whenever it clips, it does a quick fade to black for a split second??? Horseshit. Keeps tricking me into thinking I started a cutscene. I'm still playing it maybe an hour a week, but this game is on thin ice.
Earthbound: Loved this as a kid, replayed it maybe 10 years ago. Too clunky for me this time around. Thanks Earthbound, it's been real.
Hollow Knight: Beat this a few years ago pre DLC, knew I wanted to play it again before Silksong. Wasn't in any danger of that happening so I kept pushing it back. New Silksong trailer dropped the week after I started it. You're welcome. Anyways, the game rules and it feels so so good to play. About 10 hours in so far, definitely sticking with it for the full 2nd playthrough.
Cadence of Hyrule: I think Crypt of the Necrodancer is real cool, but I've tried to get into Cadence 4 of 5 times now and it just doesn't do it for me. The game feels like it's missing something huge.
Celeste: drat, they just keep adding stuff to this game. Surprised how easily I was able to pick it up again. Started Farewell and learned how to wavedash. Rad.

next up choices: Yakuza 2, Majora's Mask, God of War 4, Astral Chain, Plague Tale, Control, Cuphead, Dragon Quest XI if it ever goes on sale again on Switch. Maybe TLOU but I don't think I'll like it. Psychonauts because I want to replay it before I play 2

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Pretty hosed up that Mario is gonna be around forever, probably longer than I’m alive. Pretty weird imho

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

mario deserves to live longer than me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I’m talking van peebles of course