Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Zurtilik posted:

Humans were never meant to go beyond 24FPS and it was hubris for us to do so.

Actually all the kids are talking about the silky smoothness of 30fps these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Anything higher or lower than 29.9fps is for nerds

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Probably a bit niche for most here but I totally recommend Ghosts and Goblins Resurrection, if you enjoy very demanding challenging games. I’m going through it on legendary and having so much fun getting my rear end kicked. It feels so good finally getting to those checkpoints.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

wow thank you so much for posting this video for the first time in history that has never been posted in this thread ever

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Remember The United States? Lmao.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
he's now the Steam Deck or as many are calling it, the Steam dr

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
steam dreck

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

AlternateNu posted:

So, is the Pro 2 that much better than the Pro+? I don't really care about the additional back buttons. The manual X/D/S switch is a god send for mode switching, but is there anything else? Is the construction or button feel much better?

No.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Anything higher or lower than 29.9fps is for nerds

This but without any irony.

Spellman posted:

Sometimes when Prime gets mentioned I think of Hunters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YHMrcjlc1g

This mode is shweet, bring it back

Oh hell yeah. I remember Sylux being fast as gently caress in his morph ball form.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Oh hell yeah. I remember Sylux being fast as gently caress in his morph ball form.

Well he keeps showing up in the 100% completion cutscenes at the end of these games, maybe it's time

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Augus posted:

wow thank you so much for posting this video for the first time in history that has never been posted in this thread ever
I will support any video that makes fun of anime jrpgs. Solidarity with RBA Starblade!

American McGay posted:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I grew up playing nes tmnt. Your fps arguments are amusing

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Oscar Wild posted:

I grew up playing nes tmnt Mega Man. Your fps arguments are amusing

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The slow motion helps you shoot better!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

finally finished Kirby Forgor Land

Definitely one of the best games I've ever played and honestly a clear unbiased pick for best Kirby game ever

if you haven't played it yet you probably should

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I think a direct where they cancel a bunch of games would be hilarious

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

dr.acula posted:

"Welcome to the first ever Nintendo Wrecked, where we tell you all about every game you're not going to get to play."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

dr.acula posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3mrisq3Ni8&t=340s

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Picross S is on sale for the largest discount yet. I am one of you now.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

AlternateNu posted:

So, is the Pro 2 that much better than the Pro+? I don't really care about the additional back buttons. The manual X/D/S switch is a god send for mode switching, but is there anything else? Is the construction or button feel much better?

Don't discount the back buttons without having tried them. They make a wonderful alternative to clicking the sticks.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

dr.acula posted:

at least rip the bandaid off and tell it straight, instead of dangling games in front of us and never releasing them. ill believe bayo 3 exists when miyamoto himself takes it out of his personal vault of unreleased games and hands it to me directly, the new nintendo "direct"

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

if the games you play dont have stutter, judder, screen tearing, and bad frame pacing, you are a virgin and you will never score

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

lunar detritus posted:

Don't discount the back buttons without having tried them. They make a wonderful alternative to clicking the sticks.

Yeah the back buttons are soooo much better than clicking the sticks. I always click them by mistake which got me killed so many times in Elden Ring until I discovered the back buttons.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Panic sticking leads to panic clicking

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Nyoro posted:

finally finished Kirby Forgor Land

Definitely one of the best games I've ever played and honestly a clear unbiased pick for best Kirby game ever

if you haven't played it yet you probably should

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

Probably a bit niche for most here but I totally recommend Ghosts and Goblins Resurrection, if you enjoy very demanding challenging games. I’m going through it on legendary and having so much fun getting my rear end kicked. It feels so good finally getting to those checkpoints.

I've heard nothing but bad things about this one. The general consensus was that it lacked the clever deliberativeness of the level design of the original leading to deaths feeling more random than deserved.

I have just replayed the original, and had a grand old time. Made egregious use of the rewind feature, especially in part 2 of the game. gently caress it, I did my time with it as a child, I deserve retries when the dancing red rear end in a top hat kicks my rear end.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

sorry gonna need a list of unrelated YouTube videos to jog my memory

The Postman
May 12, 2007

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/nintendo-64-controller/

The N64 Switch controllers are in stock again if anyone was still looking

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Bruceski posted:

Judging from the Demo Three Hopes feels like it's going down a linear story instead. Chapters, stages that you can't go back to, it all fits with the format of other FE games and isn't *bad*, it's just that the demo stops just before I can get a good example of what to expect. Is this a game I'll play three times for the various houses and then stop? Are things going to open up into a Warriors-style grinding playground later? For that matter do I need to play three times or will something later let me use the same savefile to explore paths not taken?

While I can't answer fo future content, you can go back and replay old stages. In the Demo they don't have difficulty options, but that might change.

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

The Postman posted:

drat that was quick

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

Bug Squash posted:

I've heard nothing but bad things about this one. The general consensus was that it lacked the clever deliberativeness of the level design of the original leading to deaths feeling more random than deserved.

I have just replayed the original, and had a grand old time. Made egregious use of the rewind feature, especially in part 2 of the game. gently caress it, I did my time with it as a child, I deserve retries when the dancing red rear end in a top hat kicks my rear end.

Yeah - in previous games you’d have a second or two to contemplate your demise due to making a mistake.

The new game is more just twitchy pure reflex crap. The difficulty is completely inconsistent and, well, random. It feels more like a lovely carnival ‘hit the button NOW’ game than the ‘thread the needle’ skill of prior games.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The Postman posted:

drat that was fast.

Does anyone like 8bitdo or a similar company make a controller in the N64 form factor that can connect to the switch?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

AlternateNu posted:

The Pro 2's shell has a textured backside that makes it more comfortable to hold for longer periods of time.

The only thing that the Pro 2 does worse than the Pro+ is the SNES-themed Pro 2 no longer comes with the scalloped SNES buttons, but the unit uses the same button molds as the Pro+ - which itself is functionally the same molds as the actual SNES buttons - so you can just slot them in yourself, if you want.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Actually all the kids are talking about the silky smoothness of 30fps these days

I am completely ok with MH Rise playing at 30FPS and played hundreds of hours, but as soon as a fighting game is less than 60 (like the jojos one) I immediately want to die. I think people really overreact to 30/60 but there are games where it definitely sucks.

Also I played all of the Souls games and Sekiro at 30 because that was the only option at release and it was fine

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
it's honestly a miracle that rise runs as well as it does on the switch. but i'll need to pick it up on steam for that buttery smooth 60fps at some point. granted that sekiro is basically a fighting/rhythm game but going from 30fps on ps4 to 60 on pc was incredible.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
and before you ask, yes, i do have cybernetically enhanced eyes capable of detecting 60fps

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Foul Fowl posted:

and before you ask, yes, i do have cybernetically enhanced eyes capable of detecting 60fps

https://youtu.be/MB8btY1hL5A

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I honestly don't "notice" fps above 30, but my eyes somehow "feel" it, idk. Sub 30, yeah I can see the chops between the frames, 30 feels normal and it's convincing animation, 60 feels silky and like everything is moving slightly faster even though it isn't. If I got the choice, it's always nicer to have more fps than less, but I'm perfectly happy with 30.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
47 is ideal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I grew up with 60fps ps2 games. 60 fps then, 60fps now, 60fps forever