Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Sindai posted:

If you want to see the IE map this is probably close:

The province names come from actual files too but their positions don't, so the purple ones are just educated guesses.

I know mods can't add landmass to TW games but can they add cities or provinces? I'd be interested to see how far the OVN team can go with Ind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Arghy posted:

74.5 hours, last played it nearly 2 months ago and the majority of that was frustration filled early builds where i'd put in 15+ hours into a campaign then quit after bullshit in the chaos realms. In comparison i got surviving the aftermath this month and already have 26 hours on it.

It seems like such a bad idea to only release a small chunk of the map if you have the whole thing--that is unless you don't have the whole thing or it's a horrible cut mess haha.

why is it such a bad idea? most game companies do this sort of info dump. slow trickle of different features to build up hype again

plus isn't 1.3 dropping later this month?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

why is it such a bad idea? most game companies do this sort of info dump. slow trickle of different features to build up hype again

Because it isn't exactly what Arghy wants, right now.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Mantis42 posted:

I know mods can't add landmass to TW games but can they add cities or provinces? I'd be interested to see how far the OVN team can go with Ind.

My guess is if the IE map is going to include Ind and Nippon in there from the start, they're going to fill them with factions. If I remember correctly, Ind is controlled by Snakemen Beastmen, so expect some sort of hybrid Beastman/man empires down there, maybe some dawi in the mountains.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

gamers are only anti-crunch when it's a game they don't care about

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
IE basically represents a chance for them to re-launch the game in a more complete form, so them winding up the hype train like it's a pre-release is smart and prudent.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

moonmazed posted:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
My IE campaign is going to be slam pick Ungrim now that he has a roster of worthy foes to fight.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

JBP posted:

My IE campaign is going to be slam pick Ungrim now that he has a roster of worthy foes to fight.

Gonna dude bro the world with Zhao Ming and friends. Rats provide the drugs and guns, ogres provide the bros and fun.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Kislev having an elite unit that fires magical, slowing projectiles in an arc and that can take care of themselves in melee makes them a top-tier ally for imported units. The super chariots and bear cavalry are icing on the cake.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

moonmazed posted:

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
Actually thinking about trying an Evil Orion campaign again, last time I ended up BFF with Ikit-Claw and having allied skaven artillery in the WE roster sounds fun!

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

gotta say cathay is great and cool but ca are really bad at being consistent across the board with number go up stuff

like the celestial compass has some incredibly good bonuses that cost nothing and are just click button to max out - meanwhile the empires 1 green button 4 red button mechanic gives you like +2 growth and +1% income on tuesdays if you dont gently caress up but if you gently caress up its -5 this and -10% that.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Cathay has balance with one great number in the center, like the Imperial Authority system(which admittedly might as well just be 1+ Y/N?) The free Empire bonuses are the free RoRs, purple weapons and passive bonuses you get for Elector Counts. Imperial Authority to Balance, Great Compass to Elector Counts.

The Compass might be lopsided since I felt biased towards using the +growth quarter almost every time.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/tww3-the-immortal-empires-map/

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

hot tamale!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I’m surprised the Southern Chaos Wastes are going to be playable. In the lore, it’s inhabited by daemons and “beast fiends,” who are Beastmen without human ancestry.

No Nippon. I know not to expect them to be a race, but maybe an alternate start for Eshin. I wonder if Ind and Khuresh are going to be cut off like the Darklands in Mortal Empires, or they’ll be big impassable plateaus. They take up a lot of room.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
What a beautiful clusterfuck it's going to be. I appreciate the sea-lane through the underground sea near Naggaroth, that'll really help cut down some time, and one to get you past some of the uninhabited (for now) zones.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

That rules pretty hard

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

they brought over the black magic that made me turns short right

right

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Sea Lanes are about what I expected, I did think there would be more in the middle of the map though

Serious trivia talks about the map differences a bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixoStV9xSHg

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
I want to print that map as a poster.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Agean90 posted:

they brought over the black magic that made me turns short right

right
Oh my computer is absolutely hosed, I know it. Doubly so if they haven't fixed all those resource hog fog effects

DaysBefore fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jun 21, 2022

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

DaysBefore posted:

Oh my computer is absolutely hosed, I know it. Doubly so if they haven't fixed all those resource hoh fog effects

i look forward to heating my house off my computer this winter

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Shame the game 2 areas still look squished as gently caress. I like the sea lane concept, I just wish they'd have used that to have the map actually give the proper space to non game 1 areas.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I've been extremely dismissive of Ind and/or Khuresh ever getting added, but that map is practically begging for them to be in it. I still think it's a long way off and far from guaranteed, but it doesn't seem ridiculous to me anymore.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I've been extremely dismissive of Ind and/or Khuresh ever getting added, but that map is practically begging for them to be in it. I still think it's a long way off and far from guaranteed, but it doesn't seem ridiculous to me anymore.

I feel the same way. We're in a post-Cathay world now - something I never considered possible. Maybe the tigermen are real after all

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

Eimi posted:

Shame the game 2 areas still look squished as gently caress. I like the sea lane concept, I just wish they'd have used that to have the map actually give the proper space to non game 1 areas.

Feels like if the old world was sacrificed at all there would be a ton of complaints. Probably the same people who for some reason want every elector count playable.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Lucinice posted:

I want to print that map as a poster.

definitely. I have a nice, big cloth map of the Empire from Etsy. I'd love this map printed super high-resolution the size of a movie poster.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
What a big chonky map, nearly as big as the average Chaos Dwarf Hat.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

They did it. They went big. I mean Naggaroth is squished, but gently caress it. They did it. Circumnavigation (of a sort), you can loving raid the east coast of Cathay, etc. :allears:

I'm betting Khuresh and Ind will happen at some point in the future. That's so much real estate, you know CA is going to put it to use somehow. For now, though, there's Chorfs that need to happen.

This all looks very promising. Let's hope they have been using this time to really put a shine on this (even though it is a beta).

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The game 1 stuff is in the middle of the map, so it makes sense to try and keep that as expanded as possible, also the terrain there I think is just a bit more interesting with the mountain ranges and distinct biomes.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Honestly IE getting off the ground would be enough for me. I'll never go back to the realms of chaos map.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

can't wait to take a trip to Bone Road

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

Dandywalken posted:

hot tamale!

Hachi machi!

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Apparently TEB all got new cities? Could bode well for Dogs of War

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I wonder how they can prevent a ridiculous ordertide in IE, considering how strong the game 3 order factions are. Every TW3 campaign I've played so far with chaos rifts disabled, Cathay just grows out of control, with 100+ provinces between the two of them. Kislev is usually close second, and the Chaos factions just fight each other and cancel each other out, slowly fizzling away into nothing. Skrag eats the Empire but can go no further, and Greasus gets squeezed to death between Cathay and Kislev.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

It seems to me like Ind is absolutely guaranteed to be in at some point, though not soon. They mention in the blog that their main focus is on the existing 8th Edition factions, but like, if they WEREN'T going to fill that space in, why would they include it in a map where so many populated areas are squished? If they weren't going to fill it with unique factions, why wouldn't they just fill it in already with generic beastmen or Cathay or what have you?

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Double Bill posted:

I wonder how they can prevent a ridiculous ordertide in IE, considering how strong the game 3 order factions are. Every TW3 campaign I've played so far with chaos rifts disabled, Cathay just grows out of control, with 100+ provinces between the two of them. Kislev is usually close second, and the Chaos factions just fight each other and cancel each other out, slowly fizzling away into nothing. Skrag eats the Empire but can go no further, and Greasus gets squeezed to death between Cathay and Kislev.

you gotta pray that they nerf the wh2 factions into the ground before IE. if the tw3 factions are sharks, the tw2 factions are sharks with shark-destroying ap missiles strapped to their fins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Muscle Tracer posted:

It seems to me like Ind is absolutely guaranteed to be in at some point, though not soon. They mention in the blog that their main focus is on the existing 8th Edition factions, but like, if they WEREN'T going to fill that space in, why would they include it in a map where so many populated areas are squished? If they weren't going to fill it with unique factions, why wouldn't they just fill it in already with generic beastmen or Cathay or what have you?

I'm leaning that way myself, but just to play devil's advocate, it would be pretty hard to squish it away to allow more room elsewhere since the map is a rectangle, and not filling it with beastmen could be to avoid cultural sensitivity issues. I do think the way it was discussed in the blog was pretty heavily suggestive that it's not the focus for now meaning it could/will be the focus later.