Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I mean, they can't just hack off that section or distort it off the map. Well actually they could of course but aside from nippon the goal of the map appears to be "the world"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Really good map. You love to see it.

Double Bill posted:

I wonder how they can prevent a ridiculous ordertide in IE, considering how strong the game 3 order factions are. Every TW3 campaign I've played so far with chaos rifts disabled, Cathay just grows out of control, with 100+ provinces between the two of them. Kislev is usually close second, and the Chaos factions just fight each other and cancel each other out, slowly fizzling away into nothing. Skrag eats the Empire but can go no further, and Greasus gets squeezed to death between Cathay and Kislev.

Maybe their mid/late game event additions that we still have no concrete details about. Hopefully they've got something in mind for at least a bit of variance. ME had a lot of recurring villains that are fun to fight but not every single campaign, primarily Grimgrog(confed bias, waaagg AI bug) and Malekith(confed bias, absolutely isolated locale with no contenders when driven by the AI.)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Cathay is so strong because they have a safe and secure starting position. In IE there will be more than two directions to attack Cathay from. Also it sounds like Lokhir is going to start very close so at least one hostile LL right there.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I know the Chaos factions hating each other is probably lore-accurate, but the campaign map would be a lot more interesting if they actually managed to grow beyond their starting area and be a threat to someone besides each other.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
The chaos factions are 100% being moved away from each other, someone is 100% starting in the southern chaos wastes, N"kari I believe is confirmed for ulthuan or as good as, etc. I think they realize its a problem.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The Chad Jihad posted:

Apparently TEB all got new cities? Could bode well for Dogs of War

Good catch, I'd be willing to bet on that too. Ogre mercenaries seems like one of those classic 'test features' that CA does

Its that time
Nov 8, 2011
Really an ambitious and that's gonna be real fun to play.

Really wondering how the LL are gonna be spread around and also how unique building chains are gonna be implemented. They can be game changers, although not always that necessary.

Hoping for some starting location diversity for all factions for some weird diplo. How is the AI anti-player bias going anyway? Haven't played for a while and did not even finish Skarbrand's due to TW fatigue I guess.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm just happy that Lustria is whole again. It still looks squished to hell and back compared to the vortex map but that will just make the thunderdome better.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
For what it's worth if Skarbrand survives to late game in RoC he's a walking disaster event by himself because a gold chev Khorne doomstack is quite A Thing.

I hope Skragg threatens the Empire but doesn't auto-win and hollow them out every game

Maybe a system of AR weights where every AI faction gets a random modifier. Just keep the rogues gallery rotating campaign to campaign!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
If they port over the potency mechanic from Realms of Chaos they should be able to tweak the balance of IE to prevent ordertide relatively easily.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
While Lustria still looks squished, it looks like they squished some of the game 1 areas too. Honestly not much, and Lustria and Naggaroth look better than they did in ME.

Map looks great and the sea lanes are about what I expected but still good. I didnt expect them to include the underground sea though!

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 21, 2022

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

The Southlands are such a gigantic improvement over how it was treated in ME.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Seeing a couple more small provinces that look like new magical forests for the Wood Elves: Haunted Forest in Gnoblar country and Jungles of Chi'an in southern Cathay

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Am I seeing this right? There, in the mountains.... a new province...

"Mount Arghy"......

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Dandywalken posted:

Am I seeing this right? There, in the mountains.... a new province...

"Mount Arghy"......

Really excited for this alternate start for Grimgrog

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I'm not entirely sure why people are saddened by squished Lustria. trying to cross Vortex Lustria is a nightmare for non-dawi / non-skaven factions

I'm super excited for the Southlands being restored and having more space to grow there. I'm hoping another LL gets put down there as it's just Krog-Gar, Tik'Taq'To, Settra, Arkhan, Repanse and uhh ???

also the big issue with Skrag is that Karl doesn't seem to being his confederate party and dies by turn 40. soon he shall be summoning the elector counts and stomping everyone like the old days

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
The Empire is the heart of the setting, it makes sense they would avoid squishing it as much as possible.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

drat, that map is purty

cant wait to crump da whole world

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i hope the blank kuresh and ind mean they are gonna do factions there eventually

im hoping cathay kind of broke the seal on new, non-empire human factions. that part of the world in our world is the cradle of civilisation basically so there is so much mythology to draw on for inspiration

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

The game gives the rift factions bonuses in 3 and if you are playing with rifts off and sandbox you should probably mod that out too. It's why Skrag always eats Empire. Franz doesn't have the bonus.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Hope they keep Taurox start the same, it'd be quite easy to go visit Cathay.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I'm not entirely sure why people are saddened by squished Lustria. trying to cross Vortex Lustria is a nightmare for non-dawi / non-skaven factions

I'm super excited for the Southlands being restored and having more space to grow there. I'm hoping another LL gets put down there as it's just Krog-Gar, Tik'Taq'To, Settra, Arkhan, Repanse and uhh ???

also the big issue with Skrag is that Karl doesn't seem to being his confederate party and dies by turn 40. soon he shall be summoning the elector counts and stomping everyone like the old days

Hopefully they do a Nakai with Skrag in ME so he only starts near/in Empire lands when you play as him and otherwise fucks off to the darklands or somewhere when under AI control.
Player Empire really don't need another nearby hostile faction that'd literally gobble up elector counts for even more negative Imperial Authority, and when playing as say Norsca or Chaos I wan't to burn down the actual Empire and not the Western Ogre Kingdoms.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I can't wait to reenact this in game.

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

empire is the heart of the setting yet all of their dlc suck

also that map is so good - god drat CA why didnt you just lead with this instead of the chaos bounce houses

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

ive been a big fan of the mughals since my friend went to visit family in bangladesh and went to a museum of imperial mughal weapons and it was all the most insane poo poo i had ever heard of, to the point that i thought he was lying until he brought pictures up. it's hard to find good pics on google but here is some of the crazy poo poo they were doing:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Empire getting more DLC (at least one new LL, maybe 2) will also probably change the balance of power there pretty quick too.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I'm not sad it's squished, I'm just happy we get the full continent even if it is abbreviated. And with a smaller territory the thunderdome will continue.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Alright i am content, no matter how much they gently caress it up the modders can make this work. What i'm not happy with is the underground canal from the norse dawi to the sea of chaos is not there. The emo edgelords get their underground canal but dawi dont?! It's in the book.

"Thus, they constructed Ungruvalk, an underground link from Draksfjord to the River Dypvann (Khazalid: Dumaraz), which separates southeastern Norsca from Troll Country. In 2292 I.C., the Dwarfs completed this link with warded entrances at both ends. Norse Dwarf longships could now journey to the Sea of Claws without circumnavigating the whole of Norsca."

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Arghy posted:

Alright i am content, no matter how much they gently caress it up the modders can make this work. What i'm not happy with is the underground canal from the norse dawi to the sea of chaos is not there. The emo edgelords get their underground canal but dawi dont?! It's in the book.

"Thus, they constructed Ungruvalk, an underground link from Draksfjord to the River Dypvann (Khazalid: Dumaraz), which separates southeastern Norsca from Troll Country. In 2292 I.C., the Dwarfs completed this link with warded entrances at both ends. Norse Dwarf longships could now journey to the Sea of Claws without circumnavigating the whole of Norsca."

It's blocked by a sideways container ship says here contracted out of....Athel Loren?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Ship? You mean the log covered in hippies? drat knife ears!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I just noticed there are two separate northern chaos provinces named "The Skull Road" and "The Road of Skulls."

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I know it'd be a LOT of work but I wish the factions from the first two games would get updated voice lines and battle dialogue for all the new factions. Not the same without the culturally-relevant insults

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Arghy posted:

Kraka Drak is an unplayable faction. Although I am curious as to what Cataph and co whip up if the mechanic itself is moddable.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Sindai posted:

I just noticed there are two separate northern chaos provinces named "The Skull Road" and "The Road of Skulls."

There should be a Road of Skulls in every nation. Dwarbs? Underway of Skulls. Bretonnia? Rue de Skulls. Orks? Da Skullwayz.

Skulls roads for the skull highway and interstate trade network.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

ive been a big fan of the mughals since my friend went to visit family in bangladesh and went to a museum of imperial mughal weapons and it was all the most insane poo poo i had ever heard of, to the point that i thought he was lying until he brought pictures up. it's hard to find good pics on google but here is some of the crazy poo poo they were doing:

I need this in Dark Souls IMMEDIATELY.

Sindai posted:

I wonder which one contains Vaul's Anvil?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder if the sea routes mechanic could be adapted to replace the underway.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Underway-ing my way around Cathay (lorefully)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
my new lore is that chaos dwarves live under cathay running opium dens with skaven

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

juggalo baby coffin posted:

Haha I remember seeing very similar things in a museum in Udaipur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

You could set a Musou game in India and the Final Fantasy rear end costuming + weapons would actually be historically accurate.