Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

tildes posted:

How are you getting shark teeth? Exchange center? I have yet to see it come up but maybe am not checking enough.

Yep that’s the only source afaik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
I'm at 99/99/99/88 (stupid exploring). Here's my pet situation.

I now have 1.3bn silver and I'm not sure what to do with it. Upgrade steelworks?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Baboon for grape juice and gold peppers? Armadillo for steel bits?
Gonna need a shitload of the lemur's level 6 drops for the tower soon enough, too.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Why is honey important?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Virigoth posted:

Why is honey important?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

That doesn’t really help me. For quests and the tower?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Virigoth posted:

Looks like 2988 of honey is required for questing.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kaboobi posted:

Baboon for grape juice and gold peppers? Armadillo for steel bits?
Gonna need a shitload of the lemur's level 6 drops for the tower soon enough, too.

Yeah I’ll go with lemur :)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Virigoth posted:

You need 3000 honey and the only steady source are 2 pets (for 26 per day at the advised owl lvl 5 and bear lvl 6)

It also pops up frequently on the exchange, 10 at a time

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
I finally unlocked the Large island and whispering creek *and* got a raptor egg!

So now, craft blue coin bags and sell fish?

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Vasler posted:

I finally unlocked the Large island and whispering creek *and* got a raptor egg!

So now, craft blue coin bags and sell fish?

blue purses are great as a good way to use your leather from exploring forest for antlers that makes good money, if you start grinding WC making garnet rings and sturdy bows is pretty solid profit. 90% of silver in this game comes from fishing at LI or now PC though, crafting silver is more of a bonus in late game than a primary source of income (with the notable exception of selling sphere hoards during event bonuses)

tuyop posted:

I'm at 99/99/99/88 (stupid exploring). Here's my pet situation.

I now have 1.3bn silver and I'm not sure what to do with it. Upgrade steelworks?

probably worry about upping sawmill and hayfield before steelworks unless you feel really starved for steel, its hyper expensive. for reference my inv is just under 5k, i have 5k boards and wood per hour, 2k hay per 10m, 1k stone per 10m, but only 300/100 at steelworks and even that is arguably more steel than i need even for chasing my last couple steel GMs. in your case i would probably spend it on hayfield

campfire fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jun 18, 2022

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I also just got WC tonight, for now should I just be exploring that for a raptor egg and then going back to the forest for large net fishing at LI to fund pets/infrastructure?

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

Fhqwhgads posted:

I also just got WC tonight, for now should I just be exploring that for a raptor egg and then going back to the forest for large net fishing at LI to fund pets/infrastructure?

yep pretty much, getting enough raptors that you can max your inventory daily on antlers is nice but you'll get more raptors than you could possibly need in the long run by doing WC masteries/GMs etc, so really forest for antlers/nets is still the best way to spend stamina outside of mastery or quest stuff

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

campfire posted:

blue purses are great as a good way to use your leather from exploring forest for antlers that makes good money, if you start grinding WC making garnet rings and sturdy bows is pretty solid profit. 90% of silver in this game comes from fishing at LI or now PC though, crafting silver is more of a bonus in late game than a primary source of income (with the notable exception of selling sphere hoards during event bonuses)

probably worry about upping sawmill and hayfield before steelworks unless you feel really starved for steel, its hyper expensive. for reference my inv is just under 5k, i have 5k boards and wood per hour, 2k hay per 10m, 1k stone per 10m, but only 300/100 at steelworks and even that is arguably more steel than i need even for chasing my last couple steel GMs. in your case i would probably spend it on hayfield

Holy poo poo. I thought wood wasn’t worth leveling past a certain point because the payoff is asymptotic. I will get more wood now because 5k inventory :stare:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

For anyone starting now, you need an absolutely stupid amount of honey and the best source until you’re fully 99 leveled is the owl at level 5 so do that as soon as possible behind the other 100m important things like the storehouse.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I've had to hang the game up for now, because I was checking it every 20 minutes to collect mushroom harvests to use up Oak, and... it was cutting into my Everything Else.

Remember to pace yourself when playing, lest you suffer the same fate I did.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

They really need to have some sort of mechanic that will increase the drop rates of gold items. Four different gold fishes 100 times for one quest is pretty dumb. Or at least make the fishing a bit easier. I know it gets harder than that later on.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Juneteenth special request:

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

oldskool posted:

Juneteenth special request:

:unsmith:

A cool quest.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

quote:

Ric is now the official town dragon hunter. After Ric informed the mayor about all of the damage that the dragon caused, the mayor has given Ric broad authority to capture and destroy the dragon by any means possible.

Ric is beginning his efforts by collecting additional resources to help his hunt. Everyone in town will now be expected to contribute daily to the town relief fund. Ric is managing the funds and resources collected. He will also be doing regular check-ins with the townsfolk to collect their contributions and to search for the dragon, or its remains.

Anyone that fails to contribute, or that fails to report any dragon sightings, will be sent to the newly formed Mt. Banon Work Camp.

Ric intends for the work camp to be a way to help provide resources for the town relief fund, and a way to ensure law and order during his hunt for the dragon.

… am I like aiding and abetting a nascent dictator here?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I thought he looked more evil in his picture but not so much. Still, not the good guy of Redbrook.

Just a thought - if you’re doing the exchange for mega-beet seeds it might be worth holding them for an event when there is bonus silver+xp. Then you can grape juice your way to riches.

There’s supposed to be an event early July so it’s also probably worth making sure you have a full inventory of beets to sell when that rolls around anyway.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I had a very productive Saturday with lots of dope:

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Tahirovic posted:

gently caress, that is a lot of fishing.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Tahirovic posted:

Congrats. That is impressive.

I’ve been slowly working on that one but obviously haven’t been high enough to get there, please send me herbs. I’m in beta so the Personal Help Requests, which almost all want fish, have been a good excuse to get fishing recently.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Well I started it on the first day when I saw the achievement and learned about Tower unlocks and gold fish. Figured you'll need the goldfish anyway, might as well get 2.1b silver on top.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

New Skill Perk: Double Hooks - 20% manual fishing will catch 2x of the fish

Might make gold fishing a little more tolerable.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

rafikki posted:

Would be nice if we could have something like a manual fishing bait that increases gold fish catch rate or something.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Umbreon posted:

Would be nice if we could have something like a manual fishing bait that increases gold fish catch rate or something.

I’m hoping for some good things from cooking that improve rare rates in general. I wouldn’t mind the extra effort/cost to make sure that I’m not using 24k casts for the gold fish I need or 50k+ explores to try and get the freaking model ship :( I’d even be fine with limits/trade offs (drastically lowered drops of normal items), etc.

As a newer player, the top two blocks to me progressing are gold fish and some ridiculously rare drops. Having reached 99 in everything except exploring and still not having gotten the right items to unlock the new fishing zone feels bad. I get that it’s mostly because of when certain content was implemented and having to cater to multiple audiences but there’s a massive upswing it time to progress for Pirate’s Cove compared to everything before it. It might as well be a lvl 99 fishing zone. I hope the 80 exploring zone unlock quest isn’t as overtuned because exploring experience is rough and a new zone is definitely needed to close the gap.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

rafikki posted:

Kind of cool to have that implemented, someone in Spoilers chat suggested it to Firestream (the developer) a week or so ago and he said he liked it, bingo bango it’s done.

So that should mean the fishing addict badge is only about 8000 fish per location, providing it does trigger at a steady 20%

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

i have five badges but fishing addict 3 will never be one of them lol

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Chat claims the new perk works on mealworms, the perk itself states it works on streak (which mealworms do not)

Both of those can't be true. Or maybe they can, and the streak statement is just paraphrased from "works on streak when manually fishing"

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Paraphrased or an error, it wasn’t a beta tested change / it was just pushed to prod.

Confirmed it definitely works with mealworms, the “(x2)” is the new perk firing.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Ineptitude posted:

Chat claims the new perk works on mealworms, the perk itself states it works on streak (which mealworms do not)

Both of those can't be true. Or maybe they can, and the streak statement is just paraphrased from "works on streak when manually fishing"
It doubles the fish and the streak, but a doubled zero is still zero.

Speaking of mealworms, I discovered yesterday that Farm Pond's stamina restoring effect works with them, so now I have some extra fumes to run on once the juice tank dries up.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jun 21, 2022

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
So I'm capped on Bacon and I have a bunch of level 7 pigs hanging out, do I just start selling bacon or do I hold and keep my total at cap for upcoming quests?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

koshmar posted:

So I'm capped on Bacon and I have a bunch of level 7 pigs hanging out, do I just start selling bacon or do I hold and keep my total at cap for upcoming quests?

Once you are regularly slaughtering Level 7 pigs, you should be selling your bacon liberally. The caveat being that you'll want to always have 100 Bacon stashed away in your Storehouse or whatnot for trading for Honey at the Exchange Center.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Wishing Well should be crab claws all day once you have enough claws stockpiled for all quests right? Since they are the most consistent source of Geckos and Frogs.

Anything else actually worth throwing in over Claw later game?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Lawlicaust posted:

Wishing Well should be crab claws all day once you have enough claws stockpiled for all quests right? Since they are the most consistent source of Geckos and Frogs.

Anything else actually worth throwing in over Claw later game?

I'm throwing in Salt, because I never again want to have to farm Spiked Shells again.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Oh my God I finally finished Corn Quandary.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
I just unlocked Large Island yesterday (after a few thousand manual fishes for catfish). I threw in several hundred nets, got my first 100m, felt nice. However, now, it feels like I just hit a huge wall with the Whispering Creek unlock quests (much less the Pirate's Cove quests - ye gods this is not balanced for a fresh player, I'll be level 99 well before I unlock this level 80 zone). Should I be focusing on making my first billions for a while?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Is it worthwhile to explore for skull coins, or should I just try and get the level 6 Python instead?