Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I’m just surprised they took battleshock immunity off the bell but not the furnace. Pestilens in general looks like it’s the dominant Skaven build imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I'm absolutely leaning into Pestilens. I've got a furnace, a priest, 40 monks, and a Corruptor I finished over the weekend

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

The battle tactics in the new GHB underscore just how badly they hosed up by giving every new book their own set of a faction specific battle tactics.

They rightly identified that the battle tactics in the old GHB were way too easy. The vast majority of games, people were finishing 4 or 5 tactics - They were basically a non issue. So they made all the tactics in the new GHB harder.

But this just means that the people who have absolute gimme tactics in their book are even more heavily rewarded. For instance, Nighthaunt has two tactics that basically say "You complete this tactic if you pick it". This was already good, but it is even better now that the generic tactics are harder to get.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
They should have done the thing the 40k Chapter approved had where they put out rebalanced secondaries for everyone, even armies without a book.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

We might see that next year. They seem to not want to do any errata to 3e books yet.

abravemoose
Jul 2, 2021
Painted Dreadblade Harrow #2. Three more units remaining to paint for my Nighthaunt painting round.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Mors Rattus posted:

We might see that next year. They seem to not want to do any errata to 3e books yet.

I suspect part of the resistance is a reaction to the blizzard of errata that taken place in 40k over the past year or so.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

AnEdgelord posted:

I suspect part of the resistance is a reaction to the blizzard of errata that taken place in 40k over the past year or so.

40k is complex and very difficult with the amount of rules changes going on right now so I kind of like the approach of printing fewer, but more comprehensive updated. That being said, is there a rough release schedule for AoS 3rd edition? Should I put off purchasing any army books that are not 3rd edition?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

We get two books every three to four months, it seems like.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

We get two books every three to four months, it seems like.

HHmmmm.....

That is a bit of a conundrum then, if we are talking about 6-8 armies a year it could be 2 years before all the books are published. The one book I own, Idoneth Deepkin, is 2nd edition so I am already out of date and need to update that one. I am mostly painting for enjoyment but I have some Ironjaw Orks, Fyreslayers, slaves of darkness, and Ogor Mawtribe dudes. I think Fyreslayers as a 3rd edition book, but I like them the least. Is Slaves of Darkness likely to be released before Ogors and Orks?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

IncredibleIgloo posted:

HHmmmm.....

That is a bit of a conundrum then, if we are talking about 6-8 armies a year it could be 2 years before all the books are published. The one book I own, Idoneth Deepkin, is 2nd edition so I am already out of date and need to update that one. I am mostly painting for enjoyment but I have some Ironjaw Orks, Fyreslayers, slaves of darkness, and Ogor Mawtribe dudes. I think Fyreslayers as a 3rd edition book, but I like them the least. Is Slaves of Darkness likely to be released before Ogors and Orks?

Fyreslayers and Orruks have 3e books. Slaves to Darkness is confirmed for winter. Ogors are rumored for autumn.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Is a pile in move considered a normal move? Doomwheels could potentially poop out a bunch of mortal wounds with move+charge+2 pile ins

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

GIRL BRAINS posted:

Is a pile in move considered a normal move? Doomwheels could potentially poop out a bunch of mortal wounds with move+charge+2 pile ins

No. Pile in is a different action from Move.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

GIRL BRAINS posted:

Doesn't need to be a normal move anymore - they do damage on all moves now.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

Fyreslayers and Orruks have 3e books. Slaves to Darkness is confirmed for winter. Ogors are rumored for autumn.

Oh, that is great to know! I kind of hope with the new book the SoD release some Chaos Warriors that match the style of the start collecting box. I like the way they look and could go for a few more, but don't want to buy another start collecting box because I don't need another big lizard thing.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Ugly John posted:

Doesn't need to be a normal move anymore - they do damage on all moves now.

Yeah I thought the warscroll leak had said on a normal or charge move, upon review it simply says "when this unit moves"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Oh, that is great to know! I kind of hope with the new book the SoD release some Chaos Warriors that match the style of the start collecting box. I like the way they look and could go for a few more, but don't want to buy another start collecting box because I don't need another big lizard thing.

Warriors getting a stand-alone release is high on rumors, and we know we’re getting a new Daemon Prince, a new centaur type guy, and a new ogroid.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Mors Rattus posted:

Warriors getting a stand-alone release is high on rumors, and we know we’re getting a new Daemon Prince, a new centaur type guy, and a new ogroid.

Pictures have leaked already where you can glimpse new multi-part knights and warriors (or if not multipart, at least different to the SC sculpts - included command models and a warrior with halberd option). We've seen Chaos Chosen as well, big heavy elite chaos warriors. As well as the DP, centaur marshal and ogroids, we know there's a mounted chaos lord character, Belakor's herald, who seems to be a dual kit with a generic mounted chaos lord? And there is one confirmed Warcry warband, the Horns of Hashut, and one new unit which appears to be a Warcry band, the Chaos Legionnaires.

Overall a pretty big release and I'm super optimistic.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Awesome! I eagerly await the release. It was a lot of fun to paint the models in the start collecting box. Well, I have not finished the box yet, but I did paint all 10 warriors and am going to start on the knights next.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
We got the roadmap for the rest of the year already

Summer Chaos and Order books ended up being Skaven and Sylvaneth

Current rumors say the Autumn books will be Lumineth, Tzeentch, Gitz and Ogres

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/a3rMwrniHgbY3n3H.pdf

Updated AoS points are online.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Really weird to see no changes for Gitz, since they are a absolute dumpster fire right now. Hopefully that means that they are getting the summer destruction book.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Myself and a few friends have recently started playing and I've decided to get in with Idoneth Deepkin. Can I get some advice on what to buy next to get to 2k points? My current collection is:

Akhelian King
Soulscryer
Soulrender
Lotann
Tidecaster
Thralls x20
1 Allopex
Morrsarr Guard x6

I was thinking 2 more Allopexes and 10 more Thralls at least. Should I mix some Reavers in?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Oh hey, Slittas get conditional Battleline. That’s interesting and useful.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

screech on the beach posted:

Myself and a few friends have recently started playing and I've decided to get in with Idoneth Deepkin. Can I get some advice on what to buy next to get to 2k points? My current collection is:

Akhelian King
Soulscryer
Soulrender
Lotann
Tidecaster
Thralls x20
1 Allopex
Morrsarr Guard x6

I was thinking 2 more Allopexes and 10 more Thralls at least. Should I mix some Reavers in?

More allopexes are good. Grab some Reavers because they got a bit of a glow up in the new book and Unleash Hell on them rips poo poo up. A Thrallmaster can buff the Thralls real good. You don't need the eels nowadays since they're a little bit pricey for what they do but they're not the worst. Goonhammer reports a lot of fairly mixed lists on the tourney scene nowadays so it's pretty hard to go wrong.

Edit: also if you're already at 1500 and don't need to eat for like a week you could buy a Leviadon.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jun 21, 2022

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

The Deleter posted:

More allopexes are good. Grab some Reavers because they got a bit of a glow up in the new book and Unleash Hell on them rips poo poo up. A Thrallmaster can buff the Thralls real good. You don't need the eels nowadays since they're a little bit pricey for what they do but they're not the worst. Goonhammer reports a lot of fairly mixed lists on the tourney scene nowadays so it's pretty hard to go wrong.

Edit: also if you're already at 1500 and don't need to eat for like a week you could buy a Leviadon.

Great, thanks! The eels came with the Vanguard and Start Collecting boxes so that's why I have so many.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the lumineth point changes make no sense unless I guess there really is a book in the fall which lmao 3 books in 3 years

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

screech on the beach posted:

Great, thanks! The eels came with the Vanguard and Start Collecting boxes so that's why I have so many.

Yeah, the eels are fine. They used to be king poo poo, but nowadays you can't play them as mindlessly since a lot of the ranged threats you'd want to take out have Unleash Hell. Infiltrating them with a Soulscryer is still funny, they can take out squishy support characters real well, and weirdly they add 1 to the Biovoltaic blast roll if they charge a bigger unit so they can maybe clear screens like Gutrippas or suchlike pretty well (this is speculation since the Kruleboyz player in my meta tends to enjoy shooting them off the board haha).

There's also a lot of lists with Eidolons in them, but I don't like their model and it's a centrepiece model in an army with like two of them already so w/e.

Dreylad posted:

the lumineth point changes make no sense unless I guess there really is a book in the fall which lmao 3 books in 3 years

I feel like either someone at GW loving loves these stupid high elves, they have no idea what to do with them, or both.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

GW seems to love its elves as a whole. For all the talk about sce being spotlight sealers it kinda loses a bit of bite when you look at various elf armies. DoK - never bad and have healthy range of minis with few small additions here and there. Deepkin - also never bad and with good number of units. Lumineth only get better. Sylvaneth are the only exception, and new tome probably won't boost them into stratosphere. Even in CoS best unit is still phoenix guard

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Mors Rattus posted:

Bonereapers also have more options of Battleline. I'm glad there are little changes like that, not only points.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

The Deleter posted:

I feel like either someone at GW loving loves these stupid high elves, they have no idea what to do with them, or both.

The lead designer of AoS apparently did all the lore for the Lumineth so it may be both. To be fair I think part of the issue was Covid hosed up the roll out so that there was supposed to be a few years between 2nd and 3rd edition books, but I'm still almost embarrassed by how many units are available to me compared to most armies.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Mors Rattus posted:

Ah, hurray. Makes KB a little more playable... still not good, but better.

Silly question, Rippa's Snarlfangs are unit size 3, but are listed as single. Some other named little units too. But what do they mean by that..?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Marmaduke! posted:

Ah, hurray. Makes KB a little more playable... still not good, but better.

Silly question, Rippa's Snarlfangs are unit size 3, but are listed as single. Some other named little units too. But what do they mean by that..?

Single means it can’t be reinforced.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Fresh from black library https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/06/22/the-vulture-lord-answers-the-question-what-if-the-mayor-were-an-ossiarch-bonereaper

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/06/22/a-big-balance-update-hits-the-mortal-realms-as-war-comes-to-gallet/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/yviFjtzHMd1fG6iG.pdf

Fresh off the scribe's quill is the Balance Warscroll.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh wow, they did a number on Coalesced Seraphon.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It makes sense with the new season’s rules but it’s gonna sting.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Well gently caress me they ruined my longstrikes just before I started painting them up

Dragons still seem fine though even with the nerf, their stats are too high and they have too many special rules for anything this minor to hurt them too badly

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

They really nerfed my Stormcast list, but on the other side, my Bonereapers got better so I'm okay with the changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Painted a loonboss, now give me a functional Gitz book

Rock buddies!

Winklebottom fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 22, 2022